Right-click uploading of images and screenshots anonymously or to your imgur account.
Right-click uploading of images and screenshots to imgur, anonymously or to your imgur account. This is intended as a less feature-rich replacement for William Parry's original imgur Chrome extension which he has removed from the web store (I believe it is back and maintained as the Metronomik extension), and makes use of his icons. Version 2.3.1: Fix bug caused by improper use of a browser API, which are more strict nowadays. Version 2.3: Relaxed permission requirements as made possible by updates to Chrome's extension API (or, possibly, just their documentation). Version 2.2: Inverted the selection rectangle. This won't ever cause the selection rectangle to be in the captured image, which affected some users. Also, uploading images should work with more kinds of images now, including data urls and SVGs. Version 2.1: I was lying in bed last night and it occurred to me I'd added support for higher dpis but not different zoom levels. This was fortunate as when I went to muck around with it I discovered I'd introduced a bug that affected many if not most users. You can take captures while zoomed in or out now. Version 2.0: This update removes all 3rd party code and so the code for imgur Uploader is now in the public domain. Additionally: - Rewrite of capture area to fix various bugs, work in more websites, and respect high dpi displays. - Added requested features: not focusing tabs of uploaded images; copying to clipboard without opening images - Uses https all of the time - Opens album page when uploading into albums Version 1.2: Added uploading directly into albums.
- (2021-01-04) Pixel Whale: 沒帳號竟然就不能用
- (2020-10-08) Vlad Povolotzky: Super useful, thanks a lot!
- (2020-07-18) Christian Jensen: Works 3/10 times.
- (2020-07-11) Keith Curtis: This extension is one of my most-used. It does exactly what it says it does and saves me a ton of time. I only wish it was also available on Firefox. The solutions there aren't nearly so polished.
- (2020-02-17) Jason Gomez: Even better than I was expecting, with different options available and even a screenshot snipper.
- (2020-01-15) G M: This was the best browser extension for uploading to imgur until imgur limited its access to the API. Now, when I try and use it 90% of the time it fails with the message: "Daily client requests exceeded". Good things never last. Oh well.
- (2019-10-15) Venombeyond: Currently does not work, when rehosting, it comes to a page saying you MUST sign in now, as the site 'May contain something adult or erotic", Used to be able to post anonymously but can't anymore. Please Fix.
- (2019-10-06) Philipp Hoehn: Simple. Works as intended. EDIT: Often stops working so I have to reinstall Also a feature that allows you to put the url put on your clipboard (and maybe not open imgur) would be amazing
- (2019-10-02) Brandon Adams: Works great! Only thing missing from the William Parry / Metronomik extension that was the inspiration for this one is 'capture page' -- currently this one only has 'capture area' with a selection tool (plus direct image rehosting of course).
- (2019-08-26) Daniel Zaretsky: use it all the time, on all my computers. works great. very convenient to have 1 collection of images collected from the internet. imgur is a great service for this!
- (2019-03-05) Rai Kanegasi: Currently using ad injections from the Monetizus framework, such as thrgh.space currently marked as malware by Google, remove immediately.
- (2019-02-16) Aiven: So good, so simple. Big time-saver.
- (2018-08-23) Roma Gromov: Нет VK.
- (2018-06-13) Илья Зеленько: Удобно
- (2017-11-24) Zahra Q: Would be perfect if it was possible to upload to imgur without creating a new tab. Or at least not auto-switching to that tab. If you're uploading a bunch of images at once, the automatic switch to the new imgur tab is annoying.
- (2017-11-21) Juan Aponte: Awesome app.
- (2017-11-01) Алихан Кыргызбаев: Круто
- (2017-10-18) Working as expected.
- (2017-08-01) Nifol: It's broken. It requires a reload each time Chrome is fired up. The icon never shows up when right-clicking an image, you have to go into the extensions menu and deactivate/reactivate the extension in order for it to show up on the context menu.
- (2017-07-30) John Smith: Constantly stops working. I have to log out and log back in to get it working again.
- (2017-06-24) Aaron: works great i love it
- (2017-05-19) Alexo Nox: WORKS GOOD, EZ, FAST, JUST YOU NEED GO TO EXTENSION > CONFIGURATION AND START YOUR Session WHIT YOUR account. click right for capture zones.
- (2017-01-08) Fuadiansyah Samsuri: The update sucks! It is not showing anymore when I right-clicked an image...
- (2016-12-31) Thúy Thanh: so good
- (2016-12-24) البراعم الصغار: super app
- (2016-12-17) Dopamine Serotonin: Liked it before when it worked. Now all of a sudden, if I try to pull an image from Google, it just pops up saying "upload failure try again" no matter what image I pick. Really hope this can be fixed or else I'll unfortunately have to find a different extension.
- (2016-12-17) fhfh gb443: not functional
- (2016-12-05) plezier mooi: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It very inconsistent and I hope they will fix this is in future.
- (2016-12-01) Cody Brown: Hijacked by adware.
- (2016-11-26) Przemysław Nowak: how tu upload foto from my computer?
- (2016-11-23) nacho Vidal: buena pero me gustaría ahorrar clics
- (2020-12-18, v:2.3.1) Jay Howard: Capture area is not accurate
The image captured on many, but not all, pages is significantly off from the area I select.
- (2020-12-17, v:2.3.1) Egor Ryabkov: Can't chose what album to upload image to
I connected my Imgur account to this extension, it picked up my albums and displays them properly on the settings page, but when I try to save image, it doesn't ask where to save it, and puts it in "Images without albums". Any way to enable it? And thanks for your work! Just installed your extension, (other than this issue) works great so far!
- (2019-10-02, v:2.3.1) Brandon Adams: Capture entire page
Currently the only option when right-clicking on a non-image is "capture area" with the selection tool. The William Parry / Metronomik extension had "capture page", which would automatically scroll the page and capture one big long screenshot of everything. I used that function a lot and would love to see it here too.
- (2019-08-21, v:2.3.1) Олександр Бугровий: Saves an empty file
Doesn't work in version Chrome 78
- (2018-10-05, v:2.2) Sascha Tausend: Does nothing at all
This Extension does nothing at all. Nothing shows up right clicking an image. Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-06-26, v:2.2) Declining Humanity: suddenly it's not working
the extension was working till yesterday but now every time I save a photo it gives me upload failure
- (2018-03-20, v:2.2) Matthew Gallant: Capture Area
The extension has recently started having problems capturing an area. It uploads an area significantly to the right of the area you select.
- (2018-01-06, v:2.2) Ev3rade: Incompatible with "Dark Reader"
Hello there, thats an Awesome app you made there, I would really appreciate to use it but sadly its not compatible with the Dark Reader. It turns the whole page into a 'Big White'(changing the Contrast?) page after clicking on "Capture Area" when Dark Reader is active.
- (2017-08-17, v:2.1) Ju De Lyon: Deleting albums
Hi ! how can I delete created albums ? Great app BTW :)
- (2017-08-07, v:2.1) J: How do you scroll down a page while it's in capture mode?
It would be awesome if you could scroll through a page while you're capturing...
- (2017-07-18, v:2.1) Cameron Palan: Doesn't work
I cannot sign into my account, it always says "Whoa! You're moving too fast." and even uploading anonymously fails every time. Completely non-functional for me.
- (2017-05-27, v:2.1) Kevin Ohlsson: How do i change which account this plugin uploads to?
How do i change which account this plugin uploads to?