Easily measure angles in your browser window.
Move the two guides around to accurately match any vertex. Customize precision, units, colors, and more. The protractor can be easily resized, nudged, locked, and rotated. Code is open source on Github.
- (2020-12-03) Catrina Garcia: thanks for this helped a ton with geometry homework
- (2020-11-14) Twiisted: It hard to use
- (2020-10-22) Zach Benson: it worked at first but now when i click n the little icon it won't open
- (2020-10-19) Lord Widdershins: Simple and eeasy for when you need an angle, but dont have a protractor... and its free!
- (2020-10-12) Brian Ly: Really good; you don't need a physical protractor
- (2020-10-01) a guy on the internet: Works really well. However there is 1 thing I would like to see which would be a dark line mode which makes the protractor dark for working on light things like a document. But it works perfectly.
- (2020-09-02) Witchdoctor2006: Great extension, I do have a suggestion though. So when you are trying to measure the angle you can make the lines transparent to make sure you are directly on what it is you are trying to measure
- (2020-08-26) Isiah Saunders: I used this for my school and it worked but when I closed it, I couldn't press any of my choices.! I'm going to keep trying this but if it keeps doing the same thing than...
- (2020-07-27) Benjamin Baker: So helpful for utility line design. Recommending it to all of my coworkers!
- (2020-07-16) Ann B.: May I inquire , If I measure on a document of Microsft Word which are already a picture. Would it be possible?Kindle Help. Thank you
- (2020-07-01) Bryentt Engelhardt: wouldn't work for me. Couldn't load over a jpg loaded in chrome. so I added it to google photos. It worked there, but the need to have the full circle prevents me from starting the center point at the top of the image.
- (2020-04-07) Dave Baker: Just brilliant! I use this to calculate angles on mapping for drone flying. I set the middle over something of interest (like a local airport), rotate the overlay so that 0° is true north, I then set the green pointer at the Magnetic deviation for my area (10.5° for my location) and the blue pointer for the area I want to work out. I can then see the difference between the Blue and Green pointers, giving me a Magnetic compass reference to work with. Absolutely love it.
- (2020-04-01) Dawn Marchant: Why do the angles increase backwards? I can rotate it to have zero at the top but for measuring bearings you go clockwise so 90 degrees would be on the right not the left. I can't see anyway to amend this in the options. Is this possible?
- (2020-02-04) Heather Zhang: 3.0.1 Does not working at all... no reaction after clicked the button...
- (2020-01-23) Michael Lee: The tool works great, but I'm a little concerned by the new update - why does it need permissions for browser history?
- (2020-01-22) Sean Oconnor: Great Addon, could you maybe add Gradians ? (0-400)
- (2019-11-23) Johan Muizelaar: Works great, both on my Chromebook and Windows 10 laptop. Eye for detail.
- (2019-11-22) Kris Mahan: This is a great extension. I find this extremely useful. If i could make a suggestion.... allow another unit for pitch gauge. (think roofing)
- (2019-11-19) Fatima: very simple and easy to use.
- (2019-11-13) Robbie Greiner: Simple and easy to use. Love the new UI!
- (2019-07-29) Sayyaf Ali: Does not work on images or jpg's
- (2019-03-29) Daniel J. Lewis: Really useful and straightforward. I wish you could choose where the 0 degree bearing starts and choose CW, CCW, but other than that its perfect.
- (2019-03-20) Fifth Nebula218: trying to move the protractor on my chrome book makes the protractor jump and get stuck at the top on the screen. if fixed i will rate higher.
- (2019-03-03) Анна Михельсон: Простое, функциональное.
- (2019-01-23) Riot Act: it is a good extension and if the pointers stop moving just double click them
- (2019-01-14) I don't know how to get it to work :(
- (2019-01-08) Tommy Beckman: It works great for what it is. Nothing much else to say. However, here's a suggestion: Allow the protractor to be moved via arrow keys, it would allow for more precise positioning of it.
- (2018-10-23) Rankonana Mokoena: Awesome worked fine on a .pdf file
- (2018-10-19) Ove Lendemar: Perfect for me. Works just fine with Google maps. I'm using it to find out the wind direction at any given windsurfing spot.
- (2018-10-10) Ev D.: this is awesome! i was doing my geo homework on like and this made my life so much easier! keep up the good work.
- (2018-10-08) Ethan Burnet: This extension works really well, and prevents me from having to get out a physical protractor to place on my screen. Awesome.
- (2018-09-24) Muhammad Fareed: Very nice tool. it does what I need.
- (2018-07-24) Vitaly Cooperman: Nice extension, works well. I usually do measures on map, where 0 is north. So will be nice to add offset angle for 0 in configuration page for freaks like me :-)
- (2018-07-08) Charles Creelman: Perfect for what i needed
- (2018-06-30) Ian Hay: Great little extension, perfect for measuring angles in your browser.
- (2018-05-28) Charles Checkley: Perfect for what I want to use it for.
- (2018-05-09) mattias astrand: Simple yet good tool!
- (2018-04-09) Nishad Patel: Worked well for what I needed it for. Good extension.
- (2018-02-18) Ivan Fry: I used it to measure angles for directional radio transmissions in Google's My Maps with line plots. Simple to use and works well for me. Thanks, Ben!
- (2018-01-31) Miguel de Jesús Lino Mata: I would only add the option to show angles bigger than 180, and not change them automatically to the smaller angle of the circle.
- (2018-01-04) Chris Kibbe: Awful. Could not move it across the screen. When I tried, it disappeared.
- (2017-12-13) benjo abrasado: not working on chrome ubuntu
- (2017-11-29) bc a: whoever created this is a talent
- (2017-11-22) Penny: Very buggy. Couldn't move protractor, when I tried it disappeared. Tried again, tried redownloading, wouldn't work.
- (2017-10-25) Andy Mayer: I used it for measuring polyhedrons in 3D rendering. It also helped me with my math homework.
- (2020-12-08, v:3.1.2) Cole Savage: Using in my online class
First off- Thank you for making an easy to use app that is just what it needs to be and nothing more! I am hoping to use this extension for my classroom. I however can't get it approved until you add a privacy statement. Schoolboards take FOIP uber seriously. Hopefully you can help! Thanks
- (2020-12-08, v:3.1.2) John Christoffel: protractor does not appear in gmaps
Don't see it, restated chrome, still didn't work, restarted computer, still didn't work. What's the magic word?
- (2020-11-30, v:3.1.2) salah al bulushi: it doesn't appear in Maps
i fid in me extension applications, but when I go to map, I don't see it..
- (2020-11-22, v:3.1.2) Asaduzzaman Khan: How can i measure angle in google earth pro??
please help me.
- (2020-11-12, v:3.1.2) Vera McKay: the admin blocked the"protractor"
the admin blocked the"protractor" keeps popping up when ever I add it to chrome
- (2020-10-24, v:3.1.2) Rich Riordan: Safari
Hi Ben is there any chance of getting this to work on safari. I use Chrome on my desktop and have your protractor app but I can’t use Chrome on my iPad because there’s too many freaking advertisements so I use Safari. I’m wondering if there’s any plans to bring this out to Safari. thanks for any information.
- (2020-10-22, v:3.1.2) Steven Delgado: Can't download your app
I can't download it anymore. why ? i download it once sucessfully
- (2020-08-22, v:3.1.2) Timothy Lathen: I love this tool thank you but
How do you change the north to be 0° instead of 90° I'm trying to get the Azimuth of structures thanks.
- (2020-08-20, v:3.1.2) Zachary Schmidt: Zoom Compatability?
Hi Ben, I recently read a research article that described the protractor being compatible with Zoom, as to allow for orthopedic measurements while the patient is on video. I am having a tough time getting this to work, do you have any insight?
- (2020-06-21, v:3.0.1) Guru Abitokamau: The extension Protractor
I like your Protractor very much, but just now I'm very frustrated. I'm trying to get the angle to be 225°. Tried it in many ways for 30 minutes now, but i always end up with 224.9° or 225.1°. It would be fine if you could manually adjust the degrees by typing it in, at the same place where you can see the degrees inside the circle.
- (2020-06-05, v:3.0.1) campbell goldsmith: Zoom/Jpeg
Hello, We are trying to use the protractor to overlay an image as a jpeg/pdf to take orthopedic measurements and it will not allow me to transfer the protractor from chrome to the image. Is there any way that this could be fixed? This study used your program to overlay onto zoom/jpeg, we are hoping to do the same (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7224627/) Thank you!
- (2020-06-01, v:3.0.1) Chris Sokalski: Protractor does not always work
Hi Ben! Your tool is great but originally I needed it to measure angles in my PDFs accessed via Chrome. The protractor only seems to be working on most websites though. Any chance to make this work? Cheers
- (2020-05-13, v:3.0.1) Pathik Shah: Stopped working!
Hi, The tool isn't working since yesterday. It's not launching only. I tried reinstalling, restart browser, computer etc couple of times but no difference. I use in chrome but tried n Firefox too. Browsers are up-to-date.
- (2020-04-02, v:3.0.1) Dawn Marchant: Help please
Why do the angles increase backwards? I can rotate it to have zero at the top but for measuring bearings you go clockwise so 90 degrees would be on the right not the left. I can't see anyway to amend this in the options. Is this possible?
- (2020-03-09, v:3.0.1) Jennifer Blais: COPPA Compliance
I would like to approve this extension in my school, but 1st need a copy of the privacy statement to verify that student information is not collected. Could you please send me your privacy statement?
- (2020-01-28, v:3.0.1) Fernando Berwanger: I can`t access the extension
Hi Ben, I have activated the extension to use on Chrome, but when I click the extension next do the address bar nothing happens. Wish you could help with it. Thank you
- (2020-01-22, v:3.0.0) Norhaziyah Kusai: can't use the extension after the update
Hi, I've been using this protractor and it works great for me. But after updating the new version (v3.0.0 i guess), I can't use it anymore. I have try to remove and add again to Chrome but it doesn't work. Please look into this issue, because I would love to use this extension for quite a long time for my work. Thank you.
- (2020-01-21, v:3.0.0) Nolan Hanson: "Permissions: Read your browser history"
Hi. First off, your extension works great and sure helps me through mathamatical work, but as I was seeing a permission renewal, I happened to come across the Permission: Read your browser history. I was wondering why you would need such a permission on an extension that exists just to use a protractor?
- (2020-01-09, v:2.0.0) Emily S: Add locking protractor arms
I believe a former version of the extension allowed you to lock the protractor arms. I noticed you can no longer do that. It can be really difficult to take multiple accurate measurements when you can't lock one of the arms. I'd like to have this feature back.
- (2019-09-04, v:1.7.0) Antonio Plaza Rogers: Do not open in a different window.
The protractor looks great, however if you want to use this tool in another window different than google, you couldn't.
- (2019-08-17, v:1.7.0) Tom Bruce: Saving Setting Once Changed
I can't seem to figure out how to implement the changes that I made to the settings page. When I go back to a page that I had it opened on before, it brings back in the previous protractor. How can I implement the adjusted settings. Also it appears the Precision is not keeping when set to ZERO. I readjusts back to 1 digit. That doesn't seem to be working. Great tool otherwise if I can just figure out how to implement the changes I've made in settings
- (2019-06-08, v:1.7.0) Taz_: Options Slider Errors
When determining the protractor's options, the options that utilize slider interfaces are stubborn. While on the page at first, they work totally fine, and show the change in precision and marker distance. The problem occurs when these changes are meant to be applied: marker distance only works for degree ranges 15° - 45°. Higher ranges reset to certain values: 60° resets to 30°, 90° and 120° reset to 45°, and 180° resets to 60°. As for the precision slider, it refuses to change off of 1 digit precision. This infuriates me, as I am attempting to use this otherwise handy tool for precise measurements that I can't do as simply as I would hope. I do not see anyone else having these issues, oddly.
- (2019-04-06, v:1.7.0) Tara Barrows: Closing out of Protractor
I am using this with an online math course. The protractor works great, but when I'm finished with it and I click out of it, my mouse will not work on the website anymore. So after every problem I have to refresh my screen to get the mouse to work on the website. Is there anything I can do about this?
- (2019-01-19, v:1.5.0) Bob H: Extension Does Not Open
Hi, Using Google Chrome is up to date Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) MacOS Mohave Clicking extension icon does nothing. Tried close of Chrome and reopen, and then opened some pdf and jpg files with Chrome and still can't get protractor to appear on screen.
- (2019-01-18, v:1.5.0) Frisk drinks brisk: no clue
i have no clue what the numbers mean on this protractor.
- (2018-12-01, v:1.4.0) Add the ability to transparent mode (move to the second layer)
Hello! Your application is very good! But it will be good if we can move palzunki on sites. These halfs are as if under trasportir. You have to turn it out, it's not convenient. Maybe you can add a switch so that you can move the interactive elements of the site that are under the transport. Thank! Have a nice day!
- (2018-11-01, v:1.4.0) Jacob Menagh: Can't use the app
I see the extension in the toolbar, but when I click it nothing happens, no app opens. How do i get it to work? Thanks.
- (2018-09-06, v:1.4.0) Saif Salih: Unable to move protractor in office online
When I click on the cursor to move the protractor it disappears. this seems to happen reproducibly in online office.Works ok on normal webpages.
- (2018-08-28, v:1.4.0) It's not popping up on my screen when i click the extension?
read the subject :/