This extension adds an element to the contextual menu to open images in a metadata (EXIF) viewer.
Do you like checking the EXIF information of the images you find on the Internet? This extension will add an additional item to the context menu of the images which will open a new tab with the image in a metadata viewer. Piece of cake! It can't be any easier.
- (2019-04-06) Claudio Enea: Fino a questo momento l'unico che quantomeno funziona su Osx e che fornisce tutte le informazioni
- (2019-04-01) Carmen Gonzalez: Una herramienta de gran ayuda.
- (2019-03-14) Reth Hard: It can be useful and it works great. (For now) I looked at the source code and it's definitely not containing any spyware / hidden connection. It's an incredibly basic extension (12 lines of code) that is simply redirecting you to a metadata analysis website. If this website close or change anything in its URL, this extension will automatically stop working. It would have been great to add at least an option for telling if a picture is containing any EXIF data so you don't waste you time "scanning" every pictures.
- (2018-04-03) Nick A: Doesn't work on local files loaded into Chrome
- (2017-11-17) s4astlivaya itebetogozhe!: никакой пользы от расширения. размер фотки и цвет - ну и нафига эта информация нужна?)
- (2017-08-01) Joe Richland: What a great tool. Great job....looks like every line of metadata!
- (2017-04-17) Piotr Paszkowski: I agree with the previous post. A better option is to watching Exif info in floating window than sending a photo to a public website, but this although fully works in contrast to other products.
- (2017-02-01) Gethin Coles: does what it says on the tin :)
- (2017-01-21) Thomas Solvi: With the recent fix, this is back up and running again :) And now works as well as always!
- (2017-01-14) Jason Sheldon: Great! JF's Exif viewer was really useful until Jeffrey added the CAPTCHA.. but José has made a superb job, fixing the problem by creating his own. I hope it's supported well! As a request - a large thumbnail of the image would be handy, in a similar fashion to the previous EXIF viewer, so that it can be screengrabbed and/or printed with the EXIF data for evidence against copyright infringers.
- (2017-01-02) dclark064: This extension is easy to use and presents a complete list of metadata. The developer continues to monitor feedback and fixes problems that arise.
- (2016-12-28) Mar Mari: love it! perfect
- (2016-10-07) Kevin F: Works lovely
- (2016-05-13) Paulo Araujo: Very poor interface, but does the job.
- (2016-02-10) Peter Bielack: Wolałbym widzieć Exif w pływającym okienku, ale to przynajmniej działa skutecznie.
- (2016-01-23) Junior Ferrari: Liked
- (2015-12-30) Lee Hamilton: Uncomplicated and just works. KISS.
- (2015-07-17) Nasari: i love it
- (2014-03-11) Rafał Magda: Works great!
- (2013-09-20) Juan Carlos Palao: Ahora sí que lo tengo a mano. Muy útil para los fotógrafos inquietos y curiosos como yo.
- (2013-09-20) ADRIÁN Pareja: EXCELENTE APLICACION, MUY MUY UTIL!
- (2013-09-19) Javier Martinez: Megautil!!!!!
- (2013-09-19) Lolo: Imprescindible.
- (2013-09-19) Angel Guzman Maeso: Si eres fotógrafo o trabajas con imágenes es casi obligatorio tenerla instalada
- (2017-01-24, v:2.1) dclark064: GPS Data
The EXIF viewer does not seem to include GPS data. Can that be included? Also I suggest that the basic data block include the focal length of the lens. Thanks for making this available.
- (2017-01-15, v:2.1) Jason Sheldon: Show the image in the page?
Could you add a small version of the image (big enough to be visible if printed or screengrabbed as evidence) so that the EXIF/IPTC data can be shown relative to the image it refers to? This would help when compiling evidence for copyright infringement, so that it can demonstrate the data is from the image we say it is... just the same way Jeffery's viewer used to...?
- (2017-01-02, v:2.0) dclark064: It's working again.
Thanks for getting it working again. Seems to be solid. The presentation is a bit different but all the data seems to be there. Dave
- (2016-12-26, v:1.0) Doc BiFFo: New URL for Jeffrey
The old URL for the website has changed: http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi can you fix your addon? I am totally addicted to it! ;-)
- (2016-04-05, v:1.0) Victor B: Stopped working
This site can’t be reached regex.info took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Been this way for a couple of days.