Discreetly surf the web! Control exactly how you want web pages to look like.
Decreased Productivity (DP) creates a more "consistent" browsing experience (for you and others around you) by letting you control what you want to see ("stealth browsing" => text/page background colours, the cloaking of images, hiding page favicons, changing fonts, etc.). You can choose what style you want (e.g. green text on a black background) by going to the Options page (right-click on icon in address bar and click on "Options"). DP has tab-specific support and domain whitelisting/blacklisting! Supports Arabic, German, English (US and British), Spanish, Tagalog, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian and Portugal), Russian, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)! Please note that I am not responsible for what you do with this extension and any subsequent consequences; please browse responsibly. Featured on Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/5666312/decreased-productivity-for-chrome-camouflages-your-non+work-browsing Feature List: -change the default font and font size for cloaked pages (Calibri, Helvetica, Arial, or leave page fonts unchanged) -set page background, text, link, and table border colours -hide page icons (aka favicons) -replace page titles -keyboard toggle (CTRL + 12) -choose between tab-specific cloaking or global cloaking -choose whether new tabs are cloaked or uncloaked by default -control image opacity -whitelist/blacklist domains (whitelisted domains will never be cloaked while blacklisted domains will always be cloaked (even if "Enable" is unticked)) -add right-click option to open links/images safely (can be removed in Options) -choose between four modes: Paranoid (remove images and multimedia), SFW0 (cloak images and multimedia), SFW1 (cloak images and remove multimedia), SFW2 (cloak images only), and NSFW (show all) -add toggle icon in address bar (can be removed in Options) -choose from 98 different icons for added discreetness -set a custom title for the address bar icon -choose to always show images that are within a specified dimension -quickly whitelist/blacklist the current tab's domain by right-clicking on the toolbar icon -import/export settings -add custom css code ################################################# Changelog: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- v0.46.56.11 - Friday, October 12, 2018 - Fix WhatsApp Web blank white screen upon login - Add Turkish translation - thanks Serdar! - Improve Portuguese (Brazil) translation - thanks Cleber! - Improve Japanese translation - thanks cignoir! v0.46.56.10 - Monday, December 4, 2017 - Improve WhatsApp Web compatibility: fix blank white screen upon login - Firefox v0.46.56.9 - Monday, April 17, 2017 - Tweaked Paranoid Mode - increased usability (e.g. Disqus comment threads now readable) - iframes now visible; cloaked at conservative opacity levels: 5% unhovered / 50% on hover - Improve Facebook compatibility: main timeline titles, overlayed photos, and chat emojis - Improve WhatsApp Web compatibility: emojis and message indicators - Improve Twitter compatibility: overlayed photos - Improve YouTube compatibility: remove top and bottom bars to increase cloaked video visibility - Add Wikia compatibility: hide background images v0.46.56.7 - Monday, July 25, 2016 - Added capability to Import/Export Settings (and even save your settings to a text file) - Added option to add custom CSS - Added support for cloaking of <canvas> elements v0.46.56.6 - Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - minor fixes and improved YouTube cloaking v0.46.56.5 - Monday, June 20, 2016 - Added support for IPv6 addresses - Improved performance for users with large lists v0.46.56.4 - Sunday, June 5, 2016 - Proudly presenting a long-awaited feature: wildcards and single character matching support: --- Domain Matching: domain.com matches domain.com and www.domain.com --- Wildcard Matching: *.domain.com matches anything.domain.com (but not domain.com (no subdomain)) --- Single Character Matching: ?.abc.com matches a.abc.com, b.abc.com, 2.abc.com, etc. --- Note 1: the * and ? can be placed anywhere and/or combined (e.g. ab?.com, cat*.c?) --- Note 2: if there are any duplicates, the whitelist always takes precedence over the blacklist - the above update should also result in further improved performance - added cloaking support for <picture> elements v0.46.55.1 - Friday, May 20, 2016 - further significant foundation code optimization, resulting in (probably noticeably) faster and more efficient logic and processing v0.46.54.4 - Thursday, May 19, 2016 - v0.46.54.2-4 - "Stickiness" feature now applies when a bookmark is opened in the background while viewing a currently cloaked tab - v0.46.54.1 - fixed issue where DP icon was showing it was enabled even when it wasn't - v0.46.54.1 - fixed situations where the default coffee cup DP icon would be shown despite a custom icon being selected (e.g. creating a new tab) - optimized foundation code (this is a significant update, too many to list: below are some of the major improvements) - improved whitelist/blacklist checks - tab cloak data now includes window IDs for guaranteed tab-specific cloaking - toggling Global Mode in Options is now enforced immediately (e.g. favicons and page titles) (thanks Vineet) - "Stickiness" feature (cloaking new tabs opened from cloaked pages) now checks if the new tab's domain is whitelisted or not before cloaking - eliminated various redundant lookups (e.g. whitelist/blacklist checks) v0.46.53.3 - Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - auto-update hotkey toggle if stored in old format, fixing issue where the toggle doesn't work after recent updates - fixed potential issue where DP icon won't appear in the address bar - now the "Safely open in new tab" context menu item doesn't override your Cloaking Level (previously it was resetting it to SFW0) - added checks so DP won't try to cloak internal Chrome pages (improving efficiency since extensions don't have permissions to modify them) - made Update page open in a background tab instead of the foreground (if "Show Update Popup" is enabled in the Options page) v0.46.53.2 - Thursday, May 5, 2016 - v0.46.53.2 = tweaked Paranoid Mode to Cloak behaviour, fixed page favicon and page titles toggling, and hotkey changes now take effect immediately - updated core DP cloaking functions so that DP Option setting changes and the Paranoid Hotkey toggle take effect immediately (without temporarily uncloaking and recloaking open tabs) - optimized number of calls when cloaking a page (from 3 to 1) - tweaked page favicon cloaking to be instant - all DP cloaking identifiers now unique on every page load to avoid conflicts/being overwritten - more reliable "tab stickiness" (if enabled) v0.46.52.2 - Wednesday, May 4, 2016 - added new Paranoid Hotkey toggle (default: ALT+P) which toggles between Paranoid mode (all images/media hidden) and the Cloaking Level you chose. Like the cloaking toggle, you have full control over what the hotkeys are (the .1 in the version number v0.46.52.1 = a fix so that any change to the Paranoid Hotkey combo is actually saved; .2 = tweaked Paranoid behaviour) - toolbar icon action now respects DP enabled state - tweaked hotkey visual display and fixed potential issue Moved full changelog from inception to: https://github.com/andryou/Decreased-Productivity/blob/master/changelog.txt
- (2020-01-20) Sunil Patel: Fantastic! I used to use Ghostzilla back in the day (if anybody remembers it!), and was always longing for something like that today. I ended up using Stylish to have custom CSS for each website. But this is so much easier, and right to the point....lots of options, etc Love it!!
- (2019-11-02) Stefane Guevremont: It's a nifty extension.Some issues though, the line heights gets garbled up a lot of the time (scrunched up text) when you increase text Font size. Also, the Hotkeys don't seem to work all the time. It seems to be a hit and miss situation, but that's a minor issue. 2019-11-02 Actually found that "Ctrl + Shift" shortcut keys are a hit and miss situation. The "Ctrl" shortcut keys seem to work ok.
- (2019-07-24) Shakeim Peoples: Great app does that filters out images and makes it easier to read. For some reason when I have it to show all images and just change the colors, it blocks icons.
- (2019-06-23) Justin Gu: Great, never had an issue
- (2019-06-17) Micky Macanori: Used to work on discordapp.com, now it completely cloaks the entire page, even if I have the option only to change the colors. Needs to be fixed.
- (2019-06-06) Mr. Free: Very useful, you can right click on a link before opening it to open it in safe mode so it does not launch videos and other annoyances
- (2019-05-29) Pascal Guedon: un must-have au boulot, je l'utilise tous les jours
- (2019-05-03) Tõnis Rahe: Genius!!!
- (2019-04-15) Dejan Ivkovic: no need for this extension. what is doing this?
- (2019-04-04) First Last: A creative tool for the corporate slacker. And a great deterrent for the screen lookers. Sometimes I need to look up some stuff without looking like I'm slacking, get off my case!
- (2019-03-09) Mark Ifi: I block images fairly often, and this is just that, plus more. Good stuff. Not sure why it's 922 K.
- (2019-02-25) Sophia Johnson: i liked it, but it sometimes really screws the format up, like on tumblr
- (2019-01-24) Левоня Мамиконян: Для смены фона нельзя сказать, что самое то, но другое расширение я не нашел, этот меняет цвет фона, надо нажать на значок расширения после установки, это кофейная чашка появится на панели браузера, после установки, щелкните на значок правой кнопкой мыши и появившемся списке выберите Параметры, вы окажитесь на странице настроек, откроется таблица, надо выбрать столбец Clock и в пункте Цвет - Фон указать цвет например для серого фона укажите этот код 3E3D3D для черного 000000 а для светло серого фона 939393, после этого каждый раз открыв новую вкладку или страницу в интернете нажимаете на значок (это кофейная чашка на правом верхнем углу браузера) и фон страницы меняется на указанный вами в параметрах расширения. Можно еще менять цвет и размер шрифтов и многое другое по аналогичной схеме. Разработчикам спасибо!
- (2019-01-07) A Chris: Great extension. Very handy. Distraction free. One request: Can you please provide option to disable the plugin for a given tab? I do not want to whitelist it, I just want to temporarily see the full website or anything that I browse on the given tab.
- (2019-01-03) Mikhail Sokoliuk Jr: Brilliant. Set background color, text color, and link color, and instantly turn any webpage into a scrollable document that is easy to read. Very nice to use at night or at work so all those annoying banners from online stores aren't flashing on your screen.
- (2018-10-05) Leo N: Please create extension for football scores & goal notifications - I don't want to be going on sports website to find a score.
- (2018-09-28) Alex Haydon: Great for reducing the colours on my screen and allowing me to read webpages in a clean style*! *Great for browsing reddit in a workplace that may or may not be mine.
- (2018-09-21) Za Za: This extension decreased my productivity, 5/5
- (2018-08-21) Wayne Henry: Love this! I use this at work all day, every day.
- (2018-07-27) Absolutely the best choice for blocking out annoying images, etc, and letting me focus on the text. Plus easy-to-use options for customization.
- (2018-06-03) Andrew Adler: It is causing chrome helper to max out at 99% of one cpu.
- (2018-05-24) Jonas de Liz Santos Morais: EXCELENTE!
- (2017-12-28) Eric CL: Excelente posibilidad de camuflaje.
- (2017-12-07) Nicholas McLoughlin: Absolutely fantastic, love it
- (2017-12-04) Sander dos Santos Zuchinalli: Please fix all white screen at whatsapp web