Redesigned new tab page featuring your bookmarks, apps, most visited, and recently closed in a custom layout.
Features: • Simple, clean design • Highly customizable • Fast loading and lightweight This extension replaces the default new tab page. Drag and drop folders to create new columns or reorder them. The font, colors, spacing, and more can be customized from the options menu. The source code is available under the MIT license github.com/quodroc/HumbleNewTabPage Changelog: Version 1.24 - February 10, 2019 • Temporarily disabled weather feature • Improved keyboard navigation • Fixed bug opening options Version 1.23 - December 2, 2018 • Added tooltips for truncated text • Added option to remember open folders Version 1.21 - November 20, 2016 • Added HiDPI icons • Fixed export settings not selectable Version 1.20 - June 1, 2016 • Added import/export settings • Fixed recently closed max items Version 1.19 - April 14, 2016 • Fixed weather not updating Version 1.18 - April 3, 2016 • Removed geolocation • Fixed weather error Version 1.17 - January 24, 2016 • Fixed weather error Version 1.16 - August 29, 2014 • Added other devices folder • Recently closed tabs preserve history • Removed background process • Chrome version 37 or later required Version 1.15 - July 6, 2014 • Fixed freezing issues Version 1.14 - May 11, 2014 • Reduced memory usage • Added option to set number of items for recently closed, recent bookmarks, and most visited • Added option for background image size • Added link to bookmark manager in folder context menu Version 1.12 - August 18, 2013 • Reorder apps via drag and drop Version 1.11 - August 3, 2013 • Fixed launching packaged apps (Google Keep) • Fixed launching file:/// and chrome:// URLs • Fixed Mobile Bookmarks folder not being removable • Disable weather if geolocation is denied • Default layout changed to 2 columns • Uninstall apps from the context menu • Hide Google Wallet Service from apps Version 1.9 - December 30, 2012 • Uses geolocation for weather by default • Fixed bug with drag and drop • Added Chrome Web Store to apps Version 1.8 - November 9, 2012 • Redesigned options panel • Added several new settings • Performance tweaks • Source code released under the MIT license Version 1.7 - September 8, 2012 • Added custom CSS field for advanced users • Added option to hide Bookmarks bar and Other bookmarks Version 1.6 - August 30, 2012 • Added option to open links in new tabs • Support local file for background image • Weather errors fixed Version 1.5 - August 29, 2012 • Weather forecast now uses Yahoo • System font list enabled on supported versions Version 1.4 - August 10, 2012 • Added option to disable the weather and other special folders • Minor bug fixes Version 1.3 - August 9, 2012 • Fixed error on old Chrome versions Version 1.2 - August 8, 2012 • Added apps, most visited, recently closed, and weather • More flexible layout with unlimited columns • Open all links in folder from context menu • Color themes and new default style • Added smooth animation and highlight shadow • Drag and drop to reorder folders and columns • Background image support • Bug fixes • New name (formerly New Tab + Bookmark Tree) Version 1.1 - July 20, 2011 • Added options menu Version 1.0 - July 17, 2011 • Initial release
- (2020-01-17) Frank: 治好了我的精神病
- (2020-01-15) Igor Bochkariov: Simple, blazing fast and everything I need!
- (2019-12-29) Denise Allen: Lean, mean, best thing since sliced bread.
- (2019-12-15) Dylan Bowman: I just adore how visually bare bones and useful this is compared to other custom new tabs. Now I'm no longer forced to show the bookmarks bar to get to bookmarks quickly enough.
- (2019-11-20) Raylee XY: Simple and FAST, I notice no difference in load time compared to the vanilla new tab page. Less is certainly more here — I've made a lovely layout with 4 columns, Courier New in white on a dark grey background. Highly recommend! Thank you developer!
- (2019-11-14) Róbert Toth: hey, thanks for a great extension! There's one small bug/problem that drives me crazy, though :) Whichever option I select in "Open links in" setting, pages from Recently closed list always get opened in their own new tab, so the tab from "Humble New Tab Page" extension remains opened. I have been debugging this a little bit and while I have no idea why this is happening, removing/commenting lines 24-26 in newtab.js—within the "if (node.action)" condition—solves this problem. Is this something that you could correct/implement? Thank you!
- (2019-10-20) _romoney5: i hate it a lot. the new tab page is bland. it also says it can modify my bookmarks. this is horrible >:(
- (2019-08-31) Александр Шестаков: Идеально!
- (2019-08-30) K in KOP: I love the elegance and ability to customize, so for appearance, it gets five stars. Usability: I haven't had it for long, so I can't comment on that with authority. It seems like it will work just fine, but I have yet to see what the major benefit is over the built-in bookmarks manager other than appearance. The three star rating really comes from the fact that I just spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to arrange the columns the way I want them. And I literally had to remove this extension from chrome twice because once I made a mistake with the columns I could not find for the life of me figure out how to get it back the way I wanted it. The only way seems to be to remove it from chrome and try again. That's a major flaw. This extension should have the ability to reset to default or to undo the last move. If they just added this simple feature, I would probably give it five stars.
- (2019-08-30) Nate Tippie: Would like option to remove favicon
- (2019-08-26) Greg Allen: HUMBLE = DOES NOT WORK WELL When I open Chrome I get the Humble New Tab homepage as expected but ironically when I click the New Tab + I still get the old Chrome home page and no amount of fiddling with the settings has corrected this error. So I will be removing this inadequate extension and try to find one that works as advertised. Greg
- (2019-07-13) Viktor Boltik: Incredibly simple and customizable.
- (2019-07-07) Sam Ha: Prefect!!!!THANKS!
- (2019-06-06) Thrash: This new tab page is amazing. Since I can use the ctrl-E shortcut key to open up the address bar, I don't need to use a built-in search bar. This new tab loads up VERY fast, which is very helpful for me for browsing, and you even added an option to change the interface using custom CSS! Love what you did, and keep the good work!
- (2019-05-24) wang xueming: Great, it took me a long time to find such a simple and useful bookmark management extension
- (2019-05-23) Greg Mawson: Lightweight, fast, source code is viewable, does not track users.
- (2019-05-19) Simone Spinozzi: Please add an option to reset to the previous layout or to the base layout, unfortunately it's far too simple when importing from a previous computer to mess up everything. I thought the import /export function would be useful when switching to a new PC... instead it only imports messed up stuff and i cannot clean it.
- (2019-05-14) Indimeco no: I've used this for about two years now. It does everything I want it to and I can customize the theme and css as I like.
- (2019-05-08) Tian Liao: How to search bookmark?
- (2019-05-07) Bridgette Winters: Along with 'Session Buddy', 'Humble New Page' is an extension I use daily and highly recommend.
- (2019-05-05) trappped _: simply the best man.
- (2019-05-01) Aleksandr Motrev: Excellent. Continue to develop and improve addon! This is a great solution for organizing the speeddial panel, which is better than what is offered in Vivaldi and other popular addons. It is compact and contains a large number of bookmarks without unnecessary images and page snapshots. Need more options for the location of elements, maybe using Flexbox or CSS Grid.
- (2019-04-20) Daniel Eliyahu: Simple, customizable, and very useful! I especially love how you can edit the layout with CSS.
- (2019-04-18) Hernán Cortés: Perfect
- (2019-04-15) Dmitriy Mal: Лучшее в своей категории. Непонятно почему не в топе.. Просто и функционально.
- (2019-10-22, v:1.24) Burton Gamble: New (small/easy) features?
It would be super awesome if you could set the color/spacing/font/size (etc) of folders independently of the contents/links/bookmarks inside of the folders. =)
- (2019-10-13, v:1.24) Scott Smith: Hide bookmarks
Can you add an option to show/hide the bookmarks panel? I don't ever use that, but do like the frequent, recents, etc. What I would rather have is a "speed dial" panel of perhaps 9 items in a 3x3 grid. Or even just a list of links, as the frequent/recent lists often don't contain the site I want (ie, perhaps an infrequently used but important link.) Also, a search bookmarks (even if the panel isn't shown) would be useful, but I think low priority.
- (2019-08-31, v:1.24) K in KOP: Search function
This extension would be perfect if it included a way to search bookmarks. Maybe there is way and I just haven't noticed it? A search function seems absolutely essential in a bookmarks manager. I don't understand why there isn't one here. Thank you.
- (2019-07-12, v:1.24) Matthew Thurgood: Windows 10 Pro X64 1903 OS Build 18362.239 - drag and drop + context menus broken
Hi Thanks for the brilliant extension. I've come across an issue that I thought I should bring to your attention: I recently updated Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and I can no longer drag/drop folders to create new columns or reorder existing ones in Chrome 75.0.3770.100 (latest official build). Also, the right-click context menu only displays two options: Open all links in folder Edit bookmarks I'd be very grateful for any suggestions regarding this issue. Thanks for your support. All the best Matt
- (2019-05-23, v:1.24) Greg Mawson: Wallpaper
Thank you very much for this extension. Would it be possible to add the option of loading a new tab wallpaper from either a local folder or web service like Unsplash or Bing Daily Wallpapers with the ability to nominate the frequency with which the wallpaper is replaced as well.
- (2019-02-02, v:1.23) Aidan Joyce: Cannot create a 2nd Column
Either I don't know how to do it. (thought I could right click on page and create a new column) When I do, all I see is "open all links in folder" and "edit bookmarks" I am using Mac OS Mojave. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or its a little bug. Lovely app keep up the super work.
- (2019-01-25, v:1.23) Will L.: Expand/Collapse Arrow Color
Hello, I love this extension (so fast!) and I've been using it for years now, but there's one visual customization I'd like to see added: the ability to set the color of the arrows/triangles you click to expand/collapse folders. Other useful customizations for these might be scale, replace with characters (one character represents open, one represents closed e.g. +/- means expand/collapse), or even just use images (maybe not, that doesn't seem super useful, but maybe a few default shapes to choose from). Anyways even the minimum color customization would be greatly appreciated as I have a dark background that makes the arrows difficult to see. Thanks for the extension, Will
- (2019-01-11, v:1.23) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
FIX THE ISSUE WITH THE WEATHER NOT SHOWING ON YOUR EXTENSION.
- (2019-01-08, v:1.23) WEATHER FIX NEEDED ASAP
Weather has stopped here for over a week now. Please fix asap. Thanks from Ontario, OR, USA
- (2019-01-07, v:1.23) Ondrej Hnatko: Weather doesn't work
'Error loading weather' is says. Location is same as I was using for a long time. It stopped showing it like 2 weeks ago.