Read websites in the language you're learning, translate words you don't know, and we'll create flashcards to help you remember.
Immersion is the most effective way to learn a language. Readlang will translate webpages you don't understand, and create flashcards and word lists for you. - Visit a webpage* in the language you are learning. - Click "R" to open Readlang. - Click on any word, or drag across any phrase to translate. Supercharge your language learning! Recently featured on Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/readlang-helps-you-learn-a-foreign-language-as-you-surf-1697991769 * A few webpages are known not to work, notably Facebook. Virtually all news, blogs and short story sites should work.
- (2020-03-03) Jan Mróz: Super przydatna.
- (2020-02-20) 于晓松: Sadly, the Chrome Extender runs especially slow at some sites :(
- (2019-11-17) Elizabeth Guinot Bordini: This would have been a a wonderful tool, if it worked with Android phones. Once you download it and try to install it, it slows down, goes on for ages. So you just close the app and give up. Can be used on tablets and computers but most definitely not on phones anymore. Pity.
- (2019-11-15) P N: I didn't find any replacement for it :( Excellent, mais ça c'était avant. Maintenant cet outil n'est plus maintenu, et va bientôt s'arrêter!
- (2019-10-31) Rey C: Impresionante, me ayuda mucho en el día a día tanto a traducir como a llevar un inventario de las palabras que no he aprendido
- (2019-07-09) Stasy Daisy: Wonderful app! I'm just begging you to make access to online pdf files (I have scripts there)!
- (2019-07-05) Paul Chauveau: I cannot sign in with google
- (2019-06-03) Leonardo Gonzales: Really good extension. I hope it will have more languages as alpha version soon.
- (2019-05-21) Arek Tkaczyk: Najlepsza aplikacja do nauki języków. Super darmowa wersja i bardzo tania wersja pro gdy chce się dostać odrobinę większe przywileje. Dziękuje bardzo za możliwość samodoskonalenia w tak wspaniały sposób.
- (2019-05-16) Omar Shaban: constantly crashing, doesn't work
- (2019-03-20) VERY NICE
- (2019-03-13) roger chen: it's really useful.
- (2019-01-13) Cory: It is impossible to stay logged in. I've checked the reviews and saw others had similar problems. the advice given to correct this does work. the second you try to translate a phrase, you are logged out.
- (2018-12-30) Lauren Jatana Vathje: I spent the last 4 days imagining all I want in a language learning app that could help me capture new words from a foreign language ebook. After some runarounds with other awesome apps that don't support russian, or other apps that are only web extensions (that do not work with ebooks) - it turns out that exactly what I'm looking for exists with ReadLang!!! It was a challenge to get my ebook (I pay for my books on google) to an EPUB format, without DRM - but after that - I am in heaven. Not only am I able to translate new words while reading (which I can do well in google play app), but I am also able to capture the list of words and be tested on them!! I'm so excited and I can't believe how long it took me to find out about ReadLang. And the price is right for the app, and I appreciate that I can use it for my purposes.
- (2018-09-08) Reza: My first impression is that I like it, but unfortunately, every time I click on a word it asks me to sign in again. I tried oauth sign-in and normal user-password sigin-in. It doesn't matter I sign in and it shows my avatar but the next word that I click it asks me again to sign in. Interestingly when I use the extension it also signs me out from https://readlang.com/ Could you please fix this?
- (2018-08-22) Ning Cao: Good
- (2018-05-24) Paulo Romério Lima Vieira: excelente.
- (2018-05-18) Blueheather V: It's very helpfuf. The great things of this app is that the word appears in the original sentence and the link which the word looked up is attached.
- (2018-05-10) Learning Divine Sacred: Amazing...
- (2018-05-03) Jonathan Costa: Muito bom.
- (2018-04-23) William Ponte Pardo: This is an useful app. I reconmmend this.
- (2018-04-19) Shakil38: Best apps to learn English language for a foreigner. Suggesting you to build this app better for Bengali language (বাংলা). Hoping to get best from the developer who are working hard for this app.
- (2017-12-02) Robert Yin: is not working on wwikipedia.org, how?
- (2017-05-24) James Whayman: Great extension 👍 Very useful for learning Russian. Thank you for your hard work!
- (2017-04-30) Julio Martínez: Vale la pena. Cada vez le encuentro más utilidad, desde el menú de la extensión y entrando en la web, se abren infinitas posibilidades
- (2020-03-12, v:0.6.2) Tayfun Geçim: Login Problem
I am a premium member and I am having problems logging in. I can only log in to the ReadLang website about section. It doesn't work on any other site. I contacted, but I did not get an answer.
- (2020-03-05, v:0.6.2) Joshua Tan: Extension can't log in
No matter how many times I try to log in using my Google OAuth, I am still stuck as a Guest. Can't save any words like this.
- (2019-12-29, v:0.6.2) Ella McC: HOW? Your directions mention nothing about this
" Please enable third party data storage in your browser settings before using the Readlang Web Reader" I've installed many extensions on chrome, but I have no clue where I might find this setting. Can you maybe POST IT WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE WEB READER?
- (2019-09-20, v:0.6.2) Carl A: Won't load web reader
Receive this message on every page: "Sorry but there's a problem loading the Readlang Web Reader on this website."
- (2019-06-05, v:0.6.2) Captain John Izmirlian: Does this app support Armenian language? thank you,
Does this app support Armenian language? thank you.
- (2018-10-25, v:0.6.2) Valeria Cucinotta: how does it work?
Can I ask a question pleas? I've added the extension to my google chrome but I don't understand how it workes on the pages I reed. I clicked "R" but nothing happens... Thank you for attention
- (2018-08-21, v:0.6.2) Elena Martí: Delete
How can I delete it from my chrome please??
- (2018-08-21, v:0.6.2) Kate Blevins: pdf files
does it work with pdf
- (2018-03-05, v:0.6.2) Wayne Smallman: Problem loading Readlang Reader
So far I've not found a single web page that works with this extension: "Problem loading Readlang Reader..."
- (2018-01-16, v:0.6.2) Activate readlang via shortcut
Great work on readlang, Steve. I am currently missing the feature to activate readlang web reader via shortcut. See the transover extension which I am using at the moment - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/transover/aggiiclaiamajehmlfpkjmlbadmkledi
- (2017-10-27, v:0.6.2) hawxna
kus akhtak ya akhu hgkahbee
- (2017-09-05, v:0.6.2) Francisco Ramírez: shorcode
Hi, Is there keyword shorcode to display readlang extension ready instead of push the icon of Readlnag. Thank you
- (2017-05-24, v:0.6.2) James Whayman: Live reload support
I'd like to have the ability to reload the extension without refreshing the page. I use Google Docs to translate texts, as I can make notes and save texts to my Drive. Unfortunately, when I edit existing texts or add new texts, the extension doesn't parse the modified/new texts and I need to refresh the page in order to use the extension again.