Removes the URL link redirect and takes you direct to destination. Remove the middle man and tracking. Remove link Referrer.
It caters to PARTICULAR scenarios. This extension is okay to use along with similar extensions. Fixes redirects that has URL like : http://middlecompany.com/&http://theSiteYouWantToGo.com Note (Sept 2013), Yahoo has changed the inner workings of its site. So the usage scenario shown in my screenshot is no longer valid on Yahoo. I will change screenshot later on. == Two Features == * Fixes link redirects. Allows specifying custom links to work on or to avoid. * Removes link ‘Referrer‘. Its a totally separate feature than fix redirect. It can be disabled in extension Options. The site 'referral' information is removed behind the scenes and for that no icon (in address bar) or anything is shown, works silently. As side effect: * Removes middle-man / tracking. * Improves page load time = You train it by adding links to it as you use it. = == Two use Modes for Redirect feature == * Either Work on All redirect links (except ones in ‘disable’ list). Or * Work Only on specific links/sites that you added to its ‘enable’ list. (Default). Try both and see which suites you best. == How to use it == If webpage didn’t behaved or loaded as expected and there is a fix-url icon in Address Bar then click that icon and add the suggested URL to the disable list. As you use it more, the need to add sites to disable/enable list will get less. Manage list of URLs for which this extension is disabled in extension Options. Dark/black icon in Address Bar => extension is disabled. Dull Brownish icon in Address Bar => extension detects redirect but it didn't fix as site is not in its list. Click on icon to add/remove site. Red-black icon in Address Bar => extension fixed redirect link. == Why remove link Referrer (2nd feature) == When visiting a webpage, the referrer or referring page is the URL of the previous webpage from which a link was followed. Most web servers maintain logs of all traffic, and record the HTTP referer sent by the web browser for each request. The effect of this extension’s ‘remove Referrer’ feature is similar to attribute rel = noreferrer. == Issues == 2014-04: It now also works on 'https:' URLs. So some particular sites might act up. Add those sites to it's disable list. chrome://extensions -> Options -> disable list. == No stats or spyware == Permission warning because it works at deep level.
- (2020-03-21) 24 TV: As of this date it works very well on Chrome where both the Ublacklist and Block Site - Web Site Blocker For Chrome extensions both running at the same time didn't. You add and enable the URL from the site you don't wish to be re-directed from (which in my case was oncam.com)
- (2020-03-11) Google User: It's 2020 now. Last update has been in 2014, six years ago. It no longer works. Say good bye and don't pay any attention to the bogus positive comments.
- (2020-01-09) Alex Unknown: удаляет из ссылок переходы на рекламу admitad
- (2019-10-13) TanatOS Zet: While this extension installed and enabled 'Ship to' country selection on aliexpress.com don't work.
- (2019-08-09) Paul Family: This works like a charm. There are many others with higher user rating but none worked as good as this one for me.
- (2019-04-10) Andrzej Feldgebel: To się zepsuło po jakiejś aktualizacji i już nie działa,
- (2019-01-16) Messiah Mews: Does not work on Youtube redirect. All links in description are still preceded by "https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https". We need one to clean up youtube description links too. All social media now has this ongoing problem.
- (2018-11-30) Не удаляет &_openstat=(...) и &utm_source=(...) из ссылок с Яндекс.Маркета.
- (2018-09-23) Adrian: Todo Funciona bien, solo tiene el problema que no funciona twitter mientras esté activada
- (2018-07-27) Moo Scree: This definitely still works for me, and I prefer it over the buggy "Skip Redirect" extension. *** Note it has to be *enabled* in its settings after installation! (See below please.) ***
- (2018-06-13) Gona: Dzięki temu dodatkowi da się korzystać z zapytaj bez przekierowania na onet. :3 Wspaniale.
- (2018-05-07) Allen Tompkins: useless
- (2018-04-24) Nyarlathotep: добавил все три сайта алиэкспресса aliexpress/passport/login - а все равно не логинится =\
- (2018-04-06) Elyas Teguh Harianto: it works for my chrome.thanks
- (2018-02-16) Kris OC: didn't work
- (2018-02-16) Aeris: I think it gave me a virus but idk I keep getting notifs of allowing extensions to be added on chrome which I havent added
- (2018-02-08) Tegan Leach: It doesnt work.
- (2018-01-24) Brecht Derwael: What it does, it does great. Of course it won't always work for any use case. But it has helped me tremendously over the past year, this is the third computer I install this on. Go dev!
- (2018-01-20) Nanny Pakaporn: Doesn't work at all
- (2017-12-28) UNIS BOND: does not stop redirections
- (2017-11-26) Jason II Gunning: Broken, I tested it on Mediafire. It didn't work, so I hope you can fix it soon.
- (2017-11-16) Amin: ok
- (2017-11-14) JP: This is still redirecting and on top of that the redirected link is a clone page of the first page
- (2017-11-14) Scott Fenton: Didn't work at all, despite careful installation and re-launching Chrome. Fails on www.vrbo.com, craigslist, and yahoo. Actually, fails on every attempt, but does manage to slow browsing down.
- (2017-11-09) Yz C: doesn't work