Capture or record a video of your screen, write text or arrows and share it. The safest extension with NO crazy permissions!
• Quick and clean interface • Take screenshots, draw arrows, circles, blur, crop and more. • Record a video of your screen and speak into the mic. • Much safer than the rest. NO permissions required! Try installing other screenshot extensions and read their install permissions ...they are crazy! Every other extension has this permission: "Read and change ALL YOUR DATA on the websites you visit." Google says they can request or modify data from sites like your bank account or Facebook etc. Refer to: https://goo.gl/EYndEt As an experienced developer I have introduced the same functions with no permissions required to make your experience safer. • Extra features are available upon contributing "any" amount. • Supports "Save to Google Drive" • Right click context menu for quick screen captures • Assign shortcut keys, details here: http://goo.gl/OZXCc8 Take a full or partial snapshot of any website or even upload an image into the cloud that you'd like to share or send to someone. You can draw arrows, lines, circles to point out things or even move, erase or delete selections and even annotate the snapshot by placing text right on the image. Then you can copy the image to the clipboard and paste it into your email or download the image onto your desktop. You can also get a direct link to the image and share it on Facebook or Twitter with direct links to the image. Changelog: https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Explain_and_Send_Screenshots_changelog
- (2022-08-25) Xavier Guzman: I have been using this for a while, on and off. I love it, makes it easy to track stuff when doing reviews of things that need to be fixed on websites. However lately, i'm unable to correctly capture the Entire Page. It has been working exactly as the the "Visible Page" option for me...So i keep needing to take multiple screenshots by manually scrolling the page, which is inconvenient :(
- (2022-05-16) Jon Fisher: Usually works flawlessly, but the past few days, it hasn't been triggering when I want it to. Anything I can do?
- (2022-04-27) _MemoryCore_: wow much more easier to do than my mac ss. i'll defintely keep using this for a long time. the only thing i think is inconvient like is how it always start with arrow tool
- (2022-04-07) Jose M: Wow! Simplicity and effectiveness of this light tool! The best that I have used so far. Thank you Jason!
- (2022-03-30) Aaron Herbst: unsure why not 5 stars
- (2021-12-16) D.S.R. el jugador: Muy buena extencion cumle con todo lo que dice, muy util
- (2021-10-15) GeckoTech GeckoTech: Simple, full featured, easy to use, added so much value for me.. Thanks Jason, keep up with the great work, suing in Chrome and Vivaldi browser
- (2021-09-16) Angelique Mercurio: Been using this for years and it's truly the BEST screenshot tool ever. Thank you Jason Savard for these awesome life improvements.
- (2021-09-14) Douglas Okolaa: favorite
- (2021-07-16) Grand Stand for Piano: Very helpful extension! We use this regularly! May you will continue to produce extensions that will help make other lives better. :) Thank you, Jason from all of us at grandstandforpiano.com
- (2021-07-12) Ehsan Amini: I rarely ever write reviews, but this high-value work surely merits one! Simple and intuitive interface, fairly full featured, well designed. Obviously done by a professional. A delight to use. Easily deserves a prize. An indispensable tool for every educator. Kudos to the developer. Can't thank you enough for the awesome job.
- (2021-04-18) Ka bi: In full page capture crop tool selection is bugging as hell, and extension able to crash. Cant select more area then actually visible and unable to modify selection. Zoom is not zoom, it shrinks image, so cant zoom out to select more area and save original dimensions.
- (2021-03-25) Twitter Cliffdog01: I love this extension and use it a lot along with your Gmail one you're definitely one of the best Chrome extension Devs 😁😁😁
- (2021-03-12) Jay Liu: Great!
- (2021-03-02) ROUNAK DAS NANDI: It's not only an extension that not only takes screenshots but also records screen. Best utility extension I ever saw in chrome web store.
- (2021-02-21) Lin sen: 很棒，可以满足日常需要截图
- (2021-02-13) Cop Parazzi: Not only a Chrome extension but an extension of me!
- (2021-01-26) Blake O'Ruairi: Installed 3 others, didnt really work. Installed this extension - clicked it, it worked right away. No messing around; simple direct and intuitive. Edit/blur etc. all from one step screen. Keeping It Stupidly Simple really works~ Thank You! great work~
- (2021-01-22) Perfect. "Just enough" to take screenshots or snippets. Wonderful developer tool.
- (2021-01-07) th ch: Ότι καλύτερο βρήκα στην κατηγορία αυτή.
- (2020-12-06) Bob Loucks: Excellent! Upon downloading it I was able to execute everything I had hoped to - which means THIS is a very user-friendly and handy tool ! Thank you*
- (2020-11-22) Robert De Sena: HOLY SHEAT. I've been looking for a really good screenshot tool for a while but chrome has enough really good apis for screenshots to where there are like 15000 crummy, half-baked screenshot extensions, and most of the better ones have an overcomplicated UI, use way too much cpu, or upload your photos to their server for processing. This has most of the features I want in a screenshot tool, and doesn't have any of the ones I don't want. However, I do have to say that if you're trying to really accurately capture an area (like near pixel perfect), this extension isn't always the best, but I'd consider that relatively minor. (for capturing areas really neatly, I use lightshot, but there are plenty other good ones for that).
- (2020-10-29) Juan Nicolas Carlotto: Genial! tambien se puede abrir desde el porta papeles, muy practico. gracias
- (2020-10-23) Deb Reynolds: Actually, my 5 stars are a bit premature, since I JUST downloaded the extension. However, it looks easy to use with just the types of features I am looking for! I work at home doing a variety of product and tech support, customer advocacy, etc., and I frequently need to either take/submit screenshots myself with a trouble ticket, etc., or to share product features and other types of resources with customers. I'm looking forward to trying it out!! Thank you.
- (2020-09-24) Paolo: recommend I use daily congratulations to the creator
- (2020-09-18) Algériennes Affaires: After editng my screen it did require me to buy a paid version or it sticks a water mak what a waste of time so disapointed
- (2020-09-09) 白书杰: 超级强大，虽然名字比较朴素，真心好用
- (2020-08-31) uzisan uzisan: the best screen shot app. fast and easy to use. tanx jason
- (2020-08-25) Alexandre Lopes: Excellent.
- (2020-08-20) Hi, I was able to use it for couple of times until it says I can’t save to drive anymore. I tried revoking and re-granting access to the drive but nothing happens. here's the error message Problem uploading to google drive: internal error
- (2020-08-20) Nguyễn Sơn Hà Giang: ok
- (2020-08-19) edmundo choque flores: Muy bueno
- (2020-08-18) Amir SoLo9: رائع وجميل جيدا تطبيق ممتاز ورعة
- (2020-07-01) WT: Better to use than fireshot
- (2020-04-09) Adrian Arenas Lopez: Muy interesante!!
- (2020-03-28) Mohammad Azad: Better than what I expected.
- (2020-03-19) Subrata Sarkar: Nice and simple tool!.
- (2020-03-15) David Chan: I was thinking to stop using the FVD Nimbus version because of recent updates have ruined a good thing. But this one as a replacement is missing two features I enjoy having in the FVD Nimbus version like an ability to enable/disable an overlay onscreen countdown timer. And the ability to capture the tabs sounds. This extension captures from the mic only and no premium option to capture the tab sounds. FVD Nimbus allows sound capture from either tab or mic. To capture here, is simpler. Click to capture, click to stop. The FVD version is a bit buggy and sometimes won't stop if we've hidden the sharing notification. I was hoping it would at least have similar functions like the tab sound capture, but it does not. Even as a premium option, I'd consider donating because FVD recently changed their capture engine and now their tools are buggy. But it's not quite there yet as it can't/won't capture the tab sounds. I use the screen record tool of the FVD version to record gameplay to create mini how-to (mic) or create proofs for bug testing purposes (tab sounds). And this version only allows mic recording with no option to record tab sounds. So the 3-star rating remains IMO. If he adds the countdown and tab record option that rating would change to a 4 or 5. If I'm in love with the tool, then heck ya, I'll donate, but its not quite there yet.
- (2020-03-08) Mark Turnbull: first time iv reviewed any app, but this one was worth the time. great app. love it. so simple to use. cant understand why anyone would leave a negative review.
- (2020-02-29) 王了: 非常好，值得掏钱。我付了一美元给开发者表示感谢。
- (2020-02-13) 肖清文: 还不错，但是在截整个网页的时候，总是会无法很好的拼接，导致有一条很粗的白线
- (2020-02-13) ss810163賴: 看了别人的影片介绍来的，但是不知道怎么改成中文介面。
- (2020-02-11) Fan Dean: 确实是Chrome中最好用的截图软件，不需要登录，不需要下载附加exe程序。基本的编辑功能也非常好用。 缺点：唯一的不足是无法直接调整截取的整个页面的长图片的尺寸，默认的裁剪功能对这些长图片不好处理。
- (2020-02-07) Kiley Jo: This app will help me start my channel\ thanks for everything.
- (2020-02-05) Hesham Baher: I'ts very very good work thank you
- (2020-01-20) Sou Retrô: Como uso só p/ screens parciais me atende bem e é super simples!
- (2020-01-17) Jack Steam: So many great features! I'm a Chrome extension developer myself, and I love this. One of the few really well done extensions. Worth a few dollars.
- (2020-01-12) Joshua Young: Woot Woot
- (2020-01-04) I love it, and I'm telling everyone at work who cares to liste.
- (2019-12-17) Paulo Santamaria: The only problem is that the videos are saved in .webm and there is no option to save it in .mov or other extension. I can't play videos in .webm so this way, this funcion have no use for me.
- (2013-11-04, v:6.7.7) Keith Rau: explain and send.
i lost a file possibly or most likely a jpg. In August i capture a partial screen shot of a website called Adam4Adam. The screenshot was a conversation I had with and X coworker. In the conversation he exonerated me of an guilt for something he once blamed me for. His accusation haunted my daily working life for a long time. I want this to show my old coworkers that I was just as honest as they originally believed. I want to remove any doubt from their minds. Is there anyway to find this file again? Do you have access to them or do you have suggestions for how I might retrieve it from this end? Thank You, Keiht Rau
- (2013-11-03, v:6.7.7) Tadeusz Głowacki: Awaria rozszerzenia
Rozszerzenie: "Opisz i wyślij screen" nie działa. Nie pomaga ciągłe odświeżanie na stronie rozszerzeń. Nie pomaga również klikanie w dymek jaki się pojawia jako komunikat o awarii, z prośbą o kliknięcie. Po kilkukrotnym kliknięciu dymka wyłącza się całkowicie, trzeba wrócić do rozszerzeń i odświeżyć. itd.itd.
- (2013-10-16, v:6.7.7) Scott Brandley: Auto Clipboard Option
Good afternoon, One think I LOVE about Jing is their auto-clipboard function. Then you don't have to copy and paste the URL, you just have to paste. What if you made it so that once you select a default sharing option, you have a second option that says, "Would you like to auto-copy the imgur URL to your clipboard?" This would be an awesome feature! Love the product by the way. Scott
- (2013-10-15, v:6.7.6) Adam Fanello: These particular pages cannot be captured
Every page says "These particular pages cannot be captured due to Chrome's security policy, please try another page!"
- (2013-09-17, v:6.7.5) Fred Moussa: Screen grab is always top left hand side part and zoomed in
Hi Why do we always now have the top left hand side part of the screen when using the grabbing feature " grab selected area" ? please help, thanks
- (2013-08-29, v:6.7.5) Derek Evans: Question?
Is There A Way I could Retrieve My Account Since Making A Donation Cause I bookmarked it and my computer crashed and I wasn't able to get this extension without the ads unless I donated again!! Is There A Way To Get it back in case it happens to me again? Thanks Doug.
- (2013-08-06, v:6.7.3) Esteban Cuevas: Imm.io doesn't work for me
At least here, imm.io doesn't work. http://i.imgbox.com/adprTngh.png Get that always. About a week now. Same problem. (I recently donated, love this extension :) thanks for the work on this, Jason)
- (2013-07-31, v:6.7.2) David Barreda: Error on image capture
Hi. I tried grabbing the entire page of this URL and instead it repeated the top part of the page over and over. http://www.chinafile.com/Business-in-China-Getting-Riskier-Or-Are-Multinationals-Taking-More-Risks
- (2013-07-20, v:6.7.2) Susan Eric Favre (ericdswife92): Shadowing
I love this extension and use it all of the time. My question is there any way to remove the shadow that follows everything that I draw. It is a lighter gray shadow on the right side of all my lines and interferes with my drawings. Is there possibly a way to turn it off? Thanks
- (2013-07-16, v:6.7.2) waiting for myspace.com
Lately, when I attempt to save an entire page, it appears to do the work but then at the end I get a spinning cursor and it says "Waiting for myspace.com" in the lower left corner of the browser. It doesn't actually ever finish and allow me to get the image.
- (2013-06-21, v:6.7.2) Bradley Hayes: error
When trying to save an entire page of my gmail email I get this error everytime - You probably just installed this extension or an update has been done, so you'll need to reload this tab first or grab the visible part of page instead!