Popup Korean-English dictionary that shows you the definitions of Korean words when you hover the mouse next to them
Toktogi is a popup Korean-English dictionary. Once installed and turned on, simply hover the mouse in front of a Korean word on a page and a box will pop up with the definition in English. This is great for people reading Korean web pages who don't want to have to copy and paste words into a search engine or dictionary to get the definition. Toktogi uses a dictionary created from the 'kengdic' project, which you can find here: https://github.com/garfieldnate/kengdic Toktogi is inspired by the Japanese language learning extensions Rikaichan and Rikaikun. Twitter: https://twitter.com/toktogiapp Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.toktogi.com
- (2020-11-14) Soyoltoi Uranchimeg: It works all right. I would really appreciate a monolingual dictionary for more intermediate+ learners (eg. 기초사전).
- (2020-07-29) Biscuit Kreuger: I need the pronunciation written in english
- (2020-03-26) Julie W: Really hard to use The extension selects single characters and won't give me the definition of longer words. It does work some of the time, but the stress of trying to get this to work properly is so high, I might as well just use a dictionary.
- (2018-08-15) B. Siliso: It doesn't work with all sites. I have to copy and paste things into the google search engine, search it and then read it. They should update the encoded text it's able to read.
- (2018-04-28) Changjin Yang: good!
- (2018-01-04) A P: Is 회사원 = businessman? a clerk for a firm employee, (salaried) worker, company staff[worker] It is never a person with huge money who owns a business. The amount of errors is just too big.
- (2017-12-24) CL Tan: I'd like to comment that it doesn't parse the determiner and gerund forms of verbs. Other than that it's pretty good. Sadly it has not been updated for nearly two years. Please do something about it.
- (2017-07-26) Aravind Naidu: Its really helpful but can you please add the Korean romanised pronunciation as an option.
- (2017-02-16) Ha Duy: great, really useful to learn Korean. i hope it's will be update romaji reading in the next version. thank you.
- (2016-10-25) 엘리: really enjoy this! i try to read most of the hangul i can when reading articles and then just use this extension when i am having difficulty. i recommend it!
- (2016-10-17) Grey Geppert: It's aight. There are still a lot of websites this extension doesn't work with and I've found several words that don't seem to be in the dictionary.
- (2016-08-23) Daniel Martin: I was waiting for this so long!
- (2016-06-20) Herman Nurdiyanto: I love it. Up to date, hangul + hanja. I am from Indonesia and I am happy to learn Korean
- (2016-05-24) Curt Warner: I love the hanja integration!
- (2016-05-15) Princess Jayssy: can you add more languages, please? for instance, a Korean-Russian and I'd like to listen to selected words.
- (2016-05-07) RaveRozen: great!.
- (2016-04-01) charles xuzy: nice. but it dont work on korean sites?
- (2015-07-27) Katheryne Sparrow: i really like it because i am always reading korean :) thank you
- (2015-07-22) Saba: Seems to work pretty well so far! ^^ Thanks!
- (2015-03-03) Dajung Kim: it's really great but I hope there's a feature where we can add our vocabulary + words that aren't included in the dictionary
- (2015-01-11) Emma Parker: Extremely helpful!
- (2014-12-06) Jenica Gonzales: Great for learning vocab!
- (2014-10-17) VihTV: AMazing
- (2014-05-30) 박Revika: I really enjoy the add-on, definitely helps my vocabulary. Only thing I would change is enabling the function to stay on always.
- (2014-05-25) Lala: At first, I was frustrated because I thought it didn't work. But turns out I didn't enable it fully. Make sure to look at the guide when you download it to make sure it's completely enabled. Works great!!
- (2014-05-03) Jung Son: I keep pressing the enable button but it won't turn on!! If this work, I'd give it 5 stars
- (2014-04-26) Dmitry Narkevich: Really really good.
- (2019-05-14, v:0.6.6) Timothy Nguyen: Cannot view a word by itself. It sometimes sticks particles to it like 나는. It is "I + subject particle"
I get "flying violet" for 나는. I wish there was a way to view certain words by itself. When I hover over a word, it doesn't do anything. I have to double click it, but I can't highlight a certain section
- (2018-03-27, v:0.6.6) Oradein: Won't load on Chrome
Hi, I love this app, but I'm having trouble enabling it on Chrome. It doesn't seem to work on any page except the Toktogi test page. No other sites activate the pop up dictionary. Is there a way to enable it fully? Thank you!
- (2017-02-16, v:0.6.6) Ha Duy: update
for the beginning i hope this it's will be update romanji reading function in next version. thank you.
- (2016-02-11, v:0.6.6) kamiel choi: phrases
it would be great to hold down a key (CTRL) to select longer phrases to retrieve their meaning. Thanks for a great tool!
- (2015-09-18, v:0.4.1) Sophia Poon: Its a great extension
This is a really nice extension. I think it would be better if you added pronunciations on how to say the word as well!