Save references to Zotero from your web browser
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use, open-source tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share research. The Zotero Connector automatically senses content as you browse the web and allows you to save items to Zotero with a single click. If a PDF is available, the Connector can save it to your library to read later, and it can even save snapshots of webpages in case they change or disappear. Whether you're searching for a preprint on arXiv.org, a journal article from JSTOR, a news story from the New York Times, or a book from your university library catalog, Zotero has you covered with support for thousands of sites. Additionally, if you use a web-based proxy to access resources your institution subscribes to, the Zotero Connector can automatically redirect you through the proxy when you follow links to those sites from elsewhere on the web, making sure that you always have access to PDFs and other gated content. While the Connector can save most pages directly to your zotero.org account, for the full Zotero experience be sure to install the Zotero desktop app, which allows you to organize your references efficiently, insert citations automatically into Word, LibreOffice, and Google Docs, and much more. You can download Zotero for free from https://www.zotero.org/download. We are happy to help with any issues you encounter with the Zotero Connector, but we cannot do so through the Chrome Web Store. For bug reports, questions, comments, or help, please visit https://www.zotero.org/support/getting_help.
- (2020-04-14) joël boka: ça m'est très utile, merci
- (2020-04-09) Olivia Kinney: Doesn't work. Just tells me The Zotero Connector was unable to communicate with the Zotero desktop application.
- (2020-04-07) Deepa Devkota: Hi i'm a bit confused about not getting the zotero icon in my word file. Could it be because i used internet explorer till now and only downloaded chrome for the connector? Could anything be done?
- (2020-04-03) Sallie Bestul: Hello! I'm an avid user of Zotero and of Zotero's chrome plugin, howeve I've found it often doesn't recognize key websites as magazine/ news sites. Recently I tried to save an article from "Time.com" and it only recognized it as a website. This also happened with NPR, SF Chronical and others. What can I do to fix this?
- (2020-04-03) Pinar Demircan: yes it does not work with opera and w 8
- (2020-03-30) manto zampeli: Excellent integration for google docs, at least for chrome in mac! Thank you!
- (2020-03-27) Effendy Santoso: Pls give us more space to save files. im on free account but to upgrade need a lot of money..
- (2020-03-23) Cristóbal A.: Muy buena, ahorra la acción de copiar url, minimizar, maximizar... cada vez que quieres citar algo, y además puedes tener tus datos sin conexión en el programa principal Zotero.
- (2020-03-22) Kong Natee: Working quite good on new Microsoft Edge(chromium). Could you please submit it to the Microsoft Edge(chromium) store.
- (2020-03-17) haixiao wang: How can I download the connector for Chrome on my Mac and install it manually?
- (2020-03-16) 哈哈: 非常好用的一款学术软件，我所有理想中的功能它都实现了，相见恨晚啊！！！
- (2020-03-09) Lucia Paucar: Es de mucha ayuda para los trabajos de monografía
- (2020-03-07) Anandrao Shamrao Patil: Nice experience
- (2020-02-26) Kevin Gibbons: Easy and intuitive. I love Zotero! And this extension makes me researching seamless.
- (2020-02-25) bbk brickan: 쓰기편하고 좋습니다
- (2020-02-12) Graciela Alejandra Martinez: Graciela Alejandra MartinezÚltima modificación: Hace 1 segundo Hola! he instalado nuevamente Zotero en mi computadora, debido a que se hizo un bak up en la misma, y al ingresar en mi cuenta sólo figuran algunos trabajos pero los más recientes no están. Alguien podría decirme si se puede recuperar esa base de datos? Gracias!!
- (2020-02-10) Chris Henderson: The connector stops working every couple days. It will work fine for a while, but then randomly stops recognizing journal articles or retrieving full-text PDFs when I navigate to a journal's website (that had previously worked fine). Upon uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, it works again. I have had to do this several times. Not a deal-breaker (mainly because there isn't a better option to use while writing my dissertation), but more than a minor annoyance.
- (2020-02-09) Jessica Kattermann: DOES NOT WORK! The ONLY reason I had to download this annoying program was because my Professor loves it, so of course they want their students to use it. I've installed, fixed and messed with this program so many times. I GIVE UP!
- (2020-02-07) wildhan nur: cara mengatasi zotero trouble translating gimana?
- (2020-02-01) 柯坤呈: I want to express my excellent experience with your team. This is a fantastic application for the academic person using. It's helpful for people collecting material for the journal website. However, I am still curious whether it is possible to release the mobile version for IOS or Android system. If yes, it would be fantastic!
- (2019-12-06) Sahayadas Fernando: Unable to download Zotero Connector
- (2019-11-14) Huyen Nguyen: It's free and good! Thank you so much Zotero team!
- (2019-11-12) Alicia Williams: This is *amazing*! I have been downloading PDFs then dragging and dropping into Zotero for two years. Tonight I discovered this Chrome extension and got five papers downloaded right into my Zotero library in under five minutes! What a time-saver! Very accurate transfer of information, too. THANK YOU!
- (2019-11-08) Pablo Miller: If everybody writing PhD theses had Zotero, they would save a lot on school loans! Sure wish I'd had it in grad school.
- (2019-11-02) Josh Desmond: The only citation manager I've ever actively enjoyed using
- (2017-04-13, v:188.8.131.52) Sebastian L.: some pages not working
Hi, some pages can be saved to we flawless, others I get an error message (standalone not installed) Example http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/2109501340136606/Tagliatelle-al-Salmone.html works fine .. saved to web with snapshot ... Same page in print view: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/drucken/2109501340136606/2309481a/4/Tagliatelle-al-Salmone.html Doesn't save and notifies me that the standalone is not installed ... Strange isnt it ...? Any idea? Best Sebastian
- (2017-04-09, v:184.108.40.206) Mengfei Xu: cannot capture pdf in Oivd PsycINFO
cannot download pdf in PsycINFO database
- (2017-03-28, v:220.127.116.11) José Pedro Correia: Import from ResearchGate
Currently, when viewing a publication on ResearchGate, the Zotero Connector only offers the option to import as web page. However, all the metadata of the publication is there, often even the PDF. It would be nice to be able to properly import the publication using all the metadata available.
- (2017-03-08, v:18.104.22.168) Terry Gillyard: It not working for me .Please help.
[email protected] Hi, Terry here, Zotero could not load, one component required to communicate with my word processor. I think I ensured the appropriate Word extension was installed and tried again. No go. Next message, We're sorry. We can't open zotero because we found a problem with its content. next message, Microsoft Office cannot open this file because some parts are missing or invalid. Word found unreliable content in Zotero-4.09.29.16(11).xpi". Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click yes.
- (2017-03-06, v:22.214.171.124) Matthieu Peycelon: Problème d'installation
Bonsoir, Impossible d'installer le module Zotero Connector Sur le lien "ajouté à Chrome", on ne peut pas cliquer. J'ai désactivé le bloqueur de publicités sans succès. merci pour votre aide. Cordialement, M. Peycelon
- (2017-03-05, v:126.96.36.199) no Z button on my toolbar
I just added Zotero to my toolback but I don't have the Z button, only the file one.
- (2017-02-22, v:188.8.131.52) Felix Figueroa: Zotero not launching
Per subject line, Zotero not launching. Pop up message says "Mozglu.dill is missing from your computer, try reinstalling"
- (2017-02-20, v:184.108.40.206) Brian Waller: zotero not connected to chrome
A mystery! on Zotero connector is says 'Added to chrome', but so sign of zotero when i search for anything in chrome.No icon , no indication of article , book etc . It was working ok but not now
- (2017-02-20, v:220.127.116.11) Brian Waller: chrome not connecting to zatero
zotero has been working brilliantly but no more.chrome searched just dnt show zotero buton or icon
- (2017-02-18, v:18.104.22.168) Z button has disappeared
The 'Z' button has just disappeared from my browser (firefox), as far as I'm aware without me doing anything! The button to save things to Zotero is still there but I can't open Zotero to see those things. I've used Zotero without this problem for several months and don't think I've just updated anything. I'm panicking! How can I get the button back and open Zotero?