A shortcut to Chrome settings page
This is just a shortcut to Chrome Settings, nothing more. When installed, it will add Settings icon to your browser's toolbar. Click the settings icon and you'll open Chrome settings page. And that's all this "extension" does... (There are, however, some settings for the extension itself that you may wih to check: you can set the button to open the settings panel in new tab or in the current tab and, if you want, you can add it to the context menu.) **Questions & Answers** Why adding separate extension for something that needs only two clicks in the menu? -- Because with the settings button in the toolbar you’ll do it in one click, which is 50% faster :) But extensions eat system memory, isn’t it stupid to waste resources just for quick shortcut to the settings page? -- This extension doesn’t “eat” memory. In technical words, it uses non-persistent background page, which means chrome doesn’t need to reserve memory for the settings button (check the Chrome Task Manager if you don’t trust us: when you click on the settings icon it will start the extension, open the settings page and remove it quickly after that) Why not just use a simple bookmark to the settings page instead of installing separate extension? -- You could, but you’ll need more clicks to access the bookmark from the menu or you’ll need to have the bookmarks bar open. For people like me the bookmarks bar is not a good choice (it takes from the vertical space of the browser) and the toolbar icon is more convinient. If I install it, is it easy to remove the extension if I don’t like it? -- Yes, you can remove it with literally two clicks (just right-click on the settings button and select “Remove from Chrome”) How to access the options page? -- Right-click on the settings icon and select “Options”. How to open the settings page in the current tab instead of opening new tab? -- Right-click on the extension’s icon and select “Options”, then uncheck the first checkbox How to add settings shortcut to the context menu? -- Go to the options page (see above) and check the respective checkbox (“Add settings button to context menu”) How to change the settings icon? -- Currently you can’t, but in the next version (coming soon) we’ll add this functionality Is it possible to add the settings button to chrome apps page? -- Currently you can, but in future it will be possible only on Chrome OS devices. To do that just install our Settings Button app (copy the link below and paste it in new tab): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/settings-button/eknfjkldccfacljdbofdodpiodfhcfkp?hl=en-US&gl=BG Do you have more shortcuts like Settings Button? -- Definitely, see the links below **Settings Button -- Version History** ver.2.0 – Added options (context menu support) ver.1.0 – Initial Release **More toolbar shortcuts** (These are like this settings button, but for different Chrome pages) Downloads Button: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/downloads-button/kmeimggcacadlbnpfccpndimcapidlcl History Button: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/history/kakmedkloohedkbmmgchndgichbdndng Shortcut to Bookmarks: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bookmarks/ogpfecfneobbmjefimpeomoeloahjmcm?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon Extensions: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extensions/lmjcdccmhfohhffdhmleihkcgefgnghb?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon Plugins: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plugins/mmcblfncjaclajmegihojiekebofjcen Shortcut to Chrome Apps page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apps-button/ccaamabfdfcoealabklkkjohkhgomhmo?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon **More from the settings button author** • Images On/Off – disable images per given host: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/images-onoff/nfmlhilnjccdggifdbhnhkffmjgalbgg?hl=en&gl=001 • Disable Cookies – turn off cookies for the current site: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-cookies/lkmjmficaoifggpfapbffkggecbleang • SingleClick Cleaner – cleanup Chrome in one single click: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singleclick-cleaner/cknijndocnnlkpenngcdcpleddlmckkm • Merge Windows – join all browser windows into one single window: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/merge-windows/mmpokgfcmbkfdeibafoafkiijdbfblfg?hl=en&gl=001 • Scroll to Top – just an alternative of your keyboard's "Home" button: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scroll-to-top/khnloieeghjghmpjeaopaenibbneljpk • Motivational New Tab – Replace default New Tab with motivational quote & beautiful picture: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/motivational-new-tab/colhedmdicjkpcamhdmhelahipgceneb Read more about this settings button extension and our other apps and extensions at: www.singleclickapps.com
- (2020-04-04) Mihail Sverdelov: Те, що так довго шукав - доступ до налаштувань в один клік)
- (2020-01-12) Chris Vydas: Sadly, not all versions of chromium are created. Chrome based kiwi browser, has no settings page or rather kiwi://settings is not a functional working party of the browser so settings button does not work and some single click extensions work, while others like this one, do not. Would be cool if the developer could make it work but that may not be possible
- (2020-01-05) Heara Johnson: worst thing ever i couldnt get into my e-mail
- (2019-05-20) Dinkle Splat: Does what it needs to so i cant complain
- (2018-12-31) Tomek Wojciechowski: It's a good extension but I miss the possibility to choose the button appearance (greyscale to be exact). I don't like all those colorful buttons and I hide them in the menu. But hiding this particular button doesn't make any sense, obviously.
- (2018-09-02) พงศกร คิด: perfect
- (2018-05-01) Eleene Every: can't get into my google sittings to delete cookies or history . Flash video and sounds
- (2018-02-24) ok
- (2020-05-17, v:126.96.36.199) Ismael Pereda: Button
I don't see the add extension on my screen.
- (2019-11-19, v:188.8.131.52) BananaDanceStudios: HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES?
HOW TO CLEAR COOKIES?
- (2019-01-12, v:184.108.40.206) settings bar disappeared
My settings bar suddenly disappeared
- (2018-12-18, v:220.127.116.11) POP ups BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER...male impotence, etc. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pop-Ups bottom right corner, every day, every site I'm on....MALE IMPOTENCE???? WHO CARES. STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-12-13, v:18.104.22.168) one question
hello how can i remove or hide the minimize,maximize,close tabs on google chrome?????
- (2018-11-27, v:22.214.171.124) pop ups
remove all pop ups please
- (2018-08-10, v:126.96.36.199) Sandra Barker: Computer
How do I get to chrome preferences
- (2018-03-18, v:188.8.131.52) printer
help with printer set up
- (2018-02-23, v:184.108.40.206) home page
how to go straight to my homepage WITHOUT PUTTING IN MY PASSWORD ALL THE TIME
- (2018-02-23, v:220.127.116.11) HOME PAGE
how do I go straight to my home page WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT IN MY PASSWORD ALL THE TIME
- (2018-02-01, v:18.104.22.168) web.config
web.config hatsını bir türlü çözemiyorum
- (2017-10-23, v:22.214.171.124) Marion Sutliff: dark
pages for games to dark