Learn Japanese each time you open a new tab.
Learn Japanese each time you open a new tab. Mainichi is an educational app meant to make mastering Japanese,Chinese and Korean vocabulary easy and fun – even if you've hardly enough time to touch your study notes. Follow us on Instagram! @mainichi.me # Latest updates v.1.0.17 - Added new words - Spelling correction - Updated images - Image optimization # Keep in touch Follow mainichi on Twitter at @mainichime. # Help & Suggestions Email us at [email protected] # Get mainichi by email Signup your email at http://www.mainichi.me/ # As seen on: Hongkiat : http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/chrome-extension-new-tab/ Chromestory : http://www.chromestory.com/2015/02/mainichi-uses-chromes-new-tab-page-teach-japanese/ Lifehacker : http://lifehacker.com/mainichi-teaches-you-japanese-with-every-new-chrome-tab-1682170371 Lifeboxset : http://www.lifeboxset.com/2015/aprende-japones-facil-y-rapido/?utm_source=lifeboxset&utm_medium=home_ultimo&utm_campaign=trafico_interno Freegroup Taiwan : http://free.com.tw/mainichi/ Appinn China : http://www.appinn.com/mainichi-learn-japanese-for-chrome/ Thông tin Vietnam: https://www.tinhte.vn/threads/mainichi-extension-giup-hoc-tieng-nhat-khi-mo-tab-moi-tren-chrome.2420916/
- (2021-06-02) UMR: most of the vocabulary is the one with katakana
- (2021-04-20) Carl Oosthuizen: Good app. Says what it does on the tin. Does not include any pitch-accent information. Support with Yomichan would also be great to confirm alternative definitions. Also only teached nouns. Have yet to see any verbs, adjectives ect.
- (2021-03-28) Chocolate Skull: SUGGESTION: Can you please add verbs to it too? And can you please create an option to learn two or three of the languages at the same time?
- (2021-02-08) Selina Tang: I love it! It's so cute -- would it be possible to add a feature where you can favorite words and be able to look back at them? That would be absolutely wonderful :) Thank you so much for making this extension!
- (2020-11-26) sakana to kohitsuji: First day using it and seems good, but i would like that after i click on the card/screen, the regular "new tab" loads.
- (2020-11-01) Vasyl Stetsko: I`m recommend for people, who want to learn new words. U can learn kandji too. Good extension $)
- (2020-10-30) Hoang-Phuc Tran: Wish it had the voice pronunciation.
- (2020-10-06) Edgar Poe: My first review. An incredibly good way to learn for a complete lazy person.
- (2020-08-06) Lily M: Veru cute and there are so many words, I love it
- (2020-07-17) Hào Nguyễn: It's a good one for me, since I struggle a lot with learning new words in Japanese There is one thing I don't really like, is that I haven't found out how to get back to the normal new tab page, since I have my most frequently visited sites saved on new tab, and this prevent me from using those, which mean I have to manually type in the URL every time I want to visit those sites
- (2020-02-11) 阿威: 大部分没有翻译
- (2020-02-11) Erdenee **: I've been looking for this since i started learning Japanese :) Loved it!
- (2019-11-22) Random Name: Good idea but the vocabulary is useless, too many English loan words and Japanese words are not something you could use in actual conversation. Words need to be grouped into topics at least and make use of spaced repetition (limit new words to 10 and only move to new group when previous is learned).
- (2019-11-21) ꧁Sevrynne꧂: I love this app and it's been helping me learn the language a lot.. (I open so many new tabs) But I wanted to mention that the word for cotton candy says "綿菓子 (わたがし)" but the romaji says "watakashi".
- (2019-05-22) Thế Lâm: your extension is good. but if you devided vocabularies by topic (ex: animal, sport, machine, ...) it's perfect. Thanks.
- (2019-04-11) Alessio Cecchin: Indispensabile!
- (2019-04-09) Cenan Pt: 非常棒
- (2019-04-07) Lake Wong: Hope it can support the display of the bookmarks bar while opening a new tab.
- (2018-11-19) Phoebe yang: 很好用 每次開分頁都能學到單字,不知道是單字量不足夠還是怎麼樣,單字重複性有點過高,希望能增加再多一點單字
- (2018-10-12) Edgar Villalobos: Falta agregar el idioma ingles y estaría perfecto, aún así esta bien
- (2018-10-11) Phuong Tran: Rich lively images, many words. However, it shouldn't replace the title "New tab" with "chrome://newtab"
- (2018-10-04) 阮化Hue: I thought the idea was great, but the dictionary of words that is uses is kind of useless. It feels like half of them are just English/Gairaigo words. Not really useful if you are trying to learn.
- (2018-09-18) Geza Kovacs: Wish it would support traditional chinese and zhuyin pronunciations or tone numbers, I can hardly see the tone marks on regular pinyin.
- (2018-09-17) Awesome extension! Wish it would support Vietnamese. Also would be nice if it supported Jyutping (cantonese) pronunciations.
- (2018-07-04) Francis rivas: esta muy sugoi, aunque creo que sería genial si tuviera más opciones... como por ejemplo: el nivel, que tipo de palabras quiere uno aprender y cosas así...
- (2018-05-06) Otto J.S. Laari: Would be nice to be able to adjust the JLPT level of the words. Over 90% of the (japanese) words are English loanwords or basic core vocabulary like hon, kusa or origami
- (2018-04-19) Adrian Keith: Its fine but so many words are English words.
- (2018-03-28) 黒田光: 很棒！
- (2018-01-23) Sara RSainos: Puras palabras en katakana, que lastima que el vocabulario sea tan tonto. Sería una excelente herramienta de aprendizaje.
- (2018-01-21) Lex Javier: Thank you developer/s for this great app! Kindly add a feature to remove romaji, for those who dislike seeing them when learning :)
- (2018-01-10) Alev A: So fun and educational!
- (2017-11-21) Thomas Wilke: I love New Tab extensions and this might just be the one I get the most use out of. Great design choice as well.
- (2017-11-19) No está mal, pero debería incluir más vocabulario. Sería bueno que cada usuario pudiese señalar aquellas palabras que ya se sepa. O poder elegir un nivel. En mi ordenador no consigo ver los kanjis al completo. In my computer I can't see the full kanjis. It's a pity.
- (2017-10-17) J Enrique B Báez: Buena y sencilla extensión. Bastante recomendable para gente que está continuamente abriendo pestañas.
- (2017-10-11) Nhung Hoang: Love it!
- (2017-09-28) Arthur G: Très bonne extension qui permet d'apprendre du vocabulaire à chaque fois que l'on va sur chrome.
- (2017-08-22) Adam R: Sweet and fun
- (2017-07-07) Samantha Daley: Love this extension
- (2017-06-14) Lidia M: Después de 2 años usándola, la elimino. El 50% de las palabras son OBVIAS, en katakana. Inútiles totalmente. Sushi, katana, kimono... ¿están de broma?. Es increíble la cantidad de palabras inútiles que lleva. Ni siquiera puedes elegir qué nivel quieres. Desastroso.
- (2021-01-07, v:1.0.17) Kaitlin Dotson: Error in Hiragana Spelling for 灯台
Hiragana for 灯台 reads "とおだい" instead of "とうだい".
- (2019-09-03, v:1.0.17) Brandon McGriff: Error in hiragana reading for 空洞
The romanization is correct, but the hiragana is くどう rather than くうどう.
- (2019-08-07, v:1.0.17) Maverick Chan: Mistake report function is necessary
Thanks for your amazing extension.I found some mistakes during my usage.I think that it is better to have a report panel.Have a good day.
- (2019-06-21, v:1.0.17) Michele Macaluso: Kanjis cut in half
The lower reading in kanji results cut in half, and scrolling or adjusting the settings does not help making them visible! You can see it from this image: https://imgur.com/znI1LUw
- (2019-04-02, v:1.0.17) Languages
Hi there, I was wondering how to change the language? Japanese is set as default, but I see in your pictures you can change languages. The options button is greyed out and unclickable. Kind regards, M.Koerts
- (2018-11-28, v:1.0.17) H: 처방전
This word had wrong pronunciation.
- (2018-08-14, v:1.0.17) Wrong pronunciation
かば [ HIPPO ] ka·wa (should be ka·ba) 河馬
- (2018-06-01, v:1.0.16) Kollin Francis: Incorrect word
Cotton Candy: 1. Is spelled as "Cotten Candy" in the app 2. Pronounced wa-ta-ga-shi and that's the hiragana that's shown but it says it's pronounced wa-ta-ka-shi.
- (2018-05-16, v:1.0.14) Jeremy Williams: Japanese - Katakana
There used to be an option for it to not pull from the list of Katakana (which I found great because some people don't want help with the loanwords), but it no longer shows in the options for me. Has this feature been removed? If so, why?
- (2018-04-29, v:1.0.13) Multiple languages
Hi, This app is great, and I wonder if it could be made to allow for more than one language. I am learning both korean and japanese, and I'd love to have mainichi pick a word in either language! Thank you so much for your work!
- (2018-04-08, v:1.0.7) David Cuyno: Characters displaying incorrectly
All characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) are displaying as random ASCII characters since the update.