Search for bookmarks from the omnibox.
- (2022-11-19) Harsh Verma: Very easy to use !!! Exactly what I wanted! Improved my life 2x
- (2022-09-29) Prasannjeet Singh: It's a good idea, but there is a scope for improvement. 1. Search shows only a few suggestions, so the user might think these are the only search results. Please show more results if possible. 2. The search algorithm is very weak. For example, if my bookmark is saved as "Run Docker commands in Rancher", if I search for "Docker Rancher" it will still not show me the result. This effectively makes the extension very less useful, since no one remembers the exact phrase of their bookmarks, unless they just want to search using just one word.
- (2022-07-08) Francis Jolin: exactly what I was looking for. many thanks for this!
- (2022-06-26) ishagu rasheedhu: REALLY USEFUL
- (2021-10-20) Myles Duncan-King: Exactly what i needed!
- (2021-03-11) Alex Chung: loving this, perfect for my needs.
- (2021-03-08) Siavash Mortazavi: FEEDBACK: Thanks for the extension, it's supper useful. Currently the search has a 'starts with...' algorithm, please include a 'contains...' algorithm as well. It is a very common scenario when then user wants to look up a keyword or phrase among all bookmarks. Thanks a lot! :-)
- (2020-12-31) Derrick Martin G.: Far superior search results as compared to a standard Chrome bookmarks search. Would be great to have the search string return results for names of folders in bookmarks.
- (2020-11-19) B. Silva: The best extension for Chrome bookmarks and their browsers derived from it, I recommend it to everyone !! A melhor extensão para favoritos do Chrome e seus navegadores derivados dele, recomendo à todos!!
- (2020-11-12) Andrey B: Perfect!
- (2020-10-31) Venator: Nice.
- (2020-09-09) Prof Plum: Does something useful & isn't reading my browsing history!
- (2020-09-04) ابو جابر ر: not work with me
- (2020-02-24) NJ Darda: can't imagine using chrome without it anymore tbh
- (2020-02-01) Veeresh Devireddy: Hi, The sub-string search doesn't work in most cases, below are cases: 1. Search "free ssl" - It works 2. Search "ssl free" - It does NOT works 3. Search "free cert" - IT does NOT work, though the bookmark name is "free ssl cert" Can you fix these issues? I got 3000+ bookmarks, and this sub-string feature is very important. You just need to search based on multiple independent words, not just straight string.
- (2020-01-08) Jacob Zhong: such a useful tool!
- (2019-12-16) Adrian Garza: I Love this extension because I can get to pdf's with shortcuts i've created in bookmarks way quicker than having to click my way through pages to get where I want, I think having an option without this line of code " (!jsMatch.test(n.url) || " under the function b.searchSubTrees in search_common.js would be very beneficial. I have bookmarks with similar url's but no where near the same bookmark title. that way i wouldnt have to type the entire bookmark title before i get the (only match) suggestion.
- (2019-11-07) Brendan McGeever: Very useful.
- (2019-11-06) Daniel Clavijo: unique
- (2019-10-08) Aaron N. Brock: Very helpful, however, when searching the number one option in the drop down is "Search in Bookmarks" rather than the actual bookmark... It'd be great if there was a option to disable this. Also, the ability to change the keyword from "bm" would be nice.
- (2019-09-03) Dinesh Yenneti: Works just as described. The icon looks ugly, please make it a png without white background.
- (2019-07-04) Mike Maksim: Simple, effective, and functional! FINALLY a near-perfect implementation of searching and opening bookmarks directly from the omnibox! Prior to using this, I could enter part of a bookmark name, and maybe only one result from my bookmarks would actually be listed as a suggestion, despite having several bookmarks with matching names. Now I can see up to 5 results, and can simply choose to search in bookmarks if that isn't enough. My only suggestion would be to let the user specify the maximum results to show, or include a scrollbar so that all results can be found by hover-scrolling over the suggestion list. Thanks for this extension!
- (2019-05-18) reo kim: 해보세요....
- (2019-05-14) The T: Doesn't tell you where the bookmarks are. Completely useless.
- (2019-05-13) Lewis Jackson: Adds a feature that I used religiously instead of a bookmarks toolbar so thank you. Not sure why it isn't in Chrome as standard so really helpful that you've made an extension. Could you make it possible to change the keyword please? That'll earn the extra star! :)
- (2019-03-03) yotta117: Muy util cuando quieres usar tu marcador pero no quieres o recuerdas todo el nombre de este
- (2018-12-21) kktt 007: On chrome, when you open a page,you could enter "b" ,the build-in function is the same with this addon.
- (2018-12-21) 赵赦: 能不能让用户自定义 关键字 啊，新用户，经常忘记触发词是 bm 还是 bs can you make the trigger word customizable，i am a new user and i often forgot the bs keyword
- (2018-12-05) Mustafa: Looks like it works, thank you! I had an improvement in mind: Can you highlight the matching search pattern in the result (like the omnibar)?
- (2018-11-30) Tony Vlček: Just installed this, but the first impressions is great. Exactly what I was after. Thanks :)
- (2018-10-06) sangsaifa petchmanee: Useful and easy to use but I would like to change keyword from "bm" to "b", Please make the option to change the keyword.
- (2018-09-28) 황원재: Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
- (2018-09-25) Raul Jimenez Ortega: I love it but I have notice it stopped working a couple of weeks ago, what could happened?
- (2018-09-20) Mojtaba Vahdati: This extension is awesome BUT it would be fabulous if you added an advanced search feature too. For example: bookmarks containing both words foo and BAr :)
- (2018-09-01) Randeep Singh: Awesome stuff.
- (2018-08-22) Nari Soundarrajan: Works great once you type bm in the address bar, hit TAB, Pulls up the bookmark correctly. Thank you smart coder!
- (2018-07-25) llewkcaj: brilliant! able to search texts in the bookmark names
- (2018-07-19) Andrew Spoda: minimalist and USEFUL! to Author: add ability to change search system tag "bm" in options. Thanks.
- (2018-07-03) Morgan Dax: It doesn't work with Windows 10 and Chrome.
- (2018-06-30) Paul Gee: Does not show bookmark folders that match search string, so if you have organised your favourites that way it misses the most obvious repository for what you want.
- (2018-03-08) Ken Pittman: Does not work. Clicking "search bookmarks" takes you back to the extensions store again.
- (2018-02-24) Epikem: Fantastic
- (2018-02-17) Rafe Goldberg: Great extension. One request and one idea: 1. I'd like to be able to customize the search keyword from "bm" to something like "*". 2. I'd like to be able to search by URL and by the Bookmark's folder path. Otherwise a 5★ extension!
- (2023-02-08, v:1.4.3) Amazon Bookmarks: Question .vs. @bookmarks
Hi I use and appreciate this extension. One question, how does this differ from native chrome://bookmarks/q=%s?
- (2022-04-11, v:1.4.3) Nikky Shah: Vivalid
Hi, the extension's address bar search function doesn't trigger on Vivaldi 5.2.2623.26 (Stable channel) (64-bit) Any known solutions?
- (2021-04-10, v:1.4.3) Frank Skare: Suggestion for a more intelligent bookmark search algorithm
I would like to suggest a more intelligent bookmark search algorithm: Search the beginning of the bookmark title and show the result on top, if nothing is found search in the middle of the title, after that search the beginning of the URL, after that the middle of the URL. This is much more than a little improvement, the current algorithm is so bad that it's not usable at all, this is true for both the omnibox bookmark search and also for the bookmark search in the bookmark manager.
- (2021-02-15, v:1.4.3) Jos van der Sanden: Keyword BM doesn't work
First of all, thanks for this extension. I really liked it and was using it every day. But since a couple of days the BM keyword doesn't work anymore for me. When typing this, it doesn't use the extension anymore to search. What am I doing wrong?
- (2021-01-21, v:1.4.3) Anand Sunku: folder found info
Hi, can you include - folder the link was found .. - recent link on the top so that it is easy to locate and browse
- (2020-10-06, v:1.4.3) Andrew Taub: display
No issue, just trying to figure out if it's possible to display the book mark name somewhere? I connect to a lot of sites that use IP addresses rather than domain names. I'd like to see the book mark name someplace, even if it's a mouse over. I know that's a odd request.
- (2020-04-05, v:1.4.3) Nikhil Maddirala: Suggestion to improve the search algorithm
Thank you for this awesome application! :) One thing that would significantly improve the user experience for me is an improved search algorithm. For example, I have a bookmark named "XYZ project folder google drive", but it doesn't show up when I search for "XYZ google drive". The search only seems to work if I enter all the words in exactly the right order, which I don't always remember. Thanks in advance for taking my suggestion into consideration! :)
- (2020-02-19, v:1.4.3) U M: Bookmarklet doesn't work.
- (2020-02-01, v:1.4.3) Veeresh Devireddy: Sub-string Search Not Working
Hi, The sub-string search doesn't work in most cases, below are cases: 1. Search "free ssl" - It works 2. Search "ssl free" - It does NOT works 3. Search "free cert" - IT does NOT work, though the bookmark name is "free ssl cert" Can you fix these issues? I got 3000+ bookmarks, and this sub-string feature is very important. You just need to search based on multiple independent words, not just straight string.
- (2019-10-09, v:1.4.3) s k: opens web store not search
- (2019-07-12, v:1.4.3) Sharun Kumar: Wish there was an option to map a shortcut key to search bookmarks
When hotkey is mapped and pressed, automatically the search should be invoked for this extension. Currently I am using Autohotkey on windows to perform this task. Also please update the bookmarks icon it looks like prehistoric chrome
- (2019-03-06, v:1.4.3) Monica Tam: Brand Collaborations
Hello, I wanted to know if you would be interested to collaborate with Brandreward (http://www.brandreward.com). We offer different types of money earning options that could be easily customized with your chrome plugin. No popups involved or anything to slow down the tech you already have. We work with all sorts of brands like Lenovo, Singapore Airlines and more. Let me know if you would be interested in chatting more. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to discuss more! I look forward to speaking with you. Speak soon, Monica
- (2019-01-09, v:1.4.3) Grant Mills: Seems to be killing keyboard shortcuts in gmail
I couldn't use '/' or 'gl' then disabled this extension, and the shortcuts started working again. Like the extension otherwise.
- (2018-07-25, v:18.104.22.168) A M: Update to match new Chrome
Hey, this is an awesome little extension, thank you. Do you have any plans on updating it to match the new chrome? Indeed if the bookmark is not found, it goes into the bookmark search page, but the format of the latter has been updated since a couple of months or more, so you have to re-fill manually the Chrome bookmarks search bar instead of it being filled by the extension. Thanks and thanks!
- (2018-07-06, v:22.214.171.124) Joshua Chandra: Can the "bm" shortcut be changed?
I'm looking to make it just "b" instead. Thank you!
- (2018-04-12, v:126.96.36.199) Edward Gomez: Does Not Perform the Search
Does not work on Windows 10 Chrome. Search bookmarks takes me to the bookmarks manager but does not perform the search. It seems that there is something wrong with the search string: chrome://bookmarks/#q=(search term). Please fix.
- (2018-03-04, v:188.8.131.52) How Does it work?
I have the Bookmark Search Extension added to my Chrome browser, but when I click the little star icon for bookmark search, and then type into the address bar, Chrome just does a regular Google search of the web. How do I get it to search my Bookmarks?
- (2018-01-26, v:184.108.40.206) Candice Hogan-Crantz: Bookmark Search Isn't Working
Please help. No word entered is yielding any results. Thank you.
- (2017-11-08, v:220.127.116.11) Dubinsky Dee Soares: NOt indexing
Doesnt seem to be working . Not indexing