Instantly change the sharing permissions of a Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Drawing to "Anyone with the link can view".
How many times have you shared out a link and had a faceslap moment where you forgot to change the sharing permissions? The Alice Keeler AnyoneCanView Chrome extension helps you with this problem. When creating a Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides or Google Drawing the default sharing setting is private. Changing the viewing permissions requires multiple clicks. Instead, click the AnyoneCanView Chrome extension to instantly change the sharing permissions to "Anyone with the link can view." This will open the viewing permissions to those outside of your domain or school. The link to the Google Doc is also automatically copied to your clipboard. This saves you from the extra step of copying the URL after you changed the sharing permissions. Simply paste (Control V) the link where you want to share the document and have full confidence that others can view the document. See my other Chrome extensions at http://alicekeeler.com/webstore
- (2018-06-01) Debra Stancliff: I could not get this to work.
- (2017-12-03) Ms. Lee: So easy!
- (2017-11-08) Paul West: Anything that can save me several clicks when working in Google Drive is a must in my book. This handy extension has saved me tons of time. You rock Alice! Can't wait for your next extension!
- (2017-08-10) Nyree Clark: I love being able to change the setting quickly. Makes my workload easier.
- (2017-07-01) Kimberly Christian: Best tool ever! ♥
- (2017-04-24) Teresa Vera: An amazing time-saver. Thanks so much.
- (2017-03-11) Amy Garoutte: This is really EASY! Thanks!!!
- (2017-03-04) Jacki Sloan: Love this app. Great to have the one click option. Thanks for creating and sharing Alice Keeler.
- (2017-02-03) Dan Little: Works perfectly. Such a time saver. Thanks... you rock Alice.
- (2017-02-03) Susan Ferdon: Woohoo!! This worked perfectly. SO happy to not have to click through all those steps when I want to change sharing permissions and send out a link. Thank you :)
- (2017-01-30) Dana Turner: I click on it and nothing happens. Does not work.
- (2017-01-29) Lisa Winer: Just what I needed! Thanks!
- (2020-01-24, v:1.0.8) Susan Hoffman: Still unable to use this app--problem reported to Support 1/10/20
We are still getting the message: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google to use Google sign in. This is odd because up until a number of months ago, teachers have been using this app along with Google sign in. Something needs to be fixed.
- (2019-12-17, v:1.0.8) Rene Gaudreau: Not working
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
- (2019-12-17, v:1.0.8) Pierre Campeau: Not working for me
I am getting a error message.... is this extension still working?
- (2019-12-16, v:1.0.8) Brad Cogdell: Anyone can view was working but now I'm getting an error message
I'm getting the following error: Sign in with Google Temporary disabled for this app. This app has not been verified by Google in order to use Google sign in. Any ideas on a fix?
- (2019-07-30, v:1.0.8) Katie McCloskey: Shared drive sharing
HI, I love this extension but it doesn't seem to work in a Shared Drive at school but works really well in My Drive. Any chance it could tweaked to work in Shared Drive? Is there something the Sysadmin could do?
- (2019-02-27, v:1.0.8) Mary-Anne Evers: No docs/slides etc in this directory
Hi - this extension stopped working at the end of last year. It seemed to work again early this week which was SUPER exciting, but now it's not working again. Very sad as this was an amazing extension!
- (2018-07-22, v:1.0.8) Wanda Terral: Error
I am getting an error when trying to use this today. Tried from two different users (one personal, one GAFE). Simply says "error" in a dark gray box. Tried uninstalling & reinstalling to make sure it got permissions. No luck.
- (2018-05-10, v:1.0.8) Robert Sherer: Link Not in Color and Does Not Change Permissions
The extension is not in color and does not change permissions. [email protected]
- (2018-02-20, v:1.0.8) Maureen Tumenas: Grayed out on edu account
This only works on my personal account, not on my school account
- (2018-02-01, v:1.0.8) Chad Eichenberger: Video
Alice, Just wondering if you could get this to work for a video? Love that it works for docs but would like to use if for videos uploaded to drive also. Thanks! Chad E
- (2017-11-24, v:1.0.8) Bethany Deputy: Toggle Camera Option?
Hello! I love your new extension. I have always been frustrated by the multiple steps to get a web cam snapshot into Google Drive. Your extension is so seamless and quick. One thing I'd love to see added is the ability to toggle the camera. We are piloting Chromebooks with dual facing cameras, and we're often left waiting for the app developers to add in a toggle button. For example, Book creator has an easy to use toggle button when adding a picture to a project, but Seesaw's web version does not. An extension with the ability to snap a photo using either camera would be awesome!
- (2017-11-18, v:1.0.8) Robin Geggatt: icon will not work.
Grayed out. How do I fix this? I have the doc opened and it still does not work. Very frustrated.
- (2017-10-16, v:1.0.8) Driving Digital Learning Michelle McClellan-Truman: Wont work
This app is grayed out and won't allow me to use it. AND Matt Miller just pushed it out via his blog...based on the info here it has not worked for a while. Unless it is just on the Edu accounts.
- (2017-09-06, v:1.0.8) Kelly Kermode: Not functional for me
Hey Alice, I can't seem to get this to work with my edu account. Suggestions?