Allows students to see rubric alert and button in Google Docs editor
Rubric-based assessment is designed to guide student learning and revision, and rubrics work best as an instructional tool when students are aware of their criteria while they are working, engaging with them regularly as a form of self-assessment and peer-assessment. That's why Goobric for Students provides a popup reminder and a button in the Google Docs editor designed to encourage students to review the teacher's scoring rubric as they are creating or revising an assignment. Features: - Works (only) alongside the Doctopus Add-on for Google Sheets. - Popup reminder that a rubric is linked to the assignment whenever the document is opened. - Teacher can elect to enable peer and self-assessment mode via Doctopus, allowing any student with view rights on the doc to submit comments and rubric scores. - Student authors of doc can see full self/peer assessment history. - Teacher gets link to Goobric Web App for teachers. Meant for use by students whose teachers are using the Doctopus Add-on for Sheets. Can only be used with assignments distributed by Doctopus or Google Classroom. *Note: The rubric button does not provide student with access to rubric scores submitted via the Goobric for Teachers Web App.
- (2020-11-06) caz: as a student this would never work as soon as soon as I turned in a Google Docs nothing no pop up...
- (2020-09-17) polar end tom: i am a student and this sucked
- (2020-09-17) Manon Segalowitch: i am student
- (2020-04-07) jsummerspear: It really needs to work on it's bugs.
- (2019-08-21) Jackson Jolley: It does not even let me in to it and it makes me really sad.
- (2019-07-05) maize jasmien carreon: this is so amazing i will take this hahahaha
- (2018-05-20) Isaac Oh: Worked once and never worked
- (2017-08-17) Rebecca Kreidler: I've tried it previously. It doesn't seem to be associated with the students' chrome address so we have to add it repeatedly. It just doesn't do what I want yet. While simply functional works for teachers, it's not engaging for kids.
- (2016-11-14) Andriy Demydiv: Its good.
- (2016-10-11) Joshua Moore: Awesome when it works, but I have a handful of students that it's not working for.
- (2016-03-21) Elizabeth: Comes up on my friends computer, but never comes up on mine, even though it was enabled. Even my tech teacher didn't understand. But it was pretty good when it did come up occasionally.
- (2016-02-01) Vukile D. Mgijima: My class is definitely going paperless with Goobric.
- (2016-02-01) Jake Read: This is an amazing compliment to Goobric and Doctopus. Use it.
- (2020-03-11, v:1.1.9) Charles Rosentel: Rubric with varying points / Doctopus before submission
I have a rubric I'd like to use, but I'm not sure it's possible with Goobric since three rows are out of 25 points, one row is out of 15 points, and one row is out of 10 points. Here's the rubric: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oUmesGjxMM8WpUkZLTbkS3pbbLw5e9ql&[email protected]&usp=drive_fs. Is there a way to have Goobric recognize these varying point values? Also, am I able to have Doctopus apply the rubric to the assignment before any students submit, or must I wait for the first student to submit their assignment to apply the rubric? Thanks. Charles
- (2020-02-27, v:1.1.9) Jason Lee: Students not seeing Goobric
So has the issue of students not seeing Goobric been addressed?
- (2020-01-23, v:1.1.9) Anthony Johnson-Hill: math
no more math
- (2019-12-13, v:1.1.9) Amanda Little: Works for one group of students but not another
I have been happily using Doctopus and Goobric for the last couple of years for my students. This year has ran very smoothly with my seniors. I have had zero issues with the Goobric attaching and working for both me and my students. However, today, I tried using it with a new group of students, and the Goobric will not attach on the student's end. I had several of my students check, and there is nothing to indicate that the Goobric is available from their side. No popup when opening the document nor "Authorize Goobric"/"Assess Doc" button at the top. However, it seems to be working perfectly fine on my end. I even tried to scrap my original spreadsheets and start over with new ones, and it still did not work. The only box I unchecked when I attached the Goobric was the "notify students via email" box. I made sure that both the "Students can view" and "Students can asses self/peers" was checked. I also tried "changing" the Goobric and reattaching it. I also checked to make sure that the Chrome extension was added for the students, and it is. Can you please advise? Thank you, Amanda Little
- (2019-12-13, v:1.1.9) Audrey Thurber - NGM Faculty: Students Can't See the Rubric
Hello, My students are not able to see the rubric I have attached to an assignment through Goobric. They've downloaded Goobric 4 Students and there's a rubric attached, but the "Assess this Doc" pop up and button never comes up. Thanks.
- (2019-12-06, v:1.1.9) Ms. Sullivan: Rubric with multiple point scales
I'm working with a rubric that has two sets of point values - Rows A-D can get 12-20 points and rows E-F can get 7-10 points. Is there a way Goobric can handle this?
- (2019-12-02, v:1.1.9) Kayla Huang: Problem
My Goobric for Students isn't working even though there's a rubric for this assignment
- (2019-10-08, v:1.1.9) Michelle Best: Student Goobric
Good afternoon, I'm sure you have already heard, but my students are unable to activate Goobric on their computers. It downloads but will not run. Is there an update? l'd greatly appreciate a reply. Thank you for our time.
- (2019-09-19, v:1.1.9) Ion SKALAMERA: Goobric for Student not working
My teacher has attached goobrics to all of our documents but we dont have the assess the doc button although we shared with edit rights
- (2019-09-18, v:1.1.9) Tymica Wright: Goobric for students
My students have downloaded the extension for Chrome. I have the spreadsheet with their names and assignments on it. However, there is not a section for students to view the rubric. I have tried having them refresh their screen, log off and on, and even power off their computers. They can see the icon in the web browser corner, but the "authorize Goobric" button in their doc is not there. Can you help?
- (2019-02-22, v:1.1.9) Tim Kenyon: Students not able to see goobric
I set an assignment up with Doctopus, ingested it, attached a goobric. I have asked my students to add Goobric for Students, but they are not yet able to see the rubric for the assignment. They do not have the button to assess this document. Are there any additional steps? Do I need to refresh the assignment? Do I need to set up the assignment again AFTER they've added the extension?
- (2018-11-08, v:1.1.9) Jim Wang: Update needed?
I use Goobric with Doctopus to collect and grade recorded music playing test. Always worked great, but I've noticed sometime between Tuesday and today that it's been having issues contacting google drive to retrieve the video file, and toady after grading a few it's stopped working altogether and giving me the spinning wheel of death. I can still access the video via the link on the upper right hand but I need it to work under the rubric. Any updates will be appreciated!
- (2018-10-09, v:1.1.9) Learner #3: Ability for Students to View Peer Assessment rubric
It would be great if students could see the feedback given to them by other students on the rubric. I know the teacher can see this in a separate tab on the Sheet, but it doesn't really help the students.
- (2018-05-02, v:1.1.9) Goobric for Students
Okay, I can't get this to work right, what am I doing wrong? I myself am already using Goobric and Doctopus. My students added Goobric for Students extension to chrome. When they opened and assignment it asked if they wanted to authorize goobric, they went through and allowed the permissions, but they still can't see the rubric. Do they need something else?
- (2018-02-21, v:1.1.9) Rachell Green: Not Authorized
My students have 1-to-1 Chromebooks. When I tried have them to authorize it, it was declared unsafe. For some students I could circumvent this problem; for others, it remains unsafe. Is there a fix for this?
- (2018-02-21, v:1.1.9) its bad
i doesnt work
- (2018-02-05, v:1.1.9) :)
Its Not Working Help Please