This extension stores browser bookmarks into the user's dropbox account and syncs them across multiple computers and web browser
Bookmark Box takes your browser's bookmarks and stores them in your Dropbox account, and synchronize them across multiple computers and web browsers. Available for Google Chrome and Firefox Firefox : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-box/ Coming soon for Safari and Internet Explorer
- (2018-04-14) Steve Cliff: Works and syncs very quickly. Looks like a potential replacement for Xmarks which is great news. Only downside I've found so far is that it doesn't keep the order of the bookmarks. Would love the developer to add syncing of order too so I didn't have to re-arrange things on each PC.
- (2018-04-05) Graham Laws: This is a beautifully simple idea. As we've now lost Xmarks, this may be a an easy way to keep bookmarks in sync across computers. I'm testing it right now. Hope the developer stays committed to it.
- (2015-01-26) Joan Figueras: Good extension, synchronization using Dropbox is excellent, but bookmarks in Firefox toolbar are not showed in Chrome toolbar. You need to navigate in bookmarks menu in Chrome to find them. This is really annoying. Maybe there are some conversion that needs to be done to adapt bookmarks toolbar in both browsers. Thank you for your extension, but it needs a bit more work to be perfect.
- (2018-04-25, v:2.0.3) Steve Cliff: Sort Order
Would be great if the extension stored the order of the bookmarks as well as the bookmarks themselves?
- (2017-12-31, v:2.0.3) Neil Kronlage: Safari Version?
This extension looks great but I need it to work with Safari too. Is Safari support still planned?
- (2017-11-01, v:2.0.3) nl6 NI7IHZ: sync frequece
How to set the sync frequence
- (2017-04-05, v:2.0.3) Frank Hürlimann: Not working in my FireFox Rev52
Hello Anshul, thank you for your great tool (will be even greater with coming Safari add-on ;-) ). Since end of March, and the upgrade of FireFox to rev 52, Bookmark Box does not store anything on my Dropbox anymore. Sometimes even new Bookmarks got lost. Can you have a look at this? Can I support you using PayPal and your e-mail? Sincerely, Frank [email protected]
- (2016-07-08, v:1.0.2) Not working
It will not sync with dropbox on either of my computers. chrome on W10
- (2016-06-21, v:1.0.2) Yen Mertens: Will you make this compatible with the latest Dropbox and/or Chrome APIs?
I noticed your comments on your Firefox version of this extension. I hope you update the Chrome version as well.
- (2016-02-15, v:1.0.2) Lluis Forns: owncloud
does it work with ouwncloud? I am looking for a self-hosted solution to share bookmarks between chrome and firefox. Thanks