Distill and display only the important content to enjoy a more focused reading experience
Have you ever visited a website where the text is so ugly you get a headache trying to read or where the content is hard to find because of unimportant sidebars and share buttons? This extension will fix that for you. This extension figures out what is important on a page and shows only that in the same consistent way every time. Uses the code that powers the mobile-friendly view on phones. Planned features: * Font scaling support * Multi-page article concatenation Update notes: 1.9: * Added option for custom CSS 1.8: * Worked around issue with text direction not being retained properly * Added instructions for how to change keyboard shortcut to options 1.7: * Fixed options not loading * Fixed transition to theme colors when viewer loads * Updated DOM Distiller resources to the latest versions 1.6: * Added feedback form when uninstalling 1.5: * Fixed some sites appearing on top of viewer * Updated to the latest DOM Distiller version 1.4: * Fixed page scrollbar overlaying the scrollbar of the viewer 1.3: * Fixed distilled content never getting shown 1.2: * Fixed original page jumping to top when hiding distilled version * Fixed loading indicator not being shown * Added swedish translation 1.1: * Performance enhancements and bug fixes Extension icons were derived from the following icons: * github.com/google/material-design-icons/blob/c6fc87c71001975022f979a2f6b031620e9c7ff1/action/svg/production/ic_chrome_reader_mode_48px.svg * github.com/google/material-design-icons/blob/c6fc87c71001975022f979a2f6b031620e9c7ff1/editor/svg/production/ic_bubble_chart_48px.svg Both of the icons derived from are licensed under CC BY 4.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)
- (2020-10-03) Owen Smith: Great extension, nice theming options!
- (2020-03-27) Konstantin Kruglov: Doesn't work in Brave Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit). Shows loading circle forever.
- (2020-02-27) Alok Gautam: I have finally found what I needed. Absolutely useful, correct formatting with simple settings.
- (2020-01-16) shoaib shaikh: God bless you team. I am using Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) Loved the feature. My only dislike is that I have to click Distill button every-time, can I make it on by default?
- (2020-01-12) Andy Zhou: Works great but sometimes breaks the scrollbar
- (2019-10-10) Zen Kaiser: Awesome
- (2019-08-13) Brian Drake Jones Lee: Makes the world wide web usable again. That's a pretty big deal for me!
- (2019-06-20) Stephen Rybacki: Seems to work fine for me. This is the one thing that Edge browsing had over Chrome -- until now that I've discovered this.
- (2019-05-18) Boray Eris: Multiple page merge not supported.
- (2019-04-11) Alexander Filatov: Liked it, But The functionality is not sufficient.
- (2019-03-26) I almost tried all the read-related extensions in chrome and this is the most powerful one I could find. It's the ONLY one working on all the website I selected w/o omitting any information. GOOD
- (2019-03-14) antiglobalista: The only extension that works correctly at stackoverflow.com. Great formatting, dark theme, custom CSS... 5 stars from me.
- (2019-03-01) Works perfectly. Love it. Use all the time (sepia and monospace font are my go-to choices)
- (2018-11-23) Ami Rojkes Dombe: I've been looking for a long time plugin like this. Excellent. Works almost with any web page. Quick and simple. Thanks
- (2018-11-13) Георгий: Отличное расширение! Есть возможность выбрать одну из предустановленных тем, шрифт (только сам шрифт, размер нельзя, или я не нашел ). Попробовал несколько подобных расширений - это единственное, которое корректно убирает все ненужные колонки и отлично подгоняет страницу к чтению.
- (2018-10-23) Joseph DeGarmo: On a local news website, I kept getting an annoying popup asking me to disable my ad blocker and I had to keep reloading the page to read a news article. This plug-in promptly fixed the issue by displaying only the article text without the popups (and constant burnups). Works the same way as the reading view on the Microsoft Edge browser. Very useful extension.
- (2018-09-12) Sriram Ravichandran: Works well for my needs (Not great all pages, but definitely good enough)
- (2018-08-28) David Fragoso: i like much but maybe some text that matches the screen
- (2018-08-16) Now I can read pages with massive title bars at the top, bottom and sides.
- (2018-08-15) Alfredo Avila: no funciona
- (2018-07-21) Andy Xiang: just right for reading. works most of time. thanks!
- (2018-06-18) vladapt: Doesn't work. It doesn't load up a page at all.
- (2018-05-31) --: Great minimalistic ext!
- (2018-04-28) Vector79: Has a clunky and off-putting name, but works better than its wider spread competition. :-)
- (2019-06-30, v:1.9) Микола Тимощук: Bug
Hi! App stops working correctly with sites like this. https://footballhub.com.ua/shho-chekaye-na-malynovskogo-vidpovidaye-sportyvnyj-dyrektor-genka/
- (2019-04-14, v:1.9) R: please support export to pdf with the READ MODE page style .
please support export to pdf with the READ MODE page style .thanks!
- (2019-02-05, v:1.9) Nikolaos Papathanassopoulos: Google Translate
Breaks the embedded Google Translate function. Chrome says the site is in italian. I assume because you are italian and so is your chrome extension. It breaks the translation. Love the tool though, because it's a hassle to activate it manually and the posssibility for css style overrides is amazing.
- (2019-01-23, v:1.9) Ami Rojkes Dombe: Not working with cookies blocking
When I enable Chrome blocking cookies, the plugin stops working
- (2019-01-20, v:1.9) SBG: Errors
Unfortunately, your extension stopped working- http://prntscr.com/m9sjwv
- (2018-11-22, v:1.9) Alfredo Avila: Not working along adblockers
Doesn't work on chrome with u-block, and on brave with shields on. Hope you address this issue soon cause I love this extention. Bye.
- (2018-10-29, v:1.9) Charles Gancarz: Please allow changing theme and font from the page being viewed
It's currently impossible to adjust any of the settings in the distilled mode. You need to go to the extension settings and change things like theme or font from there. Please add the option to quickly adjust those settings from the webpage being viewed whilst the distilled mode is activated.
- (2018-09-18, v:1.9) Line width
It would be awesome to be able to customize the width of the lines! Please!
- (2018-06-14, v:1.9) Кирилл Столбовский: Print
Please, add print function!
- (2018-06-12, v:1.9) Owen Smith: Issue
Does not work on many Atlas Obscura pages. Please look into this.