A simple timer built for Chrome
You can set timers from the omnibox. It is good for Keyboard lovers. Type 'tm' and space, then you can set the timer from the omnibox. When time is over, Chrome will show a desktop notification and tell you a message you entered. The default message is 'Timer done!'. Please send me feedbacks! If you find any bugs or have new feature requests, please click 'Send Feedback' from 'DETAILS' page and enter feedback there. # Timer commands * `10 Lunch` : the default unit is minute. This timer will ring in 10 minutes. * `30s` : 30 seconds * `20m Go home` : 20 minutes * `1h meeting` : 1 hour # More commands * `show` or `options` : opens Options page. This page shows timers you created, statistics and options you can select. # UI * Browser Action * You will see Omnibox Timer icon next to Omnibox. * Hide: If you right-click the icon, you can see an option to hide this icon. * Click: if you click the icon, chrome will open Options page. * Feedback: you will see 'add' or 'error' from the icon when you type any commands to Omnibox Timer. * Options * This page shows timers you created, statistics and options you can select. * You can open this page from Omnibox command, Browser Action icon or Chrome Settings page. * You can select TTS or Bell for sound option. * You can select how to suggest timer texts: 'Most recently used timer first' or 'Most frequently used timer first'. # Releases * 0.5.0: Add an option for `no sound`. (Thanks @nocaoper https://github.com/nocaoper) * 0.4.2: Patches to use new window.Notification API. (Thanks @sunaku https://github.com/sunaku) * 0.4.1: Patches to use new chrome.notifications API. (Thanks @sunaku https://github.com/sunaku) * 0.4.0 * Fixed UI issues after Chrome updates * Now Omnibox Timer suggests the text you previously typed. * You can see an example here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/taicki/omnibox-timer/master/history.gif * You can select how to suggest timer texts: 'Most recently used timer first' or 'Most frequently used timer first'. * 0.3.1: Reduce permission requirements. * 0.3: You can choose TTS or Bell from Options page. After you enter commands, you will see the feedback from Browser Action icon. * 0.2: New options page is introduced! * 0.1.2: Upgrade to manifest version 2 (Thanks to @sukima https://github.com/sukima ) * 0.1.1: Please click anywhere in notifications to close them.
- (2020-02-22) Vasilis Vr.: It's nice that you can set as many timer events as you want. It would be also nice to be able to select from different alarm sounds and also how long they should last, as well at what volume. The existing alarm sound is very short and someone in another room might miss it. In terms of simplicity it is very good.
- (2020-02-15) Suhas A: Total B.S, no longer works
- (2019-11-01) Gianmarco David: This is awesome for anyone who likes plain text/command line. I just wish there were more sounds available
- (2019-09-29) Sue Gray: Simple, easy to use. Thank You! Suggestion: Would appreciate other tone options for the timer notification.
- (2019-08-27) Мансур Истрафилов: Minimalist and perferct.
- (2019-07-15) Quan Liu: Nice.If I add a reminder successfully, The extension can have a hint of successful operation, That's perfect. Thank you.
- (2019-06-06) Matthew Sobecky: Appears to only work by opening its own tab. Uninstalled.
- (2019-05-07) Jakub Unold: Love the extension, although would love it even more if you could add little box next to the icon showing how much time's left :) It'd help a lot
- (2019-04-28) USEL mağazasi: Doesn't work at all - impossible to add new time (
- (2019-03-24) tiger leclair: Very good. There isnt any documentation or links if you click on the extention icon though. the only information is in this page, the description, so if you forget where you got it, you might be very confused.
- (2019-03-01) It was difficult to use because it lacked a description of how to use it. Entering "tm + space" has found a way to enter the timer
- (2019-01-26) JUAN MOISES GONZALEZ WINTHER: looks nice, but.. I didn't understand how to use the comands :(
- (2018-12-28) Bartłomiej Szczotka: very nice tool! congratulation for author!
- (2018-11-30) Iakov Davydov: Just what I needed.
- (2018-10-25) Sleuth Clinic: Couldn't get it to work, so I couldn't use it...From the more recent reviews, it looks like this extension stopped working properly months ago and needs to be removed from the Chrome Web Store...
- (2018-08-28) Roger Brownlie: No idea how to use it. No instructions.
- (2018-07-16) pooj chandra: simple, easy to use, few points of improvement: 1) Add a remove delete button 2) User should be able to sort the list of timers on any of the columns, especially the notification time column 3) Somehow sync it with your phone if user is not near computer If 1 or more feature is implemented, then I would love to give it 5 stars.
- (2018-07-14) Arslan Kabir: Horrible
- (2018-07-10) Shimon Carroll: Great Timer! Really useful, thanks for the effort, 5/5
- (2018-06-19) aione: 好神奇
- (2018-06-15) Shyine Cornwall: Horrible and very bad and confusing. Do Not buy this app!!
- (2018-06-14) zeppy13131: Perfect! I don't know what people are complaining about—that the alarm is "just plain text", etc. When time's up, a (very noticeable) message pops up in Windows's Notification area, and text-to-speech says the text you typed. If you need something fancier, I'm sure you can find it—but this extension's fine for those of us who want something quick and easy.
- (2018-05-23) It works perfectly
- (2018-04-08) connor maynes: An elegant solution! Thank you for putting this together. I love how you integrate this with the browser.
- (2018-02-23) Janet Brien: This timer doesn't work anymore. Should be deleted from the store.
- (2020-03-30, v:0.5.0) ROMANO CARLI BALLOLA: Come scrivere tempo edescrizione sul desktop
come scrivere tempo e descrizione sul desktop
- (2018-03-14, v:0.5.0) traductor
como entro al traductor de omnibox
- (2018-01-03, v:0.5.0) Midnight Warrior: Not user-friendly
No clear description on how to use this timer. Can't stop or delete a timer that's set. Uninstalled this app in a few minutes after installing it.
- (2017-10-17, v:0.5.0) YCADAN DU: Delete set timer
There needs to be the ability to delete or cancel a timer that has already been set. This is a critical function for an extension like this.
- (2017-10-09, v:0.5.0) Ruben Tamayo: How to delete or remove a timer set?
I would like to remove, delete or cancel a timer set.
- (2017-09-21, v:0.5.0) Question
How do you use it? There is no description.
- (2017-04-16, v:0.5.0) Edwin Reynoso: Help with Development
Hey I'd love to help develop this more, please contact me
- (2017-01-31, v:0.4.2) it shaman: Creating several timer in 1 command
Thank you for your greet app. Please, add the option to creating two or more timer in one command. For instance like this: 50m timer1; 10m timer2 P.S. And deleting timers is very useful too.
- (2017-01-01, v:0.4.2) Ernest Johnson: exact time
i'd like to set a time for an exact time -- for example, 10:15am. how?
- (2016-12-13, v:0.4.2) Vinícius Lavorato: Add a command to delete timers
Please, add the option to delete a timer before it goes off. This would really make the extension THAT much better
- (2016-05-28, v:0.4.2) Robert Markowitz: Sound
Idea for Omnibox Timer sounds great, but I can't use it if it doesn't sound an alarm as well as showing a message. If I'm away from my computer at the designated time, I wouldn't know the timer went off till I got back.