A bell that reminds us to breathe and be mindful of our body and mind.
About the Extension: In the busy time of our daily life, we let our mind float away to many distractions. We forget about our body, our breath, and our mind; we forget about the unity of our mind and body. In order to remind us of this unification, the bell of mindfulness is meant for us to bring our mind back to our body. When we hear the sound of the bell, please stop what we are doing and take three breaths to bring our mind back to our body. Let this unification happen and be happy in the present moment. Version 1.2.3 Bug fixed for link clicks Version 1.2.2 Bug fixed to correctly address number of bells Version 1.2 Added internationalization. Added the options to change number of bells Version 1.1.5 Fix bugs to cause BellOfMindfulness to not run at first install for some users. Fix bugs to display notification when bell in not enable in first run. Version 1.1.2 Update icons Version 1.1 Updated with option to turn bell on and off. Version 1 Brand new Bell of Mindfulness.
- (2020-01-17) Colette Johnson: I love this! It has a nice sound and is easy to use, but I also agree with others that the first tone is a bit harsh (could it be quieter, perhaps?), and it would be better if the app didn't sound when the browser opens.
- (2019-12-06) Nick Keller: It would be great, but setting the volume to 0 doesn't work, nor does setting the number of bells to zero. The notification is enough for me; I would very much not want to hear it. At the moment the only thing you can do is mute chrome entirely, which is not desirable. If this were fixed it would be perfect.
- (2019-12-05) Chetan Vaddoriya Ebizz: Good Reminder for breathing
- (2019-09-11) Ana R: Estar sentada frente a la computadora en piloto automático y de repente escuchar la hermosa campana o gong y hacer un alto, reconectarte y respirar! es una hermosa aplicación
- (2019-04-12) Laura Bagnall: I have tried so many extensions to help me keep focus and this one is the best. It is so simple yet so powerful.
- (2019-01-24) I love the Bell of Mindfulness, it helps stay present when your day gets crazy. I stop and breath and give thanks. I can even hear it when in another room doing tasks. I stop and focus on my breathing and stay grounded. Please ask what it is and I tell them and suggest they add to their apps, its the best :) Makes my work days feel less stress and grounded. Gilakas'la (Thank You)
- (2018-11-13) Court Sands: I love this. As an avid student, it can get difficult to focus during the day, and this bell is the perfect thing to help me relax and become more productive.
- (2018-10-18) nam nguyễn phương: good!
- (2018-09-10) sourabh sharma: Good for Aanapana Meditators..
- (2018-08-16) Emily Phillips: Great, but I wish I could put more time between the intervals or select more bells.
- (2018-03-09) Alicia Marrero: So useful for work! I use it with my students and colleagues and they have responded so well to it-from day one!
- (2018-02-23) Venu Murthy: the best way to cultivate mindfulness
- (2018-02-20) valerie labelle: La cloche de pleine est très bien.
- (2018-01-18) Umang Bista: One thing, provide a way to reduce the initial sharp bell sound.
- (2017-12-21) Shravan Sunder: It is wonderful. Is there a way to make the bell ring without the popup (desktop notification)?
- (2017-12-16) william hobson: Man sacrifices his health to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he dose not live in the present or the future;he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.
- (2017-12-16) giovanni calabrese: La campana ci invita ad un respiro e ad una connessione con il momento presente! GRAZIE!
- (2017-10-14) Royal Swiss Home GmbH: Kann man nicht mehr löschen! I cannot remove it afterwards.
- (2017-08-23) B Cannon: Just Great
- (2017-07-31) Alex Stadler: How nice and peaceful.
- (2017-07-06) sherman smukler: Really GREAT. Thank you!
- (2017-05-31) Daily Reportt: Love It .best app. Thanks to Developers and Full Team. Keep It Up!
- (2017-05-29) Marcos Adilson Valentim: Excelente !! Importante para todos nós .
- (2017-05-25) Tielle O'Glinda: Beautiful way to bring yourself back to your SELF.
- (2017-05-24) Naod Ab: Simple and Useful Reminder. Thanks!
- (2020-02-04, v:1.2.3) Sid Desai: Interest in collaboration
Hello Sam, I am looking to connect with you to learn a bit more about your goals with this chrome app. I think it has quite a use for us distracted individuals in society. Are you planning on further developing this app or is your goal to just have it the way it is? Let me know if you have a few mins to chat about it - Sid
- (2019-01-30, v:1.2.3) Glynnis Gangwer: How to use?
Are we suppose to coordinate our breath with the 3 gong sounds? Please describe how you suggest we use this extension. Thanks!
- (2018-11-23, v:1.2.3) Kristina: My bell won't turn off
It's driving me up the wall. Please... I uninstalled Chrome on my computer and while using Safari, the bell is ringing regularly. I've had enough. Please tell me how to remove it! Thanks, Kristina
- (2018-08-18, v:1.2.3) Bill Eisele: need to remove
I have no icon. cant find it on my hard drve. please tell me how to remove it asap! thank you
- (2018-07-20, v:1.2.3) Susan Rawcliffe: can't turn it off, close it when not needed
I set bell at start, & it sounds too often, when I'm working on music videos, on sound files, listening to Plum Village videos, etc. Can't turn it off! Get rid of it!
- (2018-05-09, v:1.2.3) Kelli Rae Buxton: Can't Stop Notification
I installed and then removed this extensiton but yet I still get a notification and hear the gong. How can I completely remove it.
- (2018-05-01, v:1.2.3) icon has disappeared
Cannot get sound anymore. Please Help
- (2018-04-22, v:1.2.3) Michael Gustavson: Link to Casino!!!! :)
When I click on the icon using Chrome, there is a link at the very bottom that says "Software is designed and written by San Nguyen." When I click on the link it takes me to a casino website! Ha Ha Ha :) This must be wrong! :) I think it may be because that website: "http://www.nguyensan.me/" has not been updated or paid for or something. It's probably the "hosting" company using the site for advertising until it gets paid for the hosting service. My recommendation would be to just remove that link until it is fixed. The "Thich Nhat Han" link still works fine. Please don't take the app down though whatever you do. The app is a great app for us all to benefit from. Thank you for making it. -Michael
- (2018-02-16, v:1.2.3) Lucie Roberts: Icon has disappeared
It says I already have it added to Chrome, but it's not there anymore. How do I get it back?
- (2018-01-09, v:1.2.3) Cláudia Nogueira: reconfiguration
Hello Where can I reconfigure the rhythm of the bell
- (2017-12-04, v:1.2.3) Remove
Right click on the bell icon upper right of screen to remove.