The magnifying glass shows a zoomed image within its radius, without disturbing the rest of the page.
Simply press Alt+Z* to summon the magnifying glass! Then press any key to remove it. *Ctrl+Z for MAC users by default. The extension does not require any special permission. It just works~*** ***Please note that the extension does not work in New Tab page, Chrome setting page and Chrome Web Store by default, but it will work on any other webpages.*** v.1.0.2 Change-log + Added option to specify a compensation factor for OS-level magnification + Added option to close the magnifier scope only when ESC key is pressed v.1.0.1 Change-log + Added French and Chinese localizations + Enabled anti-aliasing by default + Other minor optimization Icons made by Vectors Market from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY
- (2021-01-26) Matthew Morcos: Doesn't work for half the screen
- (2020-12-10) Felipe Gama: Best magnifier for Chrome! * Dev, could I suggest as a future feature to apply contrast to zoomed area to soothe view for the eye while using at YT videos that have small texts? Thanks for the great extension!
- (2020-12-05) M. Belle Hester: It worked perfectly before, but now it seems to not be activating on a resized window. This makes it inconvenient to look at a textbook with two tabs open. Please fix.
- (2020-08-28) Jopet Mejos: include the cursor in the magnifying glass, that's all i want to add in the feature
- (2020-08-27) Marvin Gage: Does nothing when pressing Alt+Z it will not open. Broken extensiong but guess that is expected since it's 2 years old and probably does not work properly with latest Chrome.
- (2020-07-19) Furkan Birliker: NASIL KULLANILIYO BİRİSİ CEVAP VERSİN TÜRKÜM
- (2020-04-16) Chronical Mass: If you have 2 monitors and want to leave the magnifying glass on,without it disappearing and still be able to use the computer, enable the esc key things and stuff, go to the monitor you want to zoom in, press alt z, right click, then move mouse cursor to the other monitor and click in the screen and it will deselect the right click menu on the magnified screen and leave the magnification on so you can carry on clicking on what you love doing and still have zoom =) I think the ESC key should be customized as in, you can choose any key you want as ESC is a useful function to stop web pages loading and other things. =) Maybe a key shortcut choice of leaving the magnifying glass in an area for people with 1 monitor cause I couldn't get it working without doing it the way above as any click or press with ESC clicked on was still exiting the magnification. At least still managed to get what I wanted out of it so 5/5 =)
- (2020-04-07) R Type: Excellent ! Bravo ! Well done Senior !
- (2020-03-27) Jennifer Smith: Better than the other Zoom/Magnifying extensions. Seriously, I downloaded them ALL. I was not impressed by any of them. I like how this one has the option of a rectangular view. It seems easier to view compared to the circular bifocal view. I have messed with the settings and wish that the magnified viewer would allow a real rectangle view to be able to have a longer screen width and shorter page length to read better. I've increased the size and decreased it and it only remains a square view. Otherwise, I am happy to finally have settled on 1 zoom extension for Chrome that serves my needs well.
- (2019-10-21) XSoulbound __: Just doesn't work. It will not activate no matter what I do.
- (2019-06-15) kath nh: This extension is a lifesaver for me. Due to an unusual eye condition, even glasses won't help me to read the fine print on some websites. I prefer not to increase my zoom feature to 400% since it's usually just a small portion of the website I can't read. This Magnifying Glass allows me to zero in on the small area I need to read, or sometimes I use it to examine a small detail of a picture. Without it, I'd be lost. I highly recommend to everyone - those with eye problems and those without!
- (2019-05-15) lucien Albrizio maffre: nul ne marche pas
- (2019-03-21) Paula Hagen: I think you just solved my back problems! I lean forward to read my laptop, but have to chin up so that I am using the lower part of my eyeglasses...because I can't find the middle part of my lense that is supposed to allow me to see the monitor at an appropriate distance! Thanks for helping the aging population! HA!
- (2019-01-25) D-Dog: it works perfectly. the issue is its's very inconsistent with what it magnify's and when i scroll it goes away.
- (2018-12-13) Ali Abdelkadar: جيّد , تلبي تقريبا جميع الأسسيات "ِ شكرا "
- (2018-12-11) Lord Farqua: Was not able to zoom in on the edges and corners of the screen
- (2018-10-17) Mojtaba Vahdati: I appreciate the attempt for this extension but it's super imprecise, I point a 40 pixels rectangle somewhere to see UNDER THAT rectangle but it's showing some lines above so it's impossible to follow the lines.
- (2018-09-30) Alexander Rudevich: Not working at https://news.ycombinator.com ... Seems it is related to Content Security Policy.
- (2018-09-20) Redgel Golez: Is there a way to take a screenshot of something you magnified? Every time you press a key while it's on it just closes.
- (2018-07-19) Serkan Balta: Kesinlikle tavsiye ederim.
- (2018-06-04) Shawn Green: The best magnifying extension in existence.
- (2018-05-06) Stuart Valentine: Worked fine for me today. It does takes a second or two to appear. I was also able to take a "snapshot" of a live stream on Spectrum cable (Alt + Z on top of desired location); the video continues, but the still image eerily remains and can be inspected. My primary planned use is to magnify certain charts and graphs which are often too small. Thanks to the Developer.
- (2018-01-25) Stalkenu666: doesn't work
- (2020-11-14, v:1.0.2) john butler: activate?
how do you activate the magnifying glass?
- (2020-05-15, v:1.0.2) Jeremy Thompson: Enabling the Mag Glass
When I hit 'Alt+Z', my computer just brings up my graphics card info. Is there a way to keybind this to a different set of keys? I really want to use this but it simply will not work for me... Please help!
- (2019-12-31, v:1.0.2) Ryan Scott: doesn't zoom in the right spot
unfortunately zooms an area other than where the mouse was. its 1/3 of the page too far down/right. Also, mouse/keyboard doesn't work when zooming.
- (2019-12-28, v:1.0.2) Robb Tejada: the magnifier won't turn off. I've even deleted the extension and it's still on.. So frustrating. How to I get rid of it when I don't want it?
I've even deleted the extension and it's still on.. So frustrating. How to I get rid of it when I don't need to use it?
- (2019-03-15, v:1.0.2) Peter Liberman: Google Slides during Presentation Mode
Love this extension, but what would be really incredible would be a magnifying glass that can enlarge parts of the screen in Google Slides, when in Presentation mode. That would enable me to use the mouse to enlarge a detail in a slide while making a presentation, which would add a powerful Prezi-type feature to Google Slides. Thanks!
- (2019-02-20, v:1.0.2) Rajesh Patalasingh: i want devlop in my website for text please help me
- (2018-08-12, v:1.0.1) joseph newcomer: Does nothing
I downloaded it. I get the microscope icon, but clicking it does nothing. I get no magnification Chrome 67.0.3396.99 Mac OS 10.13.3 (High Sierra)