Learn Japanese in every new tab without even realizing it!
Features - 23,000+ words - Romaji + audio (new!) so you can learn the pronounciation - Includes hiragana, kanji and katakana translations - Customize the background colour with 8 Japanese colour swatches - Customize which writing you want to see in focus and toggle romaji on/off Feeling generous? Support me here: https://www.paypal.me/anupya About the Developer I am currently learning Japanese and wanted this extension to exist so I decided to make it myself. Big thanks to Michelle Gao for her design advice. Check us out: Me: http://anupya.com Michelle: http://bit.ly/michellegao ----------------------- UPDATES v. 1.0.3 - You can now disable top visited sites! Click on the hide/show icon on the bottom left of the screen. v. 1.0.4 - Audio button integration. You can learn the pronunciation by hearing! Click on the audio button next to the kanji. v. 1.0.5 - Switched the positions of hiragana and kanji so hiragana is more in focus. v. 1.0.6 - Increased word collection from 1812 to 23000+. You can now select whether kanji or hiragana is bigger as well as be able to hide the romaji. Click on the Menu button on the top left.
- (2019-07-26) Austin Riley: Really like the idea. I get "undefined" printed for the Kanji a lot though.
- (2019-04-09) Clus Agus: With latest update its great!
- (2019-04-01) Laura Loss: Great idea but just one thing: in my opinion you need to be able to turn the romaji off for this to be of any use. I really hope the option gets implemented in the future. In the meantime, I believe in the project so you have my money :)
- (2019-03-27) Italo Cortez: I do like the passive learning it gives but atm for me the audio does not work. Could you please check that? With out that i really can not give you a higher rating
- (2019-03-26) Axel Echevarría Piérola: You have problems, you can not play the audio to hear how it sounds
- (2019-03-11) I love this! Only thing that I would improve is adding a function to turn off romaji, since I want to train my eyes to read the script smoothly. Otherwise, a great learning tool
- (2019-02-24) Nathaniel Chen: Works great, and its open source!
- (2019-02-24) Gabriel Pavlica: It's really a neat idea to utilize otherwise blank area on the new tab, the colors are nice also. Wish that in the future there would be an option to change/disable the quick website links.
- (2019-02-23) Isabella Liang: For anyone else obsessed with jdramas (currently in love with Kazoku Game) this extension is the perfect way to learn japanese! The pastel colours are so cute and brighten up my laptop screen with every new tab :)
- (2019-02-22) Rainny Qiu: what a cool way to learn japanese! it's really pretty, and doesn't feel out of place at all on a new tabs page. a great way to expand your vocabulary on a daily basis.