✔ Capture Viewport ✔ Crop and Save (automatic save) ✔ Crop and Wait (manual save) ✔ Configurable Keyboard Shortcut ✔ Save screenshots as PNG or JPG file format ✔ Save screenshot as file ✔ Copy screenshot to clipboard as Data URL String or Binary Image ✔ Preserve or downscale screenshot size on HDPI displays like Retina ✔ Unique screenshot date/time file name ✔ No special permissions required ✔ Open Source ✚ Options 1. Click on the extension button using your *Right* Mouse Button 2. Select `Options` from the context menu ✚ Keyboard Shortcut 1. Navigate to `chrome://extensions/shortcuts` 2. Find Screenshot Capture and set key combination for the `Take Screenshot` action ✚ Save Location 1. Navigate to `chrome://settings/downloads` 2. Change the default download `Location` 3. Use the `Ask where to save each file before downloading` switch to toggle the **autosaving** ✚ Full Documentation ✔ https://github.com/simov/screenshot-capture
- (2022-06-21) Marc Zenkner: It captures just the view on a single button click. No dragging a marquis. Well done!!!
- (2022-05-19) Cody: Can't see the extension icon on dark chrome themes. Can the icon be changed to be multi-colored so it's visible on all themes?
- (2022-03-23) Big Yellow House: Eh, although it works, I find it too simplistic and am disappointed that there is no 'select and scroll' to capture a deeper/wider part of the screen than just what is showing. Could be more comprehensive. But I like that it doesn't try to collect all kinds of personal data from users that it doesn't need.
- (2022-03-14) Federico Navarrete: Amazing solution, simple and effective!
- (2021-12-02) Ms R: Awesome Was looking for a tool that would automatically copy screenshots to the clipboard. This does exactly that, and requires no permissions.
- (2021-10-30) Veronica Spuffy: easy and fast, perfect for me, select area and save in one click , and in jpeg, my fav extension .
- (2021-10-18) Ayaz Azari: this is the best for chrome
- (2021-06-30) Nezumi Nest: 使用快捷鍵馬上完成截圖和存檔，效果和我期待的一樣 work like a charm
- (2021-05-04) Omansh Krishn: Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2021-04-20) ˑ: Работает.
- (2021-04-14) iman abdi: not worked some times
- (2021-04-03) Rosen Zhelev: Works well. Can you add full page screenshot support?
- (2021-03-03) Jayne-Norah Ntambi: The most convenient screen shot extension I have used - and I have tried about every extension on Chrome. Very satisfied as a user!
- (2021-02-21) Ray Gonçalves: Really nice! A suggestion: Could you put an button to 'copy' the image? Like the Opera screenshot tool. Would be nice! That's faster way to share imagens on whatsapp, just copy and then past. If possible, please. Thanks!
- (2021-01-25) Chris LaFave: I tried several screenshot extensions before settling on this one. Once I set my hotkeys, I don't have to click on anything else to use it (great when clicking around would otherwise affect the content to be captured). I love it! :)
- (2021-01-12) Benjamin Gurevitch: My computer would really glitch if I took a screenshot, and this extension really helped me with that problem. Thank you so much for making this!
- (2020-12-30) Billy Lukmaryo: The best Screenshot extension with auto-naming. It even allows you to select image format and shortcut
- (2020-12-12) Nicholas Walditama: Didn't work on PDF! I have only this issue, for normal webpage is normal
- (2020-11-07) 地转天旋: 简单明了，截完图直接就能下载，没那么多弯弯绕绕，好用
- (2020-08-14) ubos nugo: Easy to use, not overloaded wit features and it just works. Additionally no web 3.0 "features" aka wants to collect and sell all your data.
- (2020-07-21) andy: does what it says it does! press alt+s, click + drag to select area, and boom! your screenshot downloads automatically to your desired location (or you can have it ask you each time). i love that i dont have to click on the extension and navigate through it every time. i just alt + s, click + drag, and there it is!! my only qualm is that i wish i could have it automatically snip my whole tab/browser window instead of having to select the area manually, but it's not a big deal. overall a great tool!!!!
- (2020-01-28) Mariano D'Angelo: Solo quería automatizar el guardado de la captura. Nada más, sin edición ni cortes. Y ésta extensión te lo permite.
- (2019-12-04) wasteful goblin: works and totally free. And customer support seems nice Good job to the dev
- (2019-09-04) Jean-Charles: I tried many one... and I'm always come bacl to this one. it's working It's simple It's do screenshot.
- (2019-07-20) Naveen Dahiya: great
- (2019-03-26) o))) Well this is new and i like it alot. let me prepare for the future with this new program extension. Crypto: 07b654385c3cf16f73ff6441a785e182
- (2018-11-25) Nicola Warner: Temperamental. Works sometimes and not others. Not reliable enough for me.
- (2018-10-28) rstefan250: This is really great. Non intrusive, easy to use and simple. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you :) :) :)
- (2018-10-07) Carol DeLis: WAS great until it stopped working a few days ago. Now nothing.
- (2018-07-24) Dynomite Gaming: best app for work we can tke screen shot till where we want ... LOVE IT
- (2018-06-08) Vinodkumar. C.R: excellent
- (2018-05-26) Anton Kirillov: Very good and easy. Does not ask an access for history of visited paged which other plugins doo
- (2018-02-19) Yasir Wasti: has simple one click auto save no preview prompt feature. thx.
- (2018-02-15) Rufat Hasanov: ZOR
- (2018-02-10) Cheng-Wei Chien: Simple and quick. Just as I need.
- (2017-10-15) sunyt sun: 最好用的一款截图软件
- (2017-08-16) Survival Gamer: Doesn't work
- (2017-08-01) Steffen Busch: Works nice on most pages, but nothing happens using the keyboard shortcut on my pages using frames / frameset.
- (2017-06-22) Malcolm Baker: Love it - very simple, fast and efficient. Does exactly what I need it to do.
- (2017-05-04) oldChase Whitfield: Simple and to the point. Exactly what I was looking for.
- (2017-04-21) Amari Allah: The only thing I wish it had was the option to use it while in full screen mode. I primarily want to use this with Netflix and while I like I don't have to open Microsoft's snip it and go through an extra step, the lack of full screen usage slightly takes away from its advantage.
- (2017-03-27) PacketBee YU: It can't work on my mac
- (2016-08-12) Delfin Fernandez: It is not working
- (2016-07-22) Игорь Викторович: Не работает
- (2016-01-27) Yanny Mishchuk: This is really useful and very simple to use, but, It needs a way to be able to select stuff that is offscreen. If I could select part of the page, and then scroll down to select more of the page then this extension would be perfect.
- (2016-01-18) FRIDA BELMONT FLORES: La instalé y no hace nada.
- (2022-04-25, v:2.0) Lawrence Timmins: how to restore screen to default setting
my screen is split top is magnified the bottom is normal i want to restore screen to origanal defult setting
- (2022-03-31, v:2.0) Chuck Pergiel: Screenshot extension versus Wikipedia
Screenshot extension works well, however, whenever I go to Wikipedia the page is too wide for the screen / window, so there is a scroll bar at the bottom. Removing the screenshot extension restores wikipedia pages to their correct width. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/thtxmh/issue_with_google_chrome_wikipedia_pages_too_wide/
- (2022-03-11, v:2.0) Michele Boucher Edwards: ne fonctionne pas
ne fonctionne pas
- (2020-08-06, v:1.9) Keith Mullen: New Download
Hi-- I just installed Screenshot Capture, and am impressed. Clean and simple, works as advertised. However, I'm perplexed that I can't save the actual image file to the clipboard, to paste in another application, like Outlook.. As a user, the base64 text on the clipboard is pretty much useless to me. Any way around this?
- (2020-04-25, v:1.9) Nanjundeshwara Guptha: To Locate the recorded file on PC
i downloaded the application and used it in Chrome and I clicked on the icon when the video was playing on the PC. I want to know where the file will be saved and how to capture it . kindly let me know asap.
- (2018-10-07, v:1.7) Carol DeLis: It stopped working
Click several times to activate, then the cross appears, I mark the area, the box has 'handles' on release, then if I click somewhere it disappears, the red mark on the icon stays, the cross stays, it is an endless loop. NOTHING ever gets done. Have tried all three ways in settings, nothing works. It was great until a few days ago, and now it is no good at all. To do what I must do, Print Screen then paste that into Paint, then crop.
- (2018-05-04, v:1.7) no funciona
- (2017-09-19, v:1.7) 怎么使用？
- (2017-03-10, v:1.6) screenshot
Como tomo screenshot ahora que ya lo descargue?