Create and edit videos with OpenShot online
The OpenShot video editor is a Chrome extension that allows to create and edit videos online. It is an integration with an OpenShot instance, which is a free and open-source video editor . It supports commonly used video codecs that are supported by FFmpeg like WebM (VP9), AVCHD (libx264), HEVC (libx265) and audio codecs like mp3 (libmp3lame) and aac (libfaac). The program can render MPEG4, ogv, Blu-ray and DVD video, and Full HD videos for uploading to the internet video websites. OpenShot main features are - Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg). - Unlimited tracks / layers. - Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, rotation, and cutting. - Video transitions with real-time previews. - Compositing, image overlays, watermarks. - Title templates, title creation, sub-titles. - Scrolling motion picture credits. - Solid color clips (including alpha compositing). - Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences. - Advanced Timeline (including Drag & drop, scrolling, panning, zooming, and snapping). - Video encoding (based on FFmpeg). - Digital zooming of video clips. - Time-mapping and Speed changes on clips (slow/fast, forward/backward, etc...) - Custom transition lumas and masks. - Audio mixing and editing. - Digital video effects, including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key. (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and many more. In order to handle the video compositions this extension includes the following functionality over the files used by this extension: - Personal files and directories in the Cloud. - Operations with files and folders: copy, move, upload, create folder/file, etc - Search for files. This is not a video player, it is a video editor, so do not expect great quality when playing video or audio. Download locally the video composed by OpenShot to play it with the right quality. This OpenShot Video Editor extension uses the platform http://www.offidocs.com.
- (2021-01-04) Yasmine M: Uploading the file was okay, BUT I can't even edit this! WHAT even is this! Believe me, don't get it unless you're an expert because this is almost really bad.
- (2020-11-08) Python1144: Can't even open it until restarting my chromebook. Even then it didn't bother to open properly. I had it on my pc up until it was time to export, when I hit export it told me to wait while it renders, fine by me, up until it estimates 80 days and I didn't see that little thing there for 3 days.
- (2020-10-07) Ursula Steingart: me hizo perder unas cuantas horas el openshot online, y no pude guardar ni recuperar mi trabajo. una porqueria. se colgaba todo el tiempo y lentisimo para subir un video de la compu (unas 6 hs para un video de 4 minutos)
- (2020-09-25) Maily Noguera A.: Horriblee
- (2020-09-21) Gamer Girl: Es FEISIMO ESTA MUY LAGEADO! NECESITAN ARREGLAR
- (2020-09-06) Evangelismo online: bom
- (2020-08-18) Stephen Sloan: OpenShot is a great video editor. This version is out of date and doesn't work well. I would love to have a solid online instance of OpenShot, this isn't it.
- (2020-08-08) Mateo Zambrano: es el peor programa que e visto en toda mi vida
- (2020-08-05) 王玫瑾: no voice
- (2020-08-05) ꧁༆Fzim_Mods༒꧂: tb achei %)
- (2020-07-20) Doris Peña: muy bien
- (2020-07-14) silvia quiñonez: ME ES UTIL, LO ESTOY APRENDIENDO A USAR
- (2020-07-08) Abigail Martinez: it doesnt work
- (2020-07-03) Oscar Martínez: Serà?
- (2020-06-25) FD TV SHOWS: loll good app
- (2020-04-14) Maco488: You can't even put in a video from your computer the one thing you need to edit a video.
- (2020-04-05) luiz carlos da silva: otimo!
- (2020-03-31) Jennie Lorene: Stupid
- (2020-03-18) Fort Mc Hopper: It was annoying couldn't edit vids
- (2020-03-17) EE64: hate it
- (2020-03-08) Animal home channel: ok its cool to ue
- (2020-03-07) Rail Knowledge: NICE
- (2020-02-20) Adler SG: voy a probarlo
- (2020-02-02) Dirk Mittler: In the past, I've always wondered why the dev behind OpenShot was spending so much time, attempting to port his application to platforms other than Linux. Natively, I am running version 2.4.4 from an 'app image', which is an even-higher version, than what the Debian Multimedia Repositories offer under Debian 9 / Stretch. And on some occasions, the port has failed miserably, such as the port to Windows... What has now happened is, that the ambitious project is taking place, to host a variety of Linux applications in the form of Web-applications, available to Chrome OS. The resulting portal is actually named "Offidocs", and 'OpenShot Mobile' has become a part of that. This means that, much as other users have complained, the user needs to set up his Offidocs, File Manager with a password, before he or she can really begin using OpenShot. The way to do that is, actually to log out of the File Manager with the exit icon, and then to log back in, either to the User ID used before, or to another User ID that has no password set, but this time to set a password. The User IDs are disposable, so there is no option to change an existing password, other than, to empty the folders of the current User ID, and then just to create a new one. The user has the option of linking this Cloud app to his Google Drive. Not all the Offidocs apps can be linked to GDrive. But, because doing so will give the Offidocs servers full access, as long as that Offidocs account has not been secured with a password, this would be a brain-dead thing to do, security-wise. And even if they are not linked, the option still exists to upload or download files, using the Native File Manager of the Chromebook. It might just take some added amount of time. I think that ultimate limitations may stem, from the fact that computing resources are being requested from another entity's computer - Offidocs - but that potentially, the end-user is not paying for this service directly. In fact, a 15-second time-delay has been introduced, before the Web app actually launches, just to thwart possible spamming by hostile computers. AFAICT, the system seems to work well, given what it aims to do. But the OpenShot Mobile version is presently 'only' 1.4.3 . Well, while that's not as good as 2.4.4, it's still better than nothing. During my recent tests, I needed to remind myself how to do things with v1.4.3, that can be done better with version 2.4.4. But I have not yet gotten OpenShot Mobile to crash. Hint: All versions of OpenShot that I know are temperamental, in that if bad parameters are chosen to output a video to, the application will in fact crash. For that reason, always save your work, before generating a video to export to. Dirk
- (2020-01-23) Aniya Turner: it looks older than windows 2000. why!
- (2020-01-16) Amelia P: it looks and works like a 90's computer program
- (2019-12-25) Joe’s Channel: Serves absolutely no function beyond being a wall of ads.
- (2019-07-18) Kimberly Santana: way too complicated and the text is too small
- (2019-07-03) علي الطيب: حلو
- (2019-06-14) محمود الاهنومي: نجرب
- (2019-06-06) -FlowOfTheSnow-: Yea this app is So confusing and Useless Nobody use This, I tried to add my Videos and it didn't Let me Don't waste your Time on this app I Hate it I Would Rather Defuse a Bomb under Pressure >:(
- (2019-05-09) Sanderpiil: den virker ikke
- (2019-05-08) Andrew Double: Useless. All it did was open a file manager. The editor wasn't even Openshot and what was there was unusable.
- (2019-05-02) afattypatty: it asked me for nudes
- (2019-03-12) Miner _G: This one is horrible, i personally do not advise downloading a video editor from the chrome web store, I use https://panzoid.com/ it is free, and the video goes up to 10 for free on cloud render, devise render is free if you can wait a half hour to export a 10 sec vid....
- (2019-03-12) Michael Rossi: waste of time, no instructions, too difficult to use
- (2019-03-10) valw
- (2019-03-04) doin me a bamboozle: i cried i was so frustRATED DO NOT USE THIS
- (2019-02-21) Norah Daniel: I did not like this at all. It was actually not that bad in the beginning but when i tried to upload that video to youtube it said that it wont work so i really don't like this app if anyone is seeing the reviews and wants to try it i am going to say its not going to be professional like other editors it is going to be old school and you most likely wont like it.
- (2019-02-05) FootballHERO: I worked on a video for 2+ hours for a project that I had coming up. The video maker itself works just fine but I can't import it. It won't download with that my ENTIRE project will be deleted. I even tried converting it on a different website but the file it produces does not convert
- (2019-02-04) Aram Oarcea: Less than useless. Does nothing but wastes time. The least a video editing tool can do is to crop videoclips... This one can't even do that. And it's not the length, I tried to cut clips to as little as 10 seconds. After "Working on it" for 10 minutes it gives the message : "Video with error We could not create your video." Last update is in 2017, I think. Until they fix it, skip this one.
- (2019-01-29) so much adds and confusing
- (2019-01-10) Lider Izquierdo: bueno
- (2018-12-18) Dinesh Pandya: good app, usefull
- (2018-11-05) Marcus Breathnach: what a waste of megabytes
- (2018-09-04) Deusdete muniz de almeida filho: muito bom
- (2018-09-03) Noelani Norris: Its really bad don't get it
- (2018-09-03) Rubenprrro03: esta bastante bien pero no del todo
- (2018-09-03) Evan Harblarghbaher: Can't edit anything over 5M. That's less than a 5 minute video!
- (2018-07-30) christopher becerril: ESPERO SEA LO BIUENO ESTE PROGRAMA A PROBARLO OKI SALUDOS
- (2019-08-10, v:2.2.5) Tom Wachs: mp4 compatibility
"OpenShot does not support this file type" Using OpenShot chrome extension 2.2.5 on acer chromebook. Get the above message when trying to import my mp4 video. The myvideo.mp4 file can successfully be imported so do not understand why I am having this problem.
- (2019-06-09, v:2.2.5) Gustavo Adolfo Sánchez: solicitud
me ayudan a saber como utilizar esta app? gracias
- (2018-10-07, v:2.2.5) تثبيت البرامج على الجهاز
لا استطيع تثبيت البرنامج
- (2018-08-12, v:2.2.5) AJ Anderson: google
como el pago
- (2018-06-30, v:2.2.5) fifb'"iofbi"rgbi'o
je veux désinstaller
- (2018-06-24, v:2.2.5) gh
What do you mean by: can you read the chronology?
- (2018-05-20, v:2.2.5) Bree: LISTEN TO MEEEE!!!!!!
don't add to chrome
- (2018-05-07, v:2.2.5) b
it doesn't let me downaldo
- (2018-03-05, v:2.1.3) Gonga: -.-
Its a bad and dumb app ever
- (2018-01-05, v:1.7.5) Coby Borel: Doesn't work with Netflix
Installed this in hopes the I'd be able to watch Netflix in HD or UHD but still stuck with 720. While in Netflix when a show is playing hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D to see what you are streaming at. This short cut works in Edge as well.
- (2017-12-30, v:1.7.5) Cole Watson: whats good
so i want to start editing videos. Whats a good video editor to download if this one doesn't work. i have a chromebook