Write your best with Grammarly for Chrome.
By installing the extension, you agree to Grammarly’s Terms and Conditions (www.grammarly.com/terms). From grammar and spelling to style and tone, Grammarly helps you eliminate writing errors and find the perfect words to express yourself. You’ll get suggestions from Grammarly as you write on Gmail, Twitter, LinkedIn, and nearly everywhere else you find yourself writing. Grammarly is a writing assistant that goes deeper than grammar to offer you comprehensive writing feedback. You can be confident that your writing is not only correct, but clear and concise, too. Be sure to register your account to receive a personalized writing report each week to help you track your progress and identify improvement areas. ★ NEW: Detect your tone Grammarly’s built-in tone detector helps you figure out how your message will come across to readers. That means you’ll have the opportunity to add a little more confidence, friendliness, or whatever the situation calls for before you hit send. ★ High-quality writing A spelling checker can catch typos. A grammar checker can catch grammatical mistakes. But good writing is more than just proper grammar and spelling. Grammarly helps you fix grammar, spelling, and punctuation issues, and it can also help you revise sentences that are grammatically correct but wordy and unclear. ★ Works where you do Grammarly for Chrome is compatible with the text fields on most websites, including Gmail, Google Docs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Wordpress, and millions of others. Once you add Grammarly to Chrome, you’ll start seeing writing suggestions as you type. ★ Trusted by millions of users Business professionals, students, writers, bloggers, and plenty of people who just want to write better trust Grammarly to help them produce their best work. ★ Grammarly in the news PCMag: “Grammarly analyzes writing and suggests improvements. Despite its name, Grammarly is much more than just a grammar checker.” Forbes: “Grammarly quickly and easily makes your writing better and makes you sound like a pro, or at least helps you avoid looking like a fool.” Business Insider: “Grammarly is a great tool for freelancers who specialize in freelance writing, but it's also useful for any freelancer who needs to communicate concisely and professionally.” ★ Grammarly Premium When you really have to make an impression, Grammarly Premium can help you elevate the quality of your writing through word choice, tone, and style-specific writing suggestions. Grammarly Premium can also help you detect plagiarism and add citations.
- (2019-12-09) Sumith Gali: I loved it
- (2019-12-09) Kirsten Meyer - student: ehh... i guess it was ok
- (2019-12-09) Ana Untila: Love it, love it, love it! Of course it's an automated tool, if anyone expects it to write on their behalf, then they got it all wrong. It helps you become better, but you need to know how to write and to understand the suggestions it is making and the ones it is not. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the better version for Google docs.
- (2019-12-09) Cole Miller: OMG, this extension is AMAZING even if you don't have premium version it is still incredible. If your unsure about how to write something put it through grammarly. Even though it does cause some lag, Its TOTALLY worth it.
- (2019-12-09) IOCKED: First of all, it's great. I enjoy getting the corrections that the extension gives me, but I wish that you could change what you wrote for. Grammarly, if you see this, please add this feature.
- (2019-12-08) Vinay Vyas: Life saver it is
- (2019-12-08) kuo michael: 好用~
- (2019-12-08) R Lévèque: excellent on iphone and chromebook
- (2019-12-07) Daniel: Avoid it at all costs until they don’t fix it IF they fix it. I have had many problems with this extension for the past few days. The extension is slow and takes too much time to read the text and find writing errors. The extension is too big, and as far as I remember, it didn’t take up as much space as it had in the past few years thanks to these stupid updates. The size of the extension was 2.5-3MB maximum. Now the size of the extension is almost 11MB, which is absurd! Thanks to these silly updates, it has become problematic to have it installed on your browser. The desktop client used to be flexible and easy. When I want to uninstall the software, it leaves no traces, leftovers and junk stored on the disk. Thanks to these dense updates, the program leaves so much garbage that I have to uninstall it twice and delete traces and debris left by the program by using REVO uninstaller. It seems that nobody has complained about that issue to the Grammarly engineers. The reboot doesn’t solve the problem because it always happens that some part of the program remains stored on the disk, resulting in an operating system running slower after next reboot. The last update of this extension is a catastrophic overhaul. Sometimes it happens that the popup window or my browser closes when I hover with my mouse. I noticed that when I want to import a document from Microsoft office into a Grammarly editor, the text breaks into several small paragraphs and turns out to be like I was writing lyrics, and not text. If I’m not careful, the problem will snowball, and I will end up with something like this: Let’s say I mistyped the word “Disestablishmentarianism.” I’m not sure it is worth contacting engineers to fix this because I heard many complaints about how the Administration is not bothering to solve major bugs. Each update they launched has resulted in the program being dysfunctional, unstable, and buggy. I even noticed that when I import the document, odd symbols appear at the bottom of the text. I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth supporting service by paying them a subscribed status that worth all the wealth. I don’t like the censorship, which this program offers. I decide which words I will use. It is none of his business is my language intrusive or not. Think twice before you decide to purchase their subscription status, or else, you will regret it.
- (2019-12-07) Susanti Mallida: I am working as a free translator, and grammarly helps me to work with confidence!
- (2019-12-06) Brianna Waller: I am a college student in my third year and I wish I would of known about this extension sooner! This extension is very helpful for the work that I do on a daily basis online working in google documents, emails, commenting on peer work, and so on. Very helpful and a real life saver!! My favorite part is how it tells me my "tone". I can discover if I am being professional, energetic, happy, helpful, critical, etc. Again, my new favorite part of my computer!
- (2019-12-06) Мария Волощенко: I like this program!
- (2019-12-06) Al Roulexe: I have a portal I use all the time for work, its default font is really small and it doesn't spellcheck at all. Using this app immediately resolves the issue, it's brilliant.
- (2019-12-06) Laide Oladepo: It is good. it works perfectly on Words.
- (2019-12-06) Cristina Lanio: Excelente aplicación. Si la tuvieran en español no dudaría en comprar la opción premium. Yo escribo mayormente en español.
- (2019-12-06) Dwijen Chawra: The grammar correction is pretty good on google docs, but oh god the lag, the lag.... it makes fast typing virtually impossible when corrections are on because when you type fast, it takes a second after you stop to actually show the letters. please do fix this, i really love grammarly and want to continue using it.
- (2019-12-06) omer faruk tanatar: Definitely good, only unfavorable thing is that it doesn't work with outlook as slow down it terribly.
- (2019-12-06) Елена Куприянова: Best product ever! I tend to write quickly, so I misspell a lot. Plus I love that they send reports on my performance, that's really cool.
- (2019-12-05) Benjamin Zelaya: Grammarly really helped me out in English class
- (2019-12-05) Chris Bristol: I love it
- (2019-12-05) riptor jr: Great for helping me fix errors in my writing.
- (2019-12-05) Rishad Quazi: Works very well for Google Docs, and fulfills all my needs for a basic, free spelling grammar checker. It also doesn't overload the CPU too much.
- (2019-12-05) BewiggedAnt 794: This really helps me to do well in school, when it comes to english, but i'm Norewgian, and i wish that Grammarly would just support some other language's, like Norwegian, but Grammarly is still really good :)
- (2019-12-05) nirakar ghimire: Has been immensely helpful in correcting my grammars and phrases while writing. highly recommended.
- (2019-12-05) ברכה זיכרמן: I use Grammarly in Google docs, and I enjoy it. I think though, that it would be better if there was an option to add words or names related to personal work so that they won't be underlined in that particular document. For example: Grammary doesn't currently recognize the name, 'Guy,' and suggests that I change it to, 'the guy.'
- (2014-12-22, v:3.0.79) Jeff Davis: Spell Check Not Working
Grammarly spell checker was working great until last week. Can you please advise? System is windows 7 and google chrome.
- (2014-12-21, v:3.0.79) Nikki Effects: too big update
not sure if the recent size update is the best, I like it better when it was smaller and more discrete because it was easier to use. Perhaps a setting to make the corrector smaller if you want to would help?
- (2014-12-19, v:3.0.79) David Saroyan: Problem on particular sites
Hey! Is there any way to turn it off for particular sites?
- (2014-12-19, v:3.0.79) Maya: Opening window
I just downloaded the extension, and I'm trying to learn how to use it. How do you open the editing window?
- (2014-12-17, v:3.0.79) Robin Sentell: Problem with Source code editing in CMS
When I go to edit the source within our Wysiwig editor, the Grammarly plugin with do a page refresh, and then text will be superimposed upon itself making the source code unreadable. I have been using Grammarly for over a year. This is a new problem that came with the latest update. I am sure it effects many users because this is exactly the context that most people who do this kind of work would want an aid like Grammarly.
- (2014-12-17, v:3.0.79) barry w Goodwin: Grammarly
Grammarly dosen't want to work on facebook. It is loaded and on?
- (2014-12-16, v:3.0.79) Tracy Ingram: black overlay with close button
On quite a few sites I get this black overlay with a blue close button. I turn it off for the domain but it forgets everytime I go to another page. Very frustrating so every page on the site I have to turn off?
- (2014-12-15, v:3.0.79) Gregory perry: Thanks
I write a lot for my doctorate class and it is a life saver.
- (2014-12-12, v:3.0.79) peter dean: microsoft word
will not work with microsoft word if it did I would purchace it .
- (2014-12-11, v:3.0.76) Michael A. Giannelli: duplicate text
When I use Grammarly and it offers a "correction," it will frequently REPRODUCE (in their entirety) whole sentences I have typed or parts of sentences (in their entirety) I'm in the process of writing. Solution?.