BetterTTV enhances Twitch with new features, emotes, and more.
Also known as "BTTV" or "Better Twitch TV" by the community, BetterTTV aims to add new features to Twitch's website. Here's just some of the features we add to chat: • Extra emoticons - BetterTTV global and per-channel emotes • Username/Word/Phrase highlighting • Word/Phrase blacklist • Split chat lines for easy reading • See deleted links and messages • Unban all banned chatters with /massunban (channel owner only) • Anon Chat - join a channel without showing in the user list • Hide visual noise like bits How to use: • Just install and visit Twitch to begin using the add-on. • Options can be configured in the chat settings or by clicking the BetterTTV settings from the user dropdown menu on Twitch. • Type "/help" in chat to see the list of BetterTTV chat commands.
- (2020-11-25) Dieter Horst: Left Side Chat Feature ist etwas verbuggt, z.b. wird die Größe des Videoplayers falsch skaliert. In meinem Fall wird dieser zu klein dargestellt.
- (2020-11-24) Ty: 10/10 or in this case 5/5
- (2020-11-24) Kristoff Seisler: Currently breaks the video player when 'left side chat' is enabled. What happens is that the video player starts playing in a small corner of the screen instead of its original place. Otherwise a good extension of course.
- (2020-11-23) pepega: PogChamp
- (2020-11-22) Shon: It's a must-have for Twitch
- (2020-11-21) FelixJBr: Amazing!
- (2020-11-20) Jon Trompeter: WONDERFUL! Must have!
- (2020-11-19) Aeon Naranek: One thing missing here - 'Prefered Video Quality' setting. When i use pop-up player from Twitch Stream, video quality turns into automatic everytime. While web keeps cache of your choose video quality and has it fixated for all stream, pop-up window doesn't. I think this extesion could do something about that. Plus it will help to remove buffering if Twitch loses cachce and turns automatic quality back directly in web.
- (2020-11-18) John Chappell: As cores personalizadas ficaram mais claras. E não tem uma opção de desativar as cores legiveis D:
- (2020-11-17) Matthew Gresham: Emotes PogU
- (2020-11-15) ALK 320: pog
- (2020-11-14) Bass Boosted: Bettertv aren't working on Vod Chat, just in live
- (2020-11-13) AndySuhh: Im guessing it is godd but it wont pop up in chat settings MonkaS
- (2020-11-13) Emok: Bei mir werden die änderungen bzw. die emotes nicht angezeigt. ich weiss leider nich woran es liegen kann.
- (2020-11-10) how r U: OMG I installed this extension on my MacBook pro 13 and it heat up too much with this extension on big stream
- (2020-11-09) Just Some Guy With a Big Butt: really like it who ever thought of this is a genius thank you for making this extension
- (2020-11-09) Samuel Neagu: monkaS
- (2020-11-09) Lodicrous: The extension is really good and allows very good customizability to Twitch. The only thing I have to say about it that's bad is that for some reason, when it's installed in chrome BTTV changes to colors of twitch chat to be less vibrant. For example, I use a super vibrant red in twitch chat that is easy to see, but with BTTV installed, it dulls down the color so that vibrant red is extremely dull looking. I tested it, and removing the extension caused the colors to go back to normal, where all the colors in the chat were vibrant once more. Other than that, its a really good and useful extension for quality of life changes on twitch.
- (2020-11-08) Ваня Денисов: Из-за расширения начал пропадать звук в браузере, исправьте пожалуйста, спасибо.
- (2020-11-06) Monkreet: enables me to disable recommended channels.
- (2020-11-04) Tomi Häsä: Choosing emotes could be faster. Otherwise, fine.
- (2020-11-03) Chris Bakke: Absolutely essential for watching any amount of Twitch honestly.
- (2020-11-03) Ankush Malaker: Twtich isnt twitch without this. Thanks, devs. Love yall.
- (2020-11-03) Annie B: I love this extension but for weeks now the menu for emotes disappeared from my browser after I cleaned my browser's cache and cookies. While I can still see the emotes when chat uses them, I don't have a menu to see them and use them myself without typing the emote's name. I do have the BetterTTV settings in my twitch and tried the suggested toggling back and forth to show emotes, even toggled the settings in my chrome browser's extensions but nothing changed. Is there any way to fix this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled BetterTTV 4 times now.
- (2020-11-02) Steven Sun: Only way to watch twitch now that I have it.
- (2014-03-14, v:6.6) Morgan DePriest: emotes
The emote button next to the viewer list button is no longer there. Please help
- (2014-03-11, v:6.6) Ay Beecee: Broken
Doesn't work 99% of the time. The only thing that works is the split chat. Even removes some of Twitch's stuff that's supposed to be there.
- (2014-03-05, v:6.6) Noah Smith: BROKEN
YEAH IT NO WORK FIX OR IM GOING TO KILL BABIES
- (2014-03-04, v:6.6) smt: Latest Twitch update broke
I think it's broken since the latest Twitch.tv update
- (2014-02-02, v:6.6) Nunya Buisness: Glitch
It makes it so sometimes to other peiople it doesnt send my message but it shows it for me and this is VERY annoying plz fix that plz! :)
- (2014-02-01, v:6.6) Tweak to chat highlighting feature
I love the feature that highlights chat messages that contain my name. My suggestion is to enhance that feature. Background: I have a longer chat name. Most of the time people abbreviate my name, and rarely use my full name. They typically use the first few characters. The chat highlight feature appears to highlight only when my full name appears in a message. Suggestion: Allow pattern matching of name to highlight. An option on the Settings page "Chat name partial match" would trigger message highlight if the first half or more of the user's name appears in the message. The option should default to off, still allowing users to experience the normal behavior. Thanks for your consideration!
- (2014-01-31, v:6.6) Claudio Pascalis: Settings are not being saved
Hey, first of all great extension! :) Sadly the settings of bttv are not being saved. Everytime I (re)start my browser I have to load my saved settings from the backup file to get them back. OS: Ubuntu 12.10 Any other Info needed? What can I do to help you debug this?
- (2014-01-09, v:6.6) Cal Sear: Hiding progress bar in VODs?
Hi, first off; great extension. A feature I'd like to see is some way to hide the persistent progress bar in past broadcasts/VODs. As it is it's always visible, even in full-screen, which often spoils watching tournaments/matches which are best of 3/5/7 etc by indicating how long is left. Much appreciated, thanks.
- (2014-01-08, v:6.6) Nick caperna: Monkey emoticons/possible lag
I like the extension and all, but I don't like the monkey emotes that i can't turn off over the normal Twitch Robot ones. I also noticed some lag on lots of streams when i try to run on high or source quality, I don't know if this is the extensions making it lag or not because it just started happening every so often after I got the app. The main thing though is to make the monkeys optional please.
- (2013-12-26, v:6.6) Adrianne Marcet: Clear Chat Option
When I as a streamer press clear chat it tells me that the chat was cleared by a moderator and it has been prevented by BetterTTV. I would like to have that option available for my mods to use so that i dont have to do it while im streaming.