A functional new tab page that displays Google Calendar events, and custom bookmarks.
2Day's New Tab replaces the default chrome new tab page. Personalize your own new tab page with a custom wallpaper you get to upload. 2Day displays your Google Calendar events in a fun responsive schedule interface. It also displays your important bookmarks as well as bookmark folders. Clicking on a bookmark folder will open each bookmark inside in a new tab. A current and weekly weather forecast is displayed in the top right for any user specified location as well. Lastly, time and date is displayed in a large clock in the bottom left corner. **Update 0.1.15: Turned Bookmarks into actual <a> tag links and fixed bug with deleting bookmarks** **Update 0.1.11: The Yahoo Weather API has been deprecated, so weather will be unavailable in the meantime** **Update 0.1.5: Changed to use chrome.identity for user authentication in Google Calendar**
- (2021-07-11) Casey Bradley: The extension is a great idea but my google account says it does not trust it so every time I go to use it it asks for me to add a google account and its becoming very frustrating.
- (2020-07-06) Daria Shvydka: location isn't saving
- (2020-03-11) Beatrice Bui: Been using it for years, its ACE!
- (2019-04-02) Great design. Customizable and looks extremely clean. Weather doesn't work no matter what location I put in though. It would be nice to see a weeklong calendar as an optional setting instead of 2 day increments.It would also be great if we could increase the font of the tasks section! Great job overall, I highly suggest this!
- (2019-03-30) Jonathan Toledo: This is great. Really wish i could change the font for the bookmarks and time/date though. :)
- (2019-03-10) Michael Xu: Probably the best look and most useful tab extension I've ever had. This is a paid review.
- (2019-03-05) wish it would show reminders from callender tho
- (2018-11-07) Vladimir Ovchinnikov: Awesome! Can you also add analog clock as option?
- (2018-04-04) Jung Woo Moon: Love the responsive design. If you use Google Calendar, it's a must have. Also why use a separate notes app when there's one in your new tab? 5/5
- (2018-03-02) Jacob H: Awesome and intuitive design. Has everything you need! Only additional thing I wish it could do is adding events to your calendar.
- (2018-02-19) William Choe: This deserves to be more popular. Love the simple UI with the efficient calendar and notes design.
- (2017-08-29) Jun Zhou: Simple and eloquent design. Intuitive UI. Doesn't clutter my workflow. Warms my heart when I open a new tab.
- (2017-08-01) Hawri Jabari: If I could contact Sundar Pichai right now I would, this needs to be in vanilla chrome!
- (2017-06-21) Jesus Gonzalez: Pure gold.
- (2017-04-27) William Moon: Brilliant and excellent appearance, has everything I want all in one.
- (2017-04-13) Robert Lechner: Awesome extension, it displays everything I want to know in a good interface. Notes and Calendar are very handy.
- (2017-03-23) Joshua Zeitsoff: Though I've dabbled in other new tab pages, the fact that this one includes the ability to integrate your calendar and weather makes it much more useful. Excited for more updates to come!
- (2017-03-23) Bryan Martin: Has everything I want and need with a clean UI.
- (2020-11-19, v:0.1.16) KC Pearson: Google calendars are not populating the list of calendars
I love the concept and would find it very helpful. I just need to get my Google calendar to sync with the extension. The calendars box is empty when I open the settings. Thank you
- (2020-06-13, v:0.1.16) Clayton Po Ching: No Calender Shown
Google Calender does not show on new tab
- (2020-06-08, v:0.1.16) Mercedes BenzFW: No Calendar Shown
No calendar or weather is shown at all.
- (2018-04-13, v:0.1.5) Sagang Wee: Auto generate background images using unsplash
Use the unsplash API (https://unsplash.com/developers) to get wallpapers if users are too lazy to upload their own/dont' want to constantly update to something new