Add notes to email threads in Gmail and Inbox.
- Store Notes in YOUR OWN Google Drive - 100% Free and Open Source - Add Note to Calendar - Show Note Abstract in Email Summary Page - Support Chrome, Firefox and Edge (with notes synced) - Support Multiple Gmail Accounts in Same Browser - Support Sharing to Mobile Devices (https://mobilecrm.io) - Show Notes During Email Printing - No Need for Gmail Access Authorization ** Paid Features ** - Hide logo - Hide text area when note is empty ** How to Use ** https://www.bart.com.hk/how-to-use-simple-gmail-notes/ ** How to View the Notes in Mobile Device (Android, iPhone and iPad) ** https://mobilecrm.io/ ** How to Share Notes ** https://www.bart.com.hk/share-notes-for-simple-gmail-notes/ ** Version History ** == 184.108.40.206 (2021-07-11) == - Reduce required permissions - Fix login issue on edge - Added option for always using popup for login == 220.127.116.11 (2021-04-30) == - Faster note appearance in auto hide mode - Responsive width for sidebar display (user could manually select in options) - Fixed issues related to note deletion - Increased max note font size to 32px == 18.104.22.168 (2021-03-29) == - Added option of auto-hide text area for empty notes (subscriber only) - Added option to set up font size for printing - Fixed issue of text area auto-collapse == 22.214.171.124 (2021-01-09) == - Release a more stable version for Gmail UI adaption == 126.96.36.199 (2020-12-09) == - Urgent fix due to Gmail UI change == 188.8.131.52 (2020-10-15) == - Enhancement for SGN stability - Update CRM opener location (after logged into CRM) == 184.108.40.206 (2020-08-05) == - Fixed alternate login URL for Chrome and Firefox - Added customer portal URL for subscription review in preferences page == 220.127.116.11 (2020-07-14) == - Added 'bold' option for notes - Added option to disable warning of '40 network requrests' == 18.104.22.168 (2020-06-17) == - Added multiple comments for emails (need CRM login) == 22.214.171.124 (2020-05-12) == - Fix login problem from Chrome OS 81 == 126.96.36.199 (2019-12-21) == - Fix email print problem - Fix popup menu problem == 188.8.131.52 (2020-03-30)== - CRM related enhancements == 184.108.40.206 (2020-02-12) == - Fix issue for page with preview pane (Gmail UI change) == 220.127.116.11 (2019-11-28) == - Fix for Gmail UI change (for delegated email) == 18.104.22.168 (2019-11-27) == - Fix for Gmail UI change == 22.214.171.124 == - Urgent fix for 40 network requests error == 126.96.36.199 == - Allow note printing == 188.8.131.52 == - Urgent fix for Gmail UI change (again) - Shrink CRM Permission == 184.108.40.206 == - Urgent fix for Gmail UI change == 220.127.116.11 == - Fix bug of abstract display when conversation mode is disabled == 18.104.22.168 == - Optionally disable some Gmail accounts - Show saving status == 22.214.171.124 == - Fix Goolge Inbox related bug - Can show CRM project detail on Gmail desktop page == 126.96.36.199 == - Integration with Simple Mobile CRM (sync notes with mobile devices) == 188.8.131.52 == - Support new Gmail UI (beta) == 184.108.40.206 == - Better Note Search Page - Memory Optimization - Misc Bug Fixes == 220.127.116.11 == - support rich text editor - allow alternate folder name == 18.104.22.168 == - show Google Drive side error - tried to fix problem of text area disappear == 22.214.171.124 == - show more detailed login error - fixed text area jumping problem - fixed performance issue of data fetch == 126.96.36.199 == - fixed problem with Google Inbox == 188.8.131.52 == - SUPPORT Google Inbox - Removed all extra permissions - Fix problem of note jumping in side bar display == 0.9.1 == - Bug fix for abstract display of search result == 0.9.0.4 == - Bug fix for abstract display of emails with special characters == 0.9.0 == - Able to set color to individual notes - Increased max height for textarea - User could select the Google Drive to connect during each login - Fixed bugs regarding to split view
- (2021-07-28) AJ Dandino: How can there be a subscription option for anything that's OPEN SOURCE? I thought that was the whole point of open source.....everyone contributes to its development, but no one profits from it? What am I missing?
- (2021-07-24) Umberto Potenza: L'estensione di per se funziona bene e fa il suo lavoro, però mi rallenta tantissimo il caricamento di Gmail. Ho provato a disattivarla e il caricamento torna ad essere normale, appena attivo nuovamente di nuovo lento il caricamento.
- (2021-07-21) Michael: 100% exactly what i was looking for. the other extension i found had access to delete all my emails, this extension doesnt. great extension!
- (2021-07-09) Heather A: This has been the most exciting add-on to my gmail.com and chrome. It doesn't lag my computer or phone, it saves in Google Drive automatically, it is easy to show off. Pretty sad that I don't have $2 right now a month but when I do, this is the first thing I am going to sign up for. I love it and I hope lots of others sign up and give them a little cash, it is worth it. If it is a small company then they are owed props for doing such a good job! If it is Google then they are already rich.... they should be giving it away!
- (2021-06-27) 78 Industries: I have used this extension for over a year and love it. Then they updated it and added ads for their other products to every gmail message. That is not OK.
- (2021-06-22) Dee: I've been a longtime user of this extension, which I use all the time and have found to be super useful. But the developer is trying to pressure users into a paid subscription just to receive support for this otherwise 'free' extension. So now I open an email to randomly find intrusive ads covering half of the email body, and am left unable to read my email. It only occurs a few times a week, but that is still a few times a week that I'm unable to read my emails, and free or not that is just ridiculous!
- (2021-06-12) Remote Learning: Great extension to keep notes for an email. Specially useful where customers register through email and follow up phone calls are made to get the rest of info. Could not find anything else this simple and effective.
- (2021-06-10) R Joslyn: Helps me keep "all-things-email" accessible in a glance. I even color coded my notes to take it up a notch! This is a life saver because I have 3 emails dump into one. I can color code by company.
- (2021-05-27) Claudia Lee: 非常好用，如果能夠有搜尋備註關鍵字的功能就太棒了。謝謝
- (2021-05-18) Luca Gentile: How to remove ´Simple Mobile CRM´ column?
- (2021-05-17) Lana Kenen: Has good options and it is easy to use but I would love to see a feature that automatically adds all notes to a notes label to make it easy to find emails with a note. The only way to do this is to manually add the email to a "notes" folder for every email.
- (2021-05-17) Robert Hermann: Very useful, thanks! Any chance to add one note to multiple emails in the future?
- (2021-04-27) Neal Hart: I have been using this extension for a few years now but now they are starting to nag you to start paying. Its annoying. I don't use it very often but when I do it's nice to be able to make a note but to be honest to have to start paying for what little I use it's not worth putting up with the annoying reminders to pay. I will be looking for an alternative.
- (2021-04-19) DrGreem Lampard: 3 stars because the box on the right which says: If you do like this extension, please subscribe to SGN Support Package, thank you! I am a subscriber already. Is very annoying and it takes a lot of precious spce, is there any way to remove it?
- (2021-04-18) Carla: Incredibly helpful!
- (2021-04-12) Michael Bannon: It was great until it recently started adding ads to my emails.
- (2021-04-07) Agape Christian Fellowship: Excellent app - very helpful!
- (2021-03-23) Lindsay Pinkham: Great organizing tool for email. You can write little reminders for messages of greater importance, and they stand out when you're looking at your inbox.
- (2021-03-17) Monica Danielski: Have been using for years. Incredibly SIMPLE and so helpful in my day to day work!
- (2021-03-08) Mark Sandlin: This extension inserts ads for the developers' other products into your Gmail window. I uninstalled immediately when this occurred. I use all manner of adblock on Chrome to avoid ads and I will not use extensions that show me even more ads.
- (2021-03-01) Pini Yallin: using SGN for years. very covenient and helpful
- (2021-02-16) Paarad T.: I cant cancel the plan, still need to pay. Cant find the way to cancel the plan.
- (2021-02-05) Iñaki Jiménez Miranda: Genial idea la de poder añadir notas a los mensajes de correo en Gmail. Viene muy bien.
- (2021-01-26) Chaves Pinto: Cumpre o que promete sem qualquer problema. Para mim, extremamente útil. Personalizável para quem gosta. Quase não ocupa espaço na linha junto às outras tags. Pouco ou nenhum atraso se nota no manejo dos email, tirando que por vezes a «tag» demora 1 ou 2 segundos a aparecer, mas nada que atrapalhe o trabalho. Não dou seis estrelas, porque o limite é cinco.
- (2021-01-22) Alexandre Tirman: really helpfull, simple extention Love it !
- (2021-01-11) Arczi Bald: Great Job, really works like poetry. You should add option to hide description area when there isn't any note (only icon to expand the note area) and will be perfect.
- (2021-01-11) George Papadimitriou: edit: I change my rating from 2 to 3 stars because the customer service honestly tried to solve the problem I describe below - yet the problem is still there and still very annoying - sadly there is no other serious alternative out there, so I guess I am stuck with that used to work fine - now it turns off and on again and again messing up with Gmail - really annoying - I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, yet nothing - pls fix it
- (2021-01-05) jimmy demetriou: Absolutely fantastic very easy to use and very adaptable
- (2020-12-24) Ágnes Fuksz: Nagyon szeretem könnyen áttekinthetők a levelek.
- (2020-12-16) William Martin: Great app. Can you make it work in mobile gmail version?
- (2020-12-11) ptr wooyay: super. bardzo brakuje tego na gmailu.
- (2020-12-10) Stephen Nippers: works fantastic
- (2020-12-09) Jason Heinze: Awesome little app -- extremely useful for identifying voicemail transcriptions received via email. I use it constantly and would not want to go back to life without it!
- (2020-12-06) Brandi Fink: I love this extension! It helps me remember at a glance what emails I need to follow up on and what I need to do. I communicate with online students, and this has helped me keep up with multiple ongoing conversations, student questions, technical issues, administrative responsibilities, etc. The color coding option takes it to the next level. I know at a glance based on my color coding which emails are waiting on me, which ones are waiting on the other person to reply, and which ones have been resolved.
- (2020-11-30) Aaron Leybourne: Best option out there - I've looked and continue to, but I've used desktop & mobile for over a year now..
- (2020-11-22) Matthew Rowlands: I envisioned a note app for Gmail, searched, found this and its perfect. Does exactly what its should exactly how it should do it.
- (2020-11-16) Dathan Bennett: I really like the feature overall. It does what it claims, and it does it simply and well. My one complaint -- and when I'm clearing out a lot of stuff from my inbox it turns into kind of a major complaint -- is that it causes my mail to "jump" around as I'm reading it. The plugin seems to wait until it's loaded data for the current thread (or verified there is no data to load) before populating the UI. That means that for potentially a couple seconds after I load an email, the SGN UI isn't visible at the top. Then it appears, and shifts the entire rest of the email down. It would be much better for the UI to be visible immediately, but disabled or with a loading spinner, and then populate the data into it once it's loaded. That would get rid of this annoying visual artifact.
- (2020-11-10) Stephan Hallmann: It's a simple and very usefull tool. I really love it.
- (2020-11-02) Print Nam Chi: quá tốt
- (2020-11-01) Helen Bentley: I find this very helpful
- (2020-10-26) Slade Moses: No more bother with Task, to do list, etc. Simple Notes puts that info. right into my email for instant access and viewing.
- (2020-10-22) Giorgos Siolas: It is the gmail productivity plugin that i was looking for! has everythin, notes, connection to gcal, nice ui customization... highly recommened!
- (2020-10-21) Alice Shipman: It's exactly what I was looking for! A way to summarize what's in an email (or add a note about what you need to do) without having to forward it to myself and lose the ability to easily see the original sender and date information. My only wish would be for Google to integrate it into Gmail as an 'inherent' feature, so that the slight delay on loading wouldn't be an issue, and so that it would integrate with mobile. (I find the separate mobile app to be too cumbersome for my tastes.) But wishing for an awesome thing to be *more* awesome doesn't take away any of the original shine.
- (2020-10-19) PCJ52: It's very handy to be able to attach notes to an email. Thank you for this!
- (2020-10-16) Søndergaard Trading AS: Took a while ... but i love that i can make short notes about progress an info on a tread... thanks you for simple.....
- (2020-10-07) Adam Fursdon: Awesome, something i really needed so i didnt have to write emails to myself!!
- (2020-09-27) Johannes Fleck: does what is says, works well, easy to use
- (2020-09-23) Rick Williams: Simple like it says a big, big help for spotting things I need to locate.
- (2020-09-16) Dragos Tone: Great extension !!!! I love it
- (2020-09-14) Bodree Graphics: LOVE IT!!! I can mark when I send proofs etc... and not have paper sticky notes ALL OVER the place - lol :)
- (2017-11-06, v:184.108.40.206) John Klein: Chrome extension
I love your extension and have used it in Firefox for what seems like a long time. I recently switched to Chrome and although the extension is showing in chrome I am unable to write or even see a note that I wrote in Firefox. Can you or anyone help?
- (2017-11-05, v:220.127.116.11) PRT - Pet Rescue Team: Cant see note abstract
some of the note abstact are not appearing in the inbox title line of the emails...Only appears when I actually open the email. Seems this issue started with notes entered today. I can see all others that I entered before today
- (2017-11-03, v:18.104.22.168) Width of the msg box on Sidebar
Hi Team, There was an issue and the note box went missing in the Sidebar Top. Thanks to you, now its back. But now the width of the box is much larger than the original and it becomes difficult to read mails easily. Can you reduce the size of the box on sidebar, Or Do you have an option to set the default size in the setting? Size of the msg box can be reduced for one email, but goes to default size when new email is opened. Thanks
- (2017-11-02, v:22.214.171.124) Scott Oswald: Getting Error Message from mail.google.com
20 consecutive network requests detected from Simple Gmail notes, the extension would be self-disabled for 60 seconds. Error Code: oec:0;Ic:0; pnc:0; tt:18049
- (2017-10-30, v:126.96.36.199) Atsushi Kozakai: 削除方法
- (2017-10-30, v:188.8.131.52) Failed to get Google Driver User
We have been using Gmail notes for many months with great pleasure. This morning is failed to connect and we cannot get it to connect again. After login, we select the account in the Google authentication pop-up as usual. Then we get this error : Failed to get Google Driver User. We have version 184.108.40.206 I do not know if it is related but this WE we installed Team drive in parallel to Google drive. The _SIMPLE_GMAIL_NOTES_ folder is untouched and still on 'old' google drive and still accessible to all.
- (2017-10-26, v:220.127.116.11) sometimes i write in the note section but its not saved and then i have to refresh the whole window
when i refresh the window , sometimes it asks me to log in again into the gmail notes. and then i have to type in my note and then its saved. it happens frequently. how to avoid this ? do i need to update anythign ?
- (2017-10-24, v:18.104.22.168) Sidebar Top
There's something wrong with the "Sidebar top" position. It's "squished", the width went from a couple of inches to a couple of millimeters. It's so narrow that I'm having a hard time even clicking inside the note to start writing and when I do, I can see one letter at a time. Not usable at all.
- (2017-10-24, v:22.214.171.124) C K: Hello
Since this morning, when I choose "sidebar top" as position, the note is set to the far right of the mail, and is nearly invisible, whereas up to this morning, it was clearly visible to the right, a nice yellow box. Thanks Browser Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36 Last Summary Page URL: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox Is Vertical Split: false Is Horizontal Split: true Is Preview Pane: false Is Multiple Inbox: false PE:[mark email id skipped][message not found][set up request sent][textarea already exists][no need to pull rows][pull request sent][no need to check] undefined undefined
- (2017-10-24, v:126.96.36.199) Kinamon Catering: The side bar note
I cannot see the note as it is all jumbled along the side, no more than 2 or three letters large
- (2017-10-23, v:188.8.131.52) Aaron Lowndes: "Empty Note" background color
Can you two background color options? An "empty note" background color (which would I would set to white so it doesn't stand out), and a differnt background color if there are characters in the note (I would set this as a bright color so it catches my eye when I open the email). Cheers,