Provides a right click context menu to get stats on the selected text
Word Counter Plus is a simple and useful tool that lets you views stats on selected text. Simply highlight some text on a webpage, right click on it, and select the Word Counter Plus menu item. It will tell you the number of words and characters selected as well as the average and longest word length. Unlike similar word counting extensions, this one does not open an external webpage just to do the counting, nor does it require any permissions.
- (2020-01-12) Alex Wade: the Word Counter Plus extension is a life saver. While writing if I am unsure this extension saves me the hassle of finding that perfect word.
- (2019-09-04) Кибер Воин: Шикарный плагин, большое спасибо разработчикам! / I like this Plugin very much! Thanks a lot to developers!
- (2019-06-19) Stuart Mould: Does what it says on the tin, provides right-click word counting.
- (2019-03-18) Ahmad Farhan: Bermanfaat sekali. Sangat membantu saya ketika menulis sebuah artikel di Blogger.
- (2019-01-13) Melvin MacDonald: Does not function in the text boxes used in my university when submitting online homework assignments. This is the reason I downloaded it in the first place, so I could make sure I was hitting the minimum word count when doing these assignments.
- (2019-01-10) Raina Suominen: No permissions needed
- (2019-01-07) Arif Billah: Would not have removed had it used notifications instead of alerts. I have to click "OK" everytime. Irritating.
- (2018-12-07) funny cats: Good, it would be perfect if there are keyboard shortcuts
- (2018-12-02) Cam Nut: Just what I needed, thanks bro
- (2018-11-25) Rupam Ganguly: Awesome tool!!
- (2018-09-25) Raayz: Good work
- (2018-09-12) Ashley Kimler: This is the best word counter tool I've found -- It doesn't open a new window, it's super convenient, and it saves me a ton of time.
- (2018-06-11) Dwayne Reid: Simple and easy to use.
- (2018-06-04) roosterpet: Иногда функция расширения не появляется при нажатии пкм. Нужно переустанавливать расширение целиком. Неудобно.
- (2018-05-14) Zihan Zheng: doesn't work in textbox
- (2018-04-07) Saif Ziya: Great work! Keep it up! Before I found this, I had to copy the content from the Web and paste it into the MS Word in order to find out the length of the article. Your extension has made my day!
- (2018-03-19) Samrat Biswas: IT,S work really nice
- (2018-01-23) Tech Bangla: Working good.
- (2018-01-21) Jordan Melecio™: Simple & effective, the extension allows you to count selectable text in browser pages via a mouse's right-click contextual menu. It does need more counter stats, such as differentiating counted characters w/ spaces & without - doing so will quickly pull it up the level of MS Word's Word Count tool in usability (esp. in transcription-based functionalities)
- (2018-01-05) Thiago Villa: It'd be perfect if, like Google Translate's Chrome extension, it'd show the word count as soon as we selected the text.
- (2017-10-25) Kimberly Garay: Right what I needed
- (2017-08-11) Eruphu Norinagi: Love this, great having the info open in a modal window!
- (2017-07-03) Mehmet: Been looking for something like this for a while!
- (2017-06-14) Sebastien Robin: Simple and effective! Just what you are looking for. One way to make it better would be to have the word count directly next to the Word Counter Plus icon when right-clicking on the selection - it would remove a step.
- (2017-02-25) Alex Feinstein: Simple, elegant, and does exactly what it says it does. Great extension!
- (2019-10-01, v:1.2) Иоланта Иванова: Проверка текста
Здравствуйте. Скачала данное расширение, а текст проверить почему-то не могу?
- (2019-08-28, v:1.2) Sabrina H: Not working?
I installed this extension but it does not appear in my right click menu?
- (2019-01-29, v:1.2) Arkylie: Appears to count non-words as words
I use hyphens a lot -- the same as using em-dashes, but online it's faster and clearer to use double-dashes -- and my first check of your plugin, using a piece known to be 500 words long, came up with a word count of 503, which, upon a quick inspection, was inflated by the number of double dashes in the piece. I'm guessing it's from separating elements by spaces but not checking to see if the element has any letters or digits in it. You should probably also double-check to make sure it's counting em-dashes and double dashes correctly if they're touching words, as is the norm in offline printing--like this--to make sure it's not reducing the word count (erroneously counting two words separated by a double-dash as just one word). Thanks for making this!
- (2018-12-21, v:1.2) Can't get it to start!!!!
I dunno what is wrong, but i dont know how to start it. It us gray and all it says when i click it says manage and remove from chrome... plz tell me how tot start!!
- (2018-12-17, v:1.2) Not working
I can't seem to get it to work. I highlight the text and right click (on Macbook Pro) and the box doesn't pop up. Also the icon is greyed out.
- (2018-12-06, v:1.2) word counter has stopped working
Word counter plus has stopped working, no longer appears in right-click menu
- (2018-05-25, v:1.2) Jean-Marie Schloemer: Stopped working?
This seems to have stopped working? I tried on several web pages, but I can't get the entry for it to show up in the context menu anymore. It seems fine on the extensions page.
- (2018-04-15, v:1.2) Michael Abram: Top 10 Keywords
How challenging would it be to have the top 10 words used in the selected words? Listing the words and the times they are used. I could see that being helpful as a web developer.
- (2018-01-21, v:1.2) Jordan Melecio™: Character count (With & without spaces)
A little suggestion if the program allows it. Adding an additional counter for counting characters w/ & without spaces would be a welcome addition, among other things (I was comparing it to MS Word's word count counter, and the help it does when we do some transcription-based copy pasting)
- (2018-01-03, v:1.2) Reuben Dunford: not sure
im not great with computers but when i highlighted the text and right clicked it simply un-hilighted it and therefore am not really sure on how to use the extension. Any suggestions?