Discover fascinating articles every time you open a new tab.
See fascinating stories from around the web every time you open a new tab with Pocket’s Must Reads Chrome extension. Handpicked by editors and updated hourly, Pocket’s article recommendations highlight the most thought-provoking stories on the web—new perspectives, intriguing deep-dives, and forays into unexpected topics. They’re a refreshing break from the endless news cycle — a way to enrich your mind with articles you might not have seen otherwise. You can also customize your new tab with optional elements: search bar, your most visited sites, your bookmarks, and a dark or light background. About Pocket Owned by Mozilla, we’re a group of voracious readers, curious about the world and always on the hunt for stories that go deeper and shed light on interesting topics. Our goal is to inspire, inform and enrich the minds of people every day through high-quality stories and to help those stories get in front of a wide, engaged audience.
- (2019-09-17) Prem Nirmal: Needs more stories, only shows 3 right now. The firefox new tab shows 6
- (2019-08-05) Ramtin Toosi: This is the first amazing and practical home page extension I've used But It could be much more - more customization - Instead of post trending I had my own 'best of' pocket items - Website icons are not so pretty than what chrome default shows
- (2019-07-30) Quentin Lowery: As far as I was aware, Pocket's main purpose is so I can save articles to view later. So why does this extension only let me see articles Pocket decides are important? Why not build functionality to match the main purpose of Pocket itself? They've been "noting" this request to the product team for years now, so I'm not exactly hopeful this will ever change.
- (2019-07-04) Brian Davis: I would use this if it showed my content from pocket. How hard is it to add a toggle for discovered content and another for my pocket account?
- (2019-04-11) Elijah Lopez: Make the articles bigger like they are on Firefox NTP Bookmark editing Have a feature to use chrome theme's NTP colour
- (2019-02-09) erfan ghazvenhi021: میشه گفت بهترین افزونه روزهای اخیر هستش عالیه
- (2019-01-20) Hakan Tok: Pocket yeni sayfa eklentisi, Pocket'ın seçtiği popüler iliginç haberlerle, en çok ziyaret ettiğiniz siteler ve bookmark ile koyu teması olan bir açılış sayfası. Bookmark kısmı Chrome'un kendi sunduğundan biraz daha geniş. Sade kullanışlı bir arayüz.
- (2018-12-15) Kiara Palmer: Love everything about Pocket. Unfortunately, I've recently been unable to pocket regular sites not suggested by pocket using the chrome extension or plugin. Not sure how to fix it, but would love if that feature worked.
- (2018-10-08) Peter Yao: Always showing empty page when starting the first new tab. Only works after the second new tab. Please fix this issue.
- (2018-09-15) Can't disable "popular stories". Uninstalled. Gonna use evernote instead.
- (2018-09-09) Chittprakash Agnihotri: I love this extension. For some reason, this has stopped working after the chrome update - Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) Error Message - It appears there was an issue retrieving trending stories from the server. We will shortly.
- (2018-09-06) John Feller: Love the new tab! Super simple, very clean looking and the articles that are suggested are interesting.
- (2018-07-27) Lori Priebe: Does what it says on the tin. Like the news stories that are suggested. Would be nice if it showed items recommended for me. I use Pocket all the time, and it has a recommended section, so it would be cool if it could grab that data and use it on this new tab page. ...And while I'm wishing, it would be nice to have different theme options (rather than just light and dark). But that's just asking for whip cream on top of an already decent Sundae.
- (2018-06-19) TooTH PiCK: It wouldn't even show my own saved pocket content?! It has literally ZERO customizable features. Just another bland way to force feed links to suggested content that is all completely irrelevant to me... Whats the point of this extension?
- (2018-06-13) Vaibhav Jalan: I think the new tab extension is a nice way to find interesting things to read, but I wish it shown my recommended articles instead of trending ones.
- (2018-06-12) Sammy Harris: I think you should be allowed to pin sites to the top sites header.
- (2018-05-26) Mikael Souza: I think the new tab extension is a nice way to find interesting things to read, but I wish it shown my recommended articles instead of trending ones.
- (2018-05-07) Roxiehoney: Like I have said before, I love my whole pocket family! Also, Pocket has the very best customer service I have ever encounter on an app support site! And I'm not a paying customer, and their service was stellar!
- (2018-04-25) Steve Klein: It's better than nothing but I'd rather see my reading list.
- (2018-04-19) Mac Mac: I see only trending stories, but how to get my saved articles?
- (2018-03-12) Zato Prosto: Trending stories list doesn't edited. It's annoying.
- (2018-03-08) Wesley Campbell: I like seeing recommended articles/information, but i wish the feed in my new tab were exactly what i saw in something akin to the recommended tab (e.g. a sequential list of what was recommended for me to go back and view later).
- (2018-02-24) John Farson: I love pocket new tab.
- (2018-02-23) Daniel Brandenburg: This is not good and not what is I want in a pocket new tab. It should provide quick access to search my saved items. With this it is better to just use the getpocket website as a new tab. It appears to me that this is just an attempt to put their promoted content on your new tab.
- (2018-02-16) Kevin Winn: As much as I love pocket, I am incredibly nonplussed about this. It absolutely blows my mind that I'm unable to view my saved items, considering pocket is a service built upon saving/bookmarking stuff for later viewing. Major disappointment.