Provides keyboard shortcuts in the Google Translate™ page.
This extension provides keyboard shortcuts in the Google Translate™ page. [key]s are customizable.(at options page) alt (+ shift) + [key]s are bound to each indexed button. shift + enter is bound to the translate button. default settings are [Win] lang swap -> Alt + 0 lang1 -> Alt + 1 lang2 -> Alt + 2 lang3 -> Alt + 3 lang4 -> Alt + 4 lang5 -> Alt + 5 lang6 -> Alt + 6 lang7 -> Alt + 7 lang list(source) -> Alt + 8 lang list(target) -> Alt + 9 source delete -> Alt + d source microphone -> Alt + m source listen -> Alt + Shift + l show virtual keyboard -> (no default but customizable) input tools -> (no default but customizable) result select all -> Alt + a result copy -> Alt + c result listen -> Alt + l suggest edit -> (no default but customizable) save to phrasebook -> Alt + p focus to source input -> Alt + f translate -> Shift + Enter [Mac] use [Option] or [Control] instead of [Alt] welcome feedback, comments and suggestion. (twitter) @yamayamayamaji (github) https://github.com/yamayamayamaji/Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Google-Translate ** donations are greatly appreciated ** BTC: 1C3U2Qnaq9Y9BaYvjVGTpBqSBCaJa1j8KQ ETH: 0x97bdF0aE580649980494256F2Bec204Db2a6029b XEM: NCCCWD-QRSGBW-VAUYQM-SXYAPX-KPXV6H-24LR4O-MQ6N - https://pledgie.com/campaigns/30417 (Pledgie has closed on February 8, 2018.)
- (2019-12-10) Xingming Chen: Great plugins, very helpfull when need quick access to google translate.
- (2019-11-22) 秦健: Its very useful,but when i use alt+l to speak the source ,its the result come out and the alt+i lose its function.i do not know whether is my only problem but pc keyboard is non-broken.
- (2019-11-03) Николай Жирнов: Thanks,great extension! Could you please add a shortcut for virtual keyboard?
- (2019-10-31) Benny: MAJOR timesaver, works perfectly, no complaints! Thank you!
- (2019-05-26) Bulent Erdemir: Very useful extension. Thank you very much. I'd like to propose a feature. Google Translate would not specifiy the Artikel of the German Nouns so I have to go to dict.cc every time to figure out what the Artikel is. It's be useful to add a feature, which opens a new tab with a custom URL tied to a shortcut key. The URL would be programmable and we'd then construct a url like: https://www.dict.cc/?s=Nachricht Here, we're telling dict.cc to look up the word Nachricht. Regards, Bulent
- (2019-04-08) Gandalf Saxe: Extremely useful, works great! Thank you very much for making it.
- (2019-04-07) Phuong Tran: Love it! But the icon is not very nice
- (2019-03-24) DAI Xiang: Save loads of time and clicks for everyday users!
- (2019-01-22) Bart van Poll: Thank you so much! Major timesaver for me and works flawless!
- (2018-12-17) David Jong: Thank you for making this extension. It's so convenient to use. However, the "save to phrasebook" function key doesn't work for the new version of Google Translate. Could you please check it out?
- (2018-12-09) David Nunes: That's amazing! Translations and learning are FASTER than ever.
- (2018-12-04) David Stafford: Awesome extension. If you're having problems with the new version, go ahead and reinstall it.
- (2018-12-03) I love this extension, it saves me sooo much time translating between languages. I would be happy to donate a few dollars for this extension. It seems to work with the new version of Google Translate! Awesome work! how can I give you money?
- (2018-12-03) Jan Sindelar: An excellent extension for us who hate mouse clicking and need to work efficiently!
- (2018-12-03) Yang Jk: very nice, especially for keyboard user!
- (2018-11-30) Álvaro Suárez Trabanco: Hi! Now that google translate has changed the extension is not working anymore and I absolutely loved it. Do you plan to update it? thanks!
- (2018-11-30) Chen TK: Good but the keyboard shortcuts can't match the latest version of google translate
- (2018-11-29) Xing Shi Cai: This was a great plugin before Google changed the interface. Can you fix it? I am willing to donate some money!
- (2018-11-29) Arif Billah: This is a super handy extension. I love it a lot. However, Google seems to have updated their interface recently. So please update the extension making it compatible with the new interface of Google translate.
- (2018-11-27) Nikita Karatun: That is great! Many thanks! Got really annoyed to touch mouse each time I need to translate, thankfully there is such a great extension! Wonder why they have not added hotkeys to the translator itself seems to be obvious feature.
- (2018-11-17) Adrien Tannhof: It is really exceptional. Thank you so much. I hope there will be an update for the last google translate version.
- (2018-11-13) Mark Turner: This is a super helpful extension. Thanks so much for making it!
- (2018-11-01) Kamil Nguyễn Văn: Great extension. I love it. I have a feature request though. When you input Chinese characters (or other languages written with non-latin script) you can see a transcription below the input. Could you add a shortcut for copying it to the clipboard?
- (2018-09-01) ᴁ_ᴓᴙ_ ᶆ: thank you so much
- (2018-04-24) Shawn Lian: Nice!
- (2019-09-16, v:188.8.131.52) Luca90: modify translation
Could you add a shortcut to modify the translation. it is one of the few buttons that doesn't have a shortcut. thank you and have a great day!
- (2019-07-14, v:184.108.40.206) Андрей Хачатурян: extension does not work
extension does not work
- (2019-05-26, v:220.127.116.11) Bulent Erdemir: URL redirect to look up the word in another online dictionary (mainly for determining Articles)
Hi, This is a very useful extension. Thank you very much. I'd like to propose a feature. Google Translate would not specifiy the Artikel of the German Nouns so I have to go to dict.cc every time to figure out what the Artikel is. It's be useful to add a feature, which opens a new tab with a custom URL tied to a shortcut key. The URL would be programmable and we'd then construct a url like: https://www.dict.cc/?s=Nachricht Here, we're telling dict.cc to look up the word Nachricht. Regards, Bulent
- (2019-02-17, v:18.104.22.168) Failure
It doesnt work at all. I was looking for listening shortcut but I have failed. It seems nothing work. It would be very helpful have such shortcut.
- (2018-12-21, v:22.214.171.124) Andy Tzeng: Alt+C and Alt+I must be refreshed?
After pasting context to translation, "Alt+C" and "Alt+I" don't show automatically. But after pressing "F5", then they show up. I would appreciate it if you could fix this problem.
- (2018-12-09, v:126.96.36.199) David Nunes: One shortcut not working now
After the last Google Translate update, the shortcut for "listen the translation"[Pivot + S] is no longer working.
- (2018-12-01, v:188.8.131.52) Silver Zachara: Little UI improvements
Hi, I reloaded google translate now and see that you updated your extension, thank you, your fix was superb and super fast. I want to propose some changes, text is too large, can you make it smaller? Second thing is I want to ask you, if you can wrap it in span tag with some class, so I can customize a look by myself ( i'm using Tampermonkey extension for this purposes ). Thank you for reply.
- (2018-11-30, v:184.108.40.206) Arif Billah: Add the option to remove shortcut markers
Please add the option to remove shortcut markers from the UI. It diminishes the beauty of the new translate UI. Thank you.
- (2018-11-29, v:220.127.116.11) Arif Billah: New Google Translate UI. Please update the extension.
Google seems to have updated their Translate user interface. The extension does not work any more. Please update the extension making it compatible with the new Translate interface.
- (2018-11-29, v:18.104.22.168) Magnus Sullivan: Update needed for new Google Translate
Google has changed the layout of Translate so the extension doesn't work anymore. I hope you will be able to update it so that it works because I love this tool. Thanks