Readonly KeePass password database integration for Chrome™
Tusk adds KeePass functionality to your browser. It does not require KeePass to be installed, and is suitable for using KeePass with Chromebooks. Tusk is read-only and can be configured without granting the extension access to manage your cloud storage accounts. It can be used with: * Google Drive * Dropbox * Onedrive * pCloud * OwnCloud and NextCloud It includes: * KDBX Version 4 Support * WebDAV support * OTP support * Shared Link support * HTTP fetch support * Better security practices and updates. Tusk is a fork of CKP and seeks to provide improvements to the UI, better security practices, and KDBX version 4 support. Visit https://subdavis.com/Tusk for more information. Tusk is Open Source and provided under an MIT license. ** UPDATE LOG ** ================ v2018.9.27 - Bugfix #257 ---------------- v2018.9.16 - UI Update, new settings, bug fixes. ---------------- v2018.6.27 - Bug fixes ---------------- v2018.6.16 - CRL+SHIFT+SPACE opens popup, other fixes. ---------------- v2018.5.19 - Pcloud and hotkey navigation! ---------------- v2018.2.25 - WebDAV support! ---------------- v2018.2.17 - KDBXv3.1 (chacha20+AES KDF) ---------------- v2018.2.12 - Solve race condition when opening before cache expires. ---------------- v2018.1.31 - TUSK_URLS custom field ---------------- v2018.1.23 - KeeOTP support; clipboard timeout preferences. ---------------- v2018.1.16 - solve #64, add Hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+Space ---------------- v2018.1.8 - fix bug with XML-based keyfiles ---------------- v2018.1.7 - use persistent background page ---------------- v2018.1.5 - Tusk! A ground-up rewrite of the UI + major bugfixes.
- (2022-10-18) Tati “DraCat” Lapshina: Не работает . Не видит базу в дропбоксе :(
- (2022-09-11) Fanes Ferdinand (Fafa X): Hey, been great for nearly 2 years, then recently, past 2 months, it gives this error "First argument to DataView constructor must be an ArrayBuffer", now I can't use it, now to report the problem, i have to sign up for Github to report a problem, I'm not that techy, I've already remove and reinstall, same thing, can't use it anymore.
- (2022-03-21) 平井伸治: I am using with the Vivaldi browser and this does not work. I selected GoogleDrive on the Manage Database screen, but nothing shows up.
- (2021-12-28) Ben: I worked for a long time now I get the same error as on Github #224 Looks like this extension is not supported anymore.
- (2021-11-14) zyrkonivm: Está muy bien porque respeta la privacidad sin pedir ningún permiso que no necesite. En Chromium me ha funcionado. Para que la base de datos pueda ser desencriptada he tenido que crearla con KeepassX ya que si se crea con KeepassXC no funciona. En algunos sitios no se rellenan bien la contraseñas y hay que pegarlas manualmente, pero es un buen trabajo.
- (2021-09-18) Senventise: 非常棒，实现相当完整，连OTP都有
- (2021-08-30) Juan Borjas: The KeepPass Chrome extension works great! Haven't had any issues so far. It is easy to use and feels secure.
- (2021-05-18) Ryan Riviere (Catvari): Fonctionne bien avec un fichier en local mais impossible de synchroniser un fichier depuis google drive
- (2021-03-26) 陆天辉: 已经按教程操作了，KeePass Database客户端和iOS的Fantasy Pass都没问题，但这个就总是提示 invalid key，用不了，是在是气人
- (2021-03-11) Ashley Lane: Great Add on!
- (2021-03-08) Martin Wilsdorf: It does connect to Google Drive and lists my database, but there is no way to select it or continue from that step. It also would be nice to have the option to select the keyfile from cloud storage as well.
- (2021-02-08) Black Motorola V3 RAZR: its not working for chromebook? i cant make a keyfile it said i need desktop keypass cx which i cant get
- (2021-01-22) Venator: Alright
- (2020-12-12) Daniel Vagg: Super helpful, love this extension. Thanks Brandon!
- (2020-11-23) Worked for a very short time on my chromebook with the database stored on Onedrive. Now I only get: First argument to DataView constructor must be an ArrayBuffer and nothing happens
- (2020-11-19) Seb 0711: Keep getting "[object Object]" error when I try to add Google Drive.
- (2020-11-13) Daniel Vagg: Works great, love it :)
- (2020-10-31) 郭磊: 好用，可以省得下软件，自己自动查找填充密码
- (2020-08-30) Fabrice GOUPIL: The first time, I imported my GoogleDrive Database, Keepass Tusk found a database but not the good (It take my old backup copy). I wanted change but there have been an issue (error 401). I removed and reinstalled Keepass Tusk, but now, it connect to Google Drive but it can't found my database (I removed the old database). I don't undertand why we can't select database on Google drive. FYI this database is a shared... it may explain some issues !
- (2020-08-05) Nathan Chere: Doesn't work with pCloud as advertised. Just says "invalid client ID".
- (2020-04-10) Google User: Works great, better than some other extensions I've used for KeePass. This would be FIVE stars. However, using a keyfile and no password doesn't function. I appreciate WebDAV access, and the way this handles most all websites - No keyfile is a deal breaker. :(
- (2020-03-31) György Mergl: Cannot login to Dropbox.
- (2020-03-29) Lars Weisheit: If I select Google Drive, it just autoselects the first kdbx file it find's and I can't select the right one by myself. So I can't use the software at all...
- (2020-03-22) stevetr: doesn't seem to work with pCloud even though I have it selected. Can't seem to find my password files or open them. too bad...
- (2020-03-22) Andrew Reynolds: Works great from Google Drive. Wish you could create new entries using it.
- (2020-03-18) Victor Blank: I can use it in almost all my browsers, sadly not on my main browser Brave, when I try to give access to the database in Google Drive, the extension is not able to open the login screen. :( As soon as this is fixed I can give 5 stars for this amazing extension :)
- (2020-03-17) Russ: Is this still supported?
- (2020-03-09) Ramon Gang: good
- (2020-03-02) 真的很抱歉: edge雲端硬碟無法使用
- (2020-03-02) John 3:16-21 #ExploreGod: I don't use cloud storage for anything. After downloading this extension this is what it says about using a local Keepass file stored on a device, "Upload files from your local or remote file-system. A one-time copy of the file(s) will be saved in your browser's local storage. If you update the database on your local system then you will have to re-import it in order to see the changes." I already have to keep Keepass up to date on my laptop and Android phone, not going to deal with having to update passwords in a 3rd place, this extension for Brave browser too. Uninstalled.
- (2020-02-28) Max Saperstone: Can't sync to drive in Brave. After clicking selector to enable drive, option to give permissions is presented. after clicking give permission, the selector isn't selected, and a red [Object object] error is shown.
- (2020-02-15) Mica: doesn't work with dropbox "Error: Authorization page could not be loaded"
- (2020-01-21) Lean Der Große: on brave browser the google drive implementation is not working, works fine on chrome though
- (2020-01-16) Javier Laguna: Genial la integración con Google Drive que mi anterior extensión no estaba autorizada para ello, solo para Dropbox!!
- (2020-01-10) Adrian Snell: Great application, though I am struggling to open my database vault in dropbox. Tried on several OS' with chrome, and i keep getting the "Error: Authorization page could not be loaded" Using the shared link for now, but i wish the Dropbox Integration was fully working. Other than this, i love the program! Thanks!
- (2019-12-22) Rainbow Asteroids: No support for SFTP
- (2019-12-09) Yves Delattre: Ne fonctionne pas parfaitement (chrome sous Windows). Certaines entrées qui fonctionnaient avec CKP ne fonctionnent plus : soit l'identifiant, soit le mdp ne sont pas remplis. Et le repository github correspondant est fermé depuis peu. Le début de la fin ?
- (2019-11-23) Eric Scherlinger: Parfait!
- (2019-09-24) Gingerman611: Seems like a smooth application from first impressions, but doesn't unlock my keepass file. I use a standard kdbx keepass file with mostly keepassxc on other platforms, and would love to have a way to not type every password on a chromebook, but I added my key file and typed my password multiple times and verified I typed it correctly and it will not unlock.
- (2019-09-19) Areeb Qaisar: Perfect !
- (2019-09-14) François RENAUD: Fonctionne parfaitement avec Keepass 2; testé depuis plusieurs mois quotidiennement et aucun problème; aussi bon que LastPass et Logiciel Libre ( Un don est laissé à votre appréciation mais le logiciel le mérite) : A conseiller et à adopter La version Android sur mon téléphone marche également très bien. Works perfectly with Keepass 2; tested for several months daily and no problem; as good as LastPass and Free Software (A donation is left to your appreciation but the software deserves it): To advise and to adopt The Android version on my phone is also working very well.
- (2019-09-06) Epee Sharkey: Just installed and used this for 1st time. It actually seems perfect but I'm holding out on 5 star because need to get more experience. It seems to work by magic - finding all the .KDBX files stashed away on my cloud storage -- even though they are buried away in a folder -- how does it do that,. Unlike some others I appreciate this is 'Read-only' - managing new passwords and the concurrency issues are painful. I like the features designed to be sure the paramount privacy of user data - it would be great to see more detail on this. But so far, so good and big thanks @Brandon Davis and others who have contributed to this very valuable tool.
- (2019-09-03) Abdullah Mallik: Saves your precious time
- (2019-08-19) David Egger: This extension works very well! Only a remember-me function like the chrome native one would be very great!
- (2019-08-01) Alexander Frey: Essential app to have control over your own synced Passwords, thanks a lot!
- (2019-07-18) skurrilewelt: Unverständliche Anweisungen, auch nach mehrfacher Auswahl der Key Datenbank immer noch: No keyfile selected. Keine Rechtsklick Integration im Browser. Unbrauchbar
- (2019-06-26) Marquinho Peli: Well done!
- (2019-06-24) Gowon Patterson: Works great with the password vaults I manage with KeepassXC and KeePass2Android!
- (2019-06-19) Chris Warrick: Requires logging into OneDrive every time the browser is restarted, and fails to autofill even a simple login form.
- (2019-06-19) J Helios: Breaks a lot and you have to do some serious work to get it working again.
- (2022-07-08, v:2018.9.27) Marvin Aziz: Google Drive Error
When I try to activate Google Drive a little text saying Object Object with red bg pop up next to it and thats it.
- (2022-05-19, v:2018.9.27) David LEROUVILLOIS: pCloud
I have got this message box "Invalid 'client_id'." when I want to connect pCloud. Did you have an answer to it? Error: The user did not approve access. Thanks a lot,
- (2022-03-22, v:2018.9.27) CJ Meyer: Starting up...
Forever and ever it just says "Starting up" when I click on it
- (2021-11-10, v:2018.9.27) Philipp Dangl: KeePass Chrome Master password needs key
I wanted to use this extension with OneDrive. I entered my master password but it forces me to enter a key as well but I do not have any and never had one. Improve the authentication modes to accept login with master password only too.
- (2021-10-08, v:2018.9.27) Marion Smith: Unable to install on Brave
I am unable to install this extension in the Brave browser.
- (2021-04-22, v:2018.9.27) Nathapong Charoenpentham: Sync icloud apple
Thank you, I like Extensions But i want sync icloud apple. Same Google Drive, One Drive, pCloud, Dorpbox
- (2021-03-25, v:2018.9.27) Brian M Penn: Abandonware
It appears that this project has been abandoned. https://github.com/subdavis/Tusk/issues/224#issuecomment-511619065
- (2021-02-27, v:2018.9.27) Asmer Mlaćo: does not work for google drive.please fix
My database is on google drive. I am getting this when trying to configure drive: Google Drive [object Object] Access password files stored on Google Drive. Files will be fetched from Google Drive each time they are used.
- (2020-05-30, v:2018.9.27) Peter Fowler: Tusk Support of Auto-Type
Does Tusk support other than standard Auto-Type sequence (Username, TAB, Password, Enter)? Override sequences can be specified in KeePass but do these get picked up by Tusk?
- (2020-01-29, v:2018.9.27) Dollyves Lhuille: Problème d'accès à la base
Bonjour, J'utilise tusk depuis quelques temps sans problème, mais voilà, pour des raisons d'organisation, ma base qui est sur Gdrive a été déplacée dans un autre dossier. Depuis, Tusk ne la trouve plus , et dans le choix de base, au lieu de mentionner la base, il indique "objetObjet" et bien évidemment ça ne marche pas. J'ai désinstallé et réinstallé, redonné les autorisation, rien n'y fait. Help Merci
- (2020-01-18, v:2018.9.27) Microsoft Edge Chromium Support
Now that Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium, you can install Google Chrome Extensions in Edge. I installed the KeePass Tusk plug-in. It sort of works, but it'd be great if it was tweaked to work with Edge fully.
- (2020-01-11, v:2018.9.27) Adrian Snell: DropBox and Onedrive support is not working
Hi, i am struggling to connect my vault database from clud storages like dropbox and onedrive, is this something you are looking in to? Running tusk locally at the moment, and very pleased, i just hope the cloud-sync will be fixed soon! Thanks in advance!
- (2019-12-29, v:2018.9.27) Chirag Gandhi: Dropbox integration does not seem to work
When I enable dropbox, I get the following error (on macbook): Dropbox Error: Authorization page could not be loaded. Access password files stored on Dropbox. Files will be retrieved from Dropbox each time they are used. Can you help me?
- (2019-12-15, v:2018.9.27) Alex Fornuto: Error InvalidKey: invalid key
On my new Chromebook (HP X2), I get "Error InvalidKey: invalid key" when trying to open my database over both webdav and local file. The same password works when opening the database using KeePassDroid, and there is no key file associated with this DB.
- (2019-12-02, v:2018.9.27) Diana Fullon: Hide Passwords
How can we hide passwords for users
- (2019-11-23, v:2018.9.27) Terry Gruber: Selecting Entry
On Chrome. searching for PW entry, lists all instances of the entry, including those in "Backup" group/folder which may be old values. Can only see group/folder is to click on each entry returned, potentially needing to click on many before finding most current - no indication of most current.
- (2019-09-27, v:2018.9.27) Bryan Smith: Invalid key file
I'm using chrome version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have the latest version of Tusk. In the last month it is telling me that my keyfile (not database) is invalid. KeePass has no issues with the same keyfile and the file has not changed to my knowledge. It shows a last modified date of 12/13/2018, so it has not changed in some time. Can someone help?
- (2019-09-20, v:2018.9.27) RT Cunningham: Refreshing the Data
I changed a password using Keeweb and I couldn't get Tusk to see the new password. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall. I checked the database with KeePassX to be sure, so it's a problem with the extension not rereading the database. This is with WebDAV, by the way.
- (2019-09-09, v:2018.9.27) Pierluigi Falorni: The extension stopped working
Hi there, after CHROME OS upgrade to 76.0.3809.136 the extension stopped working, it does not download the kdbx file anymore. The password file was stored on a GOOGLE drive. Now the extension can't manage the google drive storage nor use a direct link I provided. In the end I had to remove the extension. Can you help?
- (2019-07-18, v:2018.9.27) Steve Tinsley: Onedrive Office 365 Corperate
Hi, I use Office 365 (the corporate version) and I store my keepass file on OneDrive. When I try to log into OneDrive using Tusk it doesn't recognise my account. I assume this is because it only looked at personal OneDrive accounts. Is this the case? Is there a fix for this?
- (2019-05-14, v:2018.9.27) Weston Richmond: Keepass Tusk, Is this secure?
Is there anyway to verify that this is secure? I may give Drive access to your program, but anyone could email you with a bribe in BTC and it is up to you if you would give to them access to my Google Drive, correct? I'm not saying you as a dev would, but I'm asking if I can verify the integrity of the product on my end? I have lost a lot to the classic trust based system!
- (2019-05-11, v:2018.9.27) Rafael Miranda: TOTP and Minimum auto lock
The extension is good and fulfills well what it says. But you need to improve to enjoy the security of extra features. You need to have the minimum self-locking time like KeePass and not just 30 minutes. The most important: read TOPT. It has a great advantage of not being dependent on KeePass but the extension will be unnecessary for those who have configured TOTP in the services.
- (2019-04-01, v:2018.9.27) Mattias Vanhoutte: Stuck in starting up... loop of extension
Hello, I like your extension a lot and use it with PCloud, but recently It is not working anymore. I have a large PCloud account connected to KeePass Tusk, but when I want to use the extension, it is in a "starting up..." loop and does not recover. So I can not use the KeePass files from inside my pCloud account. When I check the options of the extension, I see There are a lot of keepass files detected by the extension in the Cloud storage. Maybe it is an issue there are too many .kdbx files found? Could it be possible to limit the access to only 1 folder in pCloud for the extension? Currently the extension has access to the root folder of the cloud storage
- (2019-03-29, v:2018.9.27) Tom P: Google Drive Storage
Is Google drive storage working? I decided to give this extension a try because I'm a long time KeePass user. I tried to turn on the connection to Google Drive and all I get is "[object Object]" next to the Google Drive title on the Manage Databases page.
- (2019-03-28, v:2018.9.27) Brian Honeycutt: Chrome OS - Hot Keys Do not Work
It appears even with hotkeys enabled, restarting chrome browser and the OS the hotkeys still do not function. I have a Pixelbook(eve). Thank you !