Add notes to email threads in Gmail and Inbox.
- Store Notes in YOUR OWN Google Drive - 100% Free and Open Source - Add Note to Calendar - Show Note Abstract in Email Summary Page - Support Chrome, Firefox and Edge (with notes synced) - Support Multiple Gmail Accounts in Same Browser - Support Sharing to Mobile Devices (https://www.simplemobilecrm.com) - Show Notes During Email Printing - No Need for Gmail Access Authorization ** How to Use ** https://bart.solutions/how-to-use-simple-gmail-notes/ ** FAQ ** https://bart.solutions/simple-gmail-notes-faq/ ** About Advertisements ** For free users, advertisements will occasionally show up in the sidebar of email pages. The advertisements will be displayed for a total of 3 times every 5 days. It's always a fixed advertisement for our internal product, without any tracking. Subscribers could remove the advertisements. ** Paid Features ** - Customer support within 1 business day - Hide logo - Autohide text area when the note is empty - Settings import and export - Set up custom Google Drive folder name - Remove advertisements (https://bart.solutions/simple-gmail-notes-support-package/) ** How to View the Notes in Mobile Device (Android, iPhone and iPad) ** Please use Simple Mobile CRM for viewing notes in mobile devices. (https://www.simplemobilecrm.com/) ** About Edge Browser ** Some Edge users have reported crash on login. If you have experienced the same, please install the extension in Edge Addons Store instead. ** Version History ** == 22.214.171.124 (2023-11-19) == - Fix issue of SGN display due to Gmail UI change, again. == 126.96.36.199 (2023-11-11) == - Fix issue of SGN display for Gmail with note position of 'bottom' == 188.8.131.52 (2023-10-31) == - Fix issue of SGN display for Gmail with split pane enabled == 184.108.40.206 (2023-09-30) == - Supports automatic polling of SGN notes in CRM mobile app - Supports delegated Gmail user with CRM - Fixed misc bugs of SGN == 220.127.116.11 (2023-08-03) == - Fix issue for delegated Gmail user == 18.104.22.168 (2023-07-07) == - Fix issue of inbox abstract display == 22.214.171.124 (2023-04-27) == - Add option in preferences page to strip HTML (useful when revert from richtext editor) - Share to CRM uses long abstract now == 126.96.36.199 (2023-04-05) == - Updated checking of CRM availability - New option in preferences page to disable CRM == 188.8.131.52 (2023-03-06) == - fix issue of '500 Backend Error' == 184.108.40.206 (2023-01-02) == - fix issue of note time display - Search result screen shows links now == 220.127.116.11 (2022-11-19) == - Further patch for Google Drive API issue - Fix problem of note deletion == 18.104.22.168 (2022-11-10) == - Upgrade Google Drive API == 22.214.171.124 (2022-11-5) == - Fix issues of abstract display == 126.96.36.199 (2022-10-13) == - Urgent fix for Gmail UI change == 188.8.131.52 == - Added extra log for query error checking == 184.108.40.206 == - Fix issues that some users could not load the extension == 220.127.116.11 == - Fix issues related to note printing - Upgrade dependent libraries for better security == 18.104.22.168 == - convert email to todo via CRM sidebar - minor bug fixes == 22.214.171.124 == - Show more search results - Allow auto load of note template (subscriber option) - Fix issues of subscription checking (some subscribers may need to re-activate subscription in the preferences page) == 126.96.36.199 == - Show search button at the home page (can disable in preferences page) - Custom font color for each note (subscriber option) - Fix minor issues == 188.8.131.52 == - Reduce memory profile - Fix issues related to note abstract - Fix issues related to note search - Allows more colors in color picker (Subscriber Option) == 184.108.40.206 == - CRM: Allow share of single email to team == 220.127.116.11 (2021-09-21) == - Support custom SGN folder name (subscriber option) - CRM sidebar enhancement == 18.104.22.168 (2021-08-09) == - Support import and export of settings (subscriber option) == 22.214.171.124 (2021-07-11) == - Reduce required permissions - Fix login issue on edge - Added option for always using popup for login == 126.96.36.199 (2021-04-30) == - Faster note appearance in auto hide mode - Responsive width for sidebar display (user could manually select in options) - Fixed issues related to note deletion - Increased max note font size to 32px == 188.8.131.52 (2021-03-29) == - Added option of auto-hide text area for empty notes (subscriber only) - Added option to set up font size for printing - Fixed issue of text area auto-collapse == 184.108.40.206 (2021-01-09) == - Release a more stable version for Gmail UI adaption == 220.127.116.11 (2020-12-09) == - Urgent fix due to Gmail UI change == 18.104.22.168 (2020-10-15) == - Enhancement for SGN stability - Update CRM opener location (after logged into CRM) == 22.214.171.124 (2020-08-05) == - Fixed alternate login URL for Chrome and Firefox - Added customer portal URL for subscription review in preferences page == 126.96.36.199 (2020-07-14) == - Added 'bold' option for notes - Added option to disable warning of '40 network requrests' == 188.8.131.52 (2020-06-17) == - Added multiple comments for emails (need CRM login) == 184.108.40.206 (2020-05-12) == - Fix login problem from Chrome OS 81 == 220.127.116.11 (2019-12-21) == - Fix email print problem - Fix popup menu problem == 18.104.22.168 (2020-03-30)== - CRM related enhancements == 22.214.171.124 (2020-02-12) == - Fix issue for page with preview pane (Gmail UI change) == 126.96.36.199 (2019-11-28) == - Fix for Gmail UI change (for delegated email) == 188.8.131.52 (2019-11-27) == - Fix for Gmail UI change == 184.108.40.206 == - Urgent fix for 40 network requests error == 220.127.116.11 == - Allow note printing == 18.104.22.168 == - Urgent fix for Gmail UI change (again) - Shrink CRM Permission == 22.214.171.124 == - Urgent fix for Gmail UI change == 126.96.36.199 == - Fix bug of abstract display when conversation mode is disabled == 188.8.131.52 == - Optionally disable some Gmail accounts - Show saving status == 184.108.40.206 == - Fix Goolge Inbox related bug - Can show CRM project detail on Gmail desktop page == 220.127.116.11 == - Integration with Simple Mobile CRM (sync notes with mobile devices) == 18.104.22.168 == - Support new Gmail UI (beta) == 22.214.171.124 == - Better Note Search Page - Memory Optimization - Misc Bug Fixes == 126.96.36.199 == - support rich text editor - allow alternate folder name == 188.8.131.52 == - show Google Drive side error - tried to fix problem of text area disappear == 184.108.40.206 == - show more detailed login error - fixed text area jumping problem - fixed performance issue of data fetch == 220.127.116.11 == - fixed problem with Google Inbox == 18.104.22.168 == - SUPPORT Google Inbox - Removed all extra permissions - Fix problem of note jumping in side bar display == 0.9.1 == - Bug fix for abstract display of search result == 0.9.0.4 == - Bug fix for abstract display of emails with special characters == 0.9.0 == - Able to set color to individual notes - Increased max height for textarea - User could select the Google Drive to connect during each login - Fixed bugs regarding to split view
- (2023-11-21) Megan McCormack: I use this all the time, really helps me. A super easy task maker.
- (2023-11-17) Jhon Sanchez: Isn't working since yesterday
- (2023-11-16) arne riber: I love this - Very simple, and very efficient..
- (2023-11-15) Aplicacion Polizas INFO: GOOD
- (2023-11-07) Hotel Production: I love this extension. Keep up the good work!
- (2023-11-02) しゅうかく（sai10sight）: If I set Note Position to Bottom, the input field will not appear. If it is TOP, it will come out, but I would like to place it on Bottom, so please correct it.
- (2023-11-01) Fred Kup: Love this extension, use it to write key words to track progress and group related emails.
- (2023-11-01) Marian Dragan: An excellent extension and an excellent support team as well. Highly recommended.
- (2023-10-31) Ali Ikhlaq: It is a perfect extension but sometimes it stops working so i have to uninstall and reinstall it again its a bug please check and make a correction Thank you!
- (2023-10-27) Elmer Mora Fernández: excelente aplicación
- (2023-10-06) Sheryl and Libby: It's about time someone developed an app to add-on to gmail for taking notes. Google's Keep Notes is an excellent app but it does attach a quick note to an actual email directly. This does! It's not perfect and you have to pay for more features, but as this is only for personal use it works just fine. Note: If you want to sync notes between gmail on you computer and on the mobile app, use the add-on for gmail rather than the add-on for chrome. Check out the Simple Notes web site to make sure you get the right one(s) for your needs. Don't hesitate to ask their customer support questions. They're awesome!!! P.S. It doesn't cost too much for the extra features.
- (2023-09-28) LeeAnn Medford: I have been searching for something like this forever! So glad I found it. It really is a game changer. Made my day!
- (2023-08-27) Angela Atkins: This extension was a game changer on our shared inbox. It has made life SO much easier. Best add on EVER.
- (2023-08-16) Claudia Lee: 非常好用，如果能夠有搜尋備註關鍵字的功能就太棒了。謝謝
- (2023-08-07) РОСЕ спецодяг: Те що шукав must have
- (2023-07-22) max daniels: I cannot cancel the credit card fee they keep charging me each year, several years running, despite me asking them to. They are based on Hong Kong and don't seem to have good customer (or any service.
- (2023-06-23) Simone Viera: Very useful extension, but in the last days I see slow downs in using Gmail, if I disable extension no issues
- (2023-06-16) Salvador “Assoi” Loui: Very nice and useful add-on
- (2023-06-01) OnTrack Outdoor: EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED! THANK YOU!
- (2023-05-24) kelvyn stevens: Very helpful, I highly recommend this extension.
- (2023-05-21) Basile Verhulst: support is extremely hard to find, and the unsubscribe / downgrade plan button does NOT exist. I had to change my credit card to a virtual CC that I cancelled to unsubscribe. Terrible user experience.
- (2023-04-29) Shah Alam: A very useful add-on for the Gmail. I have been using it for over a year, and find it extremely useful. Also, it works as described, and I never observed any glitches in its extension. Well done, and thank you 'bart.solutions', and you definitely deserve 5-stars.
- (2023-04-26) Kahau Kai: Great Add-On! Makes working in GMail a lot more productive and helps keep track of ideas generated in email conversations. Must have if you're using GMail.
- (2023-04-22) Jacqueline Trickless: Brilliant add on
- (2023-04-07) Mark van der Waarde: Super useful extension. Here's hoping the devs add markdown support at some point.
- (2023-04-05) Omar Hussain: Solves a problem! Can now understand context of email
- (2023-03-03) Sandra Wylie: Where has this extension been all my life? I feel like I'm drowning in emails. And using folders and labels don't do the trick. These are a liferaft on my computer screen! I have been sharing this extension with everyone I know, and I use it across the 5 different gmail accounts I manage. Thank you for developing these!
- (2023-03-01) Dana Peake: This is a cool addon. I use it to show notes in the subject line of email updates for shipments. I can also leave a note for something to followup on at a later time - color code that. Very useful. Occasionally after an update it glitches and it's not there. Have to close gmail and reopen. The fact that I get concerned that it's not there shows how dependent I am on it. Nice job.
- (2023-02-15) Tom Baverstock: Love this - really makes managing your inbox much easier
- (2023-02-05) LaDragonista: 4.5 stars This is a really useful app. If it had the capability for inline notes (i.e. highlight text in email and add note there) it would be a 5 star app for sure!
- (2023-01-30) Umair Ahmed: Hi, I m unable to connect google drive...
- (2023-01-20) Rick Williams: I love this app and use it very often. Really saves me a ton of time because it serves as a flag for my most important emails - but the flags have summary statements that I can see without opening the emails. I would give this app a 10 star rating if possible.
- (2023-01-12) R G: When they changed it to require my Google account log in information, I had to remove it. I don't give strangers my log-in data. Derp.
- (2022-12-28) Emil Sajak: Está muy bien la app y la utilizo muy a menudo. Desafortunadamente, desde hace unos días, en la esquina donde debe de aparecer la hora y fecha de la última actualización de la nota, me aparece "aN-NaN NaN:" y en ocasiones, las notas muy recientes desaparecen solas...
- (2022-12-21) Betsy Tomei: Great idea but support is completely lacking - I subscribed to the app becuse I thought this was a great idea. However, every time I try to reach out I get an error message. I try to look up my account --- error message. Completely useless if I can't get support.
- (2022-12-19) Göksenin Göksel: Life saver, thank you
- (2022-12-05) Mariusz Winiarski: Bardzo praktyczne, dobrze działające i świetnie spisujące się w czasie rozszerzenie. Polecam.
- (2022-11-18) Dan Ostapyuk: I've asked Google for years to implement a system like this in default as I see the organizational power of it, and you've come to the rescue. Thank you. Please let me know where I can make a donation.
- (2022-11-11) Ian Miller: Why am I not able to delete my note? It keeps appearing in my inbox and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times
- (2022-11-01) hardik panchal: Great and Helpful extension.
- (2022-10-25) Christine Amutan: Hi, is there a way to share the app to the team w/o logging to one google drive account? Shared account?
- (2022-10-17) José Girão: Fantastic app!!
- (2022-10-14) Tuger Shop Towbar, Gancio di traino, Anhängerkupplung: It now works properly :) Just uninstall the add-on and reinstall Simple Gmail Notes add-on;)
- (2022-10-13) Haruo S: Not working??
- (2022-10-13) Andres Henao: Simple to use, I was so used to leave notes, and use it evry day, but this week it started to stop working on certain emails, now today it stop working.
- (2022-10-13) Hugo Tomé: This extension is great, it helps a lot in organizing emails and I've been using it for a long time! The only thing I would change is the icon design which is outdated... please change the design to a more modern and minimalist style!
- (2022-03-10) Jamie Ng: 2022 0310. love it
- (2022-03-02) Jyothirmayee Channamadavuni: Very helpful
- (2022-02-08) Matt Billiodeaux OSA: Please make the "Simple Gmail Notes" search button more accessible .... Not easy to get to the search; GMAIL's native search will not find notes made with this extension... therefore you must use "simple gmail notes" custom search function, but it is difficult to access the custom search widget. Please make the "Simple Gmail Notes" search button more accessible from all pages (inbox / gmail search / trash) etc, by placing the search button right by Gmails Native search bar Also, please make your notes email specific (instead of applying the notes to the whole conversation)
- (2022-02-01) Jacob Ferencz: I keep all my updates, notes, dates, conversation notes in this app. I could not function without this. If you want the BEST note taking app, this is for you.
- (2017-11-06, v:22.214.171.124) John Klein: Chrome extension
I love your extension and have used it in Firefox for what seems like a long time. I recently switched to Chrome and although the extension is showing in chrome I am unable to write or even see a note that I wrote in Firefox. Can you or anyone help?
- (2017-11-05, v:126.96.36.199) PRT - Pet Rescue Team: Cant see note abstract
some of the note abstact are not appearing in the inbox title line of the emails...Only appears when I actually open the email. Seems this issue started with notes entered today. I can see all others that I entered before today
- (2017-11-03, v:188.8.131.52) Width of the msg box on Sidebar
Hi Team, There was an issue and the note box went missing in the Sidebar Top. Thanks to you, now its back. But now the width of the box is much larger than the original and it becomes difficult to read mails easily. Can you reduce the size of the box on sidebar, Or Do you have an option to set the default size in the setting? Size of the msg box can be reduced for one email, but goes to default size when new email is opened. Thanks
- (2017-11-02, v:184.108.40.206) Scott Oswald: Getting Error Message from mail.google.com
20 consecutive network requests detected from Simple Gmail notes, the extension would be self-disabled for 60 seconds. Error Code: oec:0;Ic:0; pnc:0; tt:18049
- (2017-10-30, v:220.127.116.11) Atsushi Kozakai: 削除方法
- (2017-10-30, v:18.104.22.168) Failed to get Google Driver User
We have been using Gmail notes for many months with great pleasure. This morning is failed to connect and we cannot get it to connect again. After login, we select the account in the Google authentication pop-up as usual. Then we get this error : Failed to get Google Driver User. We have version 22.214.171.124 I do not know if it is related but this WE we installed Team drive in parallel to Google drive. The _SIMPLE_GMAIL_NOTES_ folder is untouched and still on 'old' google drive and still accessible to all.
- (2017-10-26, v:126.96.36.199) sometimes i write in the note section but its not saved and then i have to refresh the whole window
when i refresh the window , sometimes it asks me to log in again into the gmail notes. and then i have to type in my note and then its saved. it happens frequently. how to avoid this ? do i need to update anythign ?
- (2017-10-24, v:188.8.131.52) Sidebar Top
There's something wrong with the "Sidebar top" position. It's "squished", the width went from a couple of inches to a couple of millimeters. It's so narrow that I'm having a hard time even clicking inside the note to start writing and when I do, I can see one letter at a time. Not usable at all.
- (2017-10-24, v:184.108.40.206) C K: Hello
Since this morning, when I choose "sidebar top" as position, the note is set to the far right of the mail, and is nearly invisible, whereas up to this morning, it was clearly visible to the right, a nice yellow box. Thanks Browser Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36 Last Summary Page URL: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox Is Vertical Split: false Is Horizontal Split: true Is Preview Pane: false Is Multiple Inbox: false PE:[mark email id skipped][message not found][set up request sent][textarea already exists][no need to pull rows][pull request sent][no need to check] undefined undefined
- (2017-10-24, v:220.127.116.11) Kinamon Catering: The side bar note
I cannot see the note as it is all jumbled along the side, no more than 2 or three letters large
- (2017-10-23, v:18.104.22.168) Aaron Lowndes: "Empty Note" background color
Can you two background color options? An "empty note" background color (which would I would set to white so it doesn't stand out), and a differnt background color if there are characters in the note (I would set this as a bright color so it catches my eye when I open the email). Cheers,
- (2017-10-13, v:22.214.171.124) Omar Lucas: Google Drive Backup
I love your extention. I noticed it makes an actual folder instead of Google Drive. Personally I would prefer a backup in the style of WhatsApp not accesible for the user, because I don't want to see the folder and erase it by mistake. Congratulations.