Read websites in the language you're learning, translate words you don't know, and we'll create flashcards to help you remember.
Learn a language while surfing the web! Visit articles in the language you're learning. Use Readlang to translate the words and phrases you don't understand. And we'll create flashcards and vocab lists for you. - Visit a webpage* in the language you are learning. - Click "R" to open Readlang. - Click on any word, or drag across any phrase to translate. Supercharge your language learning! Featured on Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/readlang-helps-you-learn-a-foreign-language-as-you-surf-1697991769
- (2023-08-16) Felix: Best tool ever regarding language learning. Phenomenal!!! At the same time you can translate words and create cards in the web. Later learn them. Import/export possible. At the website you can also learn with texts or even musicvideos. This replaces basically everything I have used before, no Duocards or LWT necessary anymore.
- (2023-05-30) William Zhao: You should add support to word boundary detection otherwise it is impossible to learn Japanese. It's a well-researched problem in NLP so you should have no challenge finding pretrained models. Then you can stream the text to the readers for speed. I am paying customer but currently doesn't find this service useful. I will give 5 stars when this issue is fixed.
- (2023-05-16) NéeNée Nichelle: Broken, You can't select words from outside websites as it selects and imports each letter separately. Also those letters appear in the word list and can't be deleted. Importing articles seems to work and I can select words on already imported articles but I don't want random letters in my word list. I can't learn that way. Nice idea though...
- (2023-03-20) Michael: Why do you require third party cookies? It is very wrong. I also use 3 ad blockers, since I hate trackers and all those malicious things they do. None of the other plugin require such cookie enabling. You should do something to end this rule, I am sure it is not necessary. The plugin is amazing. I also have Language Reactor which works the same way, however its word-save feature is not free. But it is the best for video subtitles.
- (2023-02-11) Chloe Boucherat: Helpful!
- (2022-12-15) Jay Edgar: Amazing! First, the translations seem really great. I tried single-word translations, but when piecing the words together, it didn't make sense. However, translating a phrase outputs a translation that takes the context into account. If it were just the translation, that would be great, but readlang then takes the words and phrases you translate and puts them into a flashcard program! This blows me away. Finally, the content available, including videos with synced text, is really, really valuable. I'm so impressed by this program!
- (2022-08-30) Υπατία της Αλεξάνδρειας: Brilliant!
- (2022-06-26) Andrea Gamarra: Es una excelente extensión. Me ha permitido mejorar mi inglés. Tiene cosas por mejorar: 1. Qué uno pueda escoger entre varias palabras, muchas veces la traducción es errónea porque las palabras varían según el contexto. 2. Que al menos se puede traducir dos palabras seguidas, existen palabras compuestas
- (2022-04-12) laney: i just want to say that i hope this extension will never get removed. i learned so much new vocobulary with this i have vocobulary lists( very long ones) of three lanaguges saved with this extension, it's just so easy to use it's honestly a lifesaver. to the creators of this exetension, we appreciate your hard work of creating something truly helpful and great. i'd say it's one of my most important extenstions for my langauge learning. keep up the good work :)
- (2022-03-25) Julio A.: Great Work!!!
- (2021-12-08) Kathryn: Находка!
- (2021-12-05) ASina: Brilliant idea you had guys. Thank you a lot, its way easier to read something in target language now, because you dont have to go for another tab and write the word and wait for it. You just click for the word and it directly gives you that translation of it in your main language. Really useful .
- (2021-09-04) Oliwia Karsznia: Exactly what I've been looking for. I find it really helpful to check back with the original context while studying the flashcards. Definitely would recommend!!!
- (2021-08-15) Atakan Deniz: tüm bir siteye çeviri yapmasının yanı sıra bir sitedeki kelimelerin üzerine gelip tek bir tıkla çeviri imkanı yapmanızı da sağlıyor, çevirisini yaptığınız kelimeleri kütüphaneye ekliyor, bu sayede bilmediğiniz kelimeleri kaydettiği kütüphanesinden bulup kalıcı olarak öğrenmek için mükemmel bir kolaylık sağlıyor.
- (2021-08-02) Zoran M: Google Translate seems to do more nowadays, and it works across all devices. Why not use everything that GT does and then build on it?
- (2021-07-28) cloud Smith: 简单好用，点击翻译就显示在英文上面，另外会将生词保存成一个列表，供后续查看
- (2021-06-07) Emily S: Initially worked really well but now I get an error on most pages :(
- (2021-06-06) Şahin Can Özaltun: Great. Thx a lot. You are my hero :)
- (2021-05-30) K.: Es genial
- (2021-04-28) Julie Michaud: This is such a fantastic app. Learning new words and phrases has never been easier. Many thanks to the developer!
- (2021-03-17) Etu: Oh my God! Unbelievable. I can't explain how much I love it. Much love to creators.
- (2021-02-27) aia net: Thank you! It is good and helps me to learn German
- (2021-01-17) no it's nada: Simple and does what it's supposed to do. I really like this. I'll give it 5 stars if the Arabic dictionary gets improved, because it translates to Arabic literally and sometimes with grammatical errors. Other than that, it's an amazing extension!
- (2021-01-13) kathleen silva: it's amazing
- (2021-01-03) Janah Liyah: Tried using it on facebook and the extension didnt open so did the website my wifi is completely fine sorry but 2 stars
- (2020-12-28) Seiko Nguyen: good job. thank you
- (2020-12-10) Mamo 82: love it !
- (2020-10-30) Alessia Ricciardelli: I think that this is one of the most useful Chrome extentions for those who're learning languages and to have a flowery vocabulary. I am just giving 4 stars because I would like to have a multiple choice in target language.
- (2020-09-09) SlaruKlo: Amazing tool to quickly look up words and learn them later!
- (2020-08-23) William Fanning: For me the the extension does not work on news headline sites (Google News, Yahoo homepage). I understand how it could be amazing reading the headlines each day is how I consume news so it can't really help at all. Weird that it is a Google Chrome extension that can't work on the Google News website
- (2020-08-16) Eloïsa B: Can't seem to make it work. It assks to enable third-party data storage but after searching for an hour how I could do that, I gave up. Pity, as it's exactly what I was looking for...
- (2020-08-10) perunas86: Poor and quite useless extension. Translation is wrong very often when the word has several meanings and you can't do anything with that. You can't save other meanings to flashcard like in other similar extensions.
- (2020-07-20) K leo: Doesn't work on Brave. Asks to allow third-party data storage, but I find no such setting in the browser.
- (2020-03-03) Jan Mróz: Super przydatna.
- (2020-02-20) Xiaosong YU: Sadly, the Chrome Extender runs especially slow at some sites :(
- (2019-11-17) Elizabeth Guinot Bordini: This would have been a a wonderful tool, if it worked with Android phones. Once you download it and try to install it, it slows down, goes on for ages. So you just close the app and give up. Can be used on tablets and computers but most definitely not on phones anymore. Pity.
- (2019-11-15) P N: I didn't find any replacement for it :( Excellent, mais ça c'était avant. Maintenant cet outil n'est plus maintenu, et va bientôt s'arrêter!
- (2019-10-31) Rey C: Impresionante, me ayuda mucho en el día a día tanto a traducir como a llevar un inventario de las palabras que no he aprendido
- (2019-07-09) Stasy Daisy: Wonderful app! I'm just begging you to make access to online pdf files (I have scripts there)!
- (2019-07-05) Paul Chauveau: I cannot sign in with google
- (2019-06-03) Leonardo Gonzales: Really good extension. I hope it will have more languages as alpha version soon.
- (2019-05-21) Arek Tkaczyk: Najlepsza aplikacja do nauki języków. Super darmowa wersja i bardzo tania wersja pro gdy chce się dostać odrobinę większe przywileje. Dziękuje bardzo za możliwość samodoskonalenia w tak wspaniały sposób.
- (2019-05-16) Omars: constantly crashing, doesn't work
- (2019-03-20) VERY NICE
- (2019-03-13) roger chen: it's really useful.
- (2019-01-13) Cory: It is impossible to stay logged in. I've checked the reviews and saw others had similar problems. the advice given to correct this does work. the second you try to translate a phrase, you are logged out.
- (2018-12-30) Lauren Jatana Vathje: I spent the last 4 days imagining all I want in a language learning app that could help me capture new words from a foreign language ebook. After some runarounds with other awesome apps that don't support russian, or other apps that are only web extensions (that do not work with ebooks) - it turns out that exactly what I'm looking for exists with ReadLang!!! It was a challenge to get my ebook (I pay for my books on google) to an EPUB format, without DRM - but after that - I am in heaven. Not only am I able to translate new words while reading (which I can do well in google play app), but I am also able to capture the list of words and be tested on them!! I'm so excited and I can't believe how long it took me to find out about ReadLang. And the price is right for the app, and I appreciate that I can use it for my purposes.
- (2018-09-08) Reza A: My first impression is that I like it, but unfortunately, every time I click on a word it asks me to sign in again. I tried oauth sign-in and normal user-password sigin-in. It doesn't matter I sign in and it shows my avatar but the next word that I click it asks me again to sign in. Interestingly when I use the extension it also signs me out from https://readlang.com/ Could you please fix this?
- (2018-08-22) Ning Cao: Good
- (2018-05-24) Paulo Romério Lima Vieira: excelente.
- (2022-02-03, v:0.6.3) yury santos: the extension doesn't work on the pages I reed
hello, I have added the extension to my google chrome but doesn't work on the pages I was trying to read. I clicked "R" but nothing happens...Can you suggest something about it? Thanks
- (2021-09-09, v:0.6.3) Richard Lowe: It's not working with BBC mundo
For some reason your extension isn't working with the site that I want to use most. It's the following website: https://www.bbc.com/mundo Please advise, Regards, Richard
- (2020-03-12, v:0.6.2) Tayfun Geçim: Login Problem
I am a premium member and I am having problems logging in. I can only log in to the ReadLang website about section. It doesn't work on any other site. I contacted, but I did not get an answer.
- (2020-03-05, v:0.6.2) Joshua Tan: Extension can't log in
No matter how many times I try to log in using my Google OAuth, I am still stuck as a Guest. Can't save any words like this.
- (2019-12-29, v:0.6.2) Ella McC: HOW? Your directions mention nothing about this
" Please enable third party data storage in your browser settings before using the Readlang Web Reader" I've installed many extensions on chrome, but I have no clue where I might find this setting. Can you maybe POST IT WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE WEB READER?
- (2019-09-20, v:0.6.2) Carl Nayee: Won't load web reader
Receive this message on every page: "Sorry but there's a problem loading the Readlang Web Reader on this website."
- (2019-06-05, v:0.6.2) Captain John Izmirlian: Does this app support Armenian language? thank you,
Does this app support Armenian language? thank you.
- (2018-10-25, v:0.6.2) Valeria Cucinotta: how does it work?
Can I ask a question pleas? I've added the extension to my google chrome but I don't understand how it workes on the pages I reed. I clicked "R" but nothing happens... Thank you for attention
- (2018-08-21, v:0.6.2) Elena Martí: Delete
How can I delete it from my chrome please??
- (2018-08-21, v:0.6.2) Kate Blevins: pdf files
does it work with pdf
- (2018-03-05, v:0.6.2) Wayne Smallman: Problem loading Readlang Reader
So far I've not found a single web page that works with this extension: "Problem loading Readlang Reader..."
- (2018-01-16, v:0.6.2) Activate readlang via shortcut
Great work on readlang, Steve. I am currently missing the feature to activate readlang web reader via shortcut. See the transover extension which I am using at the moment - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/transover/aggiiclaiamajehmlfpkjmlbadmkledi
- (2017-10-27, v:0.6.2) hawxna
kus akhtak ya akhu hgkahbee
- (2017-09-05, v:0.6.2) Francisco Ramírez: shorcode
Hi, Is there keyword shorcode to display readlang extension ready instead of push the icon of Readlnag. Thank you
- (2017-05-24, v:0.6.2) James Whayman: Live reload support
I'd like to have the ability to reload the extension without refreshing the page. I use Google Docs to translate texts, as I can make notes and save texts to my Drive. Unfortunately, when I edit existing texts or add new texts, the extension doesn't parse the modified/new texts and I need to refresh the page in order to use the extension again.