Open a new tab and see a full browser photo pulled from a RSS Feed
When you open a new tab in Chrome, Porthole will fill the browser with a photo selected from various popular RSS feeds covering Design, Architecture, Art and Technology. Through the settings, you can create your own custom feed including the sources that you like.
- (2018-12-28, v:0.6.2) Brandon Flowers: Reporting Issues
You can report issues or suggest enhancements on the cabin quest Github: https://github.com/headwinds/cabinquest
- (2018-12-28, v:0.6.2) Brandon Flowers: Portal black screen
If you add a new feed and suddenly Porthole stops working try clearing your local storage and start again. When some feeds fail to load, Portal breaks. You can open Chrome's developer tools and clear it like so: localStorage.clear()
- (2016-11-27, v:0.6.0) Brandon Flowers: Minor Update
Increased the feed list to nearly 50 different feeds
- (2015-09-12, v:0.5) Brandon Flowers: Alternative Images
Minor Update v0.5 I found that many posts have more than 1 interesting image so I've updated the app to provide a few alternative images if available. I still show the first image full screen then if there are other images, the app will attempt to find them and other buttons beneath the navigation to change the image.
- (2015-04-07, v:0.4.25) Mike Anderson: updates
Please stop showing so many updates. I like when it's just the photo when I open a tab, but it seems like one out of 5 times there's an update I need to click ok to get rid of.
- (2015-03-11, v:0.4.20) Brandon Flowers: Personal Photo
I'm aware the ability to add a personal photo is wonky. It works but not as well as it should. I'm working on a new flow which will allow you to include an additional personal photo which show up in your custom feed as an extra post.
- (2015-02-20, v:0.4.15) Brandon Flowers: Posts without Images
If a post doesn't have an image, I should display the text instead of a broken image link - I'll include this fix in the next release
- (2015-01-07, v:0.4.6) Brandon Flowers: Only randoms photos
Sometime I find a photo that I'd like to set a photo for awhile instead always seeing a random one. Can you provide a way for me to do that and perhaps cycle through them to find the one I want?