Right click on a selected text and choose the search website from the popup window or the context menu.
Summary: - Right click on a selected text and choose the search website from the popup window or the context menu - The website list is edited in the Extension Options page. The list can include bookmark folders. - Unlimited depth of nested folders in the context menu - Export or Import the website list - Optional use of placeholders - The extension can do advanced searches such as: reverse image search, page translation and current domain search The search websites can be added by using three methods: 1. Go to the search page, right-click on the field where you type the search keywords and choose "Add search page" from the context menu. 2. Search websites can be added manually in the Extension Options page. By default the selected text is appended to the website address. Optionally, a placeholder can be used to specify where in the address to insert the selected text. 3. Search websites can also be added by using a folder named "Search" from the Chrome Bookmarks bar. To use this method: - Create a folder named "Search" in Chrome Bookmarks bar - Go to the search website you want to add and right click on the field where you type the text you want to search - A context menu will be displayed then choose "Add a Keyword for this Search..." - A window will be displayed then choose to save the bookmark in the "Search" folder then choose a unique keyword - Optionally the bookmark can be created in sub-folders of "Search" folder Both lists are combined and shown in the context menu when right click on a selected text. The Options page list is shown first, then the Bookmarks list. The search page can open in: a new tab, a background tab, the current tab or in a new window.
- (2020-06-27) aunsen A: 一但重启所有设置全没了，firefox上就没有问题
- (2020-04-15) Luís Gomes: I use Opera browser and I make a lot of use of the built in pop up menu. The problem is that this menu pops up, it covers the Selection Context Search menu. So it would be useful to add an option to choose between the Selection Context Search menu pop up above or below the selected text. Thanks for this extension and your work.
- (2020-04-14) James: Awesome to the Max!
- (2020-04-06) Renato Guimaraes: This extension works well, my only gripe is that it automatically copies the selection to the clipboard, which is incredibly frustrating.
- (2020-03-28) Bolaheya: You add something useful so you deserve a 5 stars thank you for your extension really make the things faster and easy
- (2020-03-04) 方志宏: 一旦关闭再打开，保存的全没了
- (2020-02-29) 大象: 特别特的好用，提高效率。真棒！
- (2020-01-15) Hà Nguyễn Mạnh: great! but you can improve as: Auto close old pop up, Create a popup icon that is different from the browser icon...
- (2020-01-10) Кирилл Тихонов: После обновления хром, расширение перестало сохранять настройки. исправьте пожалуйста. After updating chrome, the extension stopped saving settings. fix please.
- (2020-01-02) Hola Tom: i've tried several similar extensions, this is the best, i love it.
- (2019-12-26) -Sammy -Amziane: I want it for 2 things: first, works fine which is search with google but 2nd one is google translate it doesn't show in popup menu. I want it badly to work! (for example I select a word in french and if possible this word will show directly in google translate with english beside it) is there anyway to fix it! otherwise I would give you 5 stars
- (2019-12-13) Patterson Cameron: good
- (2019-12-11) fbqifhi qwfhoqfh: It could be good extension but can't save custom settings, I have tried many times and have to uninstall it.
- (2019-10-28) i j: %s function not work but in this extension work : chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gipnlpdeieaidmmeaichnddnmjmcakoe for example: i can't search free apps by this url : https://play.google.com/store/search?q=%s&c=apps&price=1 price=1 means free please fix it.
- (2019-10-23) lee midas: Selection Context Search !! You or your company have made good use of the Selection Context Search extension for the Chrome browser. It seems to be a great program. However, after removing the wrong or unnecessary engines from the built-in search engines, I added and saved some of the engines that I personally needed and output the configuration file to the outside. After some time of installation, it was not a problem to load and use the configuration file saved externally. However, if you close the browser and run it again, it will revert back to the default settings you made, and the settings you made will not work until you reload them each time. There is only a button for output input and a change to the default, but there is no save button, and it seems to be a problem with the program itself. I would be grateful if you could fix the problem in the program as soon as possible. Thank you for reading till the end and thank you for your hard work !!
- (2019-09-30) Icsulescu Cutare: Great extension but an improvement would be to go to the search website directly in the context menu, without "Find... using". It would be useful in my case because I use the extension only to search in bookmarks. Then it would have been nice if Chrome bookmark search showed what folder the bookmark is in straight from the search results. Another problem is that this extension won't open anything from the pdf viewer that is built into chrome.
- (2019-08-29) Bang Tannie: just what i needed. thanks
- (2019-06-24) Themis Dsp: An invaluable extension! In addition to the great customization offered (by inserting one's own search), if copy to clipboard is selected in the options->more options department, there is no need to copy anything by using context menu. Productivity is guaranteed! PS One (in my opinion critical) suggestion: Please, enable the use of a modifier to copy the selected text to clipboard (i.e. Ctrl or Alt or something like that) or the use of mouse click. Invaluable as it is, this function presents a certain problem. If we select a text, it is copied to the clipboard (which is perfect). If we try to paste the text stored in the clipboard by highlighting an existing text in a field, the existing field text is copied in the clipboard replacing the text we have stored and ... nothing happens. To make use of the clipboard storage we first have to delete the destination text and only then we can paste the stored text.
- (2019-06-21) K Luk: Hello! I am from0ld Eastern Germany, temp... ok, fine app, nice extension: but problems with the search-parameter %s I have some website, which change %s to %25s and then, the icon doesn´t appears?! please, what to do? So Thanks!
- (2019-05-29) Jawash Asalan: Smart! Very smart extension and very, very well implemented. Having all kinds of options easily adjustable perfect! Thanks. :)
- (2019-05-12) soul mate: awesome
- (2019-05-03) saud ALblwi: Loved it
- (2019-04-29) Stefane Guevremont: Rare do I find an extension that is better than the actual function I'm looking for. I was looking for a hotkey to quickly search highlighted text in a web page, and found an automatic popup menu with direct search of the highlighted text. Suggestions on making this Extension even better: - Middle-click -> Open Search Page in a background tab - Customizable hotkey
- (2019-04-28) Tank Connors: Where is the COPY button on this? I went in options and can t seem to find it??
- (2019-03-18) dodolook 8: the most row is 113? if you add more ten row, then close Chrome, then open Chrome , the ten row is disappear ! so terrible!