Regain control of the web and surf more securely.
v18.104.22.168 - Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - Added ability to temporarily disable ScriptSafe for a set time via the panel (useful if buying something online) - Added ability to selectively allow Browser Plugins Enumeration - Added ability to randomize user agents: on every request or every x minutes - Minor panel tweaks - Minor user agent fix - Updated unwanted content providers list =============================== Past Releases: See complete changelog here: https://www.andryou.com/scriptsafe/changelog/ ===================== Bug reports/downloads/support: https://github.com/andryou/scriptsafe An extension that gives users control of the web and more secure browsing while emphasizing simplicity and intuitiveness: -whitelisting/blacklisting functionality and granular control -protection against fingerprinting (e.g. canvas) -protect against WebRTC leaks -automatic auto-syncing of settings AND whitelist/blacklists across your devices (via Google Sync) -actually speeds up browsing because it blocks a lot of unwanted content from being downloaded -remove <SCRIPT>, <OBJECT>, <EMBED>, <IFRAME>, <FRAME>, <APPLET>, <AUDIO>, <VIDEO>, <NOSCRIPT>, and <IMG> elements, as well as webbugs -block unwanted content (MVPS HOSTS, hpHOSTS (ad / tracking servers only), Peter Lowe's HOSTS Project, MalwareDomainList.com, and DNS-BH – Malware Domain Blocklist are integrated!) -block click-through referrer data -spoof referrer/user-agent/timezone data -block unwanted cookies -"intuitive" icon that changes based on whether or not a page is whitelisted/blacklisted/bypassed -shows number of blocked/removed items in toolbar -shows blocked/allowed items in tab details popup (along with item type) -bulk import domains into whitelist and blacklist -option to temporarily allow a page/temporarily allow all blocked items -choose the default mode (Block All or Allow All) -option to preserve same-domain elements -option to disable automatic refresh of pages after whitelisting/blacklisting/temp. bypassing a page -support for IPv6 addresses If you like this extension, please support me by going to the Options page and clicking on the heart! Enjoy :) If you are bilingual/multilingual (english + other language), and are interested in helping translate ScriptSafe, please see: https://www.andryou.com/scriptsafe/translate/ -Andrew Y. (creator of Decreased Productivity for Chrome)
- (2020-07-16) Rosita Alvarez: Muchas veces reviso algunas app y esta sí cumple su Objetivo de controlar mientras se Navega. Gracias
- (2020-07-13) Fabbri Eric: jai aime cete vercion
- (2020-07-05) 曹玮: 学习者
- (2020-04-14) mossaybo: Very helpful , can do many things (used it for ad blocking , user agent spoofing ..)
- (2020-04-11) Andreas Putra: goods
- (2020-04-03) Tim Provant: Would be nice if the most common URL's/domains would be categorized so you can more easily decide if they are trustworthy or not
- (2020-02-26) Александр Брюндтзвельт: Block youtube comments and likes sections, even if avarything is whitelisted!
- (2020-01-27) Angie Fuentes: im soooo happy
- (2020-01-22) JON Cunningham: This for me is working wonders when it comes to blocking WebTRC. Especially w firefox after about config is set correctly. It also helps in Chrome. This does what it can without breaking sites. So much better than no script which i had to constantly mess with. Love this script blocker! It does an amazing job. I cannot figure out why some think this must block everything? It is doing what it is intended to do.
- (2020-01-04) NoName_3031: 这是好的
- (2019-11-23) abc def: with the latest chromium updates, chrome hangs sometimes when playing video, followed by a complete freeze of the computer
- (2019-10-23) Jimy vicente sanchez: excelente, al principio cuesta entenderla y configurarla, pero poco a poco viendo que que bloquea de una pagina y que no aprendes,es la mas completa en cuanto a su tipo y acelera notablemente la carga de paginas
- (2019-10-23) bernard langham: Just recently it has been causing Google Remote Desktop (the web app version) to fail to connect even if all items (remotedesktop.google.com, apis.google.com, and gstatic.com) are marked Allow and/or Trust. The only solution is to completely disable ScriptSafe
- (2019-08-29) Roberto Graeff: Excelente para bloquear! Só não recomendo para usuários comuns, se não entender como funciona não vai abrir quase nada!
- (2019-08-25) The Boomie: If you want to surf securely and get rid of annoying or +18 ads, this extension is the solution. Block anything you want without Adblock Detectors. You don't block the ad, you block the domain where the ad comes from, that's why Adblock Detectors can't detect what are you doing. Such an amazing program that saved my life. Thanks to creators.
- (2019-08-24) Florian Posch: It works like a charm, can't blame the extension for its technical approach in blocking scripts by URL, so with modern platforms like Facebook and Twitter running their infrastructure on many different subdomains, you'll have a hard time getting these sites set up initially. Don't see any notable performance impact on modern hardware, the big problem is that the project remains unmaintained since 2018 and the biggest limitation is that syncing via Google account doesn't work when the white/blacklist file gets too big - then you have to export and re-import manually, i.e. by storing in the cloud. However, this might be practical for setting up new devices but not keeping them in sync. You'll always miss one entry you already have at the other device, unless you really start to merge the files which I doubt any average user will do - by the way, my "big" blacklist files has 28 kilobytes which can only be a problem if Bill Gates would have had been right on that 384k thing back in the day...
- (2019-07-21) Flippy Disk: Die schlechten Bewertungen sind mir ziemlich unerklärlich. Für mich funktioniert diese Extension einwandfrei. Viele Seiten komplett geblockt und kann ganz entspannt das zulassen was man braucht. Klar, dass kann sehr umständlich werden, wenn dauernd neue Scripts aufzeigt werden aber am Ende lohnt es sich.
- (2019-06-30) 李威仔: 好用。必须5星好评。
- (2019-06-28) Cupricus Salendrough: Extension does not block content on first load in Chrome/Chromium. After the extension is passed the web content (it pops in on the page then gets blocked afterwards) it will pass it though the ruleset. Could be a glitch, but I noticed it the most on weather.com. The extension also needs script specific blocking with heuristics and signatures so I can select which scripts from what domain are loaded. My previous belief was that this was adequate to block zero-day exploits against webkit and renderer exploits or some other bloatware feature of the browser, but it is not.
- (2019-06-05) Bryon Bowman: Excellent product that makes browsing so much safer but it takes some setup.
- (2019-05-25) Daan: Great for blocking annoying scripts. However, I miss shortcut function whereby I could press a certain key combination on my keyboard to toggle on/off.
- (2019-04-18) Uwe G: PERFEKT!!!
- (2019-03-02) Blockiert zu viel und ist umständlich zu bedienen um die Sachen freizugeben oder zu blocken. Wird wieder deinstalliert.
- (2019-02-27) Watchik Grigorjan: Perfect
- (2019-02-13) Monique Aguiar: ele bloqueia tudo. nao consegui abrir e-mail pq bloqueou, videos do youtube pq bloqueou. enfim, ele bloqueia tudo. as opções de botões são em Inglês,.não recomendo.