Content Server Browser Web Extension for Chrome
The OpenText Content Server Browser Web Extension helps you perform a variety of tasks when accessing Content Server web interface through Chrome. This extension gives you access to functionality provided by Content Server desktop components.
- (2023-07-24) Johann Mas Fernandez A.: No me abree
- (2022-04-25) Gerald O: This Google chrome extension from OpenText did not work correctly and messed up my computer. I would not recommend it at all.
- (2022-03-04) Martin: Content Server Web Browser Extension: not applicable content.js:94 for href='our URL' content Server version is "Content Server 20.2, build 188.8.131.528' any solution for this?
- (2022-02-16) Mark Morawski: Junk software from a junk company......
- (2021-07-14) Denise Yuri Shitara: Does not work, showing error: "Content Server Browser WebExtension: Configuration Error; OfficeEditor Application Extension is not installed or is configured incorrectly (code=6)"
- (2021-04-07) Mustafa Aslanov: doesn't work.
- (2020-09-18) Dean Vieira: Same problem now, support suggests using IE, but chrome is the default browser for obvious reasons Getting an error whenever I try to direct edit now. Was working fine for months. "Direct editing requires an upgrade to the latest Office Editor client." I would have thought this extension would stay up to date
- (2020-09-11) Angel Olague: No abre alguien sabe como solucionarlo
- (2020-08-19) I noticed this extension gets to see all your site history. I'm not sure why I have this extension. The option for turning this off in 'Incognito mode' seems to be set to No by default, but I'm not sure if I might have turned that to No in the past from having read it wrong when poking around my computer. There isn't a switch to turn off the site history for regular non incognito mode, and I don't see a privacy statement on the settings page that explains what OpenText is doing with this data, why its necessary in the provision of this extension's services, if its only OpenText or if our OpenText system admin's within our organization can see this as opposed to the regular information technology support staff. There needs to be an opt-out for this, and it may require official Union agreement if it conflicts with our current organization's reasonable use policy on the internet.
- (2019-11-14) Cory S: Plugin needs to be enabled then disabled constantly to work otherwise documents are just downloaded. Buggy needs an update GUYS!! come on. Or just avoid the smart view then its fine.
- (2018-11-30) Aymen Turki: Installed without my consent and I don't know how!!
- (2018-08-30) Thomas Wright: Getting an error whenever I try to direct edit now. Was working fine for months. "Direct editing requires an upgrade to the latest Office Editor client." I would have thought this extension would stay up to date
- (2018-04-11) Keith Wyland: Is there a reason this extension loads scripts on every web page load regardless of OpenText or not, and then it logs messages in the dev tools console every time?
- (2017-06-07) Catalina Araneda Mejías: no abre
- (2016-10-27) Michal Kujawa: i'm running this extension with chrome v54.0.2840.71, while trying to edit a document from CS directly, an erros is shown: This action requires Content Server - Office Editor Launcher add-on, which appears to be missing or disabled. Please install OpenText Office Editor client manually and restart your browser. You can download it using the following link: Download 64-bit version