Customize how images are displayed and controlled within your browser.
Image Autosizer provides control over how image files are displayed in the browser window. Features: - Several display modes, changing how the image scales to the window - Smooth/inertial panning - Custom background color - Optional checkerboard-background - Option to close image on long mouse press Usage: - First, open up an image file - Click image to toggle the size - Double click to fill image to window - Press 'c' to temporarily change background color There is a quick guide in the preferences with some additional details. This extension was originally developed for Opera and is now finally available for Chrome! Chrome is quite limited in terms of viewing images, so this extension provides much-needed features for this purpose and should make your browsing experience more comfortable. All feedback is appreciated. Many of your suggestions have been implemented in previous versions so keep them coming. I do this for free on my spare time, your response now and then helps motivate me, thanks! Q & A ======== Q: This extension does not work! A: Go to the extension's preferences and read through the quick guide. If it doesn't work only on certain pages, make sure you have enabled the extension for secure pages if you are surfing on one. Also remember that this extension only takes effect if an image file is opened. It does not do anything to images located inside an html-document.
- (2020-02-15) Strenkor En'Triel: I am wondering why this functionality is not a default for the browser :)
- (2019-11-26) itisme itis: Didn't work for me.
- (2019-05-26) Brice Vandemoortele: finally!
- (2018-03-02) A G: Great extension! Best in it's class
- (2017-04-25) Robbie: Works great, but it doesn't work on Imgur .gifv files
- (2017-03-14) Popeye N: Just what i was loooking for. 1. default is fit to window width 2. click is original size 3. double click is fit to window
- (2017-03-13) Karl Piper: I could absolutely not figure out how to get the click/doubleclick functionality to work properly. After toggling the image sizing a few times, it becomes unresponsive to my clicks, and only spamming/random clicking will get it to switch again. The rest of the settings are great, and if this issue didn't affect me I'd rate 5/5. Definitely worth trying, hope it works for others!
- (2017-03-03) Ronnie Yeung: There is a bug where all images align to the left no matter how I config. See the link below: http://imgur.com/a/Wq9tv 4/3 updated: seems being fixed !
- (2017-02-24) Thomas Lupex: Would be five stars, but am running into a very annoying bug. Clicking on the image no longer zooms it in or out, and is only fixed upon a restart of Chrome. Is this a memory issue?
- (2017-02-07) Petre Ikonomov: I can't imagine using Chrome without this plugin, but I wish it had an additional setting to have "Original" inside the settings ignore Chrome's global zoom % (the Web content Page zoom % inside Chrome settings). Currently left single click and small images zoom an image to whatever Chrome's global zoom is. This way we can have image detail and sharpness preserved when viewing an image, simmilar to the way all photo vieweing software works, and at the same time allow the browser to scale web content as normal for easier reading. A single option to have the extension subtract the global zoom % from an image scaling. Edit: It looks like in the new version smaller images are centered both vertically and horizontally. Thank you so much for the update!
- (2016-11-02) Josef H.: Thank you very much for this must-have extension that fixes a problem ignored by the Chrome developers.. I only wish the image info didn't disappear in 2 seconds. It's a very short time to be able to read anything and there is no way to adjust it and make the feature actually useful.
- (2016-08-06) Ivan Gromov: just what the doctor ordered
- (2016-03-05) Joris van den Outenaar: Simple but well-thought-out and completely customisable. Should be standard!
- (2016-02-01) Krush Warok: Awesome!Works and center the image!
- (2015-11-18) Jaakko Alarto: No longer works :(
- (2015-10-21) Ricky Bremme: Fantastic !!
- (2015-09-16) Kevin King: I don't like how the info box at the bottom only appears for like 2 seconds then disappears. Most of the time I barely have time to read it! There should be an option to enable it permanently.
- (2015-07-25) chris trent: The one problem with Chrome is images larger than your window don't automatically resize. This extension fixes chome to operate more like firefox and fit an oversize image to the screen size.
- (2015-07-01) Rob: Perfect, this should be a default feature.
- (2015-07-01) Steve Rand: Works the way you would expect. Nice options (although confusing initially) for single and double clicking to change between scaling. I would like to see the same options available for smaller images, so that I can double-click a smaller-than-window image to zoom it up a bit (house plans on real estate sites).
- (2015-04-13) David Williams: Just came here to say thank you for a plugin that does exactly what every browser should do anyway.
- (2015-01-04) punk monk: Works great when it works. The zoom options are a little buggy. They recently stopped working for me.
- (2014-08-19) Talar Ograni: Handy. Generally comfortable. Has many options. If an image is taller than it is wide but still smaller than the browser window, Image Autosizer does not always maximize the image to the width of the window; only to the height. In the few cases where it does, I have to refresh the image to make it work. I would like this to be fixed or made into an option. I would also like an option for scrolling with the mouse wheel to make the image zoom in and out rather than to make it pan vertically.
- (2014-04-19) Vincent Chyn: Left click to cycle through modes is not working. Using: Version 34.0.1847.116 m
- (2014-04-02) EnzoFerrari9888: Works great for sites like reddit!
- (2014-02-18) Alexandre Gaudreau: Must have for Chrome!
- (2014-02-17) Silviu Serdaru: This is great... Now, if I have zoom activated, fit to window works. Thank you for this extension!
- (2021-02-05, v:3.4) Sebastian Grillmaier: the first click does nothing, and images smaller than the browser window aren't centered
is there a way for me to change anything about this?
- (2019-09-18, v:3.4) Peter Bassett: Center image
Can you add an option to center the image? Something changed in Chrome that puts the image in the top left part of the screen.
- (2019-08-14, v:3.4) Joseph Webber: Broken
A recent Chrome update must have broken the extension because images appear in the center for a split second and then move to the top left, and clicking them zooms them in on the top left instead of in the middle.
- (2018-10-31, v:3.4) O Love: Resolution/size not always recognized
On opening a new image its resolution and file size is sometimes 0. This will trigger enlarging, even if the image's height is larger than the window. It will stop at window width, but this is done by Chrome/Vivaldi, I guess. After clicking the image its resolution is detected, so the second click (default settings) will fit to window as expected.
- (2018-08-17, v:3.4) Andrea Matassino: When image is smaller than window
it's possible to add, besides orignal and maximize, also the function "fit to window"?
- (2018-03-02, v:3.4) A G: Dragging works incorrectly when you zoom an image using browser's built-in scaling
When you zoom an image using browser's built-in scaling (for example a pixel art to see every detail of it) then dragging works incorrectly. The image moves faster than the mouse cursor. I guess that to fix it the extension should get the current scale factor and divide mouse movement delta by that factor
- (2017-06-08, v:3.4) Steve Hack: Make images smaller
I browse a lot of forums where people post larges images, not large enough to fill my screen but large enough that I wish they were smaller. I'd like an option to resize all images to xxx by xxx with the ability to click on them for fullsize.
- (2017-04-25, v:3.4) Gil Duarte Villela Neto: Clicking no loger changes zoom
Very annoying bug that strongly cripples the extension at its core functionality. When clicking, the zoom no longer changes but rather stays the same. Upon a click, the mouse icon quickly changes from the magnifying glass to a cross, as if I were clicking and dragging the image. Based on that I think the problem is that the change of icons swifts the cursor position ever so slightly, tricking the program into thinking I'm dragging instead of just clinking. Therefore, I am never able to click, just drag.
- (2017-02-24, v:3.4) Thomas Lupex: Images stop zooming.
For whatever reason, after some time, pictures stop being able to be zoomed in or out. Needless to say, this is extremely problematic for image browsing and viewing through Chrome. Is there a way to address this? It feels like a memory issue, since it's briefly zoomable if I restart Chrome, but only briefly.
- (2016-10-11, v:3.2) Anneke Lee: does not work with jpgs I open in Chrome from my PC?
I have set the extension in Chrome and the test image you link to on wikipedia works with your extension. But jpgs I have stored on my PC do not resize as per the settings ...? Is there a way to mkae that work too? Thanks. Anneke
- (2016-06-26, v:3.2) Core Puncher: Auto image resize
I"m looking for a way to turn OFF the "auto resize" of images in chrome. For example, large images always start off "small" and I Have to click on them to expand. I want them full size immediately.