Most efficient way to take & share time-stamped notes while watching videos!
Name change announcement Due to the trademark violation with turbonote.com (a windows platform note taking software). Turbonote chrome extension will change the name to YiNote chrome extension from version 0.6.4. I will also take time to fix broken features and develop new features in the near future. Thanks for using YiNote. Description: YiNote can help you easily save and share your ideas with online videos, and provide turbo note taking experience! YiNote not only support popular video site, like Youtube, Netflix, Vimeo, DailyMotion, it also has widely support on popular online tutorial sites (MOOCs), like Coursera, Edx, Khan Academy, Lynda, TED, Udacity, Udemy. YiNote can be your e-learning buddy. Change logs: 0.0.5.7 Add help view to show feature demos. 0.0.5.0 Support text highlight and note taking in web page. 0.0.4.6 Improve search for notes and transcript, provide basic settings management, fix bugs 0.0.4.0 Support watch synchronized video with friends. Users can chat during watch video together. 0.0.3.8 Add Internationalization (i18n) support. Currently TurboNote supports English, Chinese (simple and traditional), French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese. More languages will be supported in the future. 0.0.3.7 Support search in transcript to get quick access to specific sentence. Currently only youtube video are supported. 0.0.3.6: Make shared notes read-only, fix unable to take notes because of chrome sync storage exceed quota limits 0.0.3.5: Support generate PDF file for notes with video screenshots. 0.0.3.0: Support notes preview in video, which can display all notes with screenshots at related time. 0.0.2.9: Support export video notes to Evernote 0.0.2.7: Support share notes by notes link. So user can share notes in video with friends or post on social network. 0.0.2.5: Add note support for open.163.com (A popular Chinese MOOCs site). In-page notes taking and reviewing for videos - Save time-stamped notes while watching online video - Quick access to interested video time by clicking note - Notes are always stay with video in page for easy review Share notes: - Generate shared link in one click - Friends who has the shared link can view time-stamped video notes Bookmarking online videos: - Help user easier collect videos all over the Internet. - Support social networks, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Manage all video notes in one place - Bookmark your noted videos - Search notes and videos by keywords - Always keep new note on top of list - Notes can be automatically synced with Chrome sync Turbo editing and accessing note experience - Great hotkeys support, like start note editing, start searching notes or videos, fast forward and rewind video, etc. - No mouse is needed to edit, search and access notes Widely support - Social networks support, like Facebook, twitter, Linkedin - YiNote currently support html5, embedded youtube and some flash online video format. - Works with popular video sites, like Youtube, Netflix, Vimeo, DailyMotion, TED - Also work perfectly with MOOCs (Massive open online courses) video lecture sites, like Coursera, Edx, Khan Academy, Lynda, , Udacity, Udemy, FutureLearn, TeacherTube...
- (2019-12-29) Лакомый Кусок: Надеюсь не сделают платным, лучшее расширение что я видел, после uBlock и touchVPN. И было бы неплохо допилить экспорт в обычный текстовой файл.
- (2019-10-25) Gersivan Oliveira: Versão 0.6.4: Não busca texto destacado e notas rápidas de texto. Busca padrão retorna uma palavra ou outra e não todas as palavras. AINDA SEM EXPORTAÇÃO.
- (2019-05-23) Ömer Vehbe: Muhteşem, Tam aradığım şey! Herkese tavsiye ederim..
- (2019-05-03) javier lopez: Great!!! I need it
- (2019-01-29) seyhan köseoğlu: it was actually a great extension, but the important sections like Notes are not available on Netflix!
- (2019-01-12) Daniel Lee: Incredibly good idea. :)
- (2019-01-02) John Martin: Would love to give this 5 stars but it is lacking is several areas. 1. Developer did not put much effort at all into instructions. As most of this is pretty self explanatory, when seeking help in some places, I find only some animated gif screen recording of the mouse moving around and clicking without really giving instruction as to what is going on. It's as if the developer went "Okay it's done... now for the instructions... ah screw it... I'll take some screenshots and get pushed out to the unsuspecting public by 9pm. Who cares?" 2. Seems to have a limit for storage with no way to export or save data in order to continue. So once used to a point, it becomes useless after that unless you delete your work thus far. 3. Missing a category setup. Once so much is saved, it's hard to keep track of what bookmarks are in conjunction with what topics you are taking notes about. 4. The transcript feature does nothing. Just shows a spinning loading icon. I assumed it just takes a while to load so started it, ate dinner, came back and still spinning. No idea what it even does really due to very poor gif instructions that literally tell you nothing. 5. By the time you have taken a note about something in a video, the note is pretty much after the part you were taking a note about. So keep having to backtrack on every note in order to make sure the timestamp is in the right place. Makes taking notes EXTREMELY slow and monotonous. There should be a button to timestamp the note before even finishing the note so you can mark the part of the video that is actually talking about that note's topic.. I could think of many more but the fact is... this extension seemed to be a god-sent at first and exactly what I was looking for... until after using it and then discovering that it really is just making things more complicated. It needs a ton of work and ESPECIALLY some kind of method to extend memory, export, or save it at the very least. Otherwise it just becomes more worthless the more you use it. It's like buying a bottle of pills that make you skinny but once you have taken the last pill, all the fat instantly reappears and then some. All of your effort and work is just thrown out the window and the pill bottle says "well, wasn't that fun? Sorry it can't last!"
- (2018-12-27) Сергей Сушков: Расширение помогает делать заметки на ютубе. Писать в какой момент произошло что нибудь. Не хватает полного русского языка. Русский язык есть только в поисковике.
- (2018-12-25) Rodrigo verdadeiramente: Excelente opção para estudar com marcadores no vídeo
- (2018-12-22) cagdas bilgin: how to I solve this error message "Failed to export notes to EverNote"
- (2018-12-07) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-10-27) Supakorn Laohasongkram: I can't export my notes to Evernote. It said "Failed to export notes to EverNote" in red. Please help or fix.
- (2018-10-05) Róbert Őri: Excellent extension! This is what I was looking for! Thanks.
- (2018-09-11) Пушка! Лишь бы не сделали платной :) Very nice. And free :) Thank you!
- (2018-08-21) MAQ YANG: Great product! It's so convenient to take notes.
- (2018-07-29) Quentin McKay: Deep gratitude for this invaluable tool. I use it every single day for learning web developement via YouTube. Would really love to know where the database files are kept on Mac as I'm planning on doing a fresh re-install and really don't want to lose a year of notes. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.
- (2018-06-06) Ngoc Anh Nhu Dinh: Greatest tool compared to other ones! I have reached the limit of the free synched data, hopefully the cloud option will be available soon!
- (2018-06-01) Renato Wisocki Junior: muito bom the best
- (2018-05-24) XU Yangqi: Extremely amazing tool!
- (2018-03-11) Vincenzo Basirico: This extension is insanely GREAT!!!! It is truly unbelievable how useful and well coded it is. A real masterpiece. If you watch a lot of (meaningful) video such as self-development videos, this tool is a MUST. Congratulations Shuo Wu, excellent job! I hope you will add cloud (google drive) backup! Please!! I will pay for this extension (no subscription though).
- (2018-03-02) David Chaney: This is a great extension but it needs cloud support so that the same notes with open on different computers no matter where you are at. I think this is key to making this a highly popular download. When can we expect cloud support???
- (2017-12-24) Wish Rong: Great App for online learning via YouTube.
- (2017-11-16) Rindo Pra Valer: Great app, only miss store and sync options.
- (2017-08-15) Jôvani Moura: When is accessed in other computer, the shared notes not work (empty notes), please fix this issue! But, after all it's amazing extension.
- (2017-07-25) 李Love: 很好用
- (2019-12-15, v:0.6.4) QQ阿華: 導出分享失敗
- (2019-12-08, v:0.6.4) Shoaib Nasim: not functional: Sharing/exporting to evernote/generating pdf
this has been going on for a long time, please fix before adding new features. you have great potential for this extension
- (2019-10-18, v:0.0.6.3) 慧意語: 導入印象筆記失敗
- (2019-10-10, v:0.0.6.3) Andrew Winstone: Many features (Generate PDF, sharing, creating Beta) are currently not working on MacBook with latest IOS.
Please help, it's worrying that this problem has been going for 3 weeks with no responses from any developers!
- (2019-10-10, v:0.0.6.3) Tr.sagar S: transcript
i have tried to use transcript feature in each video containing subtitle but this feature is not working in any video. try to solve this...
- (2019-10-03, v:0.0.6.3) Westridge Theatre: Share button not working
The share button is not working. Seems like plenty of people are reporting this problem. Is anyone monitoring this "support" account?
- (2019-09-17, v:0.0.6.3) Cindy Quick: Generate PDF not working and neither is the share button.
I am unable to generate a PDF document, and the share button is not working. What can I do? This is a requirement for my graduate class.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.0.6.3) Phoebie Heustess: Sharing Feature
The sharing feature is not working. I am unable to share or generate a PDF. I looked at the other questions, but there is no help to be found.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.0.6.3) Ryan Higgins: Share issue...
I see others have mentioned this but, I've been asking students to use this tool and I see no one is responding regarding the sharing issues or the PDF download issues. Does anyone monitor these questions??
- (2019-09-13, v:0.0.6.3) Bryce Bird: buttons not working
I know there are many variables. It seems the share button and download PDF button are not working for me. Any suggestions?
- (2019-08-02, v:0.0.6.3) Adam Velazquez: FEATURE REQUEST: Google Drive Support
Most of the course material I am using are stored locally on my computer or on google drive. I accept that turbonote is not a standalone application so local video note taking is unlikely. However google drive support for Turbonote would be a massive gamechanger.