Surf the web and understand every biological text you read. Words you might not know yet are red, click them and start learning!
This extension highlights all the complicated words from Biology - one click away you find a short definition, videos and images explaining you everything you need to know. Synthetic Biology is on the verge to become the central industry of the 21 century - as mechanical engineers, software architects, designers and business experts team up with molecular biologists in order to create novel organisms such as yeast and bacteria that are capable of turning sugar into fuels, rose oil or milk. The possibilities are endless, but the vision is clear: Create a world without disease, hunger and energy problems. Be part of it and begin by learning the language of biology on the fly! Made with love by www.synbio.info
- (2022-10-12) Polina Horkava: Doesn't work...
- (2016-02-15) Philip Prestele: Wow! absolut genial!! :)
- (2016-01-31) Katrina: I think this is a great idea, but I think the definitions that pop up are for those that are already at a higher level. I was thinking of using this with my biology students, but they are low level readers. Perhaps leveling options could be incorporated. And like Shelly said, an option to click on words that are not highlighted...good luck!
- (2016-01-04) Marco Müller: I already learned 59 words. Finally I understand what those scientists are writing about. Thanks a lot. Awesome tool!!
- (2015-12-27) Shelly Teng: The idea is very novel and extremely helpful. I think it's well tailored towards both people who have extensive knowledge in the sciences, as well as those who just have a baseline understanding of some of these terms and would like to delve into more complicated scientific literature. One thing I would like to see developed is a feature that allows users to suggest terms that aren't already underlined. Overall a great extension!
- (2016-08-14, v:0.9.1) function
this only links to the extension page. it won't open. is there a problem> what can i do to get it to work
- (2016-01-16, v:0.6) Jérôme Lutz: test
was geht ab?