Create and edit videos with OpenShot online
The OpenShot video editor is a Chrome extension that allows to create and edit videos online. It is an integration with an OpenShot instance, which is a free and open-source video editor . It supports commonly used video codecs that are supported by FFmpeg like WebM (VP9), AVCHD (libx264), HEVC (libx265) and audio codecs like mp3 (libmp3lame) and aac (libfaac). The program can render MPEG4, ogv, Blu-ray and DVD video, and Full HD videos for uploading to the internet video websites. OpenShot main features are - Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg). - Unlimited tracks / layers. - Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, rotation, and cutting. - Video transitions with real-time previews. - Compositing, image overlays, watermarks. - Title templates, title creation, sub-titles. - Scrolling motion picture credits. - Solid color clips (including alpha compositing). - Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences. - Advanced Timeline (including Drag & drop, scrolling, panning, zooming, and snapping). - Video encoding (based on FFmpeg). - Digital zooming of video clips. - Time-mapping and Speed changes on clips (slow/fast, forward/backward, etc...) - Custom transition lumas and masks. - Audio mixing and editing. - Digital video effects, including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key. (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and many more. In order to handle the video compositions this extension includes the following functionality over the files used by this extension: - Personal files and directories in the Cloud. - Operations with files and folders: copy, move, upload, create folder/file, etc - Search for files. This is not a video player, it is a video editor, so do not expect great quality when playing video or audio. Download locally the video composed by OpenShot to play it with the right quality. This OpenShot Video Editor extension uses the platform http://www.offidocs.com.
- (2020-07-08) Abigail Martinez: it doesnt work
- (2020-07-03) Oscar Martínez: Serà?
- (2020-06-25) chilove bernard: loll good app
- (2020-04-14) OBESE KAT: You can't even put in a video from your computer the one thing you need to edit a video.
- (2020-04-05) luiz carlos da silva: otimo!
- (2020-03-31) Jennie Lorene: Stupid
- (2020-03-18) Icysnow240: It was annoying couldn't edit vids
- (2020-03-17) I'mBadAtVideoGames: hate it
- (2020-03-08) Animal home channel: ok its cool to ue
- (2020-03-07) Rail Knowledge: NICE
- (2020-02-20) Adlersito Sosa: voy a probarlo
- (2020-02-02) Dirk Mittler: In the past, I've always wondered why the dev behind OpenShot was spending so much time, attempting to port his application to platforms other than Linux. Natively, I am running version 2.4.4 from an 'app image', which is an even-higher version, than what the Debian Multimedia Repositories offer under Debian 9 / Stretch. And on some occasions, the port has failed miserably, such as the port to Windows... What has now happened is, that the ambitious project is taking place, to host a variety of Linux applications in the form of Web-applications, available to Chrome OS. The resulting portal is actually named "Offidocs", and 'OpenShot Mobile' has become a part of that. This means that, much as other users have complained, the user needs to set up his Offidocs, File Manager with a password, before he or she can really begin using OpenShot. The way to do that is, actually to log out of the File Manager with the exit icon, and then to log back in, either to the User ID used before, or to another User ID that has no password set, but this time to set a password. The User IDs are disposable, so there is no option to change an existing password, other than, to empty the folders of the current User ID, and then just to create a new one. The user has the option of linking this Cloud app to his Google Drive. Not all the Offidocs apps can be linked to GDrive. But, because doing so will give the Offidocs servers full access, as long as that Offidocs account has not been secured with a password, this would be a brain-dead thing to do, security-wise. And even if they are not linked, the option still exists to upload or download files, using the Native File Manager of the Chromebook. It might just take some added amount of time. I think that ultimate limitations may stem, from the fact that computing resources are being requested from another entity's computer - Offidocs - but that potentially, the end-user is not paying for this service directly. In fact, a 15-second time-delay has been introduced, before the Web app actually launches, just to thwart possible spamming by hostile computers. AFAICT, the system seems to work well, given what it aims to do. But the OpenShot Mobile version is presently 'only' 1.4.3 . Well, while that's not as good as 2.4.4, it's still better than nothing. During my recent tests, I needed to remind myself how to do things with v1.4.3, that can be done better with version 2.4.4. But I have not yet gotten OpenShot Mobile to crash. Hint: All versions of OpenShot that I know are temperamental, in that if bad parameters are chosen to output a video to, the application will in fact crash. For that reason, always save your work, before generating a video to export to. Dirk
- (2020-01-23) Aniya Turner: it looks older than windows 2000. why!
- (2020-01-16) Amelia P.: it looks and works like a 90's computer program
- (2019-12-25) Joe’s Channel: Serves absolutely no function beyond being a wall of ads.
- (2019-07-18) Kimberly Santana: way too complicated and the text is too small
- (2019-07-03) علي الطيب: حلو
- (2019-06-14) محمود الاهنومي: نجرب
- (2019-06-06) -FlowOfTheSnow-: Yea this app is So confusing and Useless Nobody use This, I tried to add my Videos and it didn't Let me Don't waste your Time on this app I Hate it I Would Rather Defuse a Bomb under Pressure >:(
- (2019-05-09) Sanderpiil: den virker ikke
- (2019-05-08) Andrew Double: Useless. All it did was open a file manager. The editor wasn't even Openshot and what was there was unusable.
- (2019-05-02) afattypatty: it asked me for nudes
- (2019-03-12) Miner _G: This one is horrible, i personally do not advise downloading a video editor from the chrome web store, I use https://panzoid.com/ it is free, and the video goes up to 10 for free on cloud render, devise render is free if you can wait a half hour to export a 10 sec vid....
- (2019-03-12) Michael Rossi: waste of time, no instructions, too difficult to use
- (2019-03-10) valw
- (2019-08-10, v:2.2.5) Tom Wachs: mp4 compatibility
"OpenShot does not support this file type" Using OpenShot chrome extension 2.2.5 on acer chromebook. Get the above message when trying to import my mp4 video. The myvideo.mp4 file can successfully be imported so do not understand why I am having this problem.
- (2019-06-09, v:2.2.5) Gustavo Adolfo Sánchez: solicitud
me ayudan a saber como utilizar esta app? gracias
- (2018-10-07, v:2.2.5) تثبيت البرامج على الجهاز
لا استطيع تثبيت البرنامج
- (2018-08-12, v:2.2.5) AJ Anderson: google
como el pago
- (2018-06-30, v:2.2.5) fifb'"iofbi"rgbi'o
je veux désinstaller
- (2018-06-24, v:2.2.5) gh
What do you mean by: can you read the chronology?
- (2018-05-20, v:2.2.5) Breeona Jackson: LISTEN TO MEEEE!!!!!!
don't add to chrome
- (2018-05-07, v:2.2.5) b
it doesn't let me downaldo
- (2018-03-05, v:2.1.3) The loser: -.-
Its a bad and dumb app ever
- (2018-01-05, v:1.7.5) Coby Borel: Doesn't work with Netflix
Installed this in hopes the I'd be able to watch Netflix in HD or UHD but still stuck with 720. While in Netflix when a show is playing hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D to see what you are streaming at. This short cut works in Edge as well.