Allow yourself to focus while using YouTube™ for work, recreation or education.
Please download uBlock Origin! It is the best tool for removing advertisements across the web, including video advertisements on YouTube™! I have no affiliation, it's just my favorite extension. NOT WORKING? Please use the feedback button to alert me if YouTube™ is not being displayed properly. YouTube™ occasionally updates its styling which may break DF Tube. REGARDING PRIVACY I do not read, examine or track your browser history or any other personal information. The only permissions I ask for are "tabs" to insert the functionality and "storage" to store your settings. I am a strong believer in privacy. This extension is just a tool to help remove the distracting elements from YouTube™. The permissions used by this extensions are 1) Storage - to store your preferences, 2) Tabs - to load the DF Tube script on each YouTube™ tab you open, and 3) https://api.mailgun.net/* domain - which is a service I use to send your feedback to my email. *** YouTube™ is directly incentivized to create as many views and ad clicks as possible. As a result we are inundated with tasty thumbnails and advertisements from every angle. While this is good for someone looking to kill time, it's not so good for those of us intending to focus on educational content, do research, or simply find some relaxing music to groove to. After using DF Tube for a few days, you realize the extent to which the pattern of click, watch, scan mindlessly for a new video, click, watch, and repeat, has been ingrained in us by YouTube™'s design. DF Tube breaks that cycle. By default, DF Tube disables autoplay, hides the video recommendations sidebar as well as the related videos that appear at the end of videos. It also removes the grid of recommended videos that appear on your homepage. These settings are all configurable. It can also hide comments and disable playlists sitewide. I hope DF Tube allows you to focus on the content *you* want to focus on. Give it a try and be sure to report any suggestions or bugs! ***UPDATES*** (11/18/2019) - Fixed issue where feed shows for a moment before being hidden
- (2020-07-11) Ananya Srivastava: Amazing, literally helped me turn my life around! Such a lifesaver
- (2020-07-11) I am Hannah Montana: YES this is exactly what I've always wanted, I had no idea it existed. I get so distracted by my YouTube recommendations when I'm trying to study or need quick help with homework. This extension hides all the recommended videos on the sides and the homescreen. And no worries, you can always turn off the extension if you want things back to normal again.
- (2020-07-10) rob rob: Broken
- (2020-04-12) Richard Xu: This is awesome.
- (2020-04-11) Amazing Ameya: Useful for Minimalist's!!!
- (2020-04-03) Joon Lee: This review has more to do how evil YouTube's recommendation engine is, rather than how great this extension is -- though don't get me wrong it's great! YouTube's first recommended link is the only one that's useful and the next are basically links engineered to distract at best and worst, expose you to the basest stuff created to entice our brains. The irony is if you do a Google search of videos, it gives you a list of relevant searches -- so it's not like YouTube engineers (AKA Google engineers) don't know how to make a useful search. Good job, YouTube!
- (2020-04-02) Rajesh Khatwani: The finest chrome extension available out there. This app deserves more attention and can be life changing for many people to have focused and uncluttered work. Huge respect to the Developer.
- (2020-04-01) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Also hides all recommend videos from the youtube start tab/page :(
- (2020-04-01) Hansel D'silva: best extension for self-learners on the web store period
- (2020-03-31) Иван Омельченко: Hello. I'm writing this in third time because once this little window lose focus it disappears and on next open Comments text box is just empty :( ... In fourth time, because after pressing Submit button it just writes periods forever... So, I'm a severe procrastinator, yet can handle myself of not disabling your extension preliminary, but next problem often pushing me over the edge. The problem is that if you reload page (or as I do it - clicking Youtube left top logo link) I can see for half a second youtube's left subscription bar and click on Subscribed link to get to my subscription video list. So, I'm asking for somehow blocking this 'leakage'. I don't know how chrome extensions works, but hope here is and it is easy solution. Much thanks, you have been saving me much life time :)
- (2020-03-30) Edward Nunez: Good extension but I think there is a pretty obvious bug. Going to YT homepage with DFT disabled, recommended videos are hidden by default. Maybe that is only happening on my machine but if not, is this intended? I would rather YT work normally when DFT is not enabled...
- (2020-03-23) Thirunavukarasu A: It worked flawlessly for many months.But,today it totally stopped working.
- (2020-03-20) Jonas Fischer: This is one of the most helpful tool on the internet.
- (2020-03-15) River Eder: This is exactly what I've been looking for when I want to clean out my digital environment in order to focus.
- (2020-03-05) Bob Ross: view pure is better
- (2020-03-01) Jovan Balaban: Love it! Thank you very much for developing this extension!
- (2020-02-28) Toan Nguyen: good app!
- (2020-02-24) Wajid Khan: Must have for productivity enthusiasts. So thankful for this.
- (2020-02-21) Nicely done: thx
- (2020-02-20) Jessica Lister: LOVE IT!
- (2020-02-19) 김광현: Thank you for saving me from being addicted with youtube
- (2020-02-17) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Please add the feature: Stop autoplay next video on playlists
- (2020-02-15) Brandon Dobson: This is a must have when watching youtube. However, as of today, the hide notification bell checkbox is not working.
- (2020-02-14) ritik dave: very very very usefull and ............ sorry i cant say about its importance for me this is the best time saver for students
- (2020-02-10) Cynthia T: I love this extension sooo much!! Unlike other extensions that cuts off youtube entirely this one allows me to focus on my studies and still have access to youtube! That's important because sometimes I need to use resources on videos and resources from the website. highly recommend.