Custom keyboard shortcuts for your browser
- (2020-01-14) Abel V: I tried to get rid off the built in Command+Shift+C shortcut (map it to do nothing), but it does not work. It seems that it does not save it and or it does not work on certain sites (although set to work on all sites).
- (2020-01-07) Rebecca Simon: This gets 3 stars because it's made work somewhat more seamless, but I mainly paid for this to block certain shortcuts and so far it has yet to actually deliver on that front. Googled a bunch of blog articles on how to disable extensions in Chrome and they all pointed here and warned that a page refresh is necessary after saving/disabling new extensions, but that hasn't worked either. Disappointed but giving 3 stars since the main purpose is in saving extensions, not blocking them.
- (2020-01-01) E. P.: Очень нужная вещь, спасибо!
- (2019-12-27) VJ: I used this plugin to run a script to do my daily job but it doesn't work any more after the auto update. And I don't even know what cause this.
- (2019-12-24) JO JO: 12.23最新版本更新后就不能用了
- (2019-12-24) Nils Trieu: I'm using the newest version. Custom shortcut for "LOCATION: Search Google for selected text" doesn't work as usual. Please fix it.
- (2019-12-24) love win: 更新后非常好用!!!
- (2019-12-22) Yaniv Dayan: excellent extension! could be nice if add "translate in google translate" (like the shortcut "search in google")
- (2019-12-21) Riding Solo: A google search states this software you wrote can remove google chrome function key shortcuts but all I've seen in every single setting is add a shortcut. Awful search engine description on how to remove chromes function keys using this software.
- (2019-12-12) Jeremy Walker: This *was* a really cool extension. But the author introduced a major bug in it, which introduces incredibly difficult to track down errors on every page. This was reported in JANUARY 2019 (https://github.com/mikecrittenden/shortkeys/issues/235) and they've done nothing to fix it. Most likely the dev has died or abandoned the project :(
- (2019-11-24) chibikTLT: Thaaaaaaank you, this application exists! There's that site with text work that has pre-installed really helpful hotkeys, but one most commonly used of them is alt+f... There are tons of text to work with. I went mad clicking the function button with my mouse for every sentence I write instead of just hotkeying it. Thank you, thank you very much, now I can use that site properly. God! THANKS!
- (2019-11-24) Krunir Krunir: просто не работает, назначил одно сочетание, искомое действие не происходит. кроме того, выпадающий список действий пустой - действия не отображаются, хотя видны по одному в окоше выбора если просто стрелкой перебирать. прописывание вручную клавиш - прошлый век, должна быть возможность выбора клавиши из списка, иначе непонятно вообще корректно введено или нет.
- (2019-11-19) edit cue: 这个功能，完全可以做爬虫工具了，厉害
- (2019-11-17) Zac Thornton: Doesn't work. I was trying to add some of my own keybinds and disable others and the "behaviors" drop down just shows up as a black square with nothing in it.
- (2019-11-17) Ilias Ephec: Vraiment très utile, mais a un bug dans la section "behaviour" ces temps-ci. Ce bug est cependant évitable.
- (2019-11-16) David B: Useless. Doesn't work on MacBook Pro. Can't even enter any shortcuts into the shortcut window. Trying to DISABLE the zoom functions in Chrome and this app does nothing to make that possible.
- (2019-11-15) Winter: it's not work in new version
- (2019-10-09) Jt Aj: this can easily be 5 but gave it 3 if the keys can be done so that they work with unloaded tabs and with global key (within chrome at least) examples here: - duplicate tab and previous tab do not work when tab is unloaded, and when address bar highlighted. meaning if chrome thinks you selected address bar section it'll think you are trying to enter address thus rendering these short cuts unusable. - if the tab is not yet loaded (open a new and loaded previous session) you cannot use previous tab. "previous tab" will work only after tabs are loaded. - if theres somethign like "chrome://extensions/" as one of the tab or "chrome://flags/" etc tab mixed in there, it will allow ctrl + TAB to go next tab but disallow "previous tab" to work and i think it doesnt recognize that as a tab but rather as a setting within chrome. once these are fixed, easily 5 stars.
- (2019-10-04) Петр Кириллов: This REALLY works! This is the only extension, and I went over a bunch of them, which could change the hotkeys in chrome !! Chrome has become very good lately, the jade is a little smarter than the Opera, and the only thing that didn’t suit me was that you can’t edit the hot keys of windows and tabs, specifically cntrl+n bind to open a new tab, not windows, but now everything works, thank you developer!! I just want to add that you need to assign keys in the settings of the chrome itself: extensions / hot keys, it only works for me ..
- (2019-10-01) Casey Dennison: all I want is to have a quick shortcut for "Open Bookmarks Bar" I don't get why you excluded unfortunately the only one I'm seeking
- (2019-09-30) Zane Claes: This extension has been broken since early 2019, which causes it to break many websites you may visit when it is enabled. It was never updated for the Google Chrome security patch, as documented in this github issue on the extension developer's homepage, thus causing any website using CORS scripts to not function: https://github.com/mikecrittenden/shortkeys/issues/235
- (2019-09-11) Lava master: Very nice so far
- (2019-09-08) Kyle Brownell: A little tricky to get working - the FAQ needs updating I'd say. But it's exactly what I needed!
- (2017-11-14, v:2.0.17) Bartek: Ctrl+1,2,3 shortcut opening specific site
What script should I make to open specific url with ctrl+number shortcut?
- (2017-11-11, v:2.0.17) Michael Robar: How to get it to funcftion
Sir, I have created shortcuts of <backspace> and <ctrl>+<backspace> both set to GO BACK but neither will function. It is marked as enabled in the [manage extensions] section ov Chrome and the websites option is set to [all websites. What am I missing?
- (2017-11-03, v:2.0.17) Keypad keybinds
Hi I'm currently using a corsair mouse with 12 buttons on the side for gaming. I have mute/unmute bound to ctrl+keypad + but this activates zoom in if im in chrome obviously..... I can disable ctrl+ just fine but the keypad+ is still not being blocked, probably a simple fix I'm missing How do I go about disabling the keypad +?
- (2017-11-02, v:2.0.17) Rishabh Bhardwaj: disable f12
I want to disable f12 shortcut which opens developer tools. how to do it?
- (2017-10-21, v:2.0.17) Benedetta Pollastrini: ctrl shift Q
What this should do?
- (2017-10-03, v:2.0.17) Keyboard to Keyboard Shortcut
- (2017-10-03, v:2.0.17) Ron Klein: import/export settings
allowing to import/export the settings can save much time when i want to share a friend with my short-keys or when installing chrome on another machine
- (2017-09-29, v:2.0.17) Marcelo Ferrari: How to add a specific command?
Hello! I'd like to run a command with a link when I click at it holding a combination of keys. I'd like to open the link in application mode so a image, for instance, wouldn't have any borders.
- (2017-09-27, v:2.0.17) Prakash Palanisamy: Firefox
Thank you for the helpful app!. Is there anything for Mozilla browser?
- (2017-09-26, v:2.0.17) Damien Theophano: not working
I tried several key commands and none work. Do I need to change a Chrome setting somewhere or is this just junk?