Provides a right click context menu to get stats on the selected text
Word Counter Plus is a simple and useful tool that lets you views stats on selected text. Simply highlight some text on a webpage, right click on it, and select the Word Counter Plus menu item. It will tell you the number of words and characters selected as well as the average and longest word length. Unlike similar word counting extensions, this one does not open an external webpage just to do the counting, nor does it require any permissions.
- (2023-11-09) Dr. Rajani K S: Did not work at all. It's just disabled. Nothing ahppens even if I click
- (2023-10-12) Seo Ums: works fine
- (2023-08-10) Roman: Doesn't work for me in Vivaldi. context menu item is there, but nothing happens when clicking it
- (2023-06-08) Raizer Bro: Awesome, it's exactly what you need and more! The benefits far outweigh the (very insignificant) cons
- (2023-05-22) Phil Kaberry: Works as advertised!
- (2023-03-27) Tony Zhu: Really need this to work for google docs.
- (2023-03-09) kashif javed: Its working 9 March, 2023 How to Use: Drag and select the Text using mouse Right Click and select Word Counter Plus and there you go.. Thanks
- (2023-02-15) Gegsoft: Mit Word Counter Plus ist es ganz einfach, auf die Schnelle rauszufinden, wie viele Wörter im markierten Text stehen. Ein echt brauchbares Tool!
- (2023-01-26) Mehnaz Rashid: this dumb thing often stops working and you have to reinstall it
- (2022-12-20) Navdeep Soni: It stopped working in 2022. Select few lines or paragraphs, it does not work.
- (2022-11-05) Zain Al Durrah: This freaking garbage does not even work it's absolute trash. do not get it
- (2022-10-05) Stéphanie McGuirt: Thanks, Steven Roberts!
- (2022-10-03) Tara S.: This extension doesn't even work! I've tried many times. Total waste of time. I guess it's because I also have and use Grammarly. But you guys should definitely fix that. Why have a counter if it doesn't work if you're already using Grammarly (a very popular writing tool).
- (2022-08-17) Tyler Knowler: easy to use and read
- (2022-07-14) VARUN KOTIAN: Simple and effective! Just what is needed, nothing more, nothing less.
- (2022-06-27) Idan Reiss: It doesn't seem to work, even after disabling the Add Blocker I select text, right-click and select Word Counter Plus and... nothing happens.
- (2021-11-24) S.L.: Simple and works. Just select text and right-click for Word Counter Plus after install and activated.
- (2021-10-25) Pat MySecret: Yet another context menu accessed counter. This one requires a right click, going to the tab, and then another right click. Cumbersome.. There are others that do it easier.
- (2021-08-18) OziFlyer: Drag a pdf into the browser and it doubles as a PDF word counter. Very useful, thanks!
- (2021-06-14) Hoor Begum: Awesome
- (2021-04-22) Lisa Kanzira: Works really well, thnx dude
- (2021-03-05) Leyon Hossain: This extension help me very much. I love it.
- (2020-12-28) Brooke Paul: Easy to use. Great. :)
- (2020-10-09) Nguyễn Đức Mạnh: I've Ctr + A and copy all text in an URL and paste to Microsoft Word 2019. It shown 847 words. But this extension show 834 words. Check this URL: https://vnm.sika.com/en/about-us/values-principles.html Why has this difference ?
- (2020-09-07) Sami Ullah Bhai: Very nice Chrome extention. I am using it and i am very happy with it. Please visit my website. https://teleshop.com.pk/
- (2020-08-12) yuqi liu: 中文用不了
- (2020-07-02) Ryan Zhen: This extension does not work on Google Docs. Unsatisfied.
- (2020-06-28) Khalid: works fine
- (2020-01-12) Alex Wade: the Word Counter Plus extension is a life saver. While writing if I am unsure this extension saves me the hassle of finding that perfect word.
- (2019-09-04) Cyber Warrior: Шикарный плагин, большое спасибо разработчикам! / I like this Plugin very much! Thanks a lot to developers!
- (2019-06-19) Stuart Mould: Does what it says on the tin, provides right-click word counting.
- (2019-03-18) Ahmad Farhan: Bermanfaat sekali. Sangat membantu saya ketika menulis sebuah artikel di Blogger.
- (2019-01-13) Melvin MacDonald: Does not function in the text boxes used in my university when submitting online homework assignments. This is the reason I downloaded it in the first place, so I could make sure I was hitting the minimum word count when doing these assignments.
- (2019-01-10) Raina Suominen: No permissions needed
- (2019-01-07) Arif Billah: Would not have removed had it used notifications instead of alerts. I have to click "OK" everytime. Irritating.
- (2018-12-07) funny cats: Good, it would be perfect if there are keyboard shortcuts
- (2018-12-02) Cam Nut: Just what I needed, thanks bro
- (2018-11-25) Rupam Ganguly: Awesome tool!!
- (2018-09-25) TechSide - Make Money Online: Good work
- (2018-09-12) Ashley Kimler: This is the best word counter tool I've found -- It doesn't open a new window, it's super convenient, and it saves me a ton of time.
- (2018-06-11) Dwayne Reid: Simple and easy to use.
- (2018-06-04) roosterpet: Иногда функция расширения не появляется при нажатии пкм. Нужно переустанавливать расширение целиком. Неудобно.
- (2018-05-14) Zihan Zheng: doesn't work in textbox
- (2018-04-07) Saif Ziya: Great work! Keep it up! Before I found this, I had to copy the content from the Web and paste it into the MS Word in order to find out the length of the article. Your extension has made my day!
- (2018-03-19) Samrat Biswas: IT,S work really nice
- (2018-01-23) Halim Meah: Working good.
- (2018-01-21) Jordan Melecio™: Simple & effective, the extension allows you to count selectable text in browser pages via a mouse's right-click contextual menu. It does need more counter stats, such as differentiating counted characters w/ spaces & without - doing so will quickly pull it up the level of MS Word's Word Count tool in usability (esp. in transcription-based functionalities)
- (2018-01-05) Thiago Villa: It'd be perfect if, like Google Translate's Chrome extension, it'd show the word count as soon as we selected the text.
- (2017-10-25) Kimberly Garay: Right what I needed
- (2017-08-11) Eruphu Norinagi: Love this, great having the info open in a modal window!
- (2023-06-29, v:1.2) Benno Triller: whitespace
Hi devs! First of all, thanks for an awesome plug-in! Is it possible to show a count without whitespaces or something similar? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Seems essential to me in a word counting app. Thanks for the Support! Have a nice day!
- (2023-04-29, v:1.2) Joachim Lépine: privacy?
Are the texts we enter in this extension stored, shared, or used for anything? Thanks
- (2022-09-02, v:1.2) Samuel J Smith: Stopped Working
I've used Word Counter for months, and it worked beautifully. However, after I uploaded Grammarly, I can no longer get Word Counter to work. When I click on the app icon, it just takes me to a menu to remove from Chrome, unpin, or manage extension. I checked, and it is on, but it the word counting pop-up no longer appears.
- (2022-01-18, v:1.2) Fahad Khan: Can it Show Word Count on SERPs?
Hi, Can this extension Show Word Count on SERPs?
- (2021-10-13, v:1.2) Bob Beers: pop up dialog appears on different display from browser
Upon selecting the Word Counter Plus right click menu item, the pop up appears in the center of the main display (windows 10, 3 displays), not on the display where Chrome is located. It would be convenient, if the pop up dialog would appear on the same display as the browser, and if it could be relocated to any desired position on any display.
- (2021-10-12, v:1.2) Ryan M: Not working in Vivaldi.
- (2020-12-17, v:1.2) David Steenkamp: Count Lines?
Hi there, Is it possible to somehow also count the number of highlighted lines? For example - I need to check the work one of my contractors does for me each day in a web app. I usually highlight all the lines that he has done, then I have to copy/paste them into either a code editor (Sublime Text / Atom / etc...) or a spreadsheet. It would be awesome if I could simply highlight the lines, right click, and then have all the information that you already provide, but also the number of "lines" that are highlighted. Let me know if you think this is even possible - thank you!!! - David Steenkamp [email protected] 778-212-9994
- (2020-12-15, v:1.2) Diego Penta: Word Count Plus is under-reporting word counts
Word Counter Plus is conjoining words at line breaks in PDFs, thereby underreporting the word count by the number of lines. I use a 2012 Macbook Pro with High Sierra and Google Chrome version 87.0.4280.67. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
- (2020-10-29, v:1.2) Luc Rafael Gonzales: Doesn't work on Vivaldi browser
I'm sure this works great. The option appears on my right-click menu, but when I click it, it just doesn't do anything. I'm using Vivaldi web browser on an Acer Nitro 7.
- (2020-06-29, v:1.2) salomon rodriguez: app does not work in google docs? please advise?
highlighted txt turns gray from blue when u right click to get word count. what is wrong?
- (2019-10-01, v:1.2) Иоланта Иванова: Проверка текста
Здравствуйте. Скачала данное расширение, а текст проверить почему-то не могу?
- (2019-08-28, v:1.2) Sabrina H: Not working?
I installed this extension but it does not appear in my right click menu?
- (2019-01-29, v:1.2) Arkylie: Appears to count non-words as words
I use hyphens a lot -- the same as using em-dashes, but online it's faster and clearer to use double-dashes -- and my first check of your plugin, using a piece known to be 500 words long, came up with a word count of 503, which, upon a quick inspection, was inflated by the number of double dashes in the piece. I'm guessing it's from separating elements by spaces but not checking to see if the element has any letters or digits in it. You should probably also double-check to make sure it's counting em-dashes and double dashes correctly if they're touching words, as is the norm in offline printing--like this--to make sure it's not reducing the word count (erroneously counting two words separated by a double-dash as just one word). Thanks for making this!
- (2018-12-21, v:1.2) Can't get it to start!!!!
I dunno what is wrong, but i dont know how to start it. It us gray and all it says when i click it says manage and remove from chrome... plz tell me how tot start!!
- (2018-12-17, v:1.2) Not working
I can't seem to get it to work. I highlight the text and right click (on Macbook Pro) and the box doesn't pop up. Also the icon is greyed out.
- (2018-12-06, v:1.2) word counter has stopped working
Word counter plus has stopped working, no longer appears in right-click menu
- (2018-05-25, v:1.2) Jean-Marie Schloemer: Stopped working?
This seems to have stopped working? I tried on several web pages, but I can't get the entry for it to show up in the context menu anymore. It seems fine on the extensions page.
- (2018-04-15, v:1.2) Michael Abram: Top 10 Keywords
How challenging would it be to have the top 10 words used in the selected words? Listing the words and the times they are used. I could see that being helpful as a web developer.
- (2018-01-21, v:1.2) Jordan Melecio™: Character count (With & without spaces)
A little suggestion if the program allows it. Adding an additional counter for counting characters w/ & without spaces would be a welcome addition, among other things (I was comparing it to MS Word's word count counter, and the help it does when we do some transcription-based copy pasting)
- (2018-01-03, v:1.2) Reuben Dunford: not sure
im not great with computers but when i highlighted the text and right clicked it simply un-hilighted it and therefore am not really sure on how to use the extension. Any suggestions?