Readonly KeePass password database integration for Chrome™
- (2021-06-21) Brandie Williams: It's been working beautifully for me since I installed it in 2017 or so. It suddenly stopped working and I was sad to see it hasn't been maintained for quite a while. I haven't been able to find a replacement that I can get working! (I'm in over my head on a lot of the extensions I found and can't get them to connect to my database on Dropbox.)
- (2021-06-14) Oleg Kalmakhelidze: Extension stopped working. It simply is not clickable on any sites.
- (2020-09-09) Walt Venable: Used to work very well but now only gives an error that my KeePass DB has a corrupt header... which is not true since every other KeePass program can open it just fine
- (2020-01-07) Peter Grabowsky: I used this extension every day and I liked it a lot. However today I got a "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app" as I store it on my Google Drive. I can't find how to make it work again. Apparently this is the developer's responsibility (according to Google)
- (2019-09-26) Tristan Van Wesemael: Great plugin. Would like an shortkey or keybind to autofill the password, instead of clicking on the plugin and click autofill. 1 keybind = 2 clicks! :)
- (2019-06-30) Oliver Schwan: Meine Passwortdatenbank in der Cloud speichern? Seid Ihr noch ganz bei Trost?
- (2019-04-09) Paul Oldham: Works well, and without fuss, unlike some other keepass extensions
- (2019-03-19) No longer maintained! This repo and the CPK app are no longer maintained. Consider using https://github.com/subdavis/Tusk instead.
- (2019-03-05) Chris Dock: Excellent. Combine this with keepassXC, google drive, and the keepass android app and you have a password management system that's as good if not better than all of the paid ones. Edit: Please add support for Google Drive in the Brave Browser; currently you are using Google's "Browser Sign In" feature to access drive, which is broken in more privacy centric chromium browsers. You should just ask for email and password for Google.
- (2019-03-02) It was easy to setup, until I got to a page where I wanted it to autofill the username and password in Chrome. I'd hope they'd just appear in the boxes, but I had to click on the CKP icon and do an autofill command. This felt clumsy, and it just seemed easier to enter the things manually and let Chrome password management remember it for me. For so many websites, seamless ease of use across platforms is more important to be than security, and I just can't a good solution that just autofills for me.
- (2019-01-25) Tim Marshall: SECURITY FLAW and NO LONGER DEVELOPED....Whatever the merits of this extension, both are apparently true. So why even leave it on the Chrome Store? If it's not really usable, please remove it. ....BTW, GOOGLE, why do you force people to have the extension INSTALLED to write a review? What if I uninstalled it because I had a problem and now need to share that info? Stop being such nannies!
- (2019-01-07) ジョンソンユージーン: I've been using KeePass for years, long before there was a Chrome extension. I love KeePass and hope it continues for a long time. However, this plugin does not work. At least not for password DBs stored on Google Drive. I haven't tested the plugin on local DB. But it constantly "forgets" or "loses" authorization to my Google Drive, and by extension, my DB file.
- (2018-12-04) Andrejs Snorins: Strādā perfekti caur google drive!
- (2018-09-24) Alan Livingston: It's not functional. No longer able to load database over Google Drive. Warns you not to load database files over file system... Seems very amateurish.
- (2018-09-16) 5星 太棒了
- (2018-09-11) J S: free way to avoid using lastpass and other proprietary solutions with a simple kdbx file and your Google Drive. Updates instantly as I make edits in my Google Drive. Considering this is free, it's a great utility
- (2018-08-31) Christophe Hollebeke: Works perfect!
- (2018-07-13) Aidan Edwards: I loved this extension while it worked. Unfortunately, it's no longer maintained and I'm guessing the Google Drive API key has expired, and it not longer loads databases from Drive.
- (2018-06-24) Peter Lewis: This is a read-only version of KeePass that allows you to input your passwords in a Chrome browser. It works perfectly for what it says it does. It is NOT supposed to update your existing KeePass database when you change a password or create a new one. I initially tried Tusk, but somehow it did not play nice with the two-factor authentication I set up on the cloud drive I'm using. I kept receiving a password error for a password I knew was correct.
- (2018-05-28) Benjamin Buter Petersen: Works perfect. However please consider adding webdav support. Thanks.
- (2018-05-15) Felipe Vargas: Really cool plugin! Doing a great job!
- (2018-04-10) Isaac M: extremely simple and ease of use, while keeps secure.
- (2018-03-02) Albert911emt -: I'm a longtime user of this extension. Extension is usually great, but very often, when I add a new entry with a username and a password, and then click on the browser button to autofill username and password on a webpage, the extension doesn't recognize the webpage, and doesn't display the user sign-in info for that page. If I change a password, very often the extension ignores the change, and continues trying to use the old password. Extremely annoying. These problems have existed for well over a year, maybe two.
- (2018-02-28) Evan Brodie: Integration with Dropbox not working. After I login, it is unable to fetch any files from my Dropbox account. Given that this was essential for my ability to use Keepass, I have no choice but to uninstall and give a 1-star rating.
- (2018-02-22) Anthony Beckman: I find this extension works very well and am happy with the service.
- (2018-01-19) Herbert Blumpke: ich muß bei jedem Browser Start mich neu in Onedrive anmelden. Das nervt wie die Sau, ansonsten: "First argument to DataView constructor must be an ArrayBuffer"
- (2018-01-01) Tiffany Sparks: I have loved this program for a year but suddenly it stopped working and it looks like no one is watching the help forum. It just keeps asking me to reload the database.
- (2018-01-01) Brandon Lee: Basically I wanted to replace ChromeIPass for chromebook but I feel lack of remote storage function for instance FTP, WebDAV
- (2017-12-21) magri gri: Dommage... le webdav ne semble pas supporté.. nextcloud/owncloud non plus
- (2015-07-24, v:2015.7.1) Matthias Buesing: No more support?
Hi there! As much as I was enthusiastic about CKP (finally made a good approach to use Keepass under Chrome OS) I am now disappointed that there's abviously no more support for it. I posted several questions on the Chrome Web Store but without any reply from you... Does CKP ceased to exist?
- (2015-07-20, v:2015.7.1) Stanislav Amelin: Ability to add custom fields in table
Hi, it will be good if table would become configurable. I mean that, for example, I need a domain field to find correct entry. Not fields are: Entry, Username, Password. Thanks!
- (2015-07-18, v:2015.7.1) Matthias Buesing: No more support?!
I posted several questions/problems here (no access to groups, problem with finding the right logins etc.) - but without any reaction from the developer. Could have been a good plugin but maybe the ones are right that are claiming that sensitive datas are in danger when using this plugin :-(
- (2015-07-13, v:2015.7.1) Luke Venables: Doesn't work for users with multiple Google accounts
I have 2 Google accounts. I use one to sign in to Chrome and another to sign in to KeePass. I cannot sign in to my KeePass account using CKP. It always assumes I want to sign in to my Chrome account.
- (2015-07-06, v:2015.7.1) Matthew Roslevich: Manually choosing record
Would it be possible to allow the user to change the view of the manual selection of records? The way it is now, even trying keywords, I don't find the record that I know exists. In my mind, seeing it as a tree view would make it easier for me to see the database, to manually find what I need.
- (2015-07-03, v:2015.7.1) Vishal Singh: Is this free or paid one
I am getting a message telling Premium but BETA version
- (2015-06-27, v:2015.6.16) Matthias Buesing: Access to groups possible?
I use quite a lot of groups to get a certain order within my Keepass entries. I can't find any way with CKP to use those groups...bug or feature?
- (2015-06-26, v:2015.6.16) Jiří Sedláček: Dropbox
It just say Fetching list of files and then show Logout of Dropbox, but doesn't list any of my Database.kdb. So it doesn't work with Dropbox for me. Google Drive has another problems which I already mentioned here. All *.kdb files are persistent in this extension even when they are deleted, etc.
- (2015-06-22, v:2015.6.16) Dan Chowdhury: Sometimes passwords paste as gibberish
First time user, currently syncing with Dropbox. When I use, I sometimes get my passwords in complete gibberish compared to what they're supposed to be: e.g. k�$P�Ԑ�zse��� when it should have been DId8H*** (stars to censor this password in case). This also happens for other passwords. Once this happens, it appears to happen for the entire session for all passwords. I suspect this is some sort of Unicode/ANSI issue.
- (2015-06-20, v:2015.6.16) Matthias Buesing: Several logins for one site
I've got several sites where I have more than one login. The chrome extension of Lastpass (where I have recently migrated from) showed all of them to choose one. CKP shows only one (but not the main one) and I have to search for the right one manually every time I want to log in. Is there a way to fix or optimize that? Thank you very much!
- (2015-06-17, v:2015.6.16) Corban Gossett: (Deleted my orig post): multiple kdbx files in Google Drive... Which one?
Sorry for the repost, but I was trying to reply and I think I deleted my original post! Great extension! 2 problems I have noticed: 1. I am using Google Drive and had a folder with many kdbx backup/conflicting databases. They are all stored in a back up folder. CKP looks to "scan" your google drive for all kdbx files the first time you choose google drive. Because they are named pretty much the same thing, the list of database files looks all the same. (It's flat in the Chrome extension preferences, but in a hierarchy on my google drive. I can't tell which file is which as they are all named the same thing? So I did temporarily rename my main database file and it updated correctly and I can see which one it is in the list of database files. 2. So I decided to remove all by my main kdbx file and leave only one database file in google drive. (When I search google drive, I only have one kdbx file.) However, in the list of files in the extension preferences, I still see all the duplicates. Somewhere I think the extension is keeping a list of all the files but not cleaning up that list? To sum up the issues, the extension preferences shows all kdbx files in your google drive in a flat list, so even if you have same-named kdbx files in a hierarchy of folder in google drive, you can't tell which one is which. And if you remove all your old kdbx files, the extension preferences appears to be keeping a list around. Thanks, I hope this helps track down the issue. This is a great addition to KeePass. Thank you!