This extension sets your search engine to Ecosia and customizes your new tab page so you can plant trees with every search.
➤ How it works Ecosia is a search engine like Google, but very different: we use our ad revenue to plant trees where nature and people need them most. The Ecosia community has already planted millions of trees in Ethiopia, Brazil, Indonesia, Spain, as well as many other biodiversity hotspots. ➤ Privacy, not just promises We're interested in trees, not your data: we don’t save your searches, we don’t track the websites you visit, we don’t sell your data to advertisers, and your searches are always SSL-encrypted. ➤ CO2 positive CO2 neutral is not enough. Thanks to our solar plant and the Ecosia forests around the world, each of your searches removes around 1 kg of CO2 from the atmosphere. ➤ Radical transparency Trust has to be earned. That’s why we publish our monthly financial reports and tree-planting receipts on our website. We also signed a legal contract that requires us to stay true to our not-for-profit cause, forever. ♡ Get the chrome extension today. The world will be better for it. ♡ ➤ …or learn more: Find out more about our tree-planting projects, team, and mission on our website: https://info.ecosia.org ➤ Follow us on our journey to 1 billion trees: The Ecosia blog: https://blog.ecosia.org/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecosia Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ecosia Twitter: https://twitter.com/ecosia Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/EcosiaORG ➤ Required permissions: "Read and change data on all ecosia.org sites’ and ‘Communicate with cooperating websites," - so that our extension can talk to ecosia.org and vice versa. "Change your search settings to ecosia.org" - this permission allows us to change your default search engine to ecosia.org "Read and modify your most visited websites" - this permission is needed for the “New Tab” page so that we can display your most visited sites ➤ What others are saying: “By making Ecosia your search engine you can actually help the environment one search at a time.” – The Guardian “If that's not incredible fundraising progress by a single company, we're not sure what is." – Treehugger
- (2020-10-31) klaus: é perfeito, tenho esperança num futuro melhor!
- (2020-10-30) Mikael Pelgrin: Fonctionne parfaitement ! En gardant google sous la main tout de même...compte mail / youtube/ etc. dur de se passer de Google malgré tout.
- (2020-10-29) 永永: 我主要是为了环保和种树 啊哈哈
- (2020-10-28) Simon Richter: Transparent, weltverbessernd alles was man von einer Suchmaschine will!!11!
- (2020-10-28) ROBERTO LEIRANA MARTÍN: Que iniciativa más bonita y positiva. Mil felicidades por esta labor y deseo que sea cierto la plantación de árboles. Si es así, brutal. Mil gracias Ecosia.
- (2020-10-23) Diner Ismail: Love it, and I use it on all my devices. Great company!
- (2020-10-22) MIGUELBORDH 2: muy original y fluido
- (2020-10-20) Joana da Rosa Levandoski: Isso é perfeito! Amei Só acho que poderia ter uma opção pra personalizar o ecosia, como escolher um fundo ou colocar uma cor, tirando isso ele é perfeito!
- (2020-10-19) Serra Yılmazer: Arı yayınlarının paragraf kitabından test çözerken bir paragrafta karşıma çıktı ve hemen bilgisayarıma kurmaya geldim. Aşırı mükemmel düşünülmüş bir fikir. Kimden çıktıysa tebrik ediyorum gerçekten. Dünya da hala iyi insanlar var...
- (2020-10-19) M. G.: Idea Eccezionale, sarebbe bello vedere le zone dove stanno piantando questi alberi in tempo reale e le future zone in programma.
- (2020-10-14) Marcelle Francelino: Está em inglês e pelo computador não posso mudar o fundo...sim esse foi o motivo de eu desinstalar ok pois curto colocar de fundo a matéria coisas importantes que preciso memorizar.
- (2020-10-13) erdal gok: çok iyi her aramada 1 ağaç dikiliyor yani her aramada dünyadaki co2 miktarını 1 kg azaltıyorsunuz ve google kadar iyi
- (2020-10-04) Cristian Acevedo: If you want to know more about the information of the company , just search five minutes and you found the inversions since 2017. Cuando quiero saber más al respecto y la página es transparente y muestra todos sus archivos y el alcance de la empresa. Saludos desde Colombia, llevo 15 árboles plantados en tres días porque tengo clases virtuales y no paro. Gran acción.
- (2020-10-02) robin i guess: So rewarding and feel-good knowing every search i make is saving planet earth. Thanks ecosia for restoring my faith in humanity once again!
- (2020-10-02) Julian Barazzutti: As a product is completely convenient, it transforms one of our everyday habits into ecology with seemingly effortless. As a company I think is brilliant how it put most of its revenue to the service of the world and not themselves. Its transparency and care for our privacy are on point too. Great job Ecosia team!!
- (2020-09-28) sam k: thanks friendlyjordies :^)
- (2020-09-26) julia rb: Uma excelente ideia!!
- (2020-09-26) Ashwin Kolhatkar: Can't recommend it enough! First of all, I'll talk about the search itself. the browsing experience has improved significantly, and search results are really good. Of course, it's no google, but the only reason the results are not as accurate as google in some cases, is because google uses tracking, whereas Ecosia doesn't. But this is not really a problem at all; Seeing my search count makes me feel good that I have helped plant trees that will empower communities that need it. Even if you don't mind being tracked, Ecosia searches are carbon negative! I'm a total fan of this search engine, and recommend it to everyone I can. I use it on my phone and desktop as the default search engine. And everyone who tried it out on my recommendation loves it too! :)
- (2020-09-17) Wickeur 59: Pareil que Google mais en mieux car on participe à l'écologie ! J'encourage les gens à l'installer, en plus c'est gratuit
- (2020-09-15) the funny nerve in your elbow: This is simply amazing I can plant trees only by searching getting used to it took only a day the only drawback I can see is that when you for example type 2*2 in google it shows you 4 but with ecosia you hav e to go on a site
- (2020-09-15) Iona Shrimpton: Tout simplement EXCELLENT!!! Mais vachement difficile à installer sur microsoft. On dirait qu'ils n'en veulent pas. Pas de conscience. Bravo ECOSIA, on vous ADORE !
- (2020-09-13) Saswot Lamichhane: The best search engine!!
- (2020-09-12) Eddie H: VIRUS ALERT. This search engine hi-jacked my web browser and installed itself without my permission and it won't let me change it from being the default or uninstall it.
- (2020-09-12) Sibella Mitchell: I love it! If you are as in love with the enviroment as I am then you need it to! I've been using it for about a year now!
- (2020-09-10) Jacob Bissell: Feels good to plant trees.
- (2020-10-29, v:3.3.0) Luis Antonio Borges: iNFORMAÇÃO
Ecosia em portugues.
- (2020-10-28, v:3.3.0) Harry Neil: Incognito windows on Brave browser
Whenever I open an incognito window and type something in the search bar, then press enter, the application fully quits.
- (2020-10-18, v:3.3.0) Whitney Lev: Appearing without permission
Why does this keep appearing in my default search engines without me manually putting it there? I have never heard of this before noticing it in my settings, so I can't imagine an honest reason that this would happen without my permission.
- (2020-09-29, v:3.3.0) Katharina Jockenhöfer: ecosia chrome extension doesn't fully work
nach hinzufügen der extension intsalliert sich die brwoserleitste nicht von ecosia. hier wird ein "erstatz" serach engine "seach marquis" gezeigt. über das ecosia icon im browser kann ich die wecosia website aufrufen, aber ich will ja ndie suchleiste nutzen. Kann es sein dass ich in den browsereinstellungen etwas blockiere, was die extension braucht? flash habe ich aktiviert, third party cookies auch…?
- (2020-09-06, v:3.3.0) Kim Boyd: Google calendar
How do I access the Google calendar from Ecosia on my pc?
- (2020-08-24, v:3.3.0) TIM Bong: Frontpage and No Files
1. I cannot download the Ecosia chrome extensions, there is no files. When I click download, he downloads a file that says - error. 2. Before, Ecosia was able to show a frontpage with all my most frequent visits, bookmarks, with a white background and a searchbar. The computer version doesn't have it, the phone does.
- (2020-08-15, v:3.3.0) Julie Droussin: Ecosia on Wordpress Blog
Hello, Is it possible to install Ecosia search to my Wordpress blog instead of the Google one ?
- (2020-07-21, v:3.3.0) reisende Karina: lässt sich nicht als Standardbrowser installieren
Mein Programm zeigt an, dass ich Ecosia auf meinem HP nicht als Browser einstellen kann. Auf dem Apple Handy war es problemlos möglich. Warum?
- (2020-07-21, v:3.3.0) Dario Luna Barrios: Favorites
Hello, recently my computer decomposed and in my favorites I had very important websites I used for school, do you know if there´s a way to recover them?? Thanks!!
- (2020-07-17, v:3.3.0) Pedro M.: A Requiem for an Extension
Chrome + Ecosia = no bueno! Which is Complainglish for "They aren't playing well together." Is there a fix? Or will this treason go unpunished? Maybe turn the '"development" [OFF] and back [ON] again?
- (2020-07-12, v:3.3.0) Elle Hartley Smith: Lack of consistancy
Hello, I add Ecosia to my Chrome web broser. But every time I log out and back in again it has forgotten this addition. I cannot simply stay logged in as I have a work account on the same computer. It does this with my work account as well. Please can you inform me where I'm going wrong! Thank you, Elle
- (2020-07-07, v:3.3.0) Hans Saw: A Local New Tab Page Photo
In newer versions of Chrome, anyone can just use a new tab photo that can be uploaded or that is suggested by Google. I do believe this feature should be included here to allow for more customization, while at the same time allowing people to search for the photo and set it as their new tab photo through the extension.
- (2020-06-20, v:3.3.0) Nirvana Morales: Not loading
Hi, tonight I have experienced some issues with ecosia. First of all, when i try to search something, it doesn't load. But if i click some page that is saved in my dashboard, it works okay. This also happens with the app. And the second and last problem is that when i try to go to your official website to report the problem or find a solution, it doesn't load. I hope everything is back to normal soon, i really love this searcher. Thank you and have a nice day.
- (2020-06-18, v:3.2.0) Cordelia Storm: Not working on chromebook - help!
Hi, I recently switched my laptop to a new chromebook, and I have Ecosia installed for chrome, but it's not redirecting my searches to ecosia (instead goes to google.com!) Help!
- (2020-06-11, v:3.2.0) Evgeniy Gribkov: error install
- (2020-06-09, v:3.2.0) clueless guy: help men
how do i download it i am using edge and i currently need to switch from chrome how does this work?
- (2020-06-08, v:3.2.0) Bob Hanson: How could we partner with you?
I am on the tree planting committee of an organization called SUSTAINABLE ROSSMOOR. We are looking for a partner where we can contribute to the cause with our time. I noted that you partner with various universities and think we could partner in the same way to get our management and residents to switch to Ecosia. We are a retirement community of about 10,000 homeowners. Please let me know who I should contact to discuss the possibilities. Bob Hanson (925) 934-1071 [email protected]
- (2020-05-20, v:3.2.0) Christine Sowden: New tab layout
I've been using Ecosia for a few years now and love it usually but a recent update has made me actually consider deleting the extension. On the new tab page, instead of the little square screenshots of frequently used/bookmarked pages, there were just these circles with the generic logos of the sites they are marking, which given they are often from the same website but of specific pages, it means they all look exactly the same and at a glance, I have no idea where a page I am looking for is, the previous version meant immediately being able to see exactly where each link would take me. I am also concerned by how this is a step back in accessibility for disabled users, screen readers were able to read the label for each link on the previous version, this version requires you to hover the courser over the icon to see the label. I appreciate what an amazing cause Ecosia focuses on and the wonderful work that is done by the team to keep it running to such an incredible degree, but I think this update was a mistake, it makes the homepage redundant, and unhelpful. Ease of access it the entire point of home pages and yet this makes it more difficult to access my favourite pages.
- (2020-05-11, v:3.2.0) Foster Lindsay: It says chrome://newtab instead of New Tab
So I have been using Ecosia for a while and I just noticed that today there was a new update available, so I updated. After it was done I noticed an immediate change, and, I like it. But... There is a small problem that bugs me. When you make a new tab it says "chrome://newtab" instead of the clean looking "New Tab". While this isn't groundbreaking or anything I would enjoy see an small update that fixes this. Or whatever else may be the problem. Here is a screenshot of what it was like before and after. (I have two google accounts so I only had updated one at the time). Thanks!
- (2020-05-10, v:3.2.0) G R: Notificaiton
Hi, I have Ecosia installed on Edge, yet every time I visit the website, it tells me to install it. Can you please fix this?
- (2020-05-05, v:3.1.2) Shannon Extra: people
you might need more people to plant enough trees to replace the ones we cut down
- (2020-05-05, v:3.1.2) Shannon Extra: people
you might need more people to plant enough trees to replace the ones we cut down
- (2020-05-05, v:3.1.2) Shannon Extra: trees
You could plant 2 trees for every search instead of 1
- (2020-05-05, v:3.1.2) Shannon Extra: I love ecosia.
where are the trees needed most
- (2020-04-17, v:3.1.2) luis gomes ribeiro: ecosia
comment installer ecosia sur windows 10pc fixe