Enforces a 25min/5min workflow: 25 minutes of distraction-free work, followed by 5 minutes of break. Repeat as necessary.
1. Click to start a 25-minute work timer, and work without distraction. 2. Click to start a 5-minute break timer, and kick back and relax. 3. Repeat until all your work is done. ======================= Features: * Easy to use: just one click starts a work/break timer * Easy to get started: pre-configured to block popular distracting websites * Easy to personalize: block the sites that are most distracting to you or change the timer durations * Blacklist or whitelist: either choose what sites to block during a work timer, or what sites to allow ======================= Permissions: * Your data on all websites * Your tabs and browsing activity In order to cover up blocked websites, we need permission to interact with them. We're open-source, so feel free to grab a programmer buddy and make sure that that's all we do: no website's content is read or stored in any way. https://github.com/matchu/Strict-Workflow ======================= The Strict Workflow time management strategy is simple: work hard for 25 minutes without distractions, knowing that a 5 minute break is soon on its way. This extension helps you stay focused while you work by blocking the sites that can so easily distract us. We pre-loaded the extension with a handful of popular distracting websites, but you can easily add new sites to the list, or, if you're daring, you can even create a whitelist of the *only* websites allowed during a work session. You can also change the lengths of the work and break timers - though I'd recommend against it: these times are default for a reason, so only change them if you're certain that they will make you more productive. When we say "strict", we mean it. Once a work timer starts, there's no stopping it without straight-up disabling the extension or restarting the browser. This is for your benefit: I wrote this extension with myself in mind, and I know how tempting it can be to just give up when work gets too frustrating. Therefore, Strict Workflow actively discourages this behavior, though you can always disable the extension in case of emergency. Tomato icon is from Artbees's lovely Paradise Fruit Icons set, and the ringing sound is from FreeSound.org. Both of these assets are distributed under a Creative Commons license. The source code for this extension is available at https://github.com/matchu/Strict-Workflow Please feel free to fork and do what you like! Pull requests make my day. Stay focused, and have fun! NOTICE: This extension was once named Strict Pomodoro, but has been renamed in compliance with a cease and desist letter sent on behalf of Francesco Cirillo, who holds the trademark for Pomodoro and The Pomodoro Technique. Thanks for understanding.
- (2020-01-20) Juliusz B: A great tool. There are a bit of tweaks that would be useful, though. Most importantly – presets. I’d love to be able to save a set of whitelisted websites for when I work on one thing, and another for some other times.
- (2020-01-17) Capy Mourier: Its a great app, the problem is when my daughter is left alone she can just remove it. Please install a system where we can put a secret password, and then make it repeat until the day start so we can't turn it off, whenever we want thanks
- (2019-12-24) fatima ezzahra K: Je pense qu'il ne marche pas ou je n'ai pas su l'utiliser, le programme ne bloque aucun des sites que je lui ai donné
- (2019-10-01) Wendy Phelps-Byam: Great extension but would love to be able to change block/break timer options.
- (2019-07-24) Sara Garska: I wish it would let me set up which websites when I add it. It wouldn't let me change any of them until 25 minutes had elapsed, but I listen to classical music on youtube while I work and, instead of being able to get right back to work, I had to find another productivity app that wouldn't make me work in silence.
- (2019-06-11) Erica Magallon: Please add the ability to add sites to the block list when the timer is going. Also, a long break and maybe the ability to keep track of the number of pomodoros you done.
- (2019-06-11) Edmo Freitas: The best pomodoro extension I've tried so far. The only thing is missing is an option to make the work/pause phase change automatically and block the websites.
- (2019-06-07) Pyro TheEvilPlatypus: Completely useless. All you have to do is exit Chrome and then open Chrome again for blocking to be completely undone. Others like Self Control CANNOT be bypassed like this, but they don't have whitelisting which is what I need.
- (2019-05-29) Jordan: Honestly helps me get a lot done, but please add the option to lower the timer volume, or change the tone. You don't know how irritating it is for me (and my girlfriend) to hear the harsh ringing go off twice every 30 minutes. Otherwise it would be a 5/5.
- (2019-05-29) Clemente Moroni: Es super útl pero debería tener alguna manera de pausarlo
- (2019-05-16) Nicholas Perry: It's really not great that you can't stop it. I understand the "strictness" philosophy, but it's taken me 5 times downloading and removing repeatedly to simply make sure all of the settings are what I want.
- (2019-05-16) Duy Nguyễn K.: Pomodo này chỉ hợp với MBTI Jugder . Mà nhiều Perceivers lại dùng cái này , cho nên ko hợp
- (2019-05-15) Luis Villatoro: Excelente extensión, me a ayudado a mejorar la productividad. Es muy estricto, si lo activas y necesitas entrar a una pagina que bloqueaste no puedes verla hasta que pasen los 25 minutos. Debería de haber un botón para pausarlo en casos de emergencia. Por lo demás excelente!
- (2019-05-09) Nathan Hinchey: Starts in active mode, which means you cannot adjust it when you first install it.
- (2019-05-05) George Morgan: Best Pomodoro Timer 1) Timer is modifiable, not only 25min, but anything you want 2) Showing remaining minutes in red (during work) or green(during breaks) 3) Sounds, when timer ended 4) Not allowed list of sites, configurable
- (2019-04-03) Fisher M: Rather efficient.
- (2019-03-10) Love this - use it daily
- (2019-03-03) Xu Martin: 一直在用，加油作者
- (2019-02-28) Shubham Shree: A great helping hand !
- (2019-02-21) I really find this extension useful! I think it would be better if there were settings for cycles (like 4 cycles of work-then-break) so that there's no need to keep clicking?
- (2019-01-22) Jas Arajit: ฮากับคอนเซปมาก มาจากการควบคุมตัวเองไม่ได้
- (2019-01-01) rajmani sharma: i am not able to add sites which i want to block
- (2018-11-19) Dan Feizet: I really like this concept, and I really like the strictness it can provide. That said, I frankly can't find a way to turn it off ever, short of disabling the extension. I frankly use it more for providing a reminder to take a break (I sometimes forget to eat / drink when I'm "in the zone"), but if I can't turn it off in the evening or on weekends, then I just end up leaving it disabled. Maybe I'm not the target user, but I think there's a need for something ever-so-slightly less strict :)
- (2018-11-13) The Great and Powerful Merlin: Great, but you should try to fix how we have to constantly disable/enable it to reset it when accidentally turn it on or something which just happened to me before I posted this.
- (2018-11-09) Erik Balsa Dansey: This is the best tool so far for focusing. My suggestion: add a pomodoro record, like the Marinara extension, that allows us to keep track of pomodoros completed during the day/week/beginning of time. I would also add the "long break" option. Because I need a longer rest after 3/4 pomodoros
- (2019-11-01, v:1.6.2) dott Re: please add longterm rest for every 4 pomodoro
that is standard for pomodoro technique
- (2019-09-20, v:1.6.2) Achim Ditscher: Add websites while on work session
Hey there. I think it's great that you can't remove a restriction during a work session. But I think it would be great if you could add new websites to the restriction list during work sessions. Maybe it might be easier to implement when it only updates on the start of the next session.
- (2019-08-22, v:1.6.2) Efry Eltahan: Managing websites list
I tried adding a website unsuccessfully, where is the list of website managed? (it's a dynamic php website, maybe if I could give the root (the domain) I could block it.) Thanks
- (2019-08-18, v:1.6.2) Luke Adams: Extension options
Is it possible to add additional websites that are blocked? If so, how. I can't get them to edit from the options page.
- (2019-08-11, v:1.6.2) Dylan Ander: Potentially acquire Strict Workflow?
Hello there, Are you guys interested in selling your business? I would love to talk if you are interested. [email protected] ~Dylan
- (2019-06-17, v:1.6.2) Francesco Cracolici: Stats?
Hey! The tool is absolutely amazing. Thanks for doing what you do :) Is there any chance you can add stats? a simple one such us " time worked" it's absolutely great. Thanks !
- (2019-04-30, v:1.6.2) veryuniquename veryuniquesurname: Satisfied user
PLEASE ADD WHITELIST OPTION IT'S MORE USEFUL TO ALLOW SOME SITES LIKE COURSERA, GITHUB, AND THEIR CONTENT DELIVERY CENTERS WITH REGARDS, ADVANCED PROCRASTINATOR sorry for writing like that, but it really suprises me that most creators of such addons forgets that issue
- (2019-04-26, v:1.6.2) Stef_Supertramp: Restart Timer Automatically
Hello, Would like to give a simple suggestion...Provide an option to restart the timer automatically once the break is over, otherwise until I press the tomato again I can do a break as long as I want it
- (2019-04-12, v:1.6.2) Elena Itskovich: Add multiple work/break modes
Hello! I've been using the app and find it very useful, thank you! I would like to suggest having an option to plan several sessions in advance that you can activate with one click. For example plan 3 sessions of (25 min work/ 5 min break) that reoccur immediately, without the option to quit in the middle. It would help to plan the day in advance and will remove to obstacle of keeping to decide to launch again. It will also be nice to have an option to have a reminder at specific dates/times to activate the sessions. Thank you! Elena
- (2019-04-11, v:1.6.2) Anca Anca: SETTINGS
HELLO, I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT IF I CLOSE THE INTERNET TAB AND I REOPEN IT AGAIN, THE TIMER I SET FOR STRICT FLOW IT'S GETTING RESTARTED AND I CAN ACCES ALL THE OTHERWISE BLOCKED SITES. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT I CAN FIX TROUGH THE AVAILABLE SETTINGS THAT YOUR APP HAS RIGHT NOW? OR IS SOMETHING THAT IT'S NOT IMPLEMENTED YET? I REALLY NEED TO STAY FOCUSED OR MY LIFE IS GONNA END SOON, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. BEST REGARDS! :))