A mode to keep you focused at work !
Focus Mode helps you stay focused when you work with your computer. The idea is simple, when you work or study using your computer, there are so much distractions available on the internet that you easily loose your focus! So to help you preventing your future productivity decreasing, you just have to activate the Focus Mode! Functionalities (when activated): - Block a predefined list of distracting websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…) - Block a customizable list of distracting websites of your choice - Quick Add/Remove action on each website (with checkboxes) This extension has been done in a couple of days from an idea I had when I saw my girlfriend on Facebook instead of studying. It is open source under GPLv3 and you can find the source code on Github (Focus-Mode). If you experience any issue with it, feel free to report it, I'll try to correct it as soon as possible.
- (2020-03-09) Ruurt van Berkum: Dit helpt mij enorm. Vooral dat de browser nog even tegen mij zegt dat ik weer aan het werk moet.
- (2020-02-13) Mingyi Yang: Really love this extension ! ! ! Can you add a "stop block for 10 min" feature to it? It will be very useful to pull people back to work after they stopped the focus mode and kept browsing entertaining websites.
- (2020-01-23) JESSE PICKERING: Very useful. A tip for other users: if your focus problem is searching stuff, not just visiting certain websites, then you can block google.com and it will not allow you to search anything. Could be improved with a timer. Perhaps a password too? (could be toggleable)
- (2019-11-24) shahriar sadi: So simple yet so effective.
- (2019-11-17) Leehie Bortman: This is the most cohesive focus app; does everything i need it to. It's easy to set up, lets me add and delete sites as i need them, and shows me how many times i tried to log on to other sites when im supposed to be working. In my opinion it works better than its competitors- simple, easy to turn on and off, perfect for what i need it to do
- (2019-09-08) tinafeyismyaunt: Really great extension for studying. The only thing it needs is a timer to show how long you have been focusing.
- (2019-09-08) Ahmed Nadeem: amazing, just wish it had a lock or smth. Then 5 stars but still loved it.
- (2019-08-23) martin fierro: Muy bueno!!
- (2019-05-08) Sergio Vernis: It's good, but it would be better if it prevented unlocking at certain times.
- (2019-04-14) Pedro Lima: The app idea is really great, but as far as I could see, the app allows me to disable it every time I want, which makes it useless for an unruly guy like me.
- (2019-04-13) Don Watza: I love this idea and think you've got something here. Would you mind if I offer my user experience? User input, could you reverse the logic or offer a different option? That is instead of a black list, there's a white list? Here's why, my ideal workflow is to arrive at work and open up or return to site 1, 2, 3 and perform tasks. Then, move on to sites 4 and 5. Then, I take a break. If you could follow my workflow then no other sites could interrupted until I take a break. When I'm most productive I focus for 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Then, a 10 minute break. Research points out a routine like this delivers the right balance of work, thinking, completion and the repetition with a break keeps fatigue away. Just an idea.
- (2019-03-21) Kelli Sarre: Can't stop yourself from impulsively checking social media when you have work to do? Pomodoro schedules and timers not really your thing? This is just what you need: a handy little switch to disable all of your time-wasters until the project is done, that can be easily reactivated if absolutely necessary without having to disable the app. Perfect, simple interface that goes above and beyond. I love it.
- (2019-03-04) Julien Samson: Simple but it have all I need.
- (2019-02-23) Yvonne Valenzuela: I had no Idea how many times I entered social media without even thinking about it! This app is the best! I had helped me to stay focused and consume less social media. Love it for real!
- (2019-02-22) I like it!
- (2018-10-21) G Jaque: An excellent extension has helped heaps when I'm doing homework or studying, but I did some playing around and I found that if you are on a website, say youtube.com, and that website is blacklistes. Then if you activate your program it will not identify you are on a blacklisted site even if you use the site and refresh the page. (This could happen because it is only blocking youtube.com and not youtube.com/(video link). Thanks. Love it nonetheless keep it up.
- (2018-10-04) Hanchao Yang: A nice extension. Adding timing mode would be better.
- (2018-08-15) Atuxe Young: Hope helpful for me. Thanks
- (2018-06-22) mc s: thanks. good url filter when you want to concentrate
- (2018-05-22) Crayon Eater: Simple app, but helps so much thank you homie
- (2018-05-06) Jeffrey Matheus: Really good extension! You should add more features to it!
- (2018-04-23) Vanya Shrivastava: Amazing
- (2018-03-25) Amit M: Awesome.
- (2018-03-08) Diya Vekaria: Really good
- (2018-02-25) Winniber Ferrer Mancilla: the best
- (2018-04-04, v:1.2) Junaid Hashim: Add a timer
This is the exact extension I was looking for. Add a timer so that and alert is created indicating work mode has ended and allowing for a timed break where one can binge on blocked websites.
- (2018-03-08, v:1.2) Diya Vekaria: Password protecton
Could an implementation of a password be added to prevent the person using chrome to disable it.
- (2017-12-16, v:1.2) Allow List
Could you also add a feature to only allow specific sites. Sometimes I want to only be able to access a specific site and block everything else!
- (2017-09-08, v:1.1) timer
If there was a way to set this feature on a scheduled timer of some sort would make exactly what I've been looking for. ex: Turn on 9:00am-5:00pm
- (2017-05-03, v:1.1) Edwin Reynoso: Custom Lists
Under "Custom blocked sites" if you have different lists to block and easily enable/disable that would be awesome
- (2016-08-08, v:1.0) Josh Yuan: Works for a short while only
Works fine for a while, but after multiple new tabs and a few minutes, the distraction attempts resets to 0, letting me reopen blocked sites again. Need to re-click activate to start blocking sites again.