Block ads seamlessly on popular websites.
AdBlocker Lite is a browser add-on that enables you to block annoying ads seamlessly on popular websites. It has 2 modes, Lite and Full. In lite mode, the extension uses the least amount of CPU power and memory and it runs based on pure CSS. Lite mode is ideal for slow machines. In full mode, more ads are targeted and more CPU power and memory are required. Some important features: 1. It allows you to block annoying ads, scripts, images, iframes and many more. 2. Ultra-lite extension with no significant memory and CPU usage. 3. Unlike other similar products, AdBlocker Lite uses hard coded filtering rules for fast and reliable performance. 4. Provides an easy access filtering list if you wish to allow advertisement on some websites. 5. Includes ON|OFF button to quickly disable or enable the extension. 6. Includes Highlight/Block modes; in highlight mode, you can only highlight ads without blocking (hiding) them, but in block mode, ads are blocked. 7. Easily switch between full and lite modes (default is lite mode). 8. Add custom blocking rules. Currently, only rules in the form of css-selectors are accepted. 9. Badge icon text shows the number of blocked ads (active in full mode only). Note 1: In AdBlocker Lite you can allow some websites (including its homepage) to show non-intrusive advertisements. By doing this you support websites that rely on advertising. Some websites are added by default, but this list can be modified at any time. Note 2: AdBlocker Lite is designed to block ads on popular websites only (i.e. facebook, youtube, gmail, yahoo mail, etc). Besides, it does not block popup-ads, if you need a full-featured adblocker please use other adblocker addons in the addon store. Note 3: To add a custom rule, please use css-selectors. For example, the following rule hides a div element with class test: div[class='test']. Please note, you can only add valid CSS rules, otherwise, it won't be added to the list.
- (2018-10-18) Max Mescaline: Not work on youtube. Block some iframes.
- (2018-04-20) John Paravantis: Only ad blocking extension that allowed a video correctly on a newspaper site. I have it set on FULL, which is really fast, and activate the LITE mode if an non-ad element is missing from a page. When on LITE, it is actually slower, and some ads may be flashing on and off a couple of times, before AdBlocker Lite decides what to do with them. Nevertheless, the LITE mode is more correct in some cases. All in all a nice combinations of tools. The capability to block a specific element and a fuller list of options is missing, but its ease of use and speed shine. Well done!
- (2017-12-09) Spooner I,robot (Spooner): Doesn't work on youtube.
- (2017-12-05) Free Account FR: les pubs youtube ne sont pas blocker
- (2017-08-05) Sujata Shetty: worst....
- (2017-05-25) joydeep chatterjee: not for you tube
- (2017-05-22) Juan Rubiano: No sirve de nada, sigue saliendo publicidad
- (2017-05-15) VIKRANT SINGH: it is not working on amazon page flash add.but overaall good
- (2017-05-08) Mel Jones: I can't visit websites that are WAY OVERLOADED WITH ADS, THE PAGES KEEP FLINCHING VIOLENTLY BECAUSE OF THE CONSTANT BLOCKING!! SERIOUSLY, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
- (2017-03-27) Geeta Enterprises: excillent
- (2017-03-16) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "AdBlocker Lite". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2017-02-06) Lucio Vallejos: no me sirve me sale publicidad y mas publicidad caca
- (2016-07-24) Bala Surya Vamsi: IT IS VERY GOOD COMPARING TO OTHER AD BLOCKERS
- (2016-07-16) Some YouTube ads, at the beginning of video, are not blocked; and I would like that Lite Mode could block more ads.
- (2015-08-30) Sara Esteves: It's not working on Facebook... Other than that, peachy
- (2015-06-28) Mike Oulvinmer: The latest update is awesome! I like the way you separated blocking modes. Just one quick note, would be better if the exception list could collapse when there is no data in it.
- (2015-04-18) Gurbaksh Chana: It doesn't seem to block youtube adverts
- (2015-02-18) Test przeprowadzony wypadl bardzo dobrze. W koncu widze to co mnie interesuje
- (2014-12-15) John Weiss: i have noticed significantly slower page-loading. Starts in full-mode, instead of Lite mode, which does not make any sense. Some ads show in full mode.
- (2014-12-15, v:0.1.8) John Weiss: problems
i have noticed significantly slower page-loading. Starts in full-mode, instead of Lite mode, which does not make any sense. Some ads show in full mode.