Listen to your web
After Announcify conquered Android™ phones, it's now here to announcify your life at Google Chrome™. Announcify reads out loud every website you want. For example, if you're too tired but still need to study one more Wikipedia entry, Announcify can help your tired eyes relax. What others say about this extension: "This is a handy extension that will let you rest your tired eyes and at the same time, let you learn new stuff. This extension is similar to Chrome Speak that we previously covered, but is much easier to use, as it automatically reads out the entire page without requiring you to select text, so sit back and relax and listen to all those lengthy articles with Announcify." - AddictiveTips, http://goo.gl/LwSuG "Announcify is free and really handy for those times when your eyes are too tired but you're still eager to read." - Lifehacker, http://goo.gl/5xRPE This extension was built during the GTUG Vienna Chrome Hackathon on 29.10.2011 together with Dominic Bartl and Kariem Hussein. It's made possible by technology provided by Diffbot (http://www.diffbot.com/) - thank you! This extension is open source. More information at http://announcify.com/ Google Chrome™ browser is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2021-07-24) Carlos Lucioni: se corta la voz a poco de empezar a leer el texto. Antes funcionaba perfecto pero parece que ahora no les importa más a los desarrolladores el funcionamiento de esta extensión
- (2021-03-25) angele fabry: super pratique
- (2019-03-16) Omega tester: insulting.....
- (2018-03-12) Oana Cristina: it isn't working
- (2017-09-25) L M: Very usefull - Continue
- (2017-08-23) Alain Mazy: Pal mal, mais rien n'est jamais parfait. Ici la voix reste encore fort syntétique. mais bon c'est bien quand même. ;)
- (2017-03-02) Horrible, wont even load the page I want it to read. Does not work at all and I cant imagine how it is even an option to download. I need an app that will read text from a website so I can study while I am doing other things. Would be a great study tool if it worked, I sure wish someone would perfect this idea.
- (2017-01-31) Lauren Newman: This app stops reading after a few sentences. I tried changing the default voice - still does it in any language. Needs to be fixed. Would be a great app.
- (2017-01-31) Jose María Velazquez: No funciona, cuando lo quiero activar queda mostrando la barra de avance. No da ningún mensaje de error ni de espera. No me gustó para nada.
- (2017-01-13) S Morden: stops reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrent_neural_network 44 words in at "their"
- (2017-01-09) Chad Jones: Just didn't work. Can't really say much else, because it would not work at all. Bummer, because it sounded awesome on a review I read.
- (2016-07-21) nick loss: used to agree with other commenters re: cuts out after reading the first few sentences.. THEN i realized that I needed to play around with options and change the "voice" ... apparently not all TTS voice engines are built equally.. Announcify cuts out with the default voice option on my browser.. I changed it from the Google US default to the iSpeech one I had previously added to chrome and TA-DA. Works beautifully.... hopefully this can help a few other users that have encountered the same problem
- (2016-06-29) Aur Ore: Début prometteur mais ne marche pas avec certains sites et s'arrête après quelques lignes, dommage :'-(
- (2016-05-21) IdafeH Plata: Se corta al poco tiempo de empezar a leer y la voz de Google en español suena muy tonta.
- (2016-04-25) sade tia: I love the idea of the extension, and when i first tried it, it was good until it just stopped mid sentence. It doesn't read the whole paragraph which is very frustrating. I don't know if it has a certain limit of words it can it, which causes it to stop.
- (2016-03-15) Souvik Biswas: it works 4 me
- (2016-03-08) John Doe: Too slow
- (2016-01-24) Brynn Weiss: Okay, so my law teacher recommended this extension last year, but I just recently got around to using it. Honestly, I'm not sure why she recommended it, as it just does not work. It only reads the first few sentences of a text, and then cuts out. Why? What's the point of that? If you really want an app that reads to you, don't use this. You might as well just highlight the text and use the speaking function that comes with Macs (which is terrible as well, but at least it will read the whole text). To summarize, great idea, but poor execution.
- (2016-01-20) +Good idea - Not working on every page - No regular updates
- (2015-12-29) Troy Fergus: Like everyone else is saying it only reads the beginning of texts. There needs to be a way to slect text directly. App is useless until we have that ability.
- (2015-11-24) X Mach: 分段显示非常棒，但是只能读一小段:( 可以试一试另一个talking web （哦 对了使用的语言是中文
- (2015-10-25) T-Monkey The Tech Junkie: I like it. But it needs to be able to read not just text but code as well.
- (2015-10-20) Janette Barela: Only reads one paragraph and then stops. I liked what it did read, just need it to read the entire thing
- (2015-10-09) Islam Huawei: it's useful, exactly what i need, but it stops working suddenly without any reason.
- (2015-09-13) Marripelly Raju: stops in the middle
- (2015-09-05) Stish Stash: Doesn't read google docs :(
- (2015-08-20) Alex Richman: It is broken and has been for a while. It seems to stop in the middle or at the end of long paragraphs as though there is some sort of character limit. It seems this might be a problem with Chrome's TTS api though since other TTS extensions seem to be having the same problem. It also will skip paragraphs when using the forward or back buttons. Seems the developer might have given up on this project. Which is sad since this was one of my favorite Chrome extensions.
- (2021-01-29, v:0.2.2) ColaCru850: extract new beats
tryin toi open a zip folder i jus got that has a lot of new frre beats
- (2020-01-28, v:0.2.2) Kristin Sordi: COPPA and Privacy
- (2019-02-25, v:0.2.2) Pamela Weisbrod: Announcify on Chromebooks
Can Announcify be used on Acer Chromebooks? So far, I've had no luck having this ext work. What do I need to do setting-wise and such to enable Announcify to work?
- (2018-01-16, v:0.2.2) Stefano Di Matteo: blocco della lettura
si blocca dopo qualche riga che legge un'articolo di un blog in internet, anche dopo averlo riavviato si blocca sempre allo stesso punto
- (2017-09-21, v:0.2.2) Michael Heyes: TTS
What TTS extension do you recommend for students to use on Chromebooks?
- (2017-05-11, v:0.2.2) announcify
not letting me download it
- (2017-02-07, v:0.2.2) Luis García: No funciona correctamente.
Es una gran idea y el modo como debe de funcionar, pero la app solo lee las primeras frases y se detiene. Podrian arreglarlo.
- (2017-01-31, v:0.2.2) Lauren Newman: Cuts off
Cuts off after a couple of sentences. Doesn't work. Tried multiple websites.
- (2016-12-14, v:0.2.2) doesn't always work
We looked at some sites the the app will not read. Example, Bureau of Justice Statistics. Love the app when it works. Can you help solve this non-reading mystery? Thanks.
- (2016-12-06, v:0.2.2) math
Hey i am so happy that I have to go to the chrome web so i can just get some apps.
- (2016-12-02, v:0.2.2) Manuel Soler Puerto: need selected text
hi, a necessary option is to speech the selected text, no the entire page (on more aticles only speah a block of text), please implement this
- (2016-11-13, v:0.2.2) Fabio Costantini: costo
Qual'è il prezzo di questa estensione?
- (2016-10-19, v:0.2.2) Speed of Reading
Is there a way to change the speed of the voice reading the webpage.