NCapture for NVivo
From qsrinternational.com NCapture is a free web-browser extension that allows you to quickly and easily capture content like web pages, online PDFs, Twitter tweets, and Facebook posts for import into: • The latest release of NVivo – Windows and NVivo – Mac* (released in March 2020) • NVivo 12 for Windows (Pro and Plus) and NVivo 12 for Mac* • NVivo 11 for Windows (Pro and Plus) and NVivo 11 Mac* • NVivo 10 for Windows and NVivo 10.1 (and onwards) for Mac** *YouTube videos or comments can’t be imported as datasets, these need to be captured as PDFs. ** NVivo 10.1 (and onwards) for Mac doesn’t support Facebook or Twitter content captured as datasets, these can be captured as PDFs instead. NCapture allows you to capture: • Web pages and online PDFs • Facebook wall posts and comments • Tweets from Twitter including particular words, phrases or hashtags, or Tweets by a particular user • YouTube videos and comments Learn more about NCapture More information about NCapture can be found in NVivo Help under below urls: NVivo - Windows: https://help-nv.qsrinternational.com/20/win/Content/ncapture/ncapture.htm NVivo - Mac: https://help-nv.qsrinternational.com/20/mac/Content/ncapture/ncapture.htm About NVivo NVivo helps qualitative and mixed methods researchers unlock insights in their data with powerful analysis. NVivo provides a place to organize, store and analyze data, allowing researchers to ask complex questions of data to identify themes and draw clear conclusions. Find out more about NVivo, or download a free 14 day trial, at www.nvivobyqsr.com.
- (2020-07-29) Indriati nurul: good..
- (2020-07-15) Ieva Hofmane: Great idea, but doesn't work that great. Graphics and other elements of majority of pages it captures are scrambled, with text, comments, images overlapping it is impossible to read or use on Nvivo. Also I struggled to find any helpful info around this matter.
- (2020-01-10) Polly Cegielski: I like the idea and when it works it's great but unfortunately it only 'captures' about a quarter of the documents I'm trying to save to use in Nvivo. It will start the capture process but most of the time I get a big red x that it wasn't successful. It doesn't give me any reason why or things to try to get it to work. Not impressed.
- (2019-04-17) Bernard Roper: Not working properly on Mac OS. It pretends to download PDFs but these don't show up for import. I can see the capture file in my downloads, but it's greyed out. Wasted valuable time on this...
- (2018-08-24) Ismael Rios: no me sirve
- (2018-04-14) edniel maratas: This is very helpful i liked it so much.
- (2017-06-07) Tom Mason: Awesome tool. I love it
- (2017-05-10) Joel Neftali Lima O.: Buena
- (2016-08-26) Atul Singh Chauhan: I require to capture facebook pages. I captured using NCapture ('post as dataset' option) and am using NVivo at my institute. Reply to comment for a post are not linked with the post id, which they should be. Kindly take the relevant action
- (2016-06-18) Tim Budge: Another piece of clunky software from QSR. At least is doesn't seem to crash as much as NVivo. But why not tell us clearly where the pdf files get downloaded - or give us some choice about where to save them. I wish someone would develop a better package than NVivo
- (2016-03-27) Tristan Smyth: Works great. Especially amazing with Facebook's API. Unbelievably convenient if you have access to NVIVO software.
- (2015-01-06) Adam Boulton: A bit clunky, but contrary to the others here, it works fine for me. The option to format web pages as articles is very helpful.
- (2014-05-26) Great idea but doesn't work on a mac. Capture just spins and spins. Tried uninstalling from Chrome, reinstalling. No success. Just wasted 2 hours trying to find a solution.
- (2014-05-18) Ronan Glennon: This does not work. When I click 'Capture' in the popup, nothing happens. If I click 'Show capture progress page' the pages shows that the captures are 'In Progress' with spinning flowers, but never completes. You are forcing me to using IE, which complicates the workflow, and is also uncool.
- (2014-04-01) Ernani Saraiva: Algumas vezes nao funciona
- (2013-07-28) Jane Callaghan: It's a good idea. But I installed it on one pc, linked to my chrome account. It's become almost impossible to install it on another one. I follow the link to the listing for it in chrome, and it says it's already installed on PC2. I go to 'my apps' and it isn't there. So I'm in limbo....
- (2015-08-24, v:22.214.171.124) Hamidreza Shahbaznezhad: Updating
Hi there, I have updated my Nvivo. How can I update my Ncapture? another question: My Nvivo doesnt allow me to open .nvcx How can I transform it to "*.nvp" or "*.qda" or "*.xml"? Cheers
- (2015-07-24, v:126.96.36.199) Nell Haynes: dataset not available
I need to download Facebook pages/posts as datasets and Capture only gives me an option between "Webpage as PDF" or "Article as PDF." How do I find dataset as an option?
- (2015-07-06, v:188.8.131.52) Elodie Crvl: I can't install it
And i don't know why !
- (2015-06-03, v:184.108.40.206) Cant install it
Can not install the addon.
- (2015-05-21, v:220.127.116.11) Liu Yang: can only capture into pdf
i can only capture the web into pdf, for twitter, facebook...all only can be transfered into pdf, hope to know how to deal with it.
- (2015-03-31, v:18.104.22.168) Yu-Chun Lin: Can you capture Chinese webpage?
Hi, can you search in Chinese? I would like to add code at notes in Chinese, and the results seem to be irrelevant. Thank you.
- (2015-03-21, v:22.214.171.124) Jessica Mecellem: Ncapture on mac
I am able to "capture" the web page but then when I go to open it through the ncapture button i can see the file there but it is not available for me to click.
- (2015-02-20, v:126.96.36.199) Claudia Fracchiolla: Not working
I tried to use NCapture with Chrome from a YouTube video and what it did was safe a text file. Did not go into Nvivo. The text file is actually extension nvcx. But if I try to open it with Nvivo it does not work
- (2014-03-17, v:188.8.131.52) Anthony Bone: Does not save correctly
When it captures a web page etc in Chrome it does not put it in the correct location i.e. My Documents under the NCapurue directory - which it does in Windows Explorer. IT save the captured file to Downloads
- (2013-07-31, v:184.108.40.206) Oscar Alvarez: NCapture Update version
QSR International released today a new version of NCapture. There is one for Chrome and another for IE. The one from IE was very simply to update. The same feature for Chrome is confusing. It is unclear what the installed version is, whether or not it is updated and how to do so. In addition, it has different layout and features than the one in IE. It is very confusing what the reason for such inconsistency is.