Keep track of the time you spend in Chrome, and get a clear picture of what you were doing all day.
Changes in 3.2.6: - Another activation fix Changes in 3.2.5: - Fixes sign in flow Changes in 3.2.4: - Fixes reliability of FocusTime on Windows Changes in 3.2.3: - Fixes activation and mode select issues Changes in 3.2.2: - Fixes additional Unchecked runtime.lastError in dev console Changes in 3.2.1: - Fixes Unchecked runtime.lastError - Fixes page logging issues on installupdate. - Fixes page logging issues on window focus/unfocus events. RescueTime tracks the time you spend in the active tab or window of Chrome, or your ChromeOS device. This gives you a clear picture of what you were actually doing all day, to better manage your digital life. If you walk away from your computer for a few minutes, RescueTime automatically figures out when you're away and stops tracking. RescueTime does it's best to auto-categorize the sites you visit. It also scores them on a scale from Very Productive to Very Distracting. You can easily fine-tune the defaults to suit your needs. It's also simple to pause RescueTime, or delete any time you'd rather not have tracked. Why it's awesome: You’ll never have to ask "Where the #@%! did my day go!?" again. RescueTime lets you see how you spent your time on a day, week, or month basis. Everyone has those sites that they "only check a couple times a day" These can add up to a lot of time without you realizing it. RescueTime makes it easy to see. Having good information and constant feedback helps you manage your time better, so you can spend your day the way you'd like. If you already have a full RescueTime account, this extension will work hand-in-hand with it, giving you an at-a-glance view of all the time you are tracking. RescueTime also works for desktop apps and mobile devices using a downloadable client, so you can get a full picture of your digital day.
- (2020-01-06) CAWED DAN: Strangely I cannot login on this extension. It just always redirects to the login page although I have logged in.
- (2019-12-30) citrusella flugpucker #nomoreCRAPtions: Currently not very useful at all. Had an error it didn't notify me about that kept it from logging my activities for a month, and after that it reset my setting for not having the RescueTime application on my computer (I do but I'm using Vivaldi, where the tracking doesn't work quite right and it doesn't pick up my websites), which meant it didn't log time to my RescueTime account. I was thinking of re-buying Premium while it's on sale right now because FocusTime was so helpful when I had that free six months after I signed up and I can't find blocking software exactly like that for cheaper, but if it's not logging the things it would end up blocking, it's useless.
- (2019-12-12) Lune W.: It doesn't work with my chromebook ... and even on my regular laptop it doesn't track consistently (eg. only tracked 2 hours for 4-5 hours, during the set work hours).
- (2019-11-08) Oleg Gavryliuk: Лучшее приложение для отслеживания статистики использования компьютера, телефона. Есть много полезных интеграций. Лучшее Rescuetime нет.
- (2019-11-07) Guan W: It doesn't work in Vivaldi 2.9.1705.38 (Stable channel)
- (2019-09-08) Ash: This has helped me with my productivity significantly!!
- (2019-09-05) Nancy Chung: I cant believe ths is free! Ive only installed it yesterday but Ive explored all that it can do for me and I am thoroughly impressed with the idea of it and had no issues so far with its one day use so far. I can see some reviewers who have been using it for the past 2 years with a couple of fusses but nothing major so I look forward to using this to keep myself in check. I think this would greatly benefit from further growth in functionality and would be an app I would pay for if it continues to work.
- (2019-08-25) John Stephenson: this is a cool extension
- (2019-08-22) Elise M: helps me realize what the heck i'm doing with my life 10/10
- (2019-08-05) Priam Sampaio: It is a great software ... But my work computers are offline and all these feature are unavailable unless I'd log in. I wish there was another option
- (2019-07-14) Mr Fenton: Free version lol
- (2019-06-26) יוס G: צריך עוד קצת לשפר את הגרף שיציג בצורה יותר נוחה את הנתונים ולא כל שניה לעבור לאתר שלהם כדי להבין את הגרף
- (2019-05-31) Clinton Wasylishen: I love this not only for the extension, but it works across all my platforms seamlessly... has an app for Android, Linux, Windows and iOs - all things that I use almost daily. I love this stuff and even paid for a premium subscription because it adds so much value. I would not have paid if it didn't work across platform... I love this developer. Amazing!
- (2019-02-04) 程阿南: 2月3日. 国内被墙... 找不到其他跨平台主动记录时间软件了.....QAQ.....
- (2019-01-15) Job Shen: in chrome 70+ version, it caused the following error:Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2018-09-16) PatryKRAKOW: E Q
- (2018-08-01) Сергей Кожемяченко: Hey guys, the RescueTime has recently stopped detailing the Google Chrome traffic? It simply doesn't show the websites. Did it became a Premium feature? Because I don't have premium.
- (2018-06-07) Bin Ury: This currently has a bug which causes the console to output countless `Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.` on mouse events. Also, why are injecting a listener to watch my mouse events?
- (2018-05-02) Ben Ullrich: Love it. But the browser keeps signing me out on both chrome and firefox. The desktop and phone parts seem to work fine though. Been using it 2 years or so now. Look at all that wonderful data.
- (2018-04-10) Miguel Morales Elox: It shows a fraction of the time I spend working on Googledocs. For instance, after I work for 1 hr, it will say I worked 15-20 min. This is a big problem since I work predominantly in Googledocs.
- (2018-02-28) Nate B: // , This has given me insights I would never have had, otherwise. Begone, Reddit, thou harlot of my attention!
- (2018-02-15) Łukasz Iksiński: Fantastic. You can easily track your productivity and your time. Available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Very good functionality when you choose the free version. Pro version even better but it's your choice! Now I can simply check where do I waste my time.. anyway... it's time to go back to work :)
- (2017-12-18) Ita Udo-Ema: PROBLEM SOLVED: If you are using a Chromebook, go into the settings and make sure that "I'm already using the full RescueTime application on this computer." is unchecked. If your extensions are auto installed from your desktop you might miss this important note. Your Chromebook will not track individual sites with this box check.
- (2017-11-30) T. Tiro: I like how detailed RescueTime's stats/graphs are and how sites get automatically categorized. The only problem is that it stops tracking time if you're inactive. So if I'm watching a video and not moving my mouse, it doesn't track the time. So it will say I only spent 5 minutes on youtube when in reality I spent several hours. I wish the way RescueTime decided if a tab was idle/inactive was customizable like it is with the timeStats extension. For example, timeStats lets me choose 60 seconds of inactivity before a tab is marked idle.
- (2017-11-09) Daniel Prim: Perfektní podrobná diagnostika času stráveného u PC. Rozhodně se vyplatí Premium.
- (2013-06-27, v:3.0.12) mark wolgemuth: testing this tool
- (2013-06-20, v:3.0.12) Bogdan Popa: Installation error
On Chrome Version 27.0.1453.110 on Ubuntu 12.10 I get the following error when I try to install the plugin: Could not install package: 'UTILITY_PROCESS_CRASHED_WHILE_TRYING_TO_INSTALL'
- (2012-12-28, v:3.0.12) Petar Subotic: Netflix: Fullscreen
Time spent on Netflix only records while browsing the site, once in full screen (watch) mode, time tracking appears to stop. Chrome 23 on Win 7 with desktop app installed.