Display a tree of bookmarks under a toolbar button, and search your bookmarks in the omnibox using the keyword 'bm'.
This extension adds a button to Chrome in the top right corner (next to the "three-dot" settings button). When you click the button you get a tree of your bookmarks with folders that you can open and close by clicking them. A simple -non obtrusive- sliding animation is applied to the opening and closing of folders. You can open bookmarks in the following ways: - click: open in current tab - middle-click (scrollwheel): open in new tab and close minimal bookmarks tree - ctrl+click: open in new tab and keep minimal bookmarks tree open You can also right click a folder and click "Open all" to open all bookmarks in that folder in tabs. Right click also let's you edit/delete bookmarks and folders. The tree uses simple folder icons that show their state (open/close) and also shows the favicons for the websites you've bookmarked. The extension remembers which folders were open, so you can leave your favorite folders open at all times. Additionally the extension enables you to search through your bookmarks and bookmark folders easily by entering 'bm' into the URL bar (or "omnibox" as chrome calls it) and then type your search terms. It is not and will not be possible to search in the popup window itself because this wouldn't add anything to the extension; it would just duplicate behaviour. The extension needs permission to view and edit your bookmarks, but will only ever edit bookmarks if you instruct it to, it will never change bookmarks on its own. Minimal bookmarks tree is completely open source and available on github: https://github.com/rpkamp/chrome-minimal-bookmarks-tree Any and all suggestions are welcome!
- (2020-03-23) Michael: Been using this extension for a while now, pretty happy with it. There are a number of extensions like it and I think this one is a fork of an older extension no longer maintained. I like this one the best because it has a good handful of features (how many features does this really need?) without bloat, fast, clean, simple to use. Many thanks to the developer for continuing to maintain this extension!
- (2020-03-13) Эрго Софт: Лучшее, что пока нашел!!!
- (2020-03-02) 1: I'm using with NEW Edge, as test.
- (2020-02-27) Sergei Mironov: Очень хорошие закладки, правда иногда не открывает подменю закладок - при клике по папке значок раскрывается, но закладки не выводит. Надеюсь, починят когда-нибудь...
- (2020-02-06) 陈巴尔虎旗: 同时满足“记录滚动位置”“中键不会错误的打开两个标签”“中键打开文件夹内所有书签”真是太难得了
- (2020-02-02) Oleksij Plotnyckyj: It lags (freezes for a second) on expand animation. Maybe you want to fix that.
- (2020-02-01) Richard Gilbert: Doesn't require excessive permissions 👍👍👍👍 I can open a whole folder with middle mouse button 👍👍 Folders stay open 👍 (Optional)
- (2020-01-12) Who Cares: I like it. 5 stars. But if is possible would you add option to change height to 600+?
- (2019-11-17) 박재범: Please support dark mode
- (2019-11-11) Viktor W: It remembers where I closed it
- (2019-11-09) Lee: The options for this extension are non-functional. Well, they LOOK that way. No one can see black text on a black background. A drop-down list is shown for the options. The drop-down list presents an empty black panel; i.e., black background with no other-color text (no contrast hence unreadable). I discovered you can click on the down-arrow, and then use the up/down arrow keys to move between the available choices that are otherwise be invisible. My guess is the author has not yet bothered updating the drop-down list to support the dark theme in Google Chrome or in Windows (when apps/programs use the same theme as the OS). Needs a GUI fix to get contrasting colors used in the drop-down listboxes. While you can change which font is used for the text inside the popup window for the bookmarks tree, you cannot select font size (or other attributes, like bolding, italics, etc). I had to test many different fonts (which requires blindly using the up/down arrow keys to scroll through all the fonts) to get one that was about the size that was easy on my eyes, but letting me pick font size would've made the task a lot easier as I could pick a font that looks nice for readability but then choose a size that my old eyes could see easier. I'm glad the author decided to let the user choose between animation speeds. I chose no animation. That's just eye candy. It's one of the first "features" in Windows that I disable. I want menus to open instantly. I don't want to make my computer look like it got slow.
- (2019-10-19) Constantine Kon: Great extension! "When clicking "Open all", open all bookmarks in all subfolders as well" works for me!
- (2019-08-18) André Lindholm: Good one! exactly what I was looking for :)
- (2019-07-17) abysser: Hello! Plz get back Zoom Level. Thx.
- (2019-05-15) Han Solo: Very nice but when you have a few hundred Bookmarks, even well organized, the lack of a search engine is really painful. Every time I need to search for a bookmark, which happens quiet often, I need to use Chrome's default Bookmarks. After a few days I just got rid of this extension, only because of that. Please consider adding a search bar. It's a mandatory option in my opinion.
- (2019-03-22) Igor Kozarchuk: All good. But add a search field.
- (2019-03-13) Antonio Santos: A great extension after Neater Bookmarks stopped being developed. I still think that adding search would be beneficial, as you could see the bookmark icons, which Chrome does not show when using 'bm', and helps a lot sorting through the search results (the way Popup my Bookmarks does it).
- (2019-02-16) cent brous: Спасибо! То что искал.
- (2019-02-02) ANDREA CENTEMERO: Since last update the option "preferred height" does not work. It sticks to 500 even if you type 600.
- (2018-12-06) Гастроном Минский: Лучшие компактные закладки для вивальди. Спасибо.
- (2018-10-08) 鄭剴仁: This is what i want! 太棒了, chrome怎麼沒有內建這個按鈕
- (2018-09-09) Riccardo C.: Works wonderfully, has a clean look and the right amount of options: there's also the option to compress other folders when you open one, very useful if you have a very organized folder structure in your bookmarks. It only lacks a way to always start with all folders compressed: right now it always opens up showing the last folder you visited. That would be the cherry on top :)
- (2018-09-07) Vincent Poirier: Best bookmark app I have used.
- (2018-09-05) The best
- (2018-07-15) Neil Attrill: Does the job of accessing bookmarks, looks nicer than Neater Bookmarks.
- (2020-03-20, v:5.2.2) b s: Fails to load
New to this browser. I installed the bookmarks button, but clicking on it doesn't seem to work. It says "loading ..." and that is all it does.
- (2019-12-10, v:5.2.1) Bobby Phoenix: The options seem to be messed up.
If I try to change any options I have to wait a couple seconds for the dropdown menu to appear, and then all I get is an all black list. I can't read any options.
- (2019-12-05, v:5.2.0) Mostafa Moghaddam: Extension options
Extension options page is not loading.
- (2019-09-06, v:5.1.0) XEO XTH: This option dont work
Hi, thanks for this great extension. The option: "When clicking "Open all", open all bookmarks in all subfolders as well." Dont work, when i untick keep opening the subfolders, I'd just like to open the folder and not the subfolders.
- (2019-06-26, v:4.9.0) Stephan Fritsch: Middle Mouse Button problem?
I think there is a bug with the middle mouse button (open a bookmark in a new tab) in this extension. When you press the middle mouse button, the bookmark is opened in a new tab, but also the cursor changes to the scroll arrows, until you press left click. This bug only seems to occur when the minimal bookmarks window has a scroll bar on the right. When the window is small enough, so there is no scroll bar, the middle mouse button works just fine.
- (2019-06-25, v:4.9.0) Hira: Icon setting does not apply
Hi. Thank you for your very convenient add on. The icon setting (I set "Star") does not apply automatically, till I open new page or click any link in the startup page. I don't think this is long lasting problem, so the newest version (4.9.0) has something wrong...
- (2019-04-29, v:4.8.5) Daniel Egner: Keep clicked folder under mouse position
When I click on a folder with lots of bookmarks and then open another folder, the clicked folder does not stay in focus. Instead as soon as the clicked folder is opened the popup scrolls to some other position. It would be nice if the clicked folder keeps the position under the mouse pointer's position.
- (2019-04-29, v:4.8.5) Daniel Egner: Bookmarks without text show favicon in half height
The subject say it. I have all bookmarks in the bookmarks bar without text and they are shown in the popup with half of their heigt.
- (2018-12-12, v:4.5.3) Vii Chou: You can add a search bar
You can add a search bar to search bookmarks
- (2018-09-05, v:4.5.3) Chris Martin: Additional Open options
Can you please add the ability to open items or folders in a New Window or Incognito Window?
- (2018-07-14, v:4.5.3) oleed: Can you please add:
Can you please add: - importing a front option (may be very nice unique option); - long left click option (a usual click is quick and continues 0.1-0.2 of a second. Long click - to press and hold about 1 second)?
- (2018-07-03, v:4.5.3) 강민창: Left Click and Middle Click
Left-click is not functional sometimes. when I left clicked a folder, it's not open quite many times. And middle click is weird. Every time I clicked the middle click, "scroll arrow" appeared. It's really inconvenient..... If u fix these two thing this will be a great expansion app Thanks
- (2018-05-28, v:4.5.3) Dawn Lauryn: Organize
Seems pointless unless you have the ability to organize your bookmarks. I'd recommend adding that as your app has newer updates than many of the other apps, so you might get more usage with this feature, which is shocking that google doesn't provide.